Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zip
Mar 19, 2006

it's like my halloween and christmas were both curbstomped at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ActusRhesus posted:

I unironically like Captain Jack.

mostly because of DDR.

oh GOD I just remembered that Captain Jack was a thing in DDR

I dated a girl who was into it for a while and used to watch her and her friends play this poo poo at the mall arcade in between Third Strike matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kmh59m9PmQ

edit: play these both at the same time and it's pretty much the soundtrack for when i was 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssUf0XZFkY

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

oh GOD I just remembered that Captain Jack was a thing in DDR

I dated a girl who was into it for a while and used to watch her and her friends play this poo poo at the mall arcade in between Third Strike matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kmh59m9PmQ

edit: play these both at the same time and it's pretty much the soundtrack for when i was 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssUf0XZFkY

how many silk button down dragon shirts did you own?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

how many silk button down dragon shirts did you own?

I pretty much lived in my Smashing Pumpkins Zero t-shirt as long as it held together, after that it was random skateboarding poo poo like Birdhouse, World Industries, and Element poo poo.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

shim

Aaronovitch
dewey decimal system

more ideas for your fake-weird-druggie rants

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Everytime I close my eyes and think of SHim, I see Morbo the news monster from Futurama for some drat reason

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Everytime I close my eyes and think of SHim, I see Morbo the news monster from Futurama for some drat reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd0cMzRhxJQ

There you go.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Bolow posted:

So MOSI in Tampa is showing Interstellar 3 times a day on an IMAX dome :getin:

Meanwhile, I have a 60 mile drive to the only theater in my region that shows it in english and not typewriter-eating-tinfoil-falling-down-the-stairs synchronisation and boy howdy, get a load of the sheer size of this place.

And only 34 bucks for tickets for me and the missus (not counting gas money), A STEAL, I TELL YA!

iyaayas01 posted:

Also in Sunshine, which may have some faults depending on your point of view but is entertaining and pretty well made, also his performance is very good.

I guess it could have done without that Pinbacker guy going full slasher mode angle, but acting/visuals/music were loving beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR69EKvcW-4

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 19, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fun fact: the suit were designed to be claustrophobic and you had to be lying down to finish having it put on you. The director would have somebody keep a foot on the actor to keep them from standing up without telling them to get them into character.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Having an Indian coworker during a holiday potluck is awesome. Dude made some baller Hyderabadi biryani. Another dude made some middle eastern pastries.

gently caress turkey, that shits gross.

Also I just realized I have five remaining potlucks on my calendar :wtc:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Just got tickets to see trailer park boys live in New Orleans. Shits gonna be awesome

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm anti-potluck. Don't trust food made by strangers.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm not the biggest fan but free food is free food.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turned in my math final to my gorgeous Turkish math professor. She didn't even give me a hug or her number.

Gonna write an email to her subject line: Do you not want this body?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I'm not the biggest fan but free food is free food.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

How was ur military experience

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Turned in my math final to my gorgeous Turkish math professor. She didn't even give me a hug or her number.

Gonna write an email to her subject line: Do you not want this body?

You're not learning real math unless your teacher is from the eastern bloc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SPACE HOMOS posted:

You're not learning real math unless your teacher is from the eastern bloc

That seems to be the case. Most every professor is like Slavic or German.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

welp, VA lost my application. Thankfully I had a copy and I had to fax it in like it's 1995 since I don't feel like driving an hour just for that and I can't email it

And so begins the trend, I guess. :smithicide:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Christoff posted:

welp, VA lost my application. Thankfully I had a copy and I had to fax it in like it's 1995 since I don't feel like driving an hour just for that and I can't email it

And so begins the trend, I guess. :smithicide:

The VA manages to concentrate the frustration and anger of being active duty into your short visits there. It's really quite remarkable how unpleasant dealing with them is considering their entire purpose for existing is to be helpful.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The best part about having a big kid job is never having to use the VA ever again. At least not until they decide to say I'm not disabled anymore.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
jesus gently caress man, get a VSO rep.

Five words.

Chicken. Bacon. Ranch. Pasta. Salad.

Collect blue ribbon at potluck from fatties.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Going to a potluck on Saturday, roommate and I are bringing this:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
pork butt

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
:magical: The Newsroom :magical:

Ninja Edit: Thanks to the retarded amount of snow Lake Erie is making GBS threads on Fort Drum I'm at Season 1 Episode 9 after yesterday and today. Olivia Munn has managed to give me simultaneous intellectual and the more normal variety of boners.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

:magical: The Newsroom :magical:

Ninja Edit: Thanks to the retarded amount of snow Lake Erie is making GBS threads on Fort Drum I'm at Season 1 Episode 9 after yesterday and today. Olivia Munn has managed to give me simultaneous intellectual and the more normal variety of boners.

i thought the newsroom was pretty lovely but i only watched like the first 4 episodes before i gave up all shits and stopped watching

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Olvia Munn is the bees knees.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i thought the newsroom was pretty lovely but i only watched like the first 4 episodes before i gave up all shits and stopped watching

Me too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The VA manages to concentrate the frustration and anger of being active duty into your short visits there. It's really quite remarkable how unpleasant dealing with them is considering their entire purpose for existing is to be helpful.

Vasudus posted:

The best part about having a big kid job is never having to use the VA ever again.

This is why I haven't made a third attempt to get a VA ID card.

Edit: Holy poo poo that pork butt

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I really wanted to like it since I love west wing, and it had jeff daniels and loving sam waterston and olivia munn but i just had to fuckin tap out

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I usually smoke my pork butt, poo poo makes for great loving pork sandwiches. Some bbq sauce, a bit of horseradish

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Anyone always feel hosed but not feel like its the fault of combat/military?

Cause I've been through enough poo poo to warrant being a drunk PTSD gently caress, but its never bothered me, I still just feel all loving anxious about the same old poo poo as forever.

edit:smoked pork butt is the way to go

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Jarmak posted:

Anyone always feel hosed but not feel like its the fault of combat/military?

Cause I've been through enough poo poo to warrant being a drunk PTSD gently caress, but its never bothered me, I still just feel all loving anxious about the same old poo poo as forever.

I'm starting to think it's a normal condition myself.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
all the god drat time, gently caress.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive gotten to the point where i just dont drink unless im with a bunch of friends and we're doing it to celebrate

i had a bad night about a year after i got back and got blackout drunk at the bar and came to my senses hours later walking in a forest somewhere at like 3 am, so yeah I figured that it was my one time to gently caress up royally like that and not end up driving drunk or whatever

but yeah anxiety is fun as hell. i realized that if I wasn't married with kids and poo poo that i'd probably be an agoraphobic loner in a lovely studio apartment somewhere

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i'd probably be an agoraphobic loner in a lovely studio apartment somewhere

:D

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
well on my way to being that nutcase in my house.

at least I'm not all paranoid about conspiracy theories and poo poo.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mike-o posted:

all the god drat time, gently caress.

If you're worried about your relationship or money or your job or that particularly bad spot you can't stop staring at in the mirror, all that is apparently normal stuff even people who haven't been shot at find themselves worrying about. Of it's something else, that's cool too. If your want to talk, let's talk.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 20, 2014

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
lol if you don't have a carefully crafted daily routine that minimizes anxiety

Also the best part of taking the metro happened just now. Woman was jabbering on her phone hella loud and wasn't holding on to the rails. Train stopped suddenly and she ate poo poo. Phone went sailing through the air and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

3 people were shot by a gunman on the main campus library last night before being shot and killed by police. All classes are canceled today as a result.

• Locked thread