Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
So, I really like my Kurt Russel Used Cars one, but I feel like I should move on to true GBS style of having an anime for my avatar.

Currently taking suggestions for this. My favorite animes are probably Ghost In The Shell (the film), and Haruhi, and right now I'm watching Sword Art Online. Should I only use an avatar of something I've watched, or is everything fair game in this world of school girls with purple hair dressed like Nazis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

get a Lain avatar

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

???
:shrug:

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
i saw this anime once on the sci fi channel like a million years ago about some dude in a dystopia killing robots (i think he might have worn a scarf? or maybe rode a motorcyle?)

you should do that one

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
real disappointed in you, crow rodeo. smh (shaking my head)

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
don't do it!!

from my completely impartial viewpoint might I recommend a jazz musician avatar? it'll make your posts read sophisticated

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Do you want to have sex with children? Then the anime avatar is for you.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

this is a pretty good one

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ranma 1/2. Because you are half gay.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
just GIS a funny internet video there is that stupid crap forever. or pm me and i will make you the best avatar within reason. please have a theme

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
get a pokemon av, they're trendy

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Otto von Ruthless posted:

i saw this anime once on the sci fi channel like a million years ago about some dude in a dystopia killing robots (i think he might have worn a scarf? or maybe rode a motorcyle?)

you should do that one

seriously does anyone know what im talking about? it's bugged me forever

it was a movie, not a tv show

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Here, OP

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Illegal Carrot posted:

get a pokemon av, they're trendy

That's what I want. Sandshrew. Those motherfuckers are the best.

Crow_Rodeo posted:

So, I really like my Kurt Russel Used Cars one, but I feel like I should move on to true GBS style of having an anime for my avatar.

Currently taking suggestions for this. My favorite animes are probably Ghost In The Shell (the film), and Haruhi, and right now I'm watching Sword Art Online. Should I only use an avatar of something I've watched, or is everything fair game in this world of school girls with purple hair dressed like Nazis?

The problem is if you choose like something overtly sterotypical with huge boobs or stupid anatomy, you'll always be seen as "LOL ANIME ^_^" and if you choose some little-known (but good) character, you'll be seen as "Anime is important to me and you don't understand because you are a baka daijin"
There's a fine line to play when playing with anime.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Otto von Ruthless posted:

seriously does anyone know what im talking about? it's bugged me forever

it was a movie, not a tv show
there were 36 of those. which one?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
i'm a little surprised,your av looks a lot like joe don baker

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Prettz posted:

there were 36 of those. which one?

i don't know!!!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

you'll just become another anime av that will stop me from reading what you post

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Halfway through Sword Art Online the main characters sister falls in love with him. I would recommend getting an avatar from a non "sucks donkey dicks" anime like Space Dandy or Jojo.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Or something from Golgo 13

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Now eat the cake, Anime.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
i found a folder full of these probably not sized conventionally :

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
you have an awesome AV

don't change iit

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ZombieParts posted:

you have an awesome AV

don't change iit

no see it makes perfect sense to go from an av depicting tge perfect man that is kurt russel to an av that makes him look like a kid toucher. perfect sense.

this thread is makin me mad. im mad now. thanks A LOTt

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
you could pick like a japanese or anime version of one of kurt russel's characters... hmmmm im drawing a blank here ;)

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
anime dogs. find anime depictins of dogs, doing their dog hobbies. That could pass the GBS taste test.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Buschmaki posted:

Or something from Golgo 13

Golgo is a cool mother fucker.

What do the forums think of Guts from Berserk?

John Denver Hoxha posted:

you could pick like a japanese or anime version of one of kurt russel's characters... hmmmm im drawing a blank here ;)

They made an anime based on "Overboard"?! How do I not know this?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Freddie Mercury's my favorite anime

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
dog hobbies:

talking

grooming

achieving flight

eating the hdog

sipping on gin and juice

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

The Kraken posted:

Freddie Mercury's my favorite anime

that screenshot really deserves its full context

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

A misanthrope posted:

you'll just become another anime av that will stop me from reading what you post

gee those anime avs sure are missing out on a lot from you not reading their posts

NOT

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686895
Get one of these

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

John Denver Hoxha posted:

Did a GIS on "Anime Snake Plissken" and found that Production I.G., same guys who made Ghost In The Shell films and TV series, had planned to make a Snake Plissken anime project that fell through...

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
That's loving badass, mods please change my name to Anime Snake Plissken, tia

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

I don't have a gif handy but there's this great scene in Cyber City Oedo 808 where the glam-rock dude is all "You wouldn't recognize a vampire if it jumped up and bit you on the goddamn dick, so get off my case!"

that would be a p. good avatar.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Thinking of getting one too, just not sure which. I dont know any good animes

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
anime is gay as poo poo, so yeah, go ahead and pay the site some more money to emasculate yourself

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
U should get a av with phalic imagery and a quote that sounds like it is about dicks when taken out of context op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

togusa is a busterrrrr

• Locked thread