Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They'd literally have to pan past an old wooden sign hanging off an old stone wall that says LAZARUS PIT THIS WAY -----> while Ra's winks at the camera to quell the nerd rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

They'd literally have to pan past an old wooden sign hanging off an old stone wall that says LAZARUS PIT THIS WAY -----> while Ra's winks at the camera to quell the nerd rage

They would probably do this, but in Arabic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh no Ra's killed Laurel.

By the way I didn't tell you this before but the League actually doesn't train people. These awesome Lazarus Pits give you all the martial knowledge of anyone who has used one. Anyway bye.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Lycus posted:

You'd have to be pretty dumb to think that there's any chance that they wouldn't bring him back, though.

I merely stated what would happen. And it would. You know it, I know it. Someone, somewhere (most people actually) would explode. Its why I am consistently surprised that this and Flash are as good as they are.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Ras could also say something like "well maybe its not over, you know the story of Lazarus," there could be flashbacks to sara actually dying and being brought back (no subtlety either, someone would boggle and say SHE WAS DEAD!) and text could appear on the screen saying Oliver was going to come back next time.

And people would still complain that he died and came back.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
They should just combine Flash and Arrow and make one show that is just them teaming up. Hell even just make it a third show and let them keep their own shows too.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

MrFlibble posted:

I merely stated what would happen. And it would. You know it, I know it.

I always want to think the best of people that watch the shows that I watch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver Queen will return...

In Arrow Season 3.5!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

But nerds are precisely the audience who would know about Ra's and whole temporariness of death thing. In fact I'm sure a bunch of people will be like, "They really should be pronouncing it Raysh" :smug:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This got me wondering -- is there any DC representation of Los Angeles or a Los Angeles-like city? All the fictional ones are based on cities further east. I know Ollie ends up in Seattle or something, but California seems absent?

I think the official explanation in the comics is that DC has all the real world cities. They just also have all the fictional cities. Gotham City is supposed to be in New Jersey, for example.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Having Ras straight up kill Oliver would be fantastic. Then he comes back because " Lazarus Pit".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, Kaite's boots?

Is it not clear that it's cold outside and she wears them to keep her feet warm in shots where he feet don't need to be visible? Do we all not know how television works?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

So uh, Kaite's boots?

Is it not clear that it's cold outside and she wears them to keep her feet warm in shots where he feet don't need to be visible? Do we all not know how television works?

I feel like this had been resolved already before your post.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Rhyno posted:

So uh, Kaite's boots?

Who are you talking to?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus that's not even why.

Actors wear more comfortable shoes in closer shots because heels make doing anything annoying.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Hollismason posted:

Having Ras straight up kill Oliver would be fantastic. Then he comes back because " Lazarus Pit".

That actually does seem like a probable scenario to me, though. It seems unlikely they'd introduce and then either kill off or eliminate Ra's Al Ghul so soon after introducing him, halfway through the season. Their agenda is to legitimize him as a threat.

I'm predicting that Ra's actually does have some connection to Sara's death, or at least that he sanctioned it because of his disregard for Sara and Nyssa's relationship. That'd do a good job of convincing Nyssa to ally herself with Ollie (and probably Merlyn and Thea by extension) in an ongoing A-plot fighting the League.

And, of course, if Ollie dies fighting Ra's, Nyssa would actually know how a Lazarus Pit works. Which is a more realistic reason for Ollie to be thrown into one...Ra's probably wouldn't kill a challenger and then resurrect him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm still unconvinced that they're going to introduce Lazarus Pits to the relatively grounded Arrow, but I'm prepared to be wrong.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

I'm still unconvinced that they're going to introduce Lazarus Pits to the relatively grounded Arrow, but I'm prepared to be wrong.

Mirakuru only grows around Lazarus Pits.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But nerds are precisely the audience who would know about Ra's and whole temporariness of death thing. In fact I'm sure a bunch of people will be like, "They really should be pronouncing it Raysh" :smug:

They really should be pronouncing it Raysh.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

It'd probably be more palatable if they did an "only mostly dead" thing and that Lazarus Pits have super healing properties or something. And honestly, I think Oliver somehow being incapacitated by his fight is very plausible, considering Amell has said that his shooting schedule for the next three episodes after the mid-season finale was extremely light.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soylentbits posted:

Yeah it's wrecking my head too.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Soylentbits posted:

It bothers me, too. :colbert:

Not because I think one way is right or more accurate or anything, mind you, but just because I grew up hearing it said one way, in a really awesome show, so that's what I'm used to now. :smith:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Bad Moon posted:

If the League is employing hollow boned dubstep spawn they have become everything they hate

Gaz-L posted:

"To eliminate evil, one must first understand it. Talia... drop the bass."

Ha, well I was thinking that if that were the case, then "Douchebag DJ" wasn't actually a real person, that he was a persona of a spy/actor guy who works for the League who was only pretending to be a surfer DJ bro in order to get close to Thea because they figured that would be the sort of person she would be into.

And that would be an explanation of why he's such a caricature verging on parody, because was basically a persona artificially created to answer the question "What type of person would a stupid shallow 19 year old American girl be into?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

XboxPants posted:

It bothers me, too. :colbert:

Not because I think one way is right or more accurate or anything, mind you, but just because I grew up hearing it said one way, in a really awesome show, so that's what I'm used to now. :smith:

Apparently both ways it's pronounced are wrong! :eng101:

I like the current way because it makes people very angry.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I kind of like that Nyssa, his daughter, is the only one who pronounces his name "Raysh."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
EDM DJ's the worst people in the world. Just below Trap DJ's and House DJ's.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

MildShow posted:

It'd probably be more palatable if they did an "only mostly dead" thing and that Lazarus Pits have super healing properties or something. And honestly, I think Oliver somehow being incapacitated by his fight is very plausible, considering Amell has said that his shooting schedule for the next three episodes after the mid-season finale was extremely light.

This week on Arrow...The Hunt For Oliver Queen... part one:

Starring.... BLACK DRIVER!

http://youtu.be/7BLoK-at-kQ

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's with the hipster-emo music?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

What's with the hipster-emo music?

It's cheaper than good music to license, maybe?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MildShow posted:

It'd probably be more palatable if they did an "only mostly dead" thing and that Lazarus Pits have super healing properties or something.

"There's no time, we need to get him to help before he goes completely dead!"
"A Lazarus pit?"
"No, Miracle Max."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Of course the DJ is working for the League of Assassins, if he isn't then the scenes he was in are the most aggressively pointless scenes in the history of television.

As to whether or not they would include the Lazarus pit in Arrow, he's teamed up with the Flash. In this relatively grounded show, there was a guy who could run at the speed of sound. They can't unring that bell, and it would be stupid to try. The Lazarus pit is totally a possibility.

Ras killing Oliver, Oliver coming back and having to step up his game to a whole new level would be perfect. Afterwards he can take on the metahumans that are gonna crop up, but it happened on the Arrow's (the tv show's) terms, and isn't just a reaction to the existence of The Flash (the tv show)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They could have a few episodes of evil, crazy Ollie after he's resurrected and suffering from the Lazarus Crazies.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I just finished watching Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow, and episode 1 of The Flash. Is there a particular order I should be watching season 3 and The Flash in? I heard there is a crossover so I don't want to do it out of order and marginally decrease my enjoyment.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
watch as per the air dates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a pair of episodes where Felicity is on Flash and missing for most of the accompanying Arrow episode but it doesn't affect anything.

You don't gain anything from either show watching them interlaced.

The crossover is the most recent episodes of each, episode 8 of both shows. It doesn't matter what order you watch until then. Flash first, then Arrow for the crossover.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

They could have a few episodes of evil, crazy Ollie after he's resurrected and suffering from the Lazarus Crazies.

Yay another rehash of Roy going crazy or Ollie in the early days. yay.

yay. yay

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They'll do the crossover again, but reversed.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Or Oliver just winds up thinking he's an ostrich and spends an episode with his heard buried in a pile of garbage behind the club.

EDIT: while in this state he also mistakes The a for his mate and whenever the Douchejockey tries to to get close to Ollie squawks at him and tries to peck at him.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 6, 2014

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Lycus posted:

They'll do the crossover again, but reversed.

In a hilarious mix-up, Barry goes to Starling while Oliver simultaneously goes to Central and the guys show up only to find that the other guy's not there because he went to the other place and Oliver has to spend the episode stopping a metahuman while Barry deals with some take-no-poo poo ninja assassins.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

boom boom boom posted:

Of course the DJ is working for the League of Assassins, if he isn't then the scenes he was in are the most aggressively pointless scenes in the history of television.

As to whether or not they would include the Lazarus pit in Arrow, he's teamed up with the Flash. In this relatively grounded show, there was a guy who could run at the speed of sound. They can't unring that bell, and it would be stupid to try. The Lazarus pit is totally a possibility.

Ras killing Oliver, Oliver coming back and having to step up his game to a whole new level would be perfect. Afterwards he can take on the metahumans that are gonna crop up, but it happened on the Arrow's (the tv show's) terms, and isn't just a reaction to the existence of The Flash (the tv show)

I would still say resurrection is another step up. Yes, the flash guesting means full superpowers could now be in play, but at the same time being able to bring back the dead potentially kills a a lot of the drama. If death is not final, it under cuts the way the arrow is plotted. Repeatedly the show has used death of a loved one as the principle motivation for its characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm sorry if this is a touchy subject and I really don't want to bog the thread down so if someone can point me to an explanation of the correct pronunciation of Ra's Al Ghul I'd be thankful. I always imagined it in my head as Ra's so when I finally heard it as a mix of Ra's/Resh/Raysh I've been confused.

• Locked thread