Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keeper
Jun 5, 2002

mission. loving. accomplished. game still sucks

Pulled off the UT packs-only win, the restrictions I gave myself were:
*no purchasing anything off the transfer list (broke it a couple of times early for purchases of <$300)
*only sell consumables or duplicate players/items, always listing them for $150. Biggest sale was a $4000 Man U crest, currently have 487 players taking up room.
*Make a new squad once one became realistically competitive. Didn't really set this goal but ended up happening.
*Rage at the quit scammers, even using all the FCC coin bonuses I barely ran a contract surplus until I was staying in D.3 and was getting >15% bonus from managers. Top 2 divisions seem to be swarmed by them, annoying as hell to have to try to determine if the other side is a human every match.

Playing this way felt better and way more creative then building dream teams, every squad except the very recently created portuzil has gone through tons of changes.

Team photo time:
un
oranje
esp
epl
bund
ceriAH
portuzil

*Tossing support to: de Jong, Ramsey, Zarate, Lavezzi, Cabaye, Moreno, Ya Konan, Pepe, Antunes, Khedria(only for La Liga, was awful for my german squad), Reus, Raffael, Naldo, Rossi, Matri, Aqualani, Montolivo, Eliseu, Beto(GK), Manuel Fernandes and Aboubakar as being club legends.

Anything worth trying next? I'm pretty sure the better option is go back to the neglected piles of games I have on steam... or something actually constructive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is it just me or is player switching stuck to Auto in FUT, it seems like in seasons you can switch to air balls and manual and it works but in FUT it's always the same poo poo.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

keeper posted:

mission. loving. accomplished. game still sucks

Pulled off the UT packs-only win, the restrictions I gave myself were:

How many packs did you buy?

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Thom P. Tiers posted:

How many packs did you buy?
Didn't count but would estimate an average of 4 unique players a pack, so slightly over a 120 packs opened. Didn't spend any extra money, nor did I have ultimate team edition or fifa 14 so ran very lean at the start.

The cheesing on that side was nearly 4 seasons of offline play for various reasons; contract shortages, injuries, forgetting to bench a player to restore stamina, etc. It's dropped now but injury and fitness cards can still pull a bit of coin.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

keeper posted:

Didn't count but would estimate an average of 4 unique players a pack, so slightly over a 120 packs opened. Didn't spend any extra money, nor did I have ultimate team edition or fifa 14 so ran very lean at the start.

The cheesing on that side was nearly 4 seasons of offline play for various reasons; contract shortages, injuries, forgetting to bench a player to restore stamina, etc. It's dropped now but injury and fitness cards can still pull a bit of coin.

Oh man, I mis-read you. You bought all your packs with coins you earned? God daaaamn. What was the "best" player you pulled? How many in-forms?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mills posted:

TOTY crash is January some time but lots of kids will get it for Xmas which means lots of packs being opened which means crashing prices. I'd suggest selling start of December because everyone is aware of it at this point and will pre-empt it (or even from now if you're risk averse) - or you could just keep an eye on prices on futbin if you want to hold on as much as possible and not look to re-purchase until end of January. You can build a pretty solid Serie A team for close to 15k to tide you over.

So we're supposed to sit on all of our coins for like a month and a half? Sounds awful.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The biggest crash was probably the free packs they gave out. When was that? January March? I think I got 10

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You don't have to do it if you don't care about min-maxing your cash. If you don't sell, your players will halve in value but will so most the players you would otherwise want to buy; your purchasing power stays the same.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just had a super exciting finish to a season. I didn't necessarily have to win THIS game but I had 3 games left with 16 points in Division 5 with 19 needed to win the title, and I was up 1-0 and got scored on in the 90th minute and I was like gently caress I guess I gotta win the next game but immediately put together a good attack and got fouled right outside of his box at like 22 yards and managed to score on that to put me up 2-1 in stoppage time, I was ready to do airplanes around my living room

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Oh man, I mis-read you. You bought all your packs with coins you earned? God daaaamn. What was the "best" player you pulled? How many in-forms?

I tried to be mean to myself, I listed the players at the bottom of that first post that were important and included players that got dropped by the end but were used a lot in the subs of the "team photos," have yet to get any in-form. For "bests" Reus, Lavezzi and Pepe live up to their billing, drew Lavezzi and Pepe right together and that was the final push.

For pleasant surprises de Jong is the only player that seems to consistently play defense on his own, Beto is solid, Matri manages to do a lot of good things despite lacking pace, Aboubakar is hard to make a team for but have managed to get some clever goals out of him despite being pace abuse and Cabaye and Ramsey manage to do a lot of things right.

Didn't notice they still had those tracking pages, this hacking is so absurdly blatant.

https://www.easports.com/fifa/game-data/stats/kopciuch_sililin/fifa15-pc/futSeasons
https://www.easports.com/fifa/game-data/match-history/kopciuch_sililin/fifa15-pc/futSeasons

https://www.easports.com/fifa/game-data/stats/james_stuillin/fifa15-pc/futSeasons
https://www.easports.com/fifa/game-data/match-history/james_stuillin/fifa15-pc/futSeasons

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Messi just broke the La Liga record for most goals and Ronaldo scored 2 goals and an assist so there's a good chance they both get IF cards in TOTW this week which should see overall prices plummet.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just won the division 4 title! I'm up there in division 3 now, coin bonuses are getting pretty good (basically 1500 per win now assuming I at least don't get relegated)

I watched a bunch of youtube videos of people pointing out basically which moves actually work since most are trash, and a couple I knew about and did already like body fake and fake shot, but there is one move I had no idea even existed because it's not listed anywhere and the buttons don't even make any sense but it's definitely a unique animation, and that's the drag back that you do by holding LB+RB or L1+R1 while moving the left stick directly 180 degrees backwards. It basically makes your dude turn around WAY faster than normal, it helped me a ton.

Try this ONE SECRET MOVE THAT OBAMA HATES

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 23, 2014

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's crazy how much easier it is to get into what would have in the past been like a 80%+ scoring chance right in front of the box, but conversely how much harder it is to score from there now. If I could just get my finishing from those spots to stop clanging off the bar or getting saved all the time I think I could def score like 5-6 goals a game.

Does anyone know if the direction you hold the stick matters at all beyond general aim of the goal? I guess my specific question is, suppose I'm shooting and I hold the stick straight up. Will that make it more unliekly to go in since it's aiming for the literal very side of the goal? Should I try to aim more towards like a diagonal? I have noticed that sometimes when pressed if I'm for example dribbling upwards I'll just keep the stick aimed up when I aim and I wonder if that's why it's pushing it wide a lot.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 23, 2014

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Mills posted:

Messi just broke the La Liga record for most goals and Ronaldo scored 2 goals and an assist so there's a good chance they both get IF cards in TOTW this week which should see overall prices plummet.

Yah I saw it as a good opportunity to sell off my team this weekend and then use the money to buy a new team on Wednesday night

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah I'm sitting on 250k cash and a 15k Serie A team.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Who do you guys think are the best reasonably priced BPL strikers?

Right now I'm running Lukaku and Soldado with Adebayor and Diouf on my fitness squad but I'm wondering about subbing in Remy for Soldado since pace is so important this year as it is every year. But Soldado's better at like everything else so I'm wondering if he's still a bit better?

I also have Jovetic at CAM and he has a TON of overall stats but I'm considering put in Juan Mata just because he has the finesse shot ability and I know that finesse shots are really strong this year but I don't know how necessary the actual trait is.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I really didn't like Soldado when I was using him. Preferred playing Diouf and Long to be honest. A lot of people like Benteke in that price bracket.

Have a look at this.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that's what I was looking at, that's how I saw that soldado is such a monster ingame stat wise

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Stefan Prodan posted:

Who do you guys think are the best reasonably priced BPL strikers?

Right now I'm running Lukaku and Soldado with Adebayor and Diouf on my fitness squad but I'm wondering about subbing in Remy for Soldado since pace is so important this year as it is every year. But Soldado's better at like everything else so I'm wondering if he's still a bit better?

I also have Jovetic at CAM and he has a TON of overall stats but I'm considering put in Juan Mata just because he has the finesse shot ability and I know that finesse shots are really strong this year but I don't know how necessary the actual trait is.

Get an Adel Tarabbt at striker he is sick

drbesty
Sep 11, 2001
broke 3 of my fingers playing computer golf
Put Taarabt in CAM and have Balotelli upfront, they're both awesome

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Vargas is the best striker in the premier league, I have him paired with Welbeck who brings a nice athleticism to my front line

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Here's something I always wondered: If you have a guy with say 70 FKA and a guy with 90, and you for instance give slightly too much power on a free kick and it's going to go over, does the player with the higher FKA have it adjust a little bit so that it actually is more likely to go in, or does FKA simply make it so that it's more likely to consistently go in whatever direction you tell it to?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

Here's something I always wondered: If you have a guy with say 70 FKA and a guy with 90, and you for instance give slightly too much power on a free kick and it's going to go over, does the player with the higher FKA have it adjust a little bit so that it actually is more likely to go in, or does FKA simply make it so that it's more likely to consistently go in whatever direction you tell it to?

Lol you think theres consistency to free kicks

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lol you think theres consistency to free kicks

I've scored loads of free kicks with IF Sigurdson it's almost easy with him

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

I've scored loads of free kicks with IF Sigurdson it's almost easy with him

I saw a guy who mastered De Bruyne. Scored 2/2 on me. One from super easy range, but the other was a decent ways out and he still got it right in the corner.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hernanes, Pjanic, Candreva (for long FKs), classic Honda are awesome to use for that. Pirlo lacks power but he can score insane FKs if you're close enough.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

oo shiny Update.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Paperback Writer posted:

oo shiny Update.

Supposedly they improved the defence - anyone notice a difference?

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
Can someine explain the allure of fut to me? I bought this game on Sunday and have never really played fut before so gave it a try. Played a single player tournament, after finals it told me it couldn't connect to the server so the game didn't count. Then I bought some players on the transfer market except after winning the bids it wouldn't let me add them to my team "due to heavy transfer traffic" or some poo poo. Then it kicked me out of fut completely and I couldn't even log into it.

From reading this thread this all seems typical. Why do people put up with this to play a card game?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Is there an actual way to have custom tactics in UT without having to put them in each time? One popular streamer says in his guide that if you put them in against the TOTW and then exit they'll save but I tried and they were still back at default when I checked them against a person.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is there an actual way to have custom tactics in UT without having to put them in each time? One popular streamer says in his guide that if you put them in against the TOTW and then exit they'll save but I tried and they were still back at default when I checked them against a person.

Save them to quick tactics and then turn them on when you want to use them.

E: while we're on that topic, does anyone have any good custom tactics for FUT? I tried to set mine to sit deep and hit on the counter, and then immediately started playing like dogshit.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 25, 2014

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

the chief v2 posted:

Can someine explain the allure of fut to me? I bought this game on Sunday and have never really played fut before so gave it a try. Played a single player tournament, after finals it told me it couldn't connect to the server so the game didn't count. Then I bought some players on the transfer market except after winning the bids it wouldn't let me add them to my team "due to heavy transfer traffic" or some poo poo. Then it kicked me out of fut completely and I couldn't even log into it.

From reading this thread this all seems typical. Why do people put up with this to play a card game?

Just come back to Parmos, doggie :cool::respek::cool:

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

You can't set custom tactics to the dpad anymore. It's pretty loving retarded that feature went away

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DangerZoneDelux posted:

You can't set custom tactics to the dpad anymore. It's pretty loving retarded that feature went away

You can. I did.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
They added NYFC and Orlando City. Villa and Lampard will get their MLS cards and so will a couple other players. I'm wondering if Kaka will get a card introduced late like Suarez did. Anyways the title update claimed to tweak defending and lobbed through balls (which weren't really the problem) which I hope is true because it's the most frustrating part of the game. Hopefully they'll make push pull actually do something.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

On xbox or ps4? How did you do it?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Stefan Prodan posted:

On xbox or ps4? How did you do it?

Xbox. I just edited the custom tactics for my default team outside of FUT and it prompted me to assign the tactics to the d pad.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Xbox. I just edited the custom tactics for my default team outside of FUT and it prompted me to assign the tactics to the d pad.

Going to try this on PC and see if it works because :drat:

Also 25th November patch notes:
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/0/2972050.page

code:

XB1/PS4/PC

The third title update for FIFA 15 is now live for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. This new update feature new FIFA 15 content and also addresses certain issues brought to our attention by the FIFA community.

Added Content & Features
• New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers. List of players can be found here
* Accessible after this week’s MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes
** Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

• Added players, kits, and badges for the two new MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to FIFA Ultimate Team
• Updated FIFA Ultimate Team player item portraits for 18 high-profile players
• Added ability to assign Player Instructions via the squad screen in FIFA Ultimate Team

Issues Addressed
• Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls
• Improvements to kit clashing logic in Pro Clubs and Seasons
• Improvements to cameras in multiple licensed stadiums
• Improvements to “Looking Ahead” audio and overlays in Career Mode
• Improvements in Team Management functionality in multiplayer matches
• General stability fixes in Career Mode
• Ability to Player Lock in Player Career with multiple controllers in use
• Fix to online user population counts in Pro Clubs and Seasons menus
• Fix for issues with player names on certain kits in the BPL
• Fix for audio storylines in in Match Day Live games
• Fixed an issue where transferring progress across console generations could cause FUT Season progress to be tracked incorrectly.
• Addressed FUT player item portraits that show a white background in FUT
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Team of the Week preview to be displayed incorrectly.
• Compare Price in the FUT Transfer Market now works for players who were transferred close to the transfer deadline.
• Using the “Compare Price” feature on in-form Players Items now compares the item with other in-form versions instead of the normal version.

X360/PS3

The second title update for FIFA 15 is now live for the Xbox 360 and PS3. This new update feature new FIFA 15 content and also addresses certain issues brought to our attention by the FIFA community.

Added Content
• New authentic player faces for promoted Barclays Premier League teams Leicester City, Burnley, and Queens Park Rangers.
* Accessible after this week’s MatchDay Live update for all non-FUT modes
** Accessible after a FUT squad update coming this week

• Added players, kits, and badges for the two new MLS expansion teams Orlando City and New York City FC to FIFA Ultimate Team
• Updated FIFA Ultimate Team player item portraits for 18 high-profile players

Issues addressed
• Gameplay improvements to defensive positioning and lob through balls
• Improvements to kit clashing logic in Pro Clubs and Seasons
• Stability improvements to Career Mode and Co-op Seasons
• Improvements to cameras in multiple licensed stadiums
• Game Face stability fixes in Career Mode
• Fixed an issue where transferring progress across console generations could cause FUT Seasons progress to be tracked incorrectly.
• Compare Price in the FUT Transfer Market now works for players who were transferred close to the transfer deadline.
• Using the “Compare Price” feature on in-form Players Items now compares the item with other in-form versions instead of the normal version.
• Stability improvements when receiving invites for FUT Friendly Seasons.
• Stability improvements at the end of FUT Single Player Seasons matches
• Fixed undefined text on EASFC notifications for FUT Single Player Season promotions.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Team of the Week preview to be displayed incorrectly.
• Improved stability when receiving FUT Online Friendlies invites.

Our commitment to improve the FIFA 15 experience is ongoing, and regular feedback from our fans helps us prioritize and identify future improvements. Thanks again for your continuous feedback on Twitter, Facebook, and the EA Forums. We appreciate this feedback and encourage you to record and share with us of any aspects you’d like to give your opinion on.

Thanks,
The FIFA Team

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/11/2014 13:31:19

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 25, 2014

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Yeah that's not an option on ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

360 or on the One?

• Locked thread