Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

The Science of Suck posted:

say what when i first knew what, exactly?

If you had a doctor role and you investigated me as town, why didn't you say anything to exonerate me earlier?

EXAKT Science posted:

An early copclaim sounds like a good way for a cop who's flying under the radar to get nightkilled before they can out at least one scum.

And what if they were killed beforehand? All that investigation would be all for naught. It is a fool's errand to not share this information at its earliest convenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Harold Krell posted:

If you had a doctor role and you investigated me as town, why didn't you say anything to exonerate me earlier?

And what if they were killed beforehand? All that investigation would be all for naught. It is a fool's errand to not share this information at its earliest convenience.

Let's remember that his town reads aren't 100% verified, as there may well be a Godfather in this setup. In fact, with three scum and the fact that PMom flipped Miller, I think it's more likely than not that there is in fact a Godfather. With the Miller dead, however, a scum result definitely means that someone is scum, which is the most useful possible result that a cop could get. We're at the point where if there were a counterclaim, it should have happened by now, and you seem to be trying to cast doubt on the case against Toaster without any real justification other than "but guys, the claimed cop is playing ~suboptimally~," which is flimsy as all get out, but also in line with the weird meta-cases you've been pushing for more or less the whole game.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
i can't think of a good reason to claim a town result on d2, especially when there might be a godfather

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
About eight hours to deadline, who wants to talk about stuff?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright posting some reads:

AtrociousToaster: In light of the cop claim, he's who I'm voting today. His posts don't contain anything in the way of real content, and he hasn't even posted since the game came back online. There's no reason not to lunch him today.

Scrap Dragon: There's a lot here that I don't like:

Scrap Dragon posted:

Krell owns and I hope he posts more

I don't know about that though. They're both super scummy and then there's Squid's comment about how he doesn't want to vote for Mets cause, "Citrus bros gotta stick together".

I'd be fine voting for either one. The OP says that they're tied right now, so it's really just up to whoever the rest of the thread wants to lynch first.

Fence sitting, is content to sit back and let the rest of the town determine the momentum for the lunch

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wow, that is super loving scummy on Hiip's part. I'd be okay voting either way but a NL does the town no favors. Unless a few more people vote for Hiip I'm keeping my vote on Met.

More fence-sitting, even though at that point we had enough people who were vocally willing to switch to Hiip that he could have safely switched as well.

Shark also doesn't have anything whatsoever to say about AT, and also hasn't posted since the game reopened.

Harold Krell: I wasn't sure how to read Krell for the majority of the game, but I really don't like his posting.

Harold Krell posted:

Okay, at this point, now you're just acting out just to be a jerk. Stop that.

This is suppose to be a friendly game, so stop acting like a loving baby and start playing right.

If you are scum, just accept defeat and go with quiet dignity.

If you aren't scum, then you need to put your thoughts in order and actually respond with some type of meaningful response. All town is trying to find out the truth, so if you're feeling flustered and bewildered by circumstances, feel free to speak your mind. That's the point of Mafia: we talk things out.

If you really are just frustrated right now, we can also talk that out too. This is your time to explain your POV! ;)

Mafia Dadding while not adding to the conversation. What really sticks out, though, are his last two posts:

Harold Krell posted:

If this is true, then why didn't you say this when you first knew this?! :aaa:

Harold Krell posted:

More Mafia Dadding. Krell chastises the cop for not coming out as soon as he had a town result and not one that actually finds scum, even though claiming with a town result would be horrible play for the cop, as he'd get roleblocked or killed immediately. Krell also tries to cast doubt on SoS's claim, even though it now has a good result as far as he's concerned. I don't understand why, but it's derailing and doesn't help us scumhunt, which makes it pro-scum. If there's a Godfather, I wouldn't be surprised if Krell were it.

100YrsofAttitude: I was feeling pretty good about 100 until their last few posts:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

poo poo... I would've moved my vote back too. I just got in. It's probably a moot point now but ##vote fits. Sorry. Here I am used to having later deadlines, despite the fact they finally are convenient to my timezone.

I don't like this vote. It comes twenty minutes past deadline, and looks more like distancing from the no-lunch moreso than anything else.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote atrocious toaster. We need to be able to trust you.

First post after the copclaim. As I pointed out in my first few posts of the day, we're in MYLO, so either we hit scum today and continue playing, but if we miss, then it doesn't matter if we can trust SoS, because scum wins unless our Doctor hits, which is, all things considered, unlikely. If we weren't in MYLO, I probably wouldn't think much of this, but in context, it reads like a bus. If anyone voting for Toaster right now is scum, it's 100.

Those are my strongest reads right now. I'd also like to hear from cannonballs as to why he's so convinced fits is town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright, I might not be back in time for deadline, so I'm going to ##vote AtrociousToaster and hope that one of y'all is around in the next little bit to hammer. If SoS is scum and did a fake copclaim, then well done and GG scum. If not, then we have tomorrow, but I may well end up dead. Here's hoping that Toaster is a roleblocker and we get a chance of SoS being able to cop someone else tonight. Cannonballs, please, PLEASE post about why you think fits is town, because I just don't see it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##unvote I've said all I've had to say on the matter but where're the other voices?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##unvote I've said all I've had to say on the matter but where're the other voices?

:raise:

No thoughts at all on the massive post I made?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Really? Nobody?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Half-past midnight is a pretty awkward time for a deadline.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If you're here, post. We're less than an hour from deadline, and stand a very decent chance of no-lunching AGAIN, which is frankly unacceptable. 100, unless you're scum, put your vote back on Toaster, jfc.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Can we please lynch the guy who was investigated as not town. I think the scum team is Exakt, Scrap Dragon, and AT. Exakt's big post just reads to me like scum trying to throw poop at the wall to see what sticks.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Cannonballs, I promise you that I'm not scum. I don't entirely expect to live through the night, which is why I threw all of that out there. However, the people who haven't posted today need to show up and vote because we have like a half hour to deadline, and if we no-lunch again I am not going to handle it well.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Five minutes. 100 put your vote back or I am going to vig you tonight.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

soscannonballs posted:

Can we please lynch the guy who was investigated as not town. I think the scum team is Exakt, Scrap Dragon, and AT. Exakt's big post just reads to me like scum trying to throw poop at the wall to see what sticks.

Cannonballs, if I'm not dead in the morning, please case me. I want to see what you've got on me, and also, again, why you're so convinced that fits is town. Realistically, the only way you could know that is if you're scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Town, you can still save this. Tomorrow is going to be LYLO, so kill Toaster and go from there.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

At this point, I think it's best if we have another no lynch day. If it really is LYLO and we screw this up, we lose the game. Simple as that, really.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I tell, you are a ridiculous mafiaposter and I appreciate you, even if your posting is infuriatingly difficult to decipher.

My biggest scum reads at the moment are Toaster, for obvious reasons, cannonballs because in his last several posts he's done no casing of his own and has just dismissed my cases without justification and also refused to elaborate on his reads, especially his read on fits, and 100, because he played crazy weird around deadline and I don't trust him or his play. Krell is also on my radar because his play is weird and indecipherable, but he's less of a priority than the other three I mentioned. Mostly I'm super irritated because of how several people haven't even posted since the game reopened, and also because I've been roadblocks the last two nights, and as a town PR, especially what I am, that sucks a lot.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright, first paragraph should say Krell, not I tell, and the roadblocked in the body of the post should say roleblocked. Drunk mobile posting ftl.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I don't need to elaborate on my reads, I made a big post of who I thought was scum and why, and nothing has changed. Also you claimed a vig when there is no vig listed in the OP where Pmush listed the possible roles that could be in the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I completely dropped the ball there. Deadline was like 6 am for me and I still feel we need more information. I didn't want a quick hammer and ended up falling asleep despite my best attempts.

Fits, scrap, toaster are completely MIA. Krell shows up to talk about himself. Science of suck lays his cop claim, his results, votes and leaves. I trust him since he wasn't counter claimed, but I want to know why he did who he did or why he didn't cop who he didn't. Especially, cause those answers can put us on the right track.

If it weren't for the cop claim I'd be voting exakt for my given reasons and what's with the vig claim? First it doesn't exist, but arbitrarily killing is only going to push this game faster into the scum's hands.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
i picked players to investigate that i wasn't getting a read on and that i didn't think would get lynched or nightkilled

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Wow, I completely forgot about this game. My bad :ohdear: I'm guessing we're in nightphase now?

No one has counterclaimed cop, but then again the only person Science listed as scum still hasn't posted so I'm not 100% sure I believe him. I'm willing to give Toasted the botd until he posts/we get at least halfway to the next deadline without him posting.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wow, I completely forgot about this game. My bad :ohdear: I'm guessing we're in nightphase now?

No one has counterclaimed cop, but then again the only person Science listed as scum still hasn't posted so I'm not 100% sure I believe him. I'm willing to give Toasted the botd until he posts/we get at least halfway to the next deadline without him posting.

It's because he is your scum buddy.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I've been looking at this post for the past few days, and something about it seems eerily fishy to me. Is anyone else getting the same vibe from it?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
yeah do people still want to play this game?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
flip incoming

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You guys No Lynched!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
EXAKT Science Banana (Town Tracker) was murdered Night 4!

It is now Day 5!~

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (7): 100YrsofAttitude, AtrociousToaster, fits, Harold Krell, Scrap Dragon, soscannonballs, The Science of Suck

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 28th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 18 hours.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't usually do this but the game is now in ~lylo~

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just sent everyone a posting prod PM so we can get this game underway.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

yeah do people still want to play this game?

Apparently, you don't.

:slick: :drat: :iceburn: :drat: :slick:

Yeah, bitches! We're in LYLO!

For reference, this is what LYLO stands for:

Loser?
You are one!
LO...
L!

Since I don't think town will win, let's just be silly on this Thanksgiving holiday!

Yeah, I have a feeling this is going to be a nice time! I really do. ;)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Harold Krell posted:

Apparently, you don't.

:slick: :drat: :iceburn: :drat: :slick:

Yeah, bitches! We're in LYLO!

For reference, this is what LYLO stands for:

Loser?
You are one!
LO...
L!

Since I don't think town will win, let's just be silly on this Thanksgiving holiday!

Yeah, I have a feeling this is going to be a nice time! I really do. ;)

:ghost: No need to be smug about it, dude. Go town! :ghost:

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

You know, at this point I can just confirm that I'm scum right now, and my team would still win the next day.

But a win's a win, I guess! :downs:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
So is that it? Town no-lunches and then gets endgamed?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll give it another day considering the holidays.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Who are the other scum Harold

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Who are the other scum Harold

Whatever your heart desires. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody Died Day 5

• Locked thread