Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

anne frank fanfic posted:

You a) refuse to vote in your self interest b) think using a computer is the goal in life for children and c) have never read a facebook post from anyone ever about politics or sports to think that one group is worse than the others in celebrating.

Beides this though i just wanted to congratluate GIP in ushering in a new wave in politics, congrats all and thanks for getting the vote out. Its time for change!

The computer thing was just an example you gently caress. Obviously education funding and quality is more complex than letting someone use a computer I just woke up and had to post post post.

I have read facebook posts and my liberal leaning friends typically keep it quiet because they don't feel the need to tell the whole world about their views and try to convince people why they are right. Conservative people will just never shut the gently caress up about black people and guns and mooslims and SLUTS WANTING BIRTH CONTROL and MOOSLIMS AND FUUUUCK (except they mostly don't swear because they are part of God's one true religion). Maybe it's because I'm from the south and if I knew people from NYC or san francisco I'd be singing a different tune but seriously gently caress smug people in general.

Edit: Also sorry for your terrible governor Connecticut, but I wanted the incumbent to win just because there's a dude I know from up there that would not shut the gently caress up about VOTER FRAUD and VOTE SWITCHING ON THE MACHINES because some people just can't rationalize that their views weren't as popular or whatever so the other side had to cheat. It's the grown up version of "my controller is broken!"

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The best party of all lost, the Juche Party. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwoSFQb5HVk

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The computer thing was just an example you gently caress. Obviously education funding and quality is more complex than letting someone use a computer I just woke up and had to post post post.

I have read facebook posts and my liberal leaning friends typically keep it quiet because they don't feel the need to tell the whole world about their views and try to convince people why they are right. Conservative people will just never shut the gently caress up about black people and guns and mooslims and SLUTS WANTING BIRTH CONTROL and MOOSLIMS AND FUUUUCK (except they mostly don't swear because they are part of God's one true religion). Maybe it's because I'm from the south and if I knew people from NYC or san francisco I'd be singing a different tune but seriously gently caress smug people in general.

Edit: Also sorry for your terrible governor Connecticut, but I wanted the incumbent to win just because there's a dude I know from up there that would not shut the gently caress up about VOTER FRAUD and VOTE SWITCHING ON THE MACHINES because some people just can't rationalize that their views weren't as popular or whatever so the other side had to cheat. It's the grown up version of "my controller is broken!"

To be fair, they kinda have a point with the mooslims thing.

So anyone here from Canadia? Whats the real story with immigrating there. I live in Florida. Hate heat, humidity, republicans, democrats. Love guns, explosives, and medical weed.

Also I am single if you want to go that route. Anything to get the hell out of this place.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

How can I vote if there is no ballot for Allah?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I must admit, being exceptionally well paid has made me care a whole lot less that the republicans won big.

meh

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The best party of all lost, the Juche Party. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwoSFQb5HVk

:stwoon:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Fart Sandwiches posted:

lol

Liberals never shut the gently caress up but about different things. In fact, people that really care about politics tend to be huge fags. I'm willing to bet that if I went back 6 years I'd find some post by you about how delicious republican tears are or something to that effect.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

e: I suck.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

That is a fun fact.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

lol

Liberals never shut the gently caress up but about different things.
My friends list is about half-and-half ex-mil conservative types and pro-union/artist liberal types.

You're wrong.

Now read about this black person I saw at the store. She had an iPhone and I think she paid in food stamps. No this isn't the same one I posted yesterday. Truly are country is falling apart and it's up to us to act because NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Arguing about Team Red or Team Blue is kinda dumb when the money behind them gives no fucks about that and gets what it wants either way.

What I'm saying is gently caress caring, getting drunk and waiting for the cleansing fire is more productive.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

where are the nukes

i was promised blessed fire

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Arguing about Team Red or Team Blue is kinda dumb when the money behind them gives no fucks about that and gets what it wants either way.

What I'm saying is gently caress caring, getting drunk and waiting for the cleansing fire is more productive.

eh.

Vote for an issue the parties are divided on, then.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Voter apathy is why amendment 2 failed. Make voting compulsory like Australia.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Voter apathy is why amendment 2 failed. Make voting compulsory like Australia.

And do what, issue thousands of arrest warrants the day after election day? Similar, smaller scale mandates like compelling a quorum in the senate cause enough of a ruckus that they do not happen often- it's only been done once since WWII.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Grant a tax break for voters.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Make election day a holiday.

Sure, poor people will still have to work and (still) be less inclined to vote but at least they'll be making time and a half.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If you don't/didn't vote you're loving retarded.

Full stop.

Way to give barry your birth name , an iris read, and firm evidence of your continued life and location within wt least w 6 digit grid.

:rolleyes:

Barry and the choom gang just needs 4 digits to ensure your death if this goes all strange love.

Honestly though I moved at the wrong time, I couldn't really make a vote here in [south eastern quadrant of the North American continent.] :ssh:Memphis:ssh: but at least we didn't get loving Judge Joe Brown as our no-poo poo district attorney.

True story.
Lol

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Obama Africanus posted:

Barry and the choom gang

Dibs on this band name.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Dibs on this band name.

Maybe they'll team up with Connie and the Gapteeth and go on wacky Saturday morning hijinks.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

And do what, issue thousands of arrest warrants the day after election day? Similar, smaller scale mandates like compelling a quorum in the senate cause enough of a ruckus that they do not happen often- it's only been done once since WWII.

It's a $75 fine iirc if they don't vote. Open the polls for 2-3 weeks and make it mandatory. Do something to get people out to loving vote.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
So, I've worked out the prices for the plane tickets, for a six month vacation ~$3200. I like going camping, so I'm planning to see both islands of New Zealand and do a little backpacking, then South America for more backpacking in Chile (Torres del Paine) and then Inca Trail with [South American points of interest] for about a month and a half in between. This would amount to 18 dollars per day of vacation spent on air travel. NZ will obviously be a lot more expensive than Bolivia in terms of day-to-day costs, but I think if I hitchhike, couchsurf and WWOOF in New Zealand and hump my own camping gear so I don't have to rent it anywhere, I can do this trip for pretty cheap. I've got the money up front, and I think with good budgeting, I can maybe get a substantially reduced net cost for the vacation if I count my va funbux (maybe break even??). My life is in the ownzone right now.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's a $75 fine iirc if they don't vote. Open the polls for 2-3 weeks and make it mandatory. Do something to get people out to loving vote.

What happens to people that don't pay the fine?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

MancXVI posted:

What happens to people that don't pay the fine?

they get the boot

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Drafted into the marines.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

DownByTheWooter posted:

they get the boot

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

DownByTheWooter posted:

So, I've worked out the prices for the plane tickets, for a six month vacation ~$3200. I like going camping, so I'm planning to see both islands of New Zealand and do a little backpacking, then South America for more backpacking in Chile (Torres del Paine) and then Inca Trail with [South American points of interest] for about a month and a half in between. This would amount to 18 dollars per day of vacation spent on air travel. NZ will obviously be a lot more expensive than Bolivia in terms of day-to-day costs, but I think if I hitchhike, couchsurf and WWOOF in New Zealand and hump my own camping gear so I don't have to rent it anywhere, I can do this trip for pretty cheap. I've got the money up front, and I think with good budgeting, I can maybe get a substantially reduced net cost for the vacation if I count my va funbux (maybe break even??). My life is in the ownzone right now.

In the past 7 years, I've taken trips to all those places (save Bolivia) and doing it in a single trip seriously sounds awesome. Don't miss out on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing in NZ. Check out Pucon, CL and I loved few days I spent in Puerto Natales. Also Valdivia was a pretty fun area, but I just there for a day. If you're in Chile and up for an amazing border crossing - check out the http://www.visitchile.cl/crucedelagos2.htm into Bariloche, Argentina.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
How many of you vets got somehow injured in your service? Either by regular wear and tear or by accidents or during employment. Also how bad is it?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
all of us and real bad :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Helldump Immunity. posted:

all of us and real bad :(

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

ManOfTheYear posted:

How many of you vets got somehow injured in your service? Either by regular wear and tear or by accidents or during employment. Also how bad is it?

I don't have any injuries because I was a Marine and Marines are pretty tough as I'm sure you can imagine.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I have shin splints pretty bad. They got me out of a PFT once because the Navy doc was in a pretty good mood

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

ManOfTheYear posted:

:coal:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Booblord Zagats posted:

I have shim splints pretty bad. They got me out of a life once because that guys loving nuts.

FTFY

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

ManOfTheYear posted:

well, I can tell you with confidence that literally every vet had to do those retard arm circles either as a stretch or as an "exercise" at one point or many times, and therefore we all have poo poo rotator cuffs

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

TCD posted:

In the past 7 years, I've taken trips to all those places (save Bolivia) and doing it in a single trip seriously sounds awesome. Don't miss out on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing in NZ. Check out Pucon, CL and I loved few days I spent in Puerto Natales. Also Valdivia was a pretty fun area, but I just there for a day. If you're in Chile and up for an amazing border crossing - check out the http://www.visitchile.cl/crucedelagos2.htm into Bariloche, Argentina.

Awesome, thanks. Yeah that Lakes District type of area of Chile/Argentina looks like exactly the kind of place I want to be. Same with what I've heard about Buenos Aires and Uruguay, so I'm pretty excited to figure out how I spend the time between mid-March (TdPNP) and mid-May (Machu Picchu). Taking a big, gap-year kind of trip has been bucket list type of important for me after my tour in Europe, staying in a bunch of youth hostels and meeting a lot of kids from around the world doing just that. I spent my last year in the military lining poo poo up - saving a poo poo load of money, getting accepted to a school that allowed deferred enrollment, etc.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

ManOfTheYear posted:

I use acronyms for everything these days, and now I can't fully integrate into the civilian world.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 6, 2014

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
A lot of us have butt problems and cysts, Mr nice has ball pain. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My hearing has gone to hell, my knees are far worse than they were, and I had a 5.5 mm kidney stone plucked from my right ureter which left me pissing blood for over a week while I literally had a string running from my kidney to my left leg.

I'll let you figure out how THAT works.

• Locked thread