Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
*alnost dies*

*immediately posts about it on Internet forum*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

ghlbtsk posted:

If I didn't wear a bike helmet (like many suicidal morons don't) I would have had my brains splattered on no less than three occasions.
I gave up bike commuting because I value my life.

i always find it amusing when campaigners of the no helmet law die because of head injuries suffered on a bike that could've been prevented by the wearing of a helmet.

darwin at work.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

get back to me when you actually die.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Haywood posted:

*alnost dies*

i have gbs on speed dial

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fandyien posted:

i'm contemplating a conversion to some kind of deism so i can at least thank provenance or some other abstract force because i got insanely lucky thanks to my driving skillz

wish God had at least taken away your hands and made it harder for you to post

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I almost died in a head-on when some bumpkin swerved into my lane late at night.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haywood posted:

*alnost dies*

Eh, I don't think it's that weird.

I decided I didn't really need to go to Wal-Mart, came home, sat down in my computer chair while I thought about how I could easily not have ever been in this room again, girlfriend was at work so I couldn't phone her, the screen of my computer showed me making a post that I wouldn't have made if I'd known what was about to happen, I had to talk to someone, even if it was :pwn: Goons :pwn:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

when i die i have arranged for my computer to auto post goatse in every subforum and then self destruct

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ethanol posted:

when i die i have arranged for my computer to auto post goatse in every subforum and then self destruct

the goatman switch

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I almost died in your arms tonight

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Dammit op, you weren't supposed to dodge.
Let me try again.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if i had to come up with a videogame analogy for this experience, i would compare it to a quick time event.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Also my dog was happy to see me, which is usual, but it has special meaning when you don't take it for granted :3:

In summary: Life is cool and good

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

get hosed obrien

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

All I have is my console in my transporter room, gently caress if you'll take that away from me I have a union and enough IRA irish blood to gently caress you up

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Sir John Feelgood posted:

That feeling you got, that you "almost died," has a reciprocal feeling in the ghost community. It's the precarious feeling of being "almost born."

Stay safe traffic ghost

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my cat ignored me when i came home which is also usual. didnt think to savor it though

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fandyien posted:

my cat ignored me when i came home which is also usual. didnt think to savor it though

Cats are souless death machines and would prefer you dead, take no pleasure in their apathy.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My dog set himself on fire once in the car when I was a kid.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Joust posted:

Don't die, I like your av.

me too, it's got a sort of Charleston rhythm to it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

me too, it's got a sort of Charleston rhythm to it

What would happen to my av if I died? Would O'Brien just keep fighting until the end of SA and or mankind?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Windows 98 posted:

Too bad you didn't

coldblooded... yet incredibly win

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I mean eventually his cursed Irish luck has got to run out, right?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Like at some point he has to go home to his harpy Asian wife...

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Eat some Replicator potatoes, listen to his loving annoying Asian-Irish halfbreed kids...

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Professor Shark posted:

What would happen to my av if I died? Would O'Brien just keep fighting until the end of SA and or mankind?

unfortunately no, dead users get permabanned

we don't need a bunch of ghost assholes haunting up the forums

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Oh well OP there's always tomorrow

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
sisko cucked cakehole, past it on

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

permabanning someone for dying is kind of like erecting a cyber grave

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

unfortunately no, dead users get permabanned

we don't need a bunch of ghost assholes haunting up the forums

gently caress that, my girlfriend isn't going to deign herself to telling you losers I'm dead, she'll be too deep in black cock

O'BRIEN AND THE SHARK LIVE

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Fandyien posted:

so i was driving home and someone ran a red light when i was going throuhg the intersection at 40mph, i had to slam the brakes and almost flipped my car trying to avoid a disastrous t-boning. they started yelling at me and then someone in a truck told me "god saved my life" and confirmed it wasn' teven remotely my fault

this makes me want to start taking the bus.

what are your horrible driving stories, goons?

Your avatar irks the poo poo out of me, get a new one I'll buy it ,

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harime Nui posted:

Always assume other drivers are dangerous retards and act accordingly, IMO

It helps to just assume other people in general are dangerous retards. I cringe when some idiot walks out in to the street and assumes a car will slow down for them

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
It was the Borg, the Borg saved your life

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I was coming up to a 4 way stop and some rear end in a top hat turning right, on my left hand side didn't turn the wheel nearly enough and almost hit me. It was summer so all my windows were down and I yelled "What the gently caress!?" as I swerved to dodge him. I guess he took this as an insult for almost hitting me head on, cause I took a left and got stopped by a train. A minute goes by and this crazy looking skinhead comes running up to my car like "You wanna loving fight?!?" This guy was pretty skinny so I figured between me and my brother we could take him, but my brother freaked out and drove away into the oncoming lane to get away as this dude punched this poo poo out of our Moms car. We were in Highschool. We called the cops about the damage to our car, but because we instigated it, he said there was nothing he could do. Thanks for nothing cops, next time I'll grabbing the mag light under the seat.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Glad you're still alive OP.

Life is death, and will take us all.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
This reminded me of when a 60 year old female English Professor rambled on for 30 minutes about how she had a near-death experience in which she saw bright headlights driving dow the road with her mom and she got scared and drove off the road. Her car swerved out of control and she ended up at the opposite side of the road going the other way and "was completely fine but wow, near-death experience XD." I wanted to kill myself in that moment and had an epiphany that "wow" some people are completely oblivious to death and have never been through anything in their entire lives, but their somehow minimal perspective tells them that they're masters of it. I mean "wow" she read so many literature books about the human experience "wow" she's also almost about to actually die from old age. But is completely clueless, like a babby.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the other night i almost got into a combined 80+ mph head on collision with a pickup because he was trying to pass another car and was in my lane heading at me on a two lane highway and coming through a curve. I saw two pairs of headlights and because they had different levels of brightness it was not immediately obvious that he was not simply following the other car very closely through the curve. i hit the brakes and the pickup threaded the needle between the two cars so narrowly i could have reached out my window and touched his driver side door. this happens relatively often around here, at least several times a year it seems.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the other night i almost got into a combined 80+ mph head on collision with a pickup because he was trying to pass another car and was in my lane heading at me on a two lane highway and coming through a curve. I saw two pairs of headlights and because they had different levels of brightness it was not immediately obvious that he was not simply following the other car very closely through the curve. i hit the brakes and the pickup threaded the needle between the two cars so narrowly i could have reached out my window and touched his driver side door. this happens relatively often around here, at least several times a year it seems.

I think it's time to move away from the racetrack

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Sweet, Glad you're still alive bro,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

redshirt posted:

Sweet, Glad you're still alive bro,

sup redshirt

• Locked thread