Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think it could have been an okay cop show, but it's just a few degrees too campy for me to like it.

Terrible, inauthentic dialogue that only sounds normal if you don't experience language outside of network programming.

It reminds me a lot of Caprica with the ugly stylized 50's thing it has going on, plus everyone they meet in the Pilot is a future character in the Batman mythos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Caprica was all I needed to hear. That you for sparing me this POS.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

iO9 LIED to me!? They said this was the second coming!!

:saddowns:

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
campy is just what we need

vamp the camp

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It has a couple actors from The Wire in it, even though they are in unsuitable roles, so that's always okay.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
It's batman: babies. It could've been way worse.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Alfred's kinda cool.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Its actually pretty good.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Alfred's kinda cool.

His Dad was Dr Who.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Its actually pretty good.

Nah it's pretty bad, I guess a step up from Soap Operas, but still not good.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
never seen it but the commercials make it seems like they are throwing every single batman thing possible into it

like bane and the riddler and azrael probably all work in the donut shop that jim gordon goes to every morning or something

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

People tell me Firefly is great but it kind of is poo poo so...!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
why is every show a cop show, even this show named 'the librarian' on FX guess what they do in that one. Well they solve murders

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

sexy young infidel posted:

why is every show a cop show, even this show named 'the librarian' on FX guess what they do in that one. Well they solve murders

people love a murder mystery that is neatly resolved in 45 minutes with commercial breaks

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What genius decided that The loving Penguin was the most famous of the Batman villains and thought making him a main character was a good idea?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
You should be watching Constantine instead, pal! :arghfist:

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

You should be watching Constantine instead, pal! :arghfist:

lost interest when i heard he couldn't smoke

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

This is only episode I saw, my roommate was watching it.

Seemed pretty bland and neither of us has watched it sense.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmAntvPbzTE

Alfred is awesome and gives no fucks.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

What genius decided that The loving Penguin was the most famous of the Batman villains and thought making him a main character was a good idea?

the same person who decided 45 minutes needs to be split into 5 different arcs every time

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

santa claus murdered the werewolf and the library crew is on the case!!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
tina solve teh murder

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin is really the only Batman part that works, aside from that, it's a bad cop show with Batman elements forced in.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
who said it was a great show? everyone said it was mediocre, at absolutely best.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

OldMemes posted:

Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin is really the only Batman part that works

tina solve teh murder

We need Jessica Fletcher to come back. I'm not sure if Angela Lansbury is dead though.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Professor Shark posted:

are you kidding that dude carries the entire show

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
also lol if yr complaining that something is too campy when the source material lists an actual given name of poo poo like "e nigma". basically by making it about bat man as a child they've managed to make something bat man related that is oddly less childish

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
The only good tv shows past present and future are kung fu and the voice

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
yah it's network garbage op for people with child minds

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

also lol if yr complaining that something is too campy when the source material lists an actual given name of poo poo like "e nigma". basically by making it about bat man as a child they've managed to make something bat man related that is oddly less childish

p much lol if yr v much care mad for all intensive purposes hth :allears:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
I unironically want them to rename the show "The Penguin" and make it all about his rise to power, Sopranos-style. Everybody else can be bit players, including the Batman.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lesbian intrigue!

Awkward, awkward lesbian intrigue!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I was gonna watch this on Hulu because The Flash and Arrow owned but then I was told that Selena Kyle and Young Bruce Wayne play together in the foyer of Wayne Manor and I was like

nah

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I was gonna watch this on Hulu because The Flash and Arrow owned but then I was told that Selena Kyle and Young Bruce Wayne play together in the foyer of Wayne Manor and I was like

nah

how can anybody watch the flash? hulu started playing that automatically after we watched an episode of gotham and it was so loving stupid

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
the flash is for people who want to watch bad television that is fun gotham is for people who want to watch bad television but want it to feel like real grown up tee vee with dour frowny faces

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fanged wang posted:

the flash is for people who want to watch bad television that is fun gotham is for people who want to watch bad television but want it to feel like real grown up tee vee with dour frowny faces

i may not agree with you on td but this is 110% true.

flash owns, but it's actually really terrible yet somehow still fun to watch

Weener Beater
May 4, 2010

NadaTooma posted:

I unironically want them to rename the show "The Penguin" and make it all about his rise to power, Sopranos-style. Everybody else can be bit players, including the Batman.

Its pretty much this already, which is good. And I'm thankful its not all about the joker

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

how can anybody watch the flash? hulu started playing that automatically after we watched an episode of gotham and it was so loving stupid

I like superheroes fighting supervillains and it delivers on that and I'm really excited to see the Rogues in live action.

The Flash has good powers and it's cool to see how technology has allowed live-action television to finally pull off comic book stories that were only do-able with animation until now.

Plus the guy who plays Lt. West is really good and same for the guy who plays Captain Cold and Barry is really endearing and goofy, so I can tolerate a lot of the cheesy writing and corny poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

what the gently caress

why would I want to watch a show about a old guy grooming a kid into a fuckin psychopath

• Locked thread