Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
When you roll up some gysahl and have a good time :wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
'Floaty' means that when Sora jumps it takes him like 3 times as long to come down as it takes for him to go up.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Speaking of, if you glide while standing still, when Sora comes down he will continue to float. However, if you move forward, you have to stay moved forward until something stops you, typically yourself lifting your finger off the button.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

What's the best low level Blitzball team? I just wanna get Wakka's ODs and maybe his Sigil if I'm not sick of Blitzball by that point.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

What's the best low level Blitzball team? I just wanna get Wakka's ODs and maybe his Sigil if I'm not sick of Blitzball by that point.

In the original it was the Luca Goers, I have no idea about the HD version.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Krad posted:

Kingdom Hearts is the least worst final fantasy in the series.

Most wrong opinion in thread for worst RPG's detected.

Bahamut is the top summon, all others be suckers. He let Alexander have that win to give him false confidence. Read that and other very interesting things I wrote in my Final Fantasy fanfic, which includes cameos from none other than Michael Jordan, the Harlem Globetrotters, and the cast of Gilligan's Island in an adventure to free the rinds and separate the dark milk from the coconuts that The Professor experimented on. This and more in Island Coconuts: 21/3 Hour Tour.

Edit: Spoiler alert: Sephiroth fucks up their chance to get off the island by killing the Skipper.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 18, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
So I finished X. If what I enjoyed was the weapon customization, progression customization and the ability to be op as heck, and lots of side quests, what's the best FF to go to next? I started X-2, but I'm a little burnt out on the locale, especially since I haven't had 3 years in between games.

And not 8, since I played that a few months ago. Or 6 I guess since I know that game by heart.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
XII is good if you just want lots of exploration and side quests.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

XII is good if you just want lots of exploration and side quests.

On the other hand, the progression system (among other things) is kinda lovely if you don't have access to the IZJS version of the game.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

How is the IZJS english patch coming along? From what I could tell by just doing a quick glance it seems like it has still got a ways to go.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

isn't it done?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Cake Attack posted:

isn't it done?

so looking a bit more at the page I found for it, it's at v.22, but the bug list shows only a handful. So I'm not really sure what to think since .22 is way further away from 1 than say .89 and if it was done it'd be at 1 or at least something like .99.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
My patched IZJS copy is complete except for some untranslated kanji in Trial Mode. The dude who did a IZJS LP has a more recent one which looks like it's basically finished.

And yeah, get IZJS if only for the damage limit removal and Trial Mode. It does a few dumb things in my opinion but it's all pretty minor. Next to the effects queue bullshit, the damage limit is the worst issue with FF12 imo, and I'm glad they saw fit to remove it.

Leper Residue posted:

the ability to be op as heck

Breaking the power curve is the very essence of FF12. You can get a good deal of endgame equipment by Jahara. You'll get a kick out of it.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I thoroughly recommend FFXII if you enjoy:
-great voice-acting
-great localization
-large environments
-No random battles

For me, the loss of the "battle dimension" thing was one reason I loved XII to pieces. It felt great to just wander the world, see enemies acting just like animals should, and whatever.

I liked the OST as well but less people on here would agree with that then my recommendation of the dub/localization.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I've actually beaten XII about 3 times. When it came out I was unemployed (but was getting awesome unemployment) and had no internet for a few months, so I just sat around playing games and drinking beer all day. I beat Disgaea 2, and Dragon Warrior 8 and played XII before and in between each. I have like zero interest in it unless it's that IZJS version.

Edit: I had kind of forgotten about xii until everyone started mentioning it and then I looked at the screenshots and it all came flooding back to me. Still if I can get a copy of IZJS then yeah, awesome.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 18, 2014

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Leper Residue posted:

So I finished X. If what I enjoyed was the weapon customization, progression customization and the ability to be op as heck, and lots of side quests, what's the best FF to go to next? I started X-2, but I'm a little burnt out on the locale, especially since I haven't had 3 years in between games.

And not 8, since I played that a few months ago. Or 6 I guess since I know that game by heart.

I think you would like XII quite a bit, though it doesn't have the weapon customization and instead opts for a kind of obtuse crafting system.

edit: please disregard my recommendation. Play IX instead

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

bloodychill posted:

Most wrong opinion in thread for worst RPG's detected.

Bahamut is the top summon, all others be suckers. He let Alexander have that win to give him false confidence. Read that and other very interesting things I wrote in my Final Fantasy fanfic, which includes cameos from none other than Michael Jordan, the Harlem Globetrotters, and the cast of Gilligan's Island in an adventure to free the rinds and separate the dark milk from the coconuts that The Professor experimented on. This and more in Island Coconuts: 21/3 Hour Tour.

Edit: Spoiler alert: Sephiroth fucks up their chance to get off the island by killing the Skipper.

Make the Michael Jordon thing more of a Space Jam thing and I would read it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEOJu0vZ05Q
So did everyone see that someone completely recreated FF7 in the new Little Big Planet?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Scrap Dragon posted:

Scrap Dragon posted:

if I'm not sick of Blitzball by that point.

Scrap Dragon posted:

sick of Blitzball

What?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Firstborn posted:

So did everyone see that someone completely recreated FF7 in the new Little Big Planet?

This guy is fantastic for doing that, but LBP is also fantastic for having the tools to do that.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
After spending several hours in the Apple Shop in town waiting for my gf's Mac to get fixed I was wondering around looking at the iPhones and the like and man, does FFIII look good on the newest one, he screen was so crisp. It's a shame that it was III they had on their demo models and not IV (is IV out for iOS?), but poo poo man, really making me consider buying an iPhone to play FF on the go with out having to carry round my DS. Please dissuade me. :gonk:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I still want a stand-alone Blitzball Manager game. Give it to me, Square-Enix. :arghfist::(

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Facepalm Ranger posted:

After spending several hours in the Apple Shop in town waiting for my gf's Mac to get fixed I was wondering around looking at the iPhones and the like and man, does FFIII look good on the newest one, he screen was so crisp. It's a shame that it was III they had on their demo models and not IV (is IV out for iOS?), but poo poo man, really making me consider buying an iPhone to play FF on the go with out having to carry round my DS. Please dissuade me. :gonk:

III is based on the DS version and therefore the bad version. Unless you want fights that end in the first turn because the game decides to say "gently caress You."

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kyrosiris posted:

I still want a stand-alone Blitzball Manager game. Give it to me, Square-Enix. :arghfist::(

Would make a fantastic freemium iOS game. Well, not fantastic for the players of the game. But the creators of the game will be rich!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Firstborn posted:

Finally, the PS3 remake we've been waiting for.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

That's pretty much what X-2 was.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

morallyobjected posted:

That's pretty much what X-2 was.

Nah, X-2 had a whole other game surrounding it (which was good). I want annual Blitzball Manager 20XX games, just like Football Manager 20XX on Steam.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Guys, I'm playing LR and its fun and all, but I'm having trouble with something. Now, I'm not a big fan of anime and don't really understand Japanese culture. I had no idea FF was even a Japanese franchise when I was a kid until I played FF7 and realized it was Japanese like DBZ. Anyways, my question is this:

What in the gently caress is Chocolina? Like seriously, what the gently caress is she? I mean, I know in the FF universe what a Chocobo is and I know what a human is. Did a human gently caress a Chocobo and give birth to this abomination. Even evolutionary speaking, what is she? Why does she have wings for hands? She doesn't use them as wings. How does she pick things up? How does she eat? Does she peck at food like a bird? How the gently caress did she put on that slutty outfit she's wearing?

And worst of all.....WHO THE gently caress CASTED HER GODAWFUL VOICE ACTRESS?!?!?!

I swear I had an aneurysm watching Lightning (dressed as a whore)talk to this woman bird abomination (also dressed like a whore) and then having her end the conversation with "Choco boco" or something like that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TommyGun85 posted:

What in the gently caress is Chocolina? Like seriously, what the gently caress is she? I mean, I know in the FF universe what a Chocobo is and I know what a human is. Did a human gently caress a Chocobo and give birth to this abomination. Even evolutionary speaking, what is she? Why does she have wings for hands? She doesn't use them as wings. How does she pick things up? How does she eat? Does she peck at food like a bird? How the gently caress did she put on that slutty outfit she's wearing?

And worst of all.....WHO THE gently caress CASTED HER GODAWFUL VOICE ACTRESS?!?!?!

I swear I had an aneurysm watching Lightning (dressed as a whore)talk to this woman bird abomination (also dressed like a whore) and then having her end the conversation with "Choco boco" or something like that.

Yes.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

japanese culture - anime and DBZ

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

japanese culture - anime and DBZ

sorry, japanese pop culture?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TommyGun85 posted:

No, classical Noh theater was packed with shirtless dudes screaming for hours too. The Tale of the Genji is basically a few hundred pages of muscular men flexing and boasting about how this isn't even their ultimate power level, which is why many readers are disappointed when they go in expecting 47 Ronin or Brave Story.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TommyGun85 posted:

watching Lightning (dressed as a whore)talk to this woman bird abomination (also dressed like a whore)

You know, these posts and all the weird fear you have over playing X-2 really does not speak well of your character.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

TommyGun85 posted:

Guys, I'm playing LR and its fun and all, but I'm having trouble with something. Now, I'm not a big fan of anime and don't really understand Japanese culture. I had no idea FF was even a Japanese franchise when I was a kid until I played FF7 and realized it was Japanese like DBZ. Anyways, my question is this:

Video games

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You know, these posts and all the weird fear you have over playing X-2 really does not speak well of your character.

lmao

e: wait with LR can't you just dress up Lightning as conservatively or as whoreish as you want.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Srice posted:

lmao

e: wait with LR can't you just dress up Lightning as conservatively or as whoreish as you want.

Yeah, in fact, one of the DLCs is Yuna's outfit from FFX and another for her from X-2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Final Fantasy Megathread: Maduin-Whore Complex

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

please do not pretend to know anything about japan based on playing Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Final Fantasy Megathread: Maduin-Whore Complex

cmon endorph Madeline was literally called Madonna in the original. Missed opportunity.