Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

it can be very difficult to train out inherent characteristics of dogs. sometimes you think you succeed but it turns out you did not. and given the difficulty of training pit bulls, even by experts, it makes no sense for this breed to be available to the drooling public.

there has been a lot of bad breeding too with idiots crossbreeding pitbulls with poo poo like bulldogs and mastiffs and other working dogs which have been bred for other purposes like hunting or attacking people as working/guard dogs

so now whenever those hosed up bloodlines reproduce you're rolling the dice on which set of conflicting instincts are going to win out especially when combined with bad training, bad environment, stress etc

if we're going to do away with a breed today though it should be bulldogs and pugs and all those hosed up skull dogs because their life is pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

it's really funny how everyone acknowledges that breeds have different temperaments and personalities. until it involves pit bulls, then it's totally impossible that some breeds might be more inclined to murder things.

are some breeds of Humans more inclined to murder than others Concerned Citizen?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Trees and Squids posted:

are some breeds of Humans more inclined to murder than others Concerned Citizen?
im more inclined to murder you :twisted:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dogs were bred for different things

some dogs were bred to herd animals

some dogs were bred to help hunt

and some dogs were bred to maul other animals to pieces.

The main issue is that not that "pit bulls" were bred for animal fighting or aggression, it's that they've mostly been bred at random for profit in order to fulfill growing demand for dogs that look and act like complete drooling retards 100% of the time (see also: pugs.) Their ancestors 50 or 60 years ago were bred for animal fighting and they were relatively easy to train and control, so pit bull attacks weren't nearly as prevalent. Then they got popular and people cranked out as many of them as possible mixed with whatever was handy, so the genetic pedigree of a modern pit bull is pretty much equivalent to the floor stains in the back room of an adult bookstore. You might get a dog predisposed to cuddle babies or you might get one predisposed to eat them--every pit bull is a new adventure!!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

darkwing cuck posted:

gently caress you and die there's nothing loving inherently evil about a dog breed
What about the dog from The Omen???

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

people who are afraid of dogs are pussies

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Gabriel Pope posted:

The main issue is that not that "pit bulls" were bred for animal fighting or aggression, it's that they've mostly been bred at random for profit in order to fulfill growing demand for dogs that look and act like complete drooling retards 100% of the time (see also: pugs.) Their ancestors 50 or 60 years ago were bred for animal fighting and they were relatively easy to train and control, so pit bull attacks weren't nearly as prevalent. Then they got popular and people cranked out as many of them as possible mixed with whatever was handy, so the genetic pedigree of a modern pit bull is pretty much equivalent to the floor stains in the back room of an adult bookstore. You might get a dog predisposed to cuddle babies or you might get one predisposed to eat them--every pit bull is a new adventure!!
i tell people if you got a lazy pibull, ur safe. if you got a high energy super lovable one, that that is its huge prey drive which can switch on out of nowhere. i had one that was super sweet with everybody and everything when young, and after not being exposed to children or other dogs for a few years, decide that they are both very delicious looking things when it next saw them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

people who are afraid of dogs are pussies
no its not just cats, people can be afraid of dogs too

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This story has at least 5 things wrong with America, try to find them to not win a prize because you're all undeserving

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
If you think about it pitbulls are the most autistic dog

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i defy you to show me a dalmation that isn't retarded

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Trees and Squids posted:

some people are certainly more inclined to murder than others. if i spent many generations breeding people based on their ability to kill i'd probably eventually get some hosed up peeps

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the only dog anyone should own is a portuguese water dog named bo. you can have multiple if you like, but they all must be named bo

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Of all the dog breeds I choose the one designed to fight and kill other animals:twisted:

*10 seconds later* my children...!

naem
May 29, 2011

Horses are neato and you can pet their nose and feed them a carrot I bet that's fun.

I PROBABLY don't need a Clydesdale in my apartment building though.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I would chose a pitbull over a poodle any day.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we domesticated foxes from their ferocious natural state to affectionate toward humans in only 8 generations (8 years) solely through selective breeding
if you think breeding for behavior is dismissible as science fiction youre either a complete nut or applying principles of human psychology ill fittingly to dogs

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

this is a dumb story and I hope that family's house has a christmas eve carbon monoxide leak

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Why does a girl need a service dog if she's tarded? Is she blind too?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BigBoss posted:

most likely the dog stops her from wandering into the middle of the road or sticking her head in a trash compacter

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Biology is bullshiat the reason there are so few women's prisons is becuase the patriachy instills violent tendencies into men

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BigBoss posted:

It's not a service dog. Pit bulls are not service dogs.
But there are stupid laws in CA that let you apply to have your pet be your "service" dog so you can bring it with you places and whine about how you need it there abloo abloo.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

concerned mom posted:

This story has at least 5 things wrong with America, try to find them to not win a prize because you're all undeserving

I'll go ahead and name the obvious 2 if someone'll get the tail-end for me

celebrating that holiday and big money corporate things like malls being allowed to exist.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
how do murder dogs for idiots react to girls having their period for the first time ?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Waltzing Along posted:

It's not a service dog. Pit bulls are not service dogs.
But there are stupid laws in CA that let you apply to have your pet be your "service" dog so you can bring it with you places and whine about how you need it there abloo abloo.

Some bitch brought a service pig on a plane this week.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Golden Retriever = Lawful Good
Yellow Lab = Chaotic Good
Corgi = Neutral Good
Doberman = Lawful Neutral
Chocolate Lab = Chaotic Neutral
German Shepherd = Neutral Evil
Pitbull = Lawful Evil
Rottweiler = Chaotic Evil

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Luvcow posted:

Corgi = Neutral Good
Pitbull = Lawful Evil

where do old english sheepdogs fall into this

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

where do old english sheepdogs fall into this

I'm honestly not sure. :ohdear:

I missed a lot of breeds and lent out my dog handbook. Neutral Good maybe?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

naem posted:

Horses are neato and you can pet their nose and feed them a carrot I bet that's fun.

I PROBABLY don't need a Clydesdale in my apartment building though.

Horses are assholes though. A horse isn't smart enough to have a sense of morality, but it is drat sure smart enough to be cunning, devious, or spiteful.

*Wears a "The French were right" t-shirt*

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Reminder that once pitbulls reach maturity and become horses they are virtually indistinguishable from horses that matured from different breeds.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Luvcow posted:

Corgi = Neutral Good
Pitbull = Lawful Evil

Flat Coated Retrievers are literally the nicest dogs on earth and its a crime you omittde them

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

az posted:

Flat Coated Retrievers are literally the nicest dogs on earth and its a crime you omittde them

I know... :eng99:

I left out hounds, beagles, dachshunds.....

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hey im an average member of the public i saw a stocky dog attack something once i know it was a pitbull because i can tell dog breeds instantly by sight as can everybody who contributed to dog attack statistics

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

what happened to the good ol days when parents sent their retardo kids to state run facilities and never visited

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

haljordan posted:

what happened to the good ol days when parents sent their retardo kids to state run facilities and never visited

They send them to privately run facilities and never visit instead. :smith:

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Luvcow posted:

They send them to privately run facilities and never visit instead. :smith:

Or they buy them a pit bull.

And wait.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

saying all pitbulls are dangerous is like saying all black people are dangerous

its dog racism, simple as that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Why didn't they name the kid XXYY?

After the number of extra chromosomes

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

chaosbreather posted:

saying all pitbulls are dangerous is like saying all black people are dangerous

its dog racism, simple as that

I already made a chart for this...
:ughh:

Luvcow posted:

Corgi = Neutral Good
Pitbull = Lawful Evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Waltzing Along posted:

Here's a nice Xmas list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

It starts to get really exciting in 2003.

Kill all pit bulls in shelters. Kill any pit bulls that show up in shelters. If people breed them properly, sure let a few wander around. But don't let any dumb rear end just walk in and get one because that is all that is available.

That site is full of wonderful stories

quote:

The boy was killed when visiting the trailer where the dogs lived to check on one that he had hit earlier in the day with his go-cart. The boy's father and cousins were accused of burning the trailer where the dogs lived in retaliation.

• Locked thread