Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
One of the MCIs for 0311s discusses cooking off grenades, so while it is retarded as gently caress, it is apparently something Marines can officially receive training on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
How's it retarded as gently caress? It's pretty handy if you're dropping a grenade down something or only throwing it a short distance and you need to kill off a few seconds so the jerk offs you're trying to kill don't get away or throw it back at you. Frag fuses have about 5 seconds after the spoon is released. You'd know that if you did your Dropping Grenades into Toilets MCI

Cooking off anything that isn't a frag is retarded because their fuses are a lot shorter. There was a Marine in my battalion that lost a hand when someone cooked off a flash bang and handed it to him to throw into a building. Well a flash fuse is only 1-2 seconds long so you can probably figure out what happened.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 5, 2014

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

elite_garbage_man posted:

How's it retarded as gently caress?

You're relying on army equipment to do EXACTLY as it's supposed to.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, only time you're taught to cook a grenade is when you're clearing a bunker, and you're already within arms-length of an opening. Let the spoon fly, count to two, throw it in there and roll away and yell 'frag out'. Did you guys not bother with IMT in basic or what? Maybe it was just an infantry thing.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
idk, I got to play with a live frag (in training) and really had no desire for any portion of those ~4-6 seconds~ before it kills everything to occur any closer to me than necessary.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think you really get comfortable around explosives, you're either respectful or you're complacent. Try not to be the latter.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Wear eye pro and you'll be OK

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elite_garbage_man posted:

Wear a reflective belt and you'll be OK

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
wrap your slam piece in one before you bury it if you don't want kids

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

USMC503 posted:

One of the MCIs for 0311s discusses cooking off grenades, so while it is retarded as gently caress, it is apparently something Marines can officially receive training on.
Let's be real for a moment: "High risk of injury or death for participants" has never been a good enough reason to cancel training.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nightcrawler is a good movie. Jake Gyllenhaal plays an asperger goon.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Let's be real for a moment: "High risk of injury or death for participants" has never been a good enough reason to cancel training.

Or provide decent equipment.

Or leadership.

Or give a poo poo about enlisted.

Or have decent barracks.

Or anything else that might get in the way of those sweet sweet medals and promotions.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nightcrawler is a good movie. Jake Gyllenhaal plays an asperger goon.

ya hes good

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It was good, but his character arc was essentially flat. He starts out a sociopathic aspie and ends the movie a rich sociopathic aspie.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dead Reckoning posted:

It was good, but his character arc was essentially flat. He starts out a sociopathic aspie and ends the movie a rich sociopathic aspie.

Well what can you really expect from a sociopathic aspie?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Grenade cooking chat- I have never done it, but I was taught be some old hands some of the old school techniques like air bursting cooked grenades (cook it 2 seconds, toss it high over bad guys) and to always throw grenades at night before you shoot because the bad guy can pin point a frag. It was some cool poo poo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cooking the live grenade was just my squad if I remember correctly. But cooking training grenades was required for knocking out a bunker for you EIB. It is in the 7-8

E: wrong FM I'm dumb.

tyler fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 5, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Our grenade training in basic was basically us walking around the woods of Ft. Leonard Wood, signing off our own sheets so we got expert, and throwing the one grenade into a pit.

We also had a milk crate of them in the humvee when I was in Iraq. We never used them.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You're triggering me. That's the old ROTC bible.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That is the infantry Bible in general.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I thought I had stumbled into the army or marines thread, what with the retarded amount of terrible ideas and dick waving that don't involve weed, booze, and women floating around in the veterans thread.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

So much time wasted reenacting Vietnam in the woods of central Illinois

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

So much time wasted reenacting Vietnam in the woods of central Illinois

It made being OPFOR on movement to contact fun. Wasting a whole squad with paintballs because they were pretty much walking on top of you without noticing made labs worthwhile.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
N4I post that slow cooked Mac and cheese recipe. I actually might have time to make it this weekend (lol no)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

It made being OPFOR on movement to contact fun. Wasting a whole squad with paintballs because they were pretty much walking on top of you without noticing made labs worthwhile.

gently caress, your battalion had budget for paintballs? I spent four years in the woods shouting "bang"with rubber ducks and barely, JUST barely, knew better than to whine about the pointless interruptions to my liberal arts education. I did not get much smarter as the years went on, either.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

gently caress, your battalion had budget for paintballs? I spent four years in the woods shouting "bang"with rubber ducks and barely, JUST barely, knew better than to whine about the pointless interruptions to my liberal arts education. I did not get much smarter as the years went on, either.

I was also S4. Guess who cleaned equipment and filled CO2 tanks?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

During our field exercise I used to hold my rifle up over my head sideways with one hand and go "ta dow ta dow mother fucker!" until my black LT. said that I wasn't hood enough to do that.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
just replaced my 3 year old droid bionic with an iphone 6. This thing is loving rad. I think I'm just saying that because it's snappy as hell compared to my 3 year old droid bionic. Basically like going straight from windows ME to windows 8

5 cooked frags out of 5

Get This Gadget

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Vasudus posted:

N4I post that slow cooked Mac and cheese recipe. I actually might have time to make it this weekend (lol no)

I gotchu bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/crockpot-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe.html

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't get it. What's so special about the slow cooker except that it makes the exact same thing, but four times slower?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

I don't get it. What's so special about the slow cooker except that it makes the exact same thing, but four times slower?

It makes things better.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

It makes things better.

But hoooooooowww :3

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

But hoooooooowww :3

Extra time means you will be drunker and hungrier when it's done.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeris posted:

You just dump poo poo in and wait.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Zeris posted:

the cheese & flavors get more time to soak into the pasta.
so it tastes better.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
you're all the guy from nightcrawler if you don't get how awesome a loving crockpot is

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

krispykremessuck posted:

you're all the guy from nightcrawler if you don't get how awesome a loving crockpot is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

slow cooker is for nerds who can't cook, dutch oven put in the oven on low is where its at, that way you can brown your poo poo on the stove before it slow cooks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread