Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
How crucial is rerolling for a 'keepable' monster? Am I gimping myself by not having one right out of the gate? Whens it start to really matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

From the LINE chat, you need top tier to be able to handle the hardest versions of quests.

You only need 1 monster because of the 4 player co-op. XP is limitless due to chain running bonus stages. Get Arthur; evo; win game.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

Am I gimping myself by not having one right out of the gate?

The chances of rolling a good monster in this are SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. This is the one chance you get to guarantee not garbage instead of hot garbage.

Yes, I just rolled 50 stones on a bunch of 4*s, why do you ask?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I rerolled 80 loving times. I ended up with Margarite. I do not regret my decisions.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sono posted:

From the LINE chat, you need top tier to be able to handle the hardest versions of quests.

You only need 1 monster because of the 4 player co-op. XP is limitless due to chain running bonus stages. Get Arthur; evo; win game.

Yeah, I am not playing coop but, when I get an Arthur friend the game devolves into "keep Arthur on the bottom of the screen: the game". I can only imagine that 4 arthurs just bounce around against each other and don't give a crap about the monsters.

My Margarite would be the same but she's still unevolved. Seems like that divine sharl is still many dungeons away from me.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

trucutru posted:

Yeah, I am not playing coop but, when I get an Arthur friend the game devolves into "keep Arthur on the bottom of the screen: the game". I can only imagine that 4 arthurs just bounce around against each other and don't give a crap about the monsters.

My Margarite would be the same but she's still unevolved. Seems like that divine sharl is still many dungeons away from me.

There's a free one in the 4th co-op dungeon. Fast on the strike.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sono posted:

Is there anyway to play coop without LINE? I've tried to find friends or whatever but is seems like nobody plays around here, in canuckland.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

trucutru posted:

Is there anyway to play coop without LINE? I've tried to find friends or whatever but is seems like nobody plays around here, in canuckland.

All they need is to click the link that is generated. So if your friends have the game, just send them the link. I can local coop with my brother just fine. Also I play here in :canada:

Sono posted:

Note that it's actually Fast on the Strike GP, which is quite a few stages higher. It unlocks after Blinding Menagerie: http://www.monsterstrikedatabase.com/dungeons/normal-dungeons.html. Run solo like crazy then pop in coop to bang out those 4 stages.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You'll know when you have the co-op area unlocked because you'll see the quest reward in the list as well. You also get a divine sharl for 30 days of logging in.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I got Uriel in the JP version, then my first 50 stones rolled total garbage. Any thoughts on just grinding on with uriel? Apparently she's S rank but not SS/super top tier.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If you have people to play co-op with (and you live in Japan so duh) then all you need is one competent monster. For solo play you probably want at least two solid keepable monsters.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Free 50 orbs from the launch party (unlimited use, once per account)

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Awesome, thank you!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Between this and the 10 orbs for the recent boss drop issue I'm back up ti 181 orbs. :eyepop:

Also it goes without saying but :siren: anyone new who's rolling should use this promo code every time they reroll if it lets them. :siren:

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Are the new faeries that are the special drop thing right now any good?

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

inSTAALed posted:

Are the new faeries that are the special drop thing right now any good?

Nonno is really good, the rest not so much.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Thanks a lot. :shobon:

--

So, how does one get blue orbs(not the crystals) because I'm two orbs away from evolving Margarite. I powered through the water catalyst stage yesterday but it decided to be cruel.

On that note I burned orbs to get more runs and this is the first game where your max energy is added onto your remaining energy for an overage instead of just hitting max and that's it. That is really cool of them.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Thanks a lot. :shobon:

--

So, how does one get blue orbs(not the crystals) because I'm two orbs away from evolving Margarite. I powered through the water catalyst stage yesterday but it decided to be cruel.

On that note I burned orbs to get more runs and this is the first game where your max energy is added onto your remaining energy for an overage instead of just hitting max and that's it. That is really cool of them.

Anything that drops blue crystals might have a chance of dropping blue orbs. I'd give the higher levels of whatever special dungeon is running of that color.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason, having so many free orbs is actually preventing me from re-rolling. I guess I'll just wait until there is a godfest with the gods I want and spend all of them there, since the odds of getting a 5x seem pretty crap in this game.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

trucutru posted:

For some reason, having so many free orbs is actually preventing me from re-rolling. I guess I'll just wait until there is a godfest with the gods I want and spend all of them there, since the odds of getting a 5x seem pretty crap in this game.

Yeah I agree. I can do like 30 rolls at this point and I'm just holding out for Yggdrasil now. Kinda wishing I'd done another 10x when Alice was on there since it looked like Zeus and Arthur was on there too.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Nevermind

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?

I'm getting a "this promotion code is invalid" error, is this already expired? :(

waddler
Jan 3, 2008

dropkickpikachu posted:

I'm getting a "this promotion code is invalid" error, is this already expired? :(

I guess they didn't want that code leaking out, if it was intended for their launch party.

When do we start seeing more (legit) free orbs? There were the two-per-day on launch, some freebies from co-op, then ... nothing. Silence. I think I'm spoiled by (and maybe a bit tired of) PAD's back-to-back events and handouts, but I've already converted my free orbs into a bunch of crappy 4* mons and box space for said mons.

The answer is :retrogames:, isn't it...

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Just found this tonight, needed something to do that required zero brainpower, so I rerolled three or four times, and

:catstare: Guess I'm gonna play around with this for a while.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Just found this tonight, needed something to do that required zero brainpower, so I rerolled three or four times, and

:catstare: Guess I'm gonna play around with this for a while.

Yeah, that Zeus dude is pretty sweet and it took me a while to realize that his explosion activates your other mon powers when they hit him, which I guess is part of what makes him good.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

That's all Blasts as far as I can tell.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I rolled like five times and got bored and ended up with Saya and Matilda. Is that good enough to just chill on it or what?

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah

Philip Rivers posted:

I rolled like five times and got bored and ended up with Saya and Matilda. Is that good enough to just chill on it or what?

They are only good enough to get far in the game if you join the goonstrike line group, get 140 free stones from coop play and roll a 5* monster

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Y2J posted:

They are only good enough to get far in the game if you join the goonstrike line group, get 140 free stones from coop play and roll a 5* monster

I started with an average 5* that I used because I didn't feel like rerolling at all and now I got a Zeus from my last ten pull so this strat works 100% of the time.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

My data10.bin backup didn't survive past reflashing my rom :smith:
I get to try and roll margarite all over again because my data backup won't exist.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
ANyone got a link/copy of the 2.8.0 APK that's just updated please?
I found one on reditt but it won't work (comment there said the same)

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I used http://apk-dl.com/download/android/jp.co.mixi.monsterstrikeUS/Monster-Strike2.8.0-apk/

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Works great, thanks

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

IAmTheRad posted:

My data10.bin backup didn't survive past reflashing my rom :smith:
I get to try and roll margarite all over again because my data backup won't exist.

Load it into a android emulator like bluestacks or something and see if it works. I've got a bunch of data10s that won't work on an actual phone but works fine in emulators. You'll be able to at least salvage the account by backing it up to google+ and transfer it that way.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

yergacheffe posted:

Load it into a android emulator like bluestacks or something and see if it works. I've got a bunch of data10s that won't work on an actual phone but works fine in emulators. You'll be able to at least salvage the account by backing it up to google+ and transfer it that way.

No, it didn't survive. As in the file no longer exists. I'm sure I copied it to my external sd card, but it doesn't seem to have "stuck".

But I'm done rerolling.
I got Zeus.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 26, 2014

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Nice work ;]

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Did a 10-pull for the monster fest and ended up with 9 useless 4* monsters and I was sweating bullets until the final egg hatched a Zeus.

Phew.

So, I know the tier list is an easy way to tell just how relatively powerful the monsters are, but are there any strategy guides out there as to how to best use each monster's abilities?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Hit the other balls with your balls. Prioritize activating ball skills instead of bounces, they tend to do more damage. The current top tier ball skills are blast and one way laser for boss balls and quad laser for normal, mook balls.

balls

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
After about 50 rerolls, I managed to find a Oda Nobunaga. Is this alright (it's listed as acceptable) or should I continue to reroll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Alright, so I have been playing since launch, although its been pretty casual. I have max level Odin, Hunter King, Oda Nobunga and Arthur, but basically only have enough mats to evolve one of them. I am leaning towards Arthur, but is there a case to be made for Odin or the other two?

• Locked thread