Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dkj
Feb 18, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

the brits left it behind when we kicked them out

Hm always pegged you as an England fan. Shocking reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

irlZaphod posted:

the brits left it behind when we kicked them out

indoor plumbing as well?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
ireland is cool and good there are a lot of 24 year old polish women in dublin, me likey

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Im glad you had a nice time watching Jozy, Zaph

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

dkj posted:

Hm always pegged you as an England fan. Shocking reveal.

He literally lives in Ireland mate, the real shock is that he isn't a United fan.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

dkj posted:

Hm always pegged you as an England fan.

No-one cares about your dress up games

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

He literally lives in Ireland mate, the real shock is that he isn't a United fan.

I got that. Still, quite shocking.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blue Star Error posted:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

lol

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I know 'mon' means 'man' but I don't think 'och' means anything.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Blue Star Error posted:

lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

yes

Psybro posted:

I know 'mon' means 'man' but I don't think 'och' means anything.

yes

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
A huge step for Cristiano Ronaldo on his way to another Ballon d'Or by taking part in a huge and deserving win for Portugal against his rival Failonel lovely's Argentina.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
-_- the motherfucker

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
so uh

anybody watching canada-panama or...

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Chile 1-1 Uruguay at ht. Uruguay looking really bad and I don't mean in the usual way

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Cavani is a loving turd of a player.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I'm finally home from Celtic Park (shoutouts to Scotrail). That match was a pile of loving pish and a waste of my time/money but at least it was only a friendly. It undermines the big weakness of this Scotland team though, just not physical and strong enough. Rooney's goals were perfect examples of that, as well as Germany's first goal and the match in general vs Georgia where we were lucky to get the 3 points. Our defenders are getting outmuscled a lot and it's especially apparent on the set pieces. We massively missed Scott Brown in the second half but he's just one player at the end of the day.

While I do appreciate the brand of posession football Strachan has us playing, I don't know if the players are mentally up to it. We kept the ball absolutely perfectly vs Georgia and Ireland, but as soon as England got a goal our game went to poo poo and the touches and passes got worse and worse as time went on. I nearly got up and walked out of the stadium sometime around 80' after seeing our team pressed all the way from the halfway line to our own penalty box and then seeing the ball desperately sliced into touch. The belief and self-confidence had completely gone, and it boggles my mind considering this is the same team that went behind to both Germany and Poland and still managed to play sensible football and draw level both times.

There were individual errors, for sure. Anya had a hopeless time against Clyne, which surprised me since Anya has made fools of much better fullbacks than Clyne so far this year. Naismith was absolute dogshit and I have no idea what justified leaving him on the pitch for the full 90. It's fine playing with your back to goal but you have to be prepared to actually turn around and have a go sometimes rather than pass back to your defence, especially when 2-0 down at home. Christ. Would really like to see Stevie May play up front with Steven Fletcher instead but I don't think Strachan rates him.

Putting my neutral hat on for a bit, probably a v. good result for England. I watched them play Slovenia and they were absolute dogshit, it doesn't surprise me that Wembley is half-empty all the time these days. The England that showed up tonight actually looked strong as gently caress, they were constantly searching for the pass to split us open and pushing forward whenever possible. They pressed extremely hard and forced errors out of an admittedly nervous and mid-meltdown team, and they went really strong in the tackle and looked dedicated and actually...interested. Bit funny that they had to come up north to actually get a stadium with some atmosphere in it, but that's just more evidence for the argument that we need to play British Derbies more often I guess. Rooney is untouchable in an England kit atm, they badly need to play some more Big Friendlies to keep this momentum going and keep their own fans interested during this qualifying campaign.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Just watched the Italy-Croatia game. I really didn't expect that. Italy unable to cross the half line most of the match. At San Siro. Against Croatia without Modric. What does the Italian press say?

Also, you could always count on Italian players at least to look good, but now that's gone too with El Shaarawy's retard hairdo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Doctor Malaver posted:

Just watched the Italy-Croatia game. I really didn't expect that. Italy unable to cross the half line most of the match. At San Siro. Against Croatia without Modric. What does the Italian press say?

Also, you could always count on Italian players at least to look good, but now that's gone too with El Shaarawy's retard hairdo.

No playmaker (Pirlo, Verrattia and Montolivo all injured) means a midfield with no ideas. Conte is still getting everyone to play a good 3-5-2 and it's obvious not everyone is good at it.

Mostly we were poo poo though. Not too many excuses other than that.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao argentina is/are some fail

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

Saido should have played imo *takes off albion glasses*

He was caught huffing paint in the car park again.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dunban posted:

The official Euro 2016 mascot:

:iamafag:

should have brought back Footix imo

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
There has never been a better mascot than footix.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Starsnostars posted:

There has never been a better mascot than footix.

Weren't the mexico mascots pretty racist looking?

edit Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_mascot

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

mods please rename someone "World Cup Willie", tia

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Another proof that Italia 90 was the best World Cup.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Zakumi sassy

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Drogadon posted:

mods please rename someone "World Cup Willie", tia

lol both of mexico's are like racist as gently caress

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Polidoro posted:

Another proof that Italia 90 was the best World Cup.

'54, '74, '90, '14

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

dkj posted:

Explain how it is racist?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mexicans are not allowed to make of themselves

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I had a huge plush version of "Striker" as a kid. For years he stood in the corner of my room, just watching over me. WC 94 owned!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Mexicans are not allowed to make of themselves

Its not even racist ugh, what a prancing lib.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
drat, I didn't even think Wes Brown was alive in 1982.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Wengy posted:

I had a huge plush version of "Striker" as a kid. For years he stood in the corner of my room, just watching over me. WC 94 owned!

9 year old me had a lot of stuff with that filthy imperialist dog on it

dkj posted:

Don't those loving Mexicans know that wearing a sombrero and a moustache is racist as gently caress?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Polidoro posted:

9 year old me had a lot of stuff with that filthy imperialist dog on it

Don't those loving Mexicans know that wearing a sombrero and a moustache is racist as gently caress?

tbf that second one is a jalapeno, which is slightly cringe worthy yet also worth a chuckle

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

tbf that second one is a jalapeno, which is slightly cringe worthy yet also worth a chuckle

They are all terrible (except the Italy one) but none are racist (except probably the Asian ones).

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Polidoro posted:

They are all terrible (except the Italy one) but none are racist (except probably the Asian ones).

WC Willie is pretty legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

WC Willie looks like he gets poo poo done.

• Locked thread