Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

No one like that has appeared here though
like 5 posts up dummy

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Fine. Were you expecting everyone to congratulate 343? Were you expecting anyone to take kindly to you talking about how awesome your company's game is when it's barely even playable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Texibus posted:

Yeah, it's definitely the PC Port and the issues that came along with that, whatever network code that Halo CE used is loving mystifying modern man on how to get that to the internet.

I talked to a guy that worked on the Halo PC port project way back in the day and he tried explaining to me how they got internet to work and I remember thinking that it sounded loving insane. Like a human centipede of functions within the code.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

like 5 posts up dummy

I think he was talking about this part:

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

So like how mentally ill do you have to be to have a no poo poo person working on a new popular new game visit the forums but instead of asking questions or trying to wheedle inside info out y'all project your petty little obsessions with xbox and a monolithic corporation on to him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The perfect end to my stream, ethanol showed me a thing or two.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

SpartanIV posted:

I talked to a guy that worked on the Halo PC port project way back in the day and he tried explaining to me how they got internet to work and I remember thinking that it sounded loving insane. Like a human centipede of functions within the code.

I don't maybe that's the part of the game they're working on and why they held back the Halo CE playlist a few weeks. I know in bravo's post from the 8th they said it was because of the online experience, maybe it's the hit registration.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Let's all just organize an xbox connect league..

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So did the patch fix anything in multiplayer? It fixed some of the bugs I was having in Halo 1. It did not fix the terminal unlocking in Halo 2 bug though, although maybe I need to go activate it again?

E: Hey, for the Halo 2 skulls do you still need to play on Legendary to get them? Because if so I guess I won't be getting them because gently caress that.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 15, 2014

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
You can do the LASO playlist co-op :)

BorekWielkopolski
Nov 13, 2014
I'm still torn as to whether I should buy into the Halo series. Is the story any good to justify the time and money that I'd invest into the franchise?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cap0bvious posted:

I'm still torn as to whether I should buy into the Halo series. Is the story any good to justify the time and money that I'd invest into the franchise?

As somebody who likes the story (up until halo 4, 4+ is poo poo), No.

BorekWielkopolski
Nov 13, 2014

Haquer posted:

As somebody who likes the story (up until halo 4, 4+ is poo poo), No.

I'll be honest, that was what I was thinking personally. I only really like a game if it has a really good story, which is why Mass Effect got me so hooked. I also don't really care that much for online shooters, so I think I can safely give this one a miss.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I think the Halo 1-3 arc is solid enough for an action video game, and it's not like the time or money investment is all that great if you already own a 360.

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

Halo is no interactive movie, I suggest you invest in a PS4 for your gay needs.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

muddream posted:

Halo is no interactive movie, I suggest you invest in a PS3 for your gay needs.

Jerking it to a teary eyed digital Ellen Page.

"we really are the last of us people that buy games for a story instead of watching a much better story in a movie."

Gaming Nirvana

BorekWielkopolski
Nov 13, 2014

muddream posted:

Halo is no interactive movie, I suggest you invest in a PS4 for your gay needs.

Very funny. Obviously I want more than an interactive movie from a game, but I like games with good story.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

MickRaider posted:

Dudes shut the gently caress up and just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uqqe-mKN6I

HOW DOES THAT NOT LOOK LIKE FUN?!

You guys are weird. I'm not even arguing anymore.

I'm gonna get halo 5 and enjoy the poo poo out of it, just like I enjoyed Halo 4, and just like I'll enjoy MCC once they fix the launch issues (Which I knew there was going to be because How could there not be with 4 games never intended to be run together are run together?)

I dunno, all the other multi game packages managed to release without putting bizarre bugs into the campaign of each one.

Also you should not accept broken games from anyone.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

Also you should not accept broken games from anyone.

Especially strangers

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crafty posted:

Jerking it to a teary eyed digital Ellen Page.

"we really are the last of us people that buy games for a story instead of watching a much better story in a movie."

Gaming Nirvana

Beyond: Two Souls was one of the best movies I've watched in the last year

(I also managed to get a disc copy for $10, so there's that)

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
Protip: If you want to avoid launch issues, don't buy games at launch.

The game industry will continue to launch buggy games if people keep pushing them gold before they're even released. It's pretty loving simple.

Also jesus christ you people are assholes. HEY ANIMATORS WHY IS YOUR NETWORKING SO BAD. because obviously they work on every part of the game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MickRaider posted:

The game industry will continue to launch buggy games if people keep pushing them gold before they're even released. It's pretty loving simple.

Also jesus christ you people are assholes. HEY ANIMATORS WHY IS YOUR NETWORKING SO BAD. because obviously they work on every part of the game

Lol you think people genuinely believe anim8 is in any position to do anything but shill for his lovely games

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MickRaider posted:

You are one hell of an apologist for a company that can't seem to release a functional game among plenty of other companies who have released functional games at launch (:ubisoft: and :dice: excluded). Why would you give a company a free pass for releasing something that doesn't work? That just says "Oh, I don't care if you release a game and it has a bunch of issues. Just fix them eventually, maybe!"

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Halo 5 beta looks like fun guys. I must have watched that crossfire match like 20 times by now.

Rumor that it's a forge map, and if that's true those ramps seem like they're pulled out of the ground. If we have push/pull support I'll pee my pants in excitement.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SpartanIV posted:

If they are using the PC netcode, part of the design spec was that it had to support 56k, which complicated things.

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

In Halo PC you had to lead targets by like 5 head widths if you were living next door to the server. Is hit detection still a clusterfuck in MCC (if you somehow manage to get a game)?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

MickRaider posted:

Halo 5 beta looks like fun guys. I must have watched that crossfire match like 20 times by now.

What the gently caress is wrong with you

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Can this thread go back to the people who don't bandwagon AAA game releases?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It will soon enough
Our game is new and broke let them have their day in the sun

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Man I haven't been this excited for a beta since Halo 3. Crackdown was probably a better game than MCC is thou

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MickRaider posted:

Can this thread go back to the people who don't bandwagon AAA game releases?

he said after he joined the bandwagon for hyping a game he is judging on a YouTube video of a multiplayer beta and getting upset at anyone who hints that they don't think it will be the most amazing game of all time

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Oh poo poo an even longer version of crossfire breakout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmPgWpJCDk

drat that's fast paced

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

MickRaider posted:

Oh poo poo an even longer version of crossfire breakout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmPgWpJCDk

drat that's fast paced

That really is not fact paced at all. It seems slower than advanced warfare let alone something actually quick like quake.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

he said after he joined the bandwagon for hyping a game he is judging on a YouTube video of a multiplayer beta and getting upset at anyone who hints that they don't think it will be the most amazing game of all time

dude likes halo, and you don't. halo is and always has been unpopular on the forums so you feel very comfortable posting about how much you don't like halo even though it has no real relevance to us, the people who are buying halo. Now I'm not saying this game is good in the matchmaking department because it's not, but I'm pretty sure all of your posts are worse and less relevant than his, at least he is posting cool videos about halo

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Stux posted:

That really is not fact paced at all. It seems slower than advanced warfare let alone something actually quick like quake.
No one will ever make a game like quake again. I wish they would but it just doesn't seem possible.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ethanol posted:

dude likes halo, and you don't. halo is and always has been unpopular on the forums so you feel very comfortable posting about how much you don't like halo even though it has no real relevance to us, the people who are buying halo. Now I'm not saying this game is good in the matchmaking department because it's not, but I'm pretty sure all of your posts are worse and less relevant than his, at least he is posting cool videos about halo

who said anything about not liking Halo? I had fun with them playing on the original Xbox, but I don't think they hold up that well today, and 343 seem to be generally incompetent at times, so it's fun to watch. sorry I didn't realise this was the hug box.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MickRaider posted:

No one will ever make a game like quake again. I wish they would but it just doesn't seem possible.

I heard that there was one being worked on

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I heard that there was one being worked on

Don't tease me with such a thing. I still hop on quake live every now and then and frag.

If there is you had better link it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

who said anything about not liking Halo? I had fun with them playing on the original Xbox, but I don't think they hold up that well today, and 343 seem to be generally incompetent at times, so it's fun to watch. sorry I didn't realise this was the hug box.

this is exactly the kind of general non specific crap that I find not relevant. you contribute nothing at all to my intellect with this speech. maybe if this was page one but we all get the loving point!

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

truth be told the worst part about halo 4 was that I couldn't make my avatar

http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/2105

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MickRaider posted:

Don't tease me with such a thing. I still hop on quake live every now and then and frag.

If there is you had better link it.

its like a "i half heard giant bomb say months ago that something was being made or kickstarted (lol) to replicate arena" type thing so i don't remember and may be very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Stux posted:

I dunno, all the other multi game packages managed to release without putting bizarre bugs into the campaign of each one.

Silent Hill disagrees.

• Locked thread