Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ice Phisherman posted:

Would have had to illustrate the faces. A normal PC would have stripped off every piece of clothing right down to the indestructible ogre skin underwear and the copper wiring out of their houses, but drawing a dozen identical masks is easier than drawing a dozen different faces.
Maybe he should be able to observe the equipment even if it's equipped :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nahxela posted:

Maybe he should be able to observe the equipment even if it's equipped :colbert:

But then he'd want it. So far there has been (almost) no discarding of trash loot.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ice Phisherman posted:

But then he'd want it. So far there has been (almost) no discarding of trash loot.

He's got a possibly infinite capacity inventory. There's no reason for him to throw anything away, ever. No matter how gross it is, if it's magic someone will probably buy it from the abyss auction.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Love how he just shoves the whole pile into the inventory window.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The day he is able to disenchant the garbage he finds is the day he becomes the abyss world's #1 supply of magic cocaine

Rivers
Jan 19, 2007
When he asked Gnome to "Take all of them out" so nonchalantly, I was expecting a group execution via earth spear. Not sure if this was better or worse.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rivers posted:

When he asked Gnome to "Take all of them out" so nonchalantly, I was expecting a group execution via earth spear. Not sure if this was better or worse.

It would've been hilarious if she misinterpreted his orders and accidentally smashed them all.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I love that panel of Jee Han instantly trying to min-max and holding up that second staff.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz
I am disappoint. I'm never going to get my darling Noum turning things into a fine, bloody red mist all while having :haw: plastered on her face.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

http://mangacow.co/The-Gamer/63/2/ New Chapter out!

Jee han is getting pretty clever with his Earth magic. Wolf bro approves.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well I guess that confirms that having a regenerating MP bar automatically puts Jee Han way over the average mage.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I guess that confirms that having a regenerating MP bar automatically puts Jee Han way over the average mage.

Or just being able to throw out mana without real preparation or focus.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This chapter was wildly unrealistic. A true gamer would stop to test whether the bonuses from dual-wielding staves stack additively or multiplicatively.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sindai posted:

This chapter was wildly unrealistic. A true gamer would stop to test whether the bonuses from dual-wielding staves stack additively or multiplicatively.

If duel wielding > one wielding do it.
He has no (actual physical metal in your hand)shield mastery anyways.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sindai posted:

A true gamer would realize he has empty equipment slots and seek to quickly fill them with any available items that have stats.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
With all the talk of being a true gamer, I think the obvious true gamer outcome, is when the battle is over, he'll look to the witch and druid and be like "It was fun helping you, where's my loot bonus?"

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
I'm just waiting for to try and apply some crafting skills from dead rising and duct tape all his staves together for a super staff.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Revdomezehis posted:

With all the talk of being a true gamer, I think the obvious true gamer outcome, is when the battle is over, he'll look to the witch and druid and be like "It was fun helping you, where's my loot bonus?"

Actually it'll be

"CRAP I FORGOT TO ADD HIM TO MY PARTY."

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Jee Han isn't going to get any XP from this because he wasn't in the party when they started attacking the Golem. :smith:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Good chapter, we got some action, some information on the wolf dude, and a prophesy that will likely guide the remainder of the story.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

paragon1 posted:

Jee Han isn't going to get any XP from this because he wasn't in the party when they started attacking the Golem. :smith:

Loot is more important than XP anyway.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mad Rancher posted:

Loot is more important than XP anyway.

Yeah, but those two are getting first crack at the epics.

You just know that witch is rolling need on something Jee Han wants.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Davinci posted:

Good chapter, we got some action, some information on the wolf dude, and a prophesy that will likely guide the remainder of the story.

Prophesy? Wasn't that just part of the spell the wolf dude said?

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Was it? Did I seriously completely misinterpret that whole scene?

It sounded like a prophesy to me though, he goes on about how amazing Jee-Han its and then starts talking about the pitch black birds from beyond this realm and how they're gonna come back and be fought back by a powerful individual. It seemed to me like he was speculating on whether Jee-Han was the dude from the prophesy.

Davinci fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 14, 2014

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I thought it was just the normal spell chant with ominous wording that people use.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Irisize posted:

I thought it was just the normal spell chant with ominous wording that people use.

Yeah, that's what I got too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
A druid starts talking about nature and then turns into a tree. How is that in any way a prophecy?

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Huh... The Gaming stuff comes from him. No one but him gets any XP or gain any loot if he doesn't invite them in the party.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

A druid starts talking about nature and then turns into a tree. How is that in any way a prophecy?

It's a prophecy that he will turn into a tree. Thus he turns into a tree. Prophecy fulfilled.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's possible that prophecy has power through mere invoking. That sounds like a pretty cool concept to me, and we really don't know how most people's magic works beyond "it's energy and poo poo using wizard math".

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
New Chapter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And without warning, we've been suckered into reading a battle harem manwha

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Captain Invictus posted:

And without warning, we've been suckered into reading a battle harem manwha

This is exactly what I was thinking as I finished this chapter. Son of a bitch.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I do like that the the main character's reaction was the same as mine.

What.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

...What.
Please no Battle Harem. No.

But Elemental compatibility?
Jee Han will be all up in that poo poo.

Also she totally just spirit bombed the golem.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think this will be Jee-han's cue to give that Life Drain spell a shot, not that he really gets damaged to begin with.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

...What.
Please no Battle Harem. No.

But Elemental compatibility?
Jee Han will be all up in that poo poo.

Also she totally just spirit bombed the golem.

Well, she's a vamp that vamps, so it makes sense. :v:

Anyway, I strongly suspect that kiss was a covert way of casting some sort of spell on Jee-Han, maybe some sort of surveillance spell so she can better keep track of him.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah considering she just talked about life-stealing magic, I'd be amazed if that wasn't some kind of spell or something with an ulterior motive. Beyond just messing with the kid, because picking on people is always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
"You feel an ominous presence."