Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Superbowl?
The AZ Cardinals
Cardinals
Arizona
Cards
View Results

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah, he's a good complimentary piece, and Gray is pretty much fool's gold right now (I mean, watch that video, how often do you ever see linebackers just removed from plays that consistantly?). The important thing is the Patriots have their kick returner back now.

Okay, a kick returner not made of glass is an upgrade. Wonder if they cut Gray or Bolden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
So is there any news on Justin Blackmon? He seemed super promising before he got suspended last year.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flikken posted:

So is there any news on Justin Blackmon? He seemed super promising before he got suspended last year.

I'm pretty sure he's suspended for the year and likely won't play in the NFL ever again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Flikken posted:

Still suspended all year. I think he's talked to some teammates, but I don't think he's gotten any help.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Flikken posted:

All I know is that with the girlfriend I have now pissing me off every other day, I wouldn't last a second with the NFL's substance abuse policy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

Last I read, he was halfway through a voluntary 90-day treatment program somewhere.

I think he was technically eligible to return on Nov. 1.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

sweet thursday posted:

All I know is that with the girlfriend I have now pissing me off every other day, I wouldn't last a second with the NFL's substance abuse policy

You know, there's a simple solution to that.

not murder either

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sweet thursday posted:

you'd be good to go under their domestic abuse policy tho

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Volkerball posted:

you'd be good to go under their domestic abuse policy tho

*nods head approvingly*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This poo poo got dark pretty quick.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nah she's Caucasian

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sweet thursday posted:

Nah she's Caucasian

the league might actually care, then

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gov Cuomo says it's impractical to dedicate the resources necessary to play Jets-Bills on Sunday. Looking like it'll be postponed.

Also,
@FieldYates
Source: 2 other teams besides the Vikings tried to claim RB Ben Tate — the Colts & Cardinals. Minnesota, with worst record, was awarded Tate

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Come-on, push it to Monday night and play a double header

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ozu posted:

Gov Cuomo says it's impractical to dedicate the resources necessary to play Jets-Bills on Sunday. Looking like it'll be postponed.

Tuesday Night Football please

quote:

Also,
@FieldYates
Source: 2 other teams besides the Vikings tried to claim RB Ben Tate — the Colts & Cardinals. Minnesota, with worst record, was awarded Tate

Get ready for Zurlon Tipton

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ozu posted:

Also,
@FieldYates
Minnesota beat them to it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:cawg:

Ozu posted:

Also,
@FieldYates

I'm sorry, Ben, that really sucks for you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

Tonight is going to be a lovely miserable game and no one should watch it

AFC West in Prime time is magic

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
If he wants to make money next year, not going to the Colts is good. That offensive line is just dreadful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ozu posted:

Also,
@FieldYates

Thank you v much Vikings

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Volkerball posted:

I think I'm just going to load up the radio stream, sit down with a fifth of jack, turn off all the lights, and stare at the ceiling.

hell, Same.

let's tinychat a shot contest

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A bunch of Packers OL dudes and Clay Matthews are in the Pitch Perfect sequel.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Tuesday Night Football please

Get ready for Zurlon Tipton

Holy poo poo Zurlon is in the NFL?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, it's La Canfora but I highly doubt the Bills would agree to moving it to MetLife.

@JasonLaCanfora
Sounds like there is no way Bills/Jets game will be played in BUF on Sun. May be moved to Mon or Tues, possibly to Meadowlands

@ProFootballTalk
Per source, if Jets-Bills isn't played in Buffalo, the options are Detroit, Toronto, and New Jersey.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Ozu posted:

I mean, it's La Canfora but I highly doubt the Bills would agree to moving it to MetLife.

@JasonLaCanfora
Sounds like there is no way Bills/Jets game will be played in BUF on Sun. May be moved to Mon or Tues, possibly to Meadowlands

@ProFootballTalk
Per source, if Jets-Bills isn't played in Buffalo, the options are Detroit, Toronto, and New Jersey.

If a Buffalo Bills home game got moved to Detroit, it would be beyond my wildest dreams, this would be the most amazing storm ever.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Well, I mean they lose how many home games to Toronto anyways?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Who needs the field cleared?

Unleash the greatest snow game the NFL has ever seen

Tell me you don't want to see what a run play looks like in 4-6 feet of snow

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who needs the field cleared?

Unleash the greatest snow game the NFL has ever seen

second greatest. Lions/eagles may never be topped in our lifetimes. Shady :allears:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Thought some of you in Buffalo could take solace in this voicemail to CBC radio from my home province
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/saskatchewan-winter-too-much-for-one-cbc-radio-listener-1.2840916

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel like we are watching a Ryan Leaf-esq train wreck play out in super slow motion. Frankly Snyder had it coming.

Wow, he's a lawyer now? I thought he was in jail!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

wheez the roux posted:

second greatest. Lions/eagles may never be topped in our lifetimes. Shady :allears:

Lions/Eagles was a pivotal moment in human history but imagine that game on a field where Shady would literally be shorter than the snow itself.

Just a bugs bunny esque tunnel of flying powder being your own way of knowing where he is running

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

why couldn't they play at the Carrier Dome?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wheez the roux posted:

hell, Same.

let's tinychat a shot contest

I'm going to blast a big ball of sticky weed resin and post in the GDT, while eating buttered toast and pitted dates

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
How is Toronto a better option for the game? Are they that Mich better at removing snow just by virtue of being Canadian?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm guessing by virtue of Rogers Centre being a dome.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

packsmack posted:

How is Toronto a better option for the game? Are they that Mich better at removing snow just by virtue of being Canadian?

Toronto didn't get hammered by the snow like Buffalo did for complicated weather reasons that I don't know enough about to explain.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think I heard that they're doing AAA hockey there Saturday night.

PsychoBilly Caddy
Dec 2, 2005
You might say I picked it up at the factory. It's cheaper that way.

sportsgenius86 posted:

It has been turned into an ice rink for Friday and Saturday night games. I would think it would take too long to set up for football again for Sunday?

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Rogue Elephant posted:

Toronto didn't get hammered by the snow like Buffalo did for complicated weather reasons that I don't know enough about to explain.

Wind goes east. Buffalo is east of the lake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots fans give a great example of free agency flow chart on ESPN today:

Early this morning:
Should the Patriots bring back RB LeGarrette Blount, who was released by the Steelers? 
40% Yes ... remember how great he was for the Patriots at the end of last season? 
60% No ... he's a locker room headache and he's redundant with the emergence of Jonas Gray.

A few hours later:
What's your take on the Patriots adding LeGarrette Blount? 
78% Great move ... no risk at all for the Patriots and this is a guy who could make an impact if called upon. Great depth signing. 
22% Bad move ... this was not necessary. I worry he could be a poison in the locker room. He did walk out on the Steelers, after all. Not a team-first guy.

• Locked thread