Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

The sequel came out yesterday, so expect a deluge of art of aaaaaaall the new robots people wanna gently caress.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You heard me. There are loving six new robots in Freddy 2.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

Excuse me, but one of them is a puppet, not a robot. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

People are still gonna draw it with tits.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

More like "what the gently caress are you babbling about", but I got it through context now.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

You mean six new loving robots

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTje8p7DTs

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Ahahaha, the layers.

For those who don't know, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth has a secret character called "The Lost" unlocked by killing yourself in specific ways.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't even know what cartoon that's supposed to be. Is it something I've never watched or is he actually doing a story with original characters?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't even know what cartoon that's supposed to be. Is it something I've never watched or is he actually doing a story with original characters?

Hooks is from the Police Academy movies, and was exposed to TMNT mutagen and thus turned into a dog-woman. I don't know where the robot is from, though.

e: googling reveals the robot cop was in an episode of the 1980s TMNT cartoon.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This guy makes my favorite content in all of Deviantart. It's weirdly cohesive, enjoyable, and undeniably weird and hosed up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Liar Lyre posted:

This guy makes my favorite content in all of Deviantart. It's weirdly cohesive, enjoyable, and undeniably weird and hosed up.

There's an odd sort of talent to it, as well. I don't think anything is traced, but you can tell he learned everything he knows about anatomy from drawing a ton of cartoons. God, I never realized how flat those old DIC cartoons looked.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Liar Lyre posted:

Seconding this. I especially love how he is able to effectively pull off the voices beind say Sam & Max or the Ace Ventura cartoon.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

There's an odd sort of talent to it, as well. I don't think anything is traced, but you can tell he learned everything he knows about anatomy from drawing a ton of cartoons. God, I never realized how flat those old DIC cartoons looked.

Yeah, I wonder if he's a great artist making bad art, or a bad artist doing pretty good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I suppose this should classify as fanart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Uurhc3X-Q

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

How did none of you come up with "Hip-Hoptimus Prime"?
I'm disappointed, goons.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

Dooky Dingo posted:

How did none of you come up with "Hip-Hoptimus Prime"?
I'm disappointed, goons.

Maybe we are better than that :c00lbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It says Rhyme on his left knuckle, too.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

It says Rhyme on his left knuckle, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI
Who is a Nerdcore rapper

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
JoJo Falls

Pokemon ORAS

How to raise children

Five Bizarre Nights at Freddy's

quote:

Five Nights at Freddy’s Part 2 - Flashlight Tendency

Investigating the mysteries surrounding Freddy Fazbear’s, stand user Mike Schmidt utilizes a friend’s stand to go back in time, once in the past he teams up with fellow stand user Jeremy Fitzgerald in order to try to prevent whatever tragedy would haunt the Fazbear security guard bloodline.

Stand User: Mike Schmidt

Stand Name: The Doors

Ability: The Doors can appear from any surface within 20 meters of its user, and at least one meter above him. Upon appearing the Doors fills up a flat space equal to the empty area that it occupies. The Doors is completely indestructible and impassible once active.

Stand User: Jeremy Fitzgerald

Stand Name: Wasted Sunset

Ability: Wasted Sunset can redirect light from any source to anything else. Examples of this include redirecting a lightbulb’s light, hiding in darkness, or concentrating the light into a small spot so that once found it acts similarly to a flashbang grenade.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love this. Everything about it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

EDIT: Better suited for another thread, actually.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Context for those who don't get it, subtitles with the closed caption button:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwE4wyz00o

Russian Winnie the Pooh is the best.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:mrapig:

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I refuse. Piglet is not allowed to be that. Anything but that.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The text just lists actor names. But they're all unimportant, because Piccolo is The loving Rock.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

As we briefly dipped into Soviet animation territory, meet Cheburashka:

it's a character from children's books, and more famously, a short series of stop-motion cartoons (the first one being made in 1969). It was very popular in Soviet Bloc countries, and still many Russians are fond of little fella. Cheburashka is an animal "unknown to science", who used to live in tropical forest, until it got into shipping crate full of oranges, destined to go into groceries store in Moscow).

Of course there's some fanart of him!

There's your run-of-the-mill cutesy...

(it's Gena the crocodile, another character from cartoon, who plays the accordion and works at ZOO, as the crocodile of course)

...and some mildly wtf-esque stuff...

(yes, it's Harry Potter. No, there's no context)

and pure horror...

and this.

Are you a spy, bitch?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder how many people realize that every playable character in BoI is the same person

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Not that guy, I can say for sure.

We need more engrish.

Edit: wait, how does that work for azazel, one of the new guys in the remake?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wonder how many people realize that every playable character in BoI is the same person

Really? I didn't know that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

That probably makes it better for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Really? I didn't know that.

It's never explicitly said, but in one of the little vignettes that appear between one level and the next we see Isaac receiving a wig for a present, and being laughed at for wearing it. Those that have an interest in Isaac lore took this and the fact that the only difference between the playable characters are their hair and accessories and came to the conclusion that all characters are Isaac playing pretend.

I guess this theory has kind of lost credibility with the advent of Rebirth and Azazel, but if you can accept that a child's tears can kill vaginal worms I doubt that's what's going to make your suspension of disbelief snap.

• Locked thread