Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Mr. Nice! posted:

3 people were shot by a gunman on the main campus library last night before being shot and killed by police. All classes are canceled today as a result.

welcum 2 obama's america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

More Police Brutality: Cops gun down student, hold hundreds hostage for hours.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

lol if you don't have a carefully crafted daily routine that minimizes anxiety

I follow a pretty rigid schedule and get moderately upset when something interrupts it. :ohdear:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I take take lots of naps.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

negative feedback loop drinking is fun

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mr. Nice! posted:

3 people were shot by a gunman on the main campus library last night before being shot and killed by police. All classes are canceled today as a result.

Hell yeah play video games all day

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Mr. Nice! posted:

drat, is Jameis Winston trying to sabotage his draft position?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

pkells posted:

drat, is Jameis Winston trying to sabotage his draft position?

Ha, an ESPN reporter is probably going to get fired because she tweeted a similar joke

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ha, an ESPN reporter is probably going to get fired because she tweeted a similar joke

I got to see this tweet.

At least tell me who it was.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

I got to see this tweet.

At least tell me who it was.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/espn-student-reporter-makes-atrocious-jameis-winston-joke-amid-fsu-shooting

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

That wasn't near as awesome and fulfilling as I had hoped. Good job Tuscaloosa. Way to be a disappointment on the field and off

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Sweet jesus, I've been assigned to write a paper about whether or not the song blurred lines promotes rape culture.

I can't seem to stop making horrible decisions. What is wrong with me. How did I select a class that is going to grade a potential tumblr post.

Maybe I deserve this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Sweet jesus, I've been assigned to write a paper about whether or not the song blurred lines promotes rape culture.

I can't seem to stop making horrible decisions. What is wrong with me. How did I select a class that is going to grade a potential tumblr post.

Maybe I deserve this.

the fun part is modifying the topic to something outlandish

try one of these
-The song doesn't promote rape, it is literally rape, and anyone who purchases it is a rapist
-Music forces itself into your ears even if you don't want to hear it, so all music is rape

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Write a paper about grape culture, feign ignorance.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

the fun part is modifying the topic to something outlandish

try one of these
-The song doesn't promote rape, it is literally rape, and anyone who purchases it is a rapist
-Music forces itself into your ears even if you don't want to hear it, so all music is rape

Ah yes. The song is obviously a tacit admission by Thicke and pharerrel to a series of rapes occurring in the L.A. area that they are seeking to make the world complicit with by attaching a popular song to.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Maybe I deserve this.

Is this a 100-level communications or humanities course if so there's your answer.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Maybe I deserve this.

One of the introductory film classes I took was online and we were always given two options for that week's writing assignment. One option was to write about a technical aspect of the movie, and the other option always focused on issues of gender/social equality within the film's story (ie portraying minorities as evil or comedic and women as completely helpless in old western movies.

I chose the 2nd option whenever I felt too lazy to do any work.

Just write what you feel about the question. If you think it's a stupid prompt, challenge the concept of "Rape Culture". I've found most professors seem to prefer reading something like that as opposed to the poo poo they usually get: vague statements, unsupported, stuffed with adjectives in order to hit the page/word requirement.

gently caress it, throw some :biotruths: at 'em. Have a laugh.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you're worried about your relationship or money or your job or that particularly bad spot you can't stop staring at in the mirror, all that is apparently normal stuff even people who haven't been shot at find themselves worrying about. Of it's something else, that's cool too. If your want to talk, let's talk.

This is my dilemma. But I don't think I worry about normal stuff too much. On the other hand I definitely have anxiety issues at times although they never manifested themselves until about 6 years into the military. I haven't had any particular highly traumatic experiences. I fly around in airplanes, it's cool. The closest I came to anything was a year in Baghdad working counter-IED and had to look at a bunch of pretty gnarly investigation photos from IED attacks on a daily basis but it's not like I had my buddy get blown up 10 get away from me. But, in addition to general anxiety I definitely get moody at times and snap at the family which has led at times to pretty serious arguments between me and the old lady. So I don't know the hell it is. I just try to keep it down because I know plenty of other people in the military have had it a lot harder than me.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

vulturesrow posted:

This is my dilemma. But I don't think I worry about normal stuff too much. On the other hand I definitely have anxiety issues at times although they never manifested themselves until about 6 years into the military. I haven't had any particular highly traumatic experiences. I fly around in airplanes, it's cool. The closest I came to anything was a year in Baghdad working counter-IED and had to look at a bunch of pretty gnarly investigation photos from IED attacks on a daily basis but it's not like I had my buddy get blown up 10 get away from me. But, in addition to general anxiety I definitely get moody at times and snap at the family which has led at times to pretty serious arguments between me and the old lady. So I don't know the hell it is. I just try to keep it down because I know plenty of other people in the military have had it a lot harder than me.

If your anxiety is causing problems its irrelevant that other people might have seen worse carnage or experienced greater potential trauma. If you've recognized an issue its worth getting help for, if only to prevent things from getting worse.

cmdrpinky
Oct 1, 2003

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

i'd probably be an agoraphobic loner in a lovely studio apartment somewhere

it's me

I'm the loner in the lovely apartment

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you're worried about your relationship or money or your job or that particularly bad spot you can't stop staring at in the mirror, all that is apparently normal stuff even people who haven't been shot at find themselves worrying about. Of it's something else, that's cool too. If your want to talk, let's talk.

For me it's like normal people anxiety stuff but the root cause is depression making me think that I'm failing at everything, then I get anxiety over failing at everything.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Anxiety and stress are good to have. It's when those don't exist that it's time to fret.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Or rapeseed culture.

ReverendCode
Nov 30, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Anxiety and stress are good to have. It's when those don't exist that it's time to fret.

This right here is my biggest source of concern. Everything is going smoothly, and that terrifies me.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Sometimes I think I'm really lucky for having mush brain instead anxious brains or sad brains.

But really it just all sucks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Blessed be the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Just went to a neighborhood watch meeting. Nothing but old white people going "mmhmm" and "yup" and "hmph!" at all the stories about the thug menace in our great county. What should have boiled down to a 15 minute talk by deputy doright that said lock your doors, turn on external lights, watch for suspicious poo poo, turned into an hour and a half of anecdotes by the nearly senile old lady who couldn't quite follow what was actually happening in the room, and people very specifically asking what situations it is right to shoot someone (in Florida the answer is always. It is always right to shoot someone).

gently caress it's past my bedtime

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Just went to a neighborhood watch meeting. Nothing but old white people going "mmhmm" and "yup" and "hmph!" at all the stories about the thug menace in our great county. What should have boiled down to a 15 minute talk by deputy doright that said lock your doors, turn on external lights, watch for suspicious poo poo, turned into an hour and a half of anecdotes by the nearly senile old lady who couldn't quite follow what was actually happening in the room, and people very specifically asking what situations it is right to shoot someone (in Florida the answer is always. It is always right to shoot someone).

gently caress it's past my bedtime

actually that stuff just happened bc you were at a neighborhood watch meeting literally anywhere

stupid fag

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
why would you go to something so lame what are you doing with your life?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to see Shim go to one with some of his old man time.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

justice4trayvawn posted:

actually that stuff just happened bc you were at a neighborhood watch meeting literally anywhere

stupid fag

nah I'm pretty sure in my old hood they'd spend 20 minutes justifying the criminal act/apologize for being white for every minute spent complaining about a criminal act.

Also god forbid any video cameras be put anywhere. That's some BIG BROTHER poo poo, MAN. What we need is more eco-friendly bike cops. In January.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I want to see Shim go to one with some of his old man time.

homework time, everyone go to their closest neighborhood watch meeting and recite a shim story.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Because I wanted to make sure when it is okay to shoot someone duh.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Because I wanted to make sure when it is okay to shoot someone duh.

Are they black?

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Vasudus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh1RkRxnAOs

I'm gonna grrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaape ya' in the mouth!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Cole posted:

Are they black?

The only people that break into houses are black, so yeah?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The only people that break into houses are black, so yeah?

Are you white?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Cole posted:

Are you white?

I'm posting on SA and I was in the navy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I'm posting on SA and I was in the navy.

He didn't ask if you were fat.

• Locked thread