Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Best Buy has the deluxe WiiU bundle with Mario 3D Land, Nintendo Land, Smash Bros and DKC: Tropical Freeze for $360. I grabbed that Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sears has Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land for $7.48 each:

http://www.sears.com/nintendo-super-mario-3d-land/p-05841572000P?prdNo=1&sellerId=SEARS
http://www.sears.com/nintendo-mario-kart-7/p-05841970000P?prdNo=4&sellerId=SEARS

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So what is the deal with phoenix wright? Wasnt the new game coming out in december?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What new game? If you're talking about Dai Gyakuten Saiban, it's coming out in 2015 and hasn't even been confirmed for a localization yet.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
The trilogy for 3ds in america.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, 1. That's not a new game at all.

2. Yes, it's coming out December 9. If you haven't noticed, it's currently November.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

No, not yet. Although this is probably just the first step, I'm sure all that stuff will come around eventually. Region unlocking works with the Gateway flashcard though. And they just announced upcoming support for 9.0+ firmware.

There are a few translated games out there too. However, again, you'll need a Gateway.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, 1. That's not a new game at all.

2. Yes, it's coming out December 9. If you haven't noticed, it's currently November.

Trilogy is also Digital-only so make sure you have SD card space available (It'll also be cheaper than buying all three games individually which would set you back about $60 after tax on Amazon since chances are it'll be $40).

I don't get why they're releasing it this late though, the Japanese version already had the english translation embedded in the game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How long is PW: Dual Destinies going to be on sale?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Any UK Goons got some recommendations for Black Friday deals? Anything really, I got a series of long flights coing up and need to keep busy.

I recently got Kid Icarus and I am loving it so far.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh dear. I wonder what Nintendo is going to do with the butt-face monsters in Yokai Watch when they bring them over to America. I imagine they're probably just going to be cut from the game entirely. I know they've announced their intention to do so, but are they seriously bringing this game over? I imagine the delay is just meeting after meeting of Nintendo going 'And the monster that makes people need to go the bathroom, and the monster that has a butt for a face and is eternally farting, and the part where if you try to feed a fish-type monster fish they get angry and say 'I don't eat my friends'... yeah all of that needs to go'

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't think it's been officially confirmed that Nintendo is gonna be directly publishing and/or localising the game for Level-5, that's just an assumption based on their usual MO.

Alteisen posted:

How long is PW: Dual Destinies going to be on sale?

December 2 is the end date, I think.

Other games on sale on the NA eShop right now: Luigi's Mansion, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Azure Striker Gunvolt (might take a few hours for the sale price to kick in), Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns, The Keep (also on sale in PAL-land), Metroid 2, Wario Land 2/3.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 28, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Megasabin posted:

Those target deals are nice but only in person. Does anyone know of any good deals happening online between now and Monday?

You can order them for store pickup, if there's a Target near you. That's what I did.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Getsuya posted:

Oh dear. I wonder what Nintendo is going to do with the butt-face monsters in Yokai Watch when they bring them over to America. I imagine they're probably just going to be cut from the game entirely. I know they've announced their intention to do so, but are they seriously bringing this game over? I imagine the delay is just meeting after meeting of Nintendo going 'And the monster that makes people need to go the bathroom, and the monster that has a butt for a face and is eternally farting, and the part where if you try to feed a fish-type monster fish they get angry and say 'I don't eat my friends'... yeah all of that needs to go'

Actually, those all seem like the sort of thing Nintendo is ok with. They tend to shy away from anything legitimately upsetting, but a monster that is a butt that farts constantly is just really really weird, which Nintendo is pretty ok with.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They let Platinum dress Bayonetta like slutty Peach, I'm sure they'll be cool with Rectumon.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Getsuya posted:

You've heard of Wario, right

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They let Platinum dress Bayonetta like slutty Peach, I'm sure they'll be cool with Rectumon.

Hell, Platinum didn't even add that in at first. They tried to be respectful as possible and asked what they could and couldn't do. Nintendo outright told them to do whatever they wanted.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If you don't mind it being a non-new 3DS and bearing the shame of Love+ branding, the three different special edition 3DS LL's they made for that game are heavily discounted on amazon.jp

Not a spectacular price but still a decent $50-$50ish savings.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Any reason to worry about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call on sale?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Any reason to worry about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call on sale?

Not a one. Curtain Call has all the original tracks.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Nintendo America removed the butt from the can in the Chibi Robo eShop game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Nintendo is weird about butts. I was playing Shovel Knight in butt mode and posted like five screenshots on Miiverse and one of them got deleted by an admin. Just one.

truly a butt too terrible for children's eyes

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably just that one got reported by a random user.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Sodium Chloride posted:

Nintendo America removed the butt from the can in the Chibi Robo eShop game.
Nintendo Europe didn't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Crosspost from the eShop thread:

Another unlisted sale for NA dudes: Korg M01D and DSN-12 are 50% off until December 1, $17 and $19 respectively. This is the first time either one has gone on sale, I think.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Crosspost from the eShop thread:

Another unlisted sale for NA dudes: Korg M01D and DSN-12 are 50% off until December 1, $17 and $19 respectively. This is the first time either one has gone on sale, I think.

They're also both excellent and well worth their full price, so they're a bit of a steal at that price.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Someone mashed up the battle themes in Persona Q and it loving works. Very Good Game.

Or if you'd prefer the P4 theme pitched down to meet P3's tempo...

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Pork Pie Hat posted:

They're also both excellent and well worth their full price, so they're a bit of a steal at that price.

What are these games? Can you give a brief explanation?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wildtortilla posted:

What are these games? Can you give a brief explanation?

They're not games, they're digital recreations of two different musical instruments by KORG. M01D is a sample-based, MIDI-compatible digital sequencer and DSN-12 is a full analogue synth. They're very powerful and faithful to the hardware they're emulating but not something to get if you don't have the patience to figure them out, I think.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

They're not games, they're digital recreations of two different musical instruments by KORG. M01D is a sample-based, MIDI-compatible digital sequencer and DSN-12 is a full analogue synth. They're very powerful and faithful to the hardware they're emulating but not something to get if you don't have the patience to figure them out, I think.

Pretty much exactly this. Considering they're on the 3DS they're both powerful and actually useful. There's plenty of videos on youtube of what people have managed to wring out of them. Be warned though, that neither of them has any kind of tutorial, so the learning curve can be steep. Very satisfying though, if you do decide to dive in.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
A Japanese Club Nintendo code if it helps anyone! BCN0CIGF8YB6Q4XX

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Pretty much exactly this. Considering they're on the 3DS they're both powerful and actually useful. There's plenty of videos on youtube of what people have managed to wring out of them. Be warned though, that neither of them has any kind of tutorial, so the learning curve can be steep. Very satisfying though, if you do decide to dive in.

How much more powerful/useful are they then Korg DS-10 Plus(Which I already have on cart, I'm not just trying to be cheap)?

EDIT: Also, just got a new 2DS after selling my 3DS while between jobs. Loving some of the new games that came out between then and now. Don't really miss the 3D at all.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 30, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So it looks like Nintendo might be phasing out the 3DS XL in favor of the New 3DS XL, at least in Japan. All of their "3DS LL" are now listed as having their scheduled production end.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Just buy Electroplankton, duh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28UDxIQiaIY

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

univbee posted:

If you don't mind it being a non-new 3DS and bearing the shame of Love+ branding, the three different special edition 3DS LL's they made for that game are heavily discounted on amazon.jp

Not a spectacular price but still a decent $50-$50ish savings.

Be still my heart.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are there any pics of the 3DS, New 3DS and New/Old 3DS XL all next to each other? I'm thinking of going for the smaller New 3DS, I just want to make sure it's not too small.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The New 3DS's screen is a little larger than the regular 3DS screen (15% or something?) but the system itself is only fractionally wider/thicker:

EDIT: google'd a pic

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cool, I'll be picking up the smaller one then. Thanks!

Also, I picked up Yumi's Odd Odyssey because some goons suggested it and for $10 I feel like I paid double of what I should. The controls are quite awful and I'm pretty sure this is how they were on the SNES but jesus christ you could of at least utilized the circle pad and should buttons to reel in an out.

Pretty awful.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sire Oblivion posted:

Are there any pics of the 3DS, New 3DS and New/Old 3DS XL all next to each other? I'm thinking of going for the smaller New 3DS, I just want to make sure it's not too small.

It's more or less the same size as the old 3DS. It's slightly larger in all dimensions, like millimeters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sire Oblivion posted:

Cool, I'll be picking up the smaller one then. Thanks!

Also, I picked up Yumi's Odd Odyssey because some goons suggested it and for $10 I feel like I paid double of what I should. The controls are quite awful and I'm pretty sure this is how they were on the SNES but jesus christ you could of at least utilized the circle pad and should buttons to reel in an out.

Pretty awful.

You can configure the controls in the options to your liking.

• Locked thread