Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stux posted:

That really is not fact paced at all. It seems slower than advanced warfare let alone something actually quick like quake.
it looks like the same pace as halo 2. I honestly haven't played quake in years but halo was definitely always a lot slower I think

and what bugs are in the campaign? the campaign has been flawless for me so far, unlike the mp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

MickRaider posted:

Can this thread go back to the people who don't bandwagon AAA game releases?

who the hell else would be present in the official thread of a game that just came out

there is literally nothing else on-topic to talk about aside from MCC's hosed up state. I think we all know where the skulls are and poo poo, we've played these campaigns already

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

morallyobjected posted:

who said anything about not liking Halo? I had fun with them playing on the original Xbox, but I don't think they hold up that well today, and 343 seem to be generally incompetent at times, so it's fun to watch. sorry I didn't realise this was the hug box.

I loved Halo and even kept up with the books up until The Cole Protocol which I could never be bothered to finish. Compared to Bungie, 343's handling of the series has been a total joke. I admit, it is pretty funny how the only people that still like Halo are sounding more and more unhinged as it becomes increasingly difficult to defend the franchise or it's terrible custodians

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Was level 4. Won a 4v3 and now I'm level 1.

Is anyone else running into Ranking issues? Losing ranks like this guy, or perhaps gaining any even when performing horribly and losing?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

sulphix posted:

Is anyone else running into Ranking issues? Losing ranks like this guy, or perhaps gaining any even when performing horribly and losing?

I won 4 ranked matches in a row, I never went up a rank from 1.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

yeah I think there's even a context box somewhere that says ranking doesn't work yet

pretty shameful when the mp worked fine on the og xbox in 2004, but that at least gives me hope it will all be fixed

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

Doing my first playthrough of Halo 4. It looks better than most XBO/PS4 games and I'm not getting any weird slowdown like in CE:A. I have a feeling Halo 5 will be the best looking 60fps game for quite a while even if Cortana's fun bags don't return.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

this is my life now:negative:

ethanol fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 15, 2014

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
And I stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllll haven't foooooooound what Im looking foooooooorrrrrrrrrr.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So is anyone else having trouble with Halo 2 not saving their checkpoints in level? Sort of sucks having to redo the entire mission on Legendary :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

primelaw posted:

So is anyone else having trouble with Halo 2 not saving their checkpoints in level? Sort of sucks having to redo the entire mission on Legendary :(

Yeah a ton of people are reporting this.

Are you doing campaign or playlists? I had it save my progress on campaign but on playlist it just booted me back to start of level.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah a ton of people are reporting this.

Are you doing campaign or playlists? I had it save my progress on campaign but on playlist it just booted me back to start of level.

I'm just doing regular campaign as of the moment. My checkpoints worked fine on Cairo Station but stopped working on every level after that.

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

primelaw posted:

lol good luck not getting hit by single jackal sniper...loving hell 343

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

I cheesed Outskirts by going outside the map boundaries to skip sniper alley after it reset me once :v:

Too bad there's still jackal snipers everywhere else!

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Here's me falling through the floor in Damnation in CE and getting meleed by Calvin Johnson Jr. aka the patron saint of CE ;) http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274833316154&gamertag=Faaart%20XCUSE%20ME&vid=ee969ea6-2afe-4435-8209-75ad7d174419

Edit: oh, actually I kill myself with my own frag grenade. Ha.

Napolean Bonerfarts fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 15, 2014

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

and what bugs are in the campaign? the campaign has been flawless for me so far, unlike the mp

There were bugs with the in-game timer/leaderboard functionality and some chieves weren't unlocking. The timer and chieves seem fixed now, but the LBs for campaign playlists still have piles of glitched entries (0:00 times and impossibly fast times).

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
Many patches needed.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
"Still have the xbox? If so I have a .22 rifle worth 225 - 250 and I will add in 100 bucks cash. If your interested let me know."

lmao gonna trade my xbox for a real gun gently caress this poo poo. Seriously, I have no faith in this ever being fixed after seeing how much of a joke Halo 4 was even at the end. They'd have to completely redo the H:CE netcode and they've shown how fundamentally incompetent they are. One loving person, for free, programmed XBC to trick the LAN connection into playing online and now I'm seeing a team of people completely poo poo themselves programming the main AAA title for microsoft. One guy, without even touching the game code, made a more playable online version of this game. :iiam:

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 15, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i just want to play some halos :(

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

This is probably an old bug but there's a point in The Library where there's a little hallway that has a health kit in it, and if you have the anniversary graphics on it paints a wall over the entrance. You can see it with original graphics but it's a flat wall witg the new stuff enabled. You can still walk into it, and with tge new graphics on it looks like you clip straight through the wall and find a health kit (and elite corpse) floating in midair. You can see the rest of the level through the invisible sides of the walls and everything. Of course, switching back to old graphics reveals you're just in a regular hallway and not out of the map at all.

What the hell?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

MickRaider posted:

Oh poo poo an even longer version of crossfire breakout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bmPgWpJCDk

drat that's fast paced

Sorry this looks dumb. I can't wait to get matched up with idiots, go down 3-0, be forced to play through more rounds of a game we can't possibly win, then sit at a black screen for minutes on end after the match because Halo.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Kobayashi posted:

Sorry this looks dumb. I can't wait to get matched up with idiots, go down 3-0, be forced to play through more rounds of a game we can't possibly win, then sit at a black screen for minutes on end after the match because Halo.

obviously you are not cut out for the ranks of xbox live

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
hey do you guys remember when halo was halo and not some stupid loving caricature of itself?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like the deactivated holodeck aesthetic. I'm sure its an artistic decision and not a way to get the game to run smoother on the underpowered Xbox One.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

hey do you guys remember when halo was halo and not some stupid loving caricature of itself?

Yeah Reach was great and they didn't include it in the MCC because it would have hurt 343's feelings.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

"Still have the xbox? If so I have a .22 rifle worth 225 - 250 and I will add in 100 bucks cash. If your interested let me know."

lmao gonna trade my xbox for a real gun gently caress this poo poo. Seriously, I have no faith in this ever being fixed after seeing how much of a joke Halo 4 was even at the end. They'd have to completely redo the H:CE netcode and they've shown how fundamentally incompetent they are. One loving person, for free, programmed XBC to trick the LAN connection into playing online and now I'm seeing a team of people completely poo poo themselves programming the main AAA title for microsoft. One guy, without even touching the game code, made a more playable online version of this game. :iiam:

You'll be back. You always come back.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
Get a real caliber.

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Animate me some fixed match making.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

You'll be back. You always come back.

Already sold, homeboy. Selling my set for $400 and taking a $100 hit. Halo is dead, peace dudes. There is literally no way CE is getting fixed and if you think otherwise you're delusional.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

-A n i m 8- posted:

Get a real caliber.

Work for a company that can produce a product superior to what one guy did for free with XBC. It's seriously amazing to see how much 343 doesn't give a gently caress. I'm honestly surprised this game even released. There are so many bugs I don't even know where to start. They even hosed up split screening in CE somehow.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 15, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lol doesn't even wait for the game to be patched. I just friended you too :blush:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

people please don't buy an xbone just for halo right now

I have been getting into some good matches today though

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

ethanol posted:

lol doesn't even wait for the game to be patched. I just friended you too :blush:

lmao if you think they're going to completely rewrite the netcode when they wouldn't even fix minor bugs in Halo 4...

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

lmao if you think they're going to completely rewrite the netcode when they wouldn't even fix minor bugs in Halo 4...

im not sure it has to be completely rewritten i guess, seems as salvageable as many other games that had launch issues

ethanol fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 15, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

people please don't buy an xbone just for halo right now

This so hard.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

ethanol posted:

im not sure it has to be completely rewritten i guess

When literally 20-25 of the former best players in the country can't get anything remotely resembling consistency then you're going to need a crazy overhaul. These are guys that do not miss on LAN and have freakish reaction times. The lead is different for each player, we're hitting people by shooting behind them in some cases, split screen doesn't display right, they changed the bullet velocity so host is leading less and everyone else is just doing guesswork, people are falling through walls/floors, shields aren't flashing when people are having bullets bounce off of them, you can light up a camo guy and do zero damage/still get zero aim assist, etc.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

When literally 20-25 of the former best players in the country can't get anything remotely resembling consistency then you're going to need a crazy overhaul. These are guys that do not miss on LAN and have freakish reaction times. The lead is different for each player, we're hitting people by shooting behind them in some cases, split screen doesn't display right, they changed the bullet velocity so host is leading less and everyone else is just doing guesswork, people are falling through walls/floors, shields aren't flashing when people are having bullets bounce off of them, you can light up a camo guy and do zero damage/still get zero aim assist, etc.

Once I'm in game playing i don't see any of this and it just feels like halo 2, in which I also had a few laggy games once in a while. Is this on video or something of these 'former best players' because my problems have largely been matchmaking issues.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

ethanol posted:

people please don't buy an xbone

Can we get the thread title changed to this?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

ethanol posted:

Once I'm in game playing i don't see any of this and it just feels like halo 2, in which I also had a few laggy games once in a while. Is this on video or something of these 'former best players' because my problems have largely been matchmaking issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6eZF7518-w

Do your average games usually look like this? This is just from the Illinois LANs and nothing in that vid is anything you wouldn't see at an average gathering of people who got paid 6 figures a year to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgj2YtOfff0

^I'm bottom screen if you want to compare the experience I'm expecting versus what I paid for. Just look at our average shot count. I've been shooting people in a straight line and not popped their shields. And yeah, I go 40-4 in public servers but that doesn't change the fact the game is literally unplayable at a high level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Work for a company that can produce a product superior to what one guy did for free with XBC. It's seriously amazing to see how much 343 doesn't give a gently caress. I'm honestly surprised this game even released. There are so many bugs I don't even know where to start. They even hosed up split screening in CE somehow.

Ok, so what is the top FPS company currently? Srs question.

• Locked thread