Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
since i noticed netflix has total recall up the good one i've watched like 5 times in 2 weeks. Why can't hollywood make action movies anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
the new entertainment frontier approaching hollywood is sexy cartoons for adults

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

TOILETLORD posted:

since i noticed netflix has total recall up the good one i've watched like 5 times in 2 weeks. Why can't hollywood make action movies anymore?

Because liberalism

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

the new entertainment frontier approaching hollywood is sexy cartoons for adults

all i want is dudes shooting each other without shaky cam.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

all i want is dudes shooting each other without shaky cam.

Dredd is the only fairly recent film that successfulyl captured the feel of 80s action movies.

etalian fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 7, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

Dredd is the only fairly recent film that successful captured the feel of 80s action movies.

i got pissed whenever they used CG instead of 10 times the squibs required like a real movie should. Also no boobs. i give it a c+.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
also arrow is the best 80's action movie right now.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

etalian posted:

Dredd is the only fairly recent film that successful captured the feel of 80s action movies.

Dredd was pretty drat good.

TOILETLORD posted:

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYtQMhnBtTw

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The best part is when he yells SCREW YOUUUU BENNYYYY and then literally kills Benny with a pneumatic drill

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

please make this the Dredd Meagthread tia

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

TOILETLORD posted:

since i noticed netflix has total recall up the good one

did they remake it?
as i type this i know the answer is "yes", but it must have been really loving lovely and generic because i can't remember a single thing about it - no posters, promos, none of the cast, nothing. I bet it was only a year or two agao as well.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821ft1hVTtw

Ma-Ma was pretty cool.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Its truly amazing how a steroid-ridden foreigner who can barely speak English really made some truly classic action movies. Compare him to a chump like Stallone or Snipes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

sorry best gang boss is always lord humungous. women just can't do it right.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

the arrow? really? i just assumed it would be terrible and skipped it

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

TWO WEEKS

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Wendigee posted:

the arrow? really? i just assumed it would be terrible and skipped it

all the non island stuff is kinda bad but the rest is just practical effect action scenes with stunt men.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Its truly amazing how a steroid-ridden foreigner who can barely speak English really made some truly classic action movies. Compare him to a chump like Stallone or Snipes.

Cameron was originally going to cast Arnold as a hero but then realized he was going to be a better fit as the terminator.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

dude was smart though, really smart people always do good work when they enjoy what they are doing.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0Xfqkgw

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
John Wick is really good.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

This is good news. Totall Recall is my fav Arnie flick. Gonna go watch now!

Need more loving movies like this one

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
you might think this is the best ahnold movie but let me tell you about a little thing called the Raw Deal

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yo watch Hard Target that movie is ridic.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Instead of remaking Paul Verhoeven movies they should get him to make more Paul Verhoeven movies.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Arrow is a poo poo series for morons, girls, and gay men. Which is toiletlord?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

COHAGEN GIVE THESE PEOPLE AIHR

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oldpainless posted:

Stallone earned an Oscar. Suck a gently caress, bitch.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

No. 6 posted:

Arrow is a poo poo series for morons, girls, and gay men. Which is toiletlord?

i ignore the show and post here until the music changes and there is an action scene i haven't see any of the show that isn't just an action scene.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Always wanted to see the movie. Just finished watching it thanks to this thread. Pretty loving awesome, will watch again.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

TOILETLORD posted:

i got pissed whenever they used CG instead of 10 times the squibs required like a real movie should. Also no boobs. i give it a c+.

they used plenty of squibs and when they used cgi it was slow motion effort cgi not lazy generic blood splats cgi

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Mange Mite posted:

they used plenty of squibs and when they used cgi it was slow motion effort cgi not lazy generic blood splats cgi

all cg blood is lazy cg blood splats that are worse than squibs.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

get your rear end to the gas chamber

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they also just added yugioh i'm watching it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
holy gently caress op I was just gonna make a Total Recall thread then I saw this

are you psychic?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
so like did the events of total recall actually happen or was it just his recall experience? I never figured that one out/

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Harald posted:

so like did the events of total recall actually happen or was it just his recall experience? I never figured that one out/

ambiguous on purpose.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

TOILETLORD posted:

they also just added yugioh i'm watching it.

Every episode:

OH MAN MY TRAP CARD

BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shinjobi posted:

Stallone earned an Oscar. Suck a gently caress, bitch.

I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Harald posted:

probably a dream given how the whole scenario and even girl matches his desired fake dream at Rekall.

• Locked thread