Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Strawberry Panda posted:

Edit: also I watched survivor series with my friend who never watches it and he said, "not gonna lie that was pretty fun."

I watched with a person who doesn't follow any wrestling at all, and the only person she knows is Genki Sudo from his K1 days, and that's only because of his work in World Order.

She loved the Divas Survivor Series match and latched right on to Naomi, was super pissed about the other girls match, and said that Steph's actions make her want to see someone put her down, and that she has the personality of the bottom of a shoe, which is probably the point. Spent most of the time comparing wrestling to Sailor Moon and generally had a good time.

She was also madly madly in love with Cesaro, Lana, Seth, and Ziggler. Spent the entire time making fun of John Cena having Big Toes for every finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVERY HEEL AND FACE TURN OF BIG SHOW/GIANT'S CAREER:

quote:

-Giant debuts in WCW as a heel.
-By mid-'96 he's suddenly a tweener, or a face. Who the hell knows. One week he was feuding with the Horsemen, the next week he was facing Sting.
-He was a face against a heel Hogan in their World title match.
-Giant turns heel and joins the nWo weeks after losing the World title to Hogan. August of '96.
-Four months later Giant is kicked out of the nWo. Face turn.
-Giant joins nWo Hollywood, thus turning heel in '98.
-January '99. The week after the Fingerpoke of Doom. Giant is kicked out of the nWo again.

-February '99, PAUL WIGHT jumps ship and debuts as a heel BY BREAKING THROUGH THE RING FROM UNDERNEATH when he interferes in Austin/McMahon cage match.
-A little after a month later he turns face by knocking out McMahon.
-4 months later he turns heel by tagging up with Undertaker.
-2 months & a couple weeks later Big Show turns face when Albert and Big Boss Man do the FATHER IS DEAD storyline.
-3 months later Big Show turns heel when Rock refuses Big Show's help against the New Age Outlaws, which pisses off Show and causes him to attack Rock.
-3 months later (Right after WrestleMania 2000) he turns face when he starts these impersonations of wrestlers.
-Big Show turns heel, by choke slamming Shane after Shane was recruiting guys to join WCW. This lead to the Shane/Big Show Last Man Standing Match at Backlash 2001.
-Three months later Big Show turns face when he aligns himself with Billy Gunn to form the Show Gunns tag team.
-Big show turns on Austin to join the nWo. April 2002.
-Big Show returns from injury as a face. 2004.
-Big Show is drafted to the new ECW and turns heel.
-Big Show returns at No Way Out '08 as a face, but it was only short lived before he attacked Rey Mysterio and turned heel.
-Two months later he turns back face during a Great Khali/Big Show feud. (Kinda by default really)
-Five months later he turns heel by saving Vickie from Undertaker.
-Big Show beats Jericho (captain of Team Smackdown) to earn a spot on Team Raw. Face tease. October 2009.
-Weeks later Team Smackdown beat Team Raw at Bragging Rights due to Big Show turning on Team Raw.
-April 2010 Big Show punches out Miz and turns face.
-The Big Show was drafted to the Smackdown brand (he turned face and made pals with SmackDown general manager Theodore Long)
- May 21, 2012 Big Show returns as a heel due to receiving John Laurinaitis' ironclad contract after Laurinaitis had previously fired him, and knocks out John Cena
- March 9, 2013 (face turn) Big Show helped Randy Orton and Sheamus against the Shield.
-At WrestleMania 29, Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton lost to the Shield when Orton was pinned after stealing a hot tag from Big Show. After the match, a frustrated Big Show knocked out Orton and Sheamus for repeatedly refusing to tag him in the match.
-August 12, 2013 (face turn) Big Show returns from some time off to help Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fend off a Shield attack
-October 6, 2013 after crying a lot from doing the McMahons' bidding to faces, he KOs Daniel Bryan in the main event of the Battleground PPV, a few minutes later he also KOs Randy Orton as the show goes off the air
-October 7, 2013 Big Show returns the next night and takes out the Shield and KOs Triple H.
-November 23, 2014 he is a part of the face Team Cena team taking on Team Authority. Turns on John Cena mid-match by KOing him and joins up with Triple H.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!

Xenoletum posted:

She was also madly madly in love with Cesaro, Lana, Seth, and Ziggler. Spent the entire time making fun of John Cena having Big Toes for every finger.

She chose wisely.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Gatts posted:

Brie's new theme? I kissed a girl and liked it by Motorhead. Katy Perry rights are expensive.

Can we just have Lemmy grumbling out every wrestleman theme from now on? Especially the instrumentals, where he just revs his throat like a motorcycle to the tune of the beat.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
RAW needs to start with Show coming out and weakly defending himself "UH, IT WAS A JOKE I WAS UH LULLING THEM INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY...YEAH...THAT'S THE TICKET!"

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Daniel Bryan posted:

A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF EVERY HEEL AND FACE TURN OF BIG SHOW/GIANT'S CAREER:

Holy poo poo, that was exhausting.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Daniel Bryan posted:

-Big Show returns at No Way Out '08 as a face, but it was only short lived before he attacked Rey Mysterio and turned heel.

In which Show turns heel by attacking an injured Mysterio, Floyd Mayweather shops him. Over the course of the feud to Wrestlemania, Show becomes the face because people hate Mayweather so much.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Im very happy that Nicky from the Spirit Squad beat the Authority and stole the show last night, but I feel bad for him because now he's going to get stuck into a feud with Bray Wyatt.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who feels like the people that got put over strongest last night were Ziggler, Ambrose, and probably Rollins third and that that's no coincidence?

Also Dolph Ziggler owns, just wanna reiterate.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just want to point out that when Ziggler did the desperation hop off the Spanish announce table, he landed head first on the steel steps.

:allears:

The guy can't help but bump 24/7.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Orgophlax posted:

After SS ended, I thought how excited I would be to watch RAW the next day, and it was immediately mitigated by remembering Larry the Cable Guy is hosting...

Yeah, telling the difference between Larry and 2014 Sting may be difficult.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I want Ziggler to beat Brock for the world title. :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

I want Ziggler to beat Brock for the world title. :colbert:

My preferred order of guys to beat Brock:

1. Ambrose
2. Ziggler
3. Bryan
4. Reigns

And I realize Reigns is by far most likely but I'd still be fine with it so really I can't lose! :)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CobiWann posted:

Oh GOD drat IT.
He'll probably be in two segments that last enough for them to shill the terrible movie

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one who feels like the people that got put over strongest last night were Ziggler, Ambrose, and probably Rollins third and that that's no coincidence?

Also Dolph Ziggler owns, just wanna reiterate.

Sting.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's just enough residual Sting hype energy to look forward to RAW tonight, after a quick nap later!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sting should just be a general manager and not say anything. All he does is exist somewhere in the rafters or backstage randomly popping in out of nowhere to point a baseball bat at two or more people and thus we get a match.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I realize what you're saying but Sting isn't in the same conversation IMO. It's a different kind of being put over. Sting was put over as "guy who took HHH out of the equation and had a HOLY poo poo worthy moment" but Ziggler was put over as an unbeatable hero, Rollins was put over as a cunning but really dangerous heel, and Ambrose was put over as an unhinged, massive badass who took a relatively lukewarm crowd (at the time) and had them losing their poo poo for him by the time he was done (a la Ziggler). Sting didn't need to do anything to get over, ergo he was less built up, and more just affirmed as a legendary presence.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

achillesforever6 posted:

He'll probably be in two segments that last enough for them to shill the terrible movie

And it'll be the two segments my wife decides to walk in the room.

Upside - at least Kirk Cameron's not on RAW to shill HIS terrible movie.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Did we ever determine the exact count of Emmacrats worldwide?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Ziggler was put over as an unbeatable hero

I dunno I think HHH had him pretty beaten before Sting showed up.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I realize what you're saying but Sting isn't in the same conversation IMO. It's a different kind of being put over. Sting was put over as "guy who took HHH out of the equation and had a HOLY poo poo worthy moment" but Ziggler was put over as an unbeatable hero, Rollins was put over as a cunning but really dangerous heel, and Ambrose was put over as an unhinged, massive badass who took a relatively lukewarm crowd (at the time) and had them losing their poo poo for him by the time he was done (a la Ziggler). Sting didn't need to do anything to get over, ergo he was less built up, and more just affirmed as a legendary presence.

Sting helped Ziggler win the match which he was about to lose. You can twist things any you want in your head. That's fine. I want to see where this is going first befor overreacting about it. It was cool, though. I got to see Sting.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

One, me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My bae Dolph Ziggler looked cool and strong and awesome last night and he superkicked all the haters and nay-sayers.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Amazon VOD has the HD version of Paul Heyman's documentary for $5 in their Black Friday deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDZGIQ

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Sting helped Ziggler win the match which he was about to lose. You can twist things any you want in your head. That's fine. I want to see where this is going first befor overreacting about it. It was cool, though. I got to see Sting.

Which he was about to lose because he was being hosed by the authority, and he still managed to take most of them out before HHH got in the ring. Sting un-hosed Ziggler, but Ziggler definitely came off as the hero of the actual match.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Call Me Charlie posted:

Amazon VOD has the HD version of Paul Heyman's documentary for $5 in their Black Friday deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDZGIQ

Thanks. This is tempting. I'm kind of an extreme cheap rear end when it comes to stuff like this though, mainly because I believe it'll be on Netflix soon enough.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Sting helped Ziggler win the match which he was about to lose.

It took seven people to make Ziggler lose the match and only one to make him win. John Cena has faced better odds than that.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Melissa Joan Hart was tweeting in full support of Emma. (And Charlotte.)

Yeah, I don't loving know, either.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Daniel Bryan posted:

That's fair enough, but if anyone argues they didn't put over Ziggler in pretty legendary fashion in a vacuum last night, you're out of your mind. Ziggler had not one but two visual pins totally clean after taking a Passion Of The Cena level rear end beating.

I agree that how they follow up on it is an entirely different proposition, however. It almost sucks how much talent WWE has because guys are bound to get lost in the shuffle. Ziggler, all three Shield guys, Bryan when he comes back...they all have the capacity to be top guys and that's not even counting guys in developmental or guys squandering without pushes (looking primarily at Cesaro).

Oh and whatever else you say about Sting, that was a HELL of a Scorpion Death Drop. It looked like murder.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I hope Cena comes out first, and gets deluged with "WE WANT ZIGGLER" chants.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

:laffo:

It's entirely possible, if not likely, that they gently caress Ziggler back to shitsville as quickly as tonight but he very very very clearly had the match won on his own on two separate occasions despite being beaten by numerous people to hell and back and only did not win clean because of HHH.

Sting just evened the odds.

Acting like Ziggler had no shot in a fair fight without Sting is so insanely preposterous that it makes me wonder if you actually watched the match or just read spoilers.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Orgophlax posted:

I hope Cena comes out first, and gets deluged with "WE WANT ZIGGLER" chants.

I like Dolph, but let's keep our expectations reasonable.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Stinger is here

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

:laffo:

It's entirely possible, if not likely, that they gently caress Ziggler back to shitsville as quickly as tonight but he very very very clearly had the match won on his own on two separate occasions despite being beaten by numerous people to hell and back and only did not win clean because of HHH.

Sting just evened the odds.

Acting like Ziggler had no shot in a fair fight without Sting is so insanely preposterous that it makes me wonder if you actually watched the match or just read spoilers.

This is a lot of words that aren't responding to what I said. I never said anything about a fair fight. Armstrong's arm was coming down for the three, and Ziggler wasn't moving. That was my point.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ziggler also "won" the match twice before really winning it, if you are taking hypothetical situations into account

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

This is a lot of words that aren't responding to what I said. I never said anything about a fair fight. Armstrong's arm was coming down for the three, and Ziggler wasn't moving. That was my point.

Which ignores that twice before that the ref's arm was coming down for three and Rollins wasn't moving.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Where is Raw tonight?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luneshot posted:

Where is Raw tonight?

Indianapolis. I almost went but Raw tapings are exhausting and the shows haven't been very exciting recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sigma posted:

I just want to point out that when Ziggler did the desperation hop off the Spanish announce table, he landed head first on the steel steps.

:allears:

The guy can't help but bump 24/7.

His stupid rear end is going to get another concussion and kill his own push.

• Locked thread