Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I just I thought that you know he'd like at least maybe do something but no, Ras totally loving owned his rear end and stabbed him through the heart then threw him off a mountain.

Was a good 2 1/2 seasons though.

Hoping they play this out where Oliver is missing for months while the Atom takes over being the hero of Starling City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That was Amell's i never got to be in Spartacus scene.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rocksicles posted:

That was Amell's i never got to be in Spartacus scene.

"Sentry #4 vs Spartacus"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Ras loving chumped him too, yeah not gonna bring a weapon just going to take yours.

Also, Ras basically prayed for him to not return from the grave. OF COURSE ITS A LAZARUS PIT.

It'd also explain why Ras so easily killed his henchman. They were literally in the room with a Lazarus Pit in it.

Also, this is Oliver's "Rebirth" , he'll I guess come back with no scars.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Unfortunately the Accomplished Perfect Physician is dead.

An Owl lands next to Ollie. "Charlie, what have you found there?" asks Dr. Peter Cross.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/542857382892560384/photo/1

#dead

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That wasn't the side of the cliff that Oliver climbed up, I don't think. It was a over hang. So he killed him then through him off in the Lazarus pit after making a prayer for him to be judged and if worthy come back to life. Of course Oliver will be insane for a bit as that is what the pit does to you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

I just I thought that you know he'd like at least maybe do something but no, Ras totally loving owned his rear end and stabbed him through the heart then threw him off a mountain.

Was a good 2 1/2 seasons though.

Hoping they play this out where Oliver is missing for months while the Atom takes over being the hero of Starling City.

Um you guys are forgetting about Roy and Black Driver. Starling city will be saved by stunt flipping and drifting a panel van in the streets.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what Team Arrow are gonna be getting up to in the vague interchangeable timeframe that the Arrow's gone. At bare minimum I wanna see Roy get good. :shobon:

Just fyi, a very general rule about Lazarus Pits is that each one -- and there are many throughout the world -- can only be used once.

Apropos of nothing, they did make a point of mentioning that they were fighting on ground that was sacred to the League...

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Would be hilarious if the show was called ATOM for a while coming out of the holiday, and Oliver was relegated only to the last 5 minutes of each episode while Ray Palmer basically hires Team Arrow (Roy included).

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I have to say that I'm not thrilled about the idea of magic "bring-anyone-back-to-life-pits".

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Lazarus Pit! That's going to be cool. Like someone else mentionned, Ollie could come out without scars, which could be pretty cool.
Maybe even zen?

The advantage of stuff like Arrow and Flash is that, by being serialized, they can really play some superhero tropes that movies can't touch
and dead hero / fallen hero gets replaced by his sidekicks or other heroes / hero's return is something the show can do now. It's really exciting.
You could even have the Flash gang react to it as well.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I have to say that I'm not thrilled about the idea of magic "bring-anyone-back-to-life-pits".

Can only be used once.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah that's going to be pretty interesting to find out the repercussions on The Flash, and whether they'll tell Barry and Company. I think they will though. I bet anything we get two to three episodes carried by The Atom team etc..

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

hcreight posted:

I just don't want this to become the new "Jesse didn't shoot Gale" for the next month and a half.

Ras didn't kill the dog :colbert:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Can only be used once.

It doesn't matter if it can only be used once, it cheapens character death completely.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

hcreight posted:

I just don't want this to become the new "Jesse didn't shoot Gale" for the next month and a half.

Oliver was definitely given a mortal wound. Now it's just a question of how outlandish or mundane the bullshit excuse they use is to make him not be dead. Although they did tagline "survival" in the promo for the next half of the season... :)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I can understand that feeling, this show works well when it's grounded like Chris Nolan's Dark Knight. But then again, seeing Amell take a sword to the chest after watching a kick rear end fight scene makes for great television too!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Crackpot theory: I think I saw Ollie putting the Bag of Magic Herbs (tm) in his travel bag, so maybe he took them prior getting to the top of the mountain? Those might help?

Yeah, it's probably Lazarus Pits.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JohnSherman posted:

It doesn't matter if it can only be used once, it cheapens character death completely.

Well I dunno about you but I think it's worth it for the titular character getting ganked in a midseason finale and the possible interesting repercussions of that rather than getting all irritated about a little Deus Ex Machina. Hell, I'd consider it more cheap if Oliver DIDN'T get killed, personally, considering how much they drilled that Ra's is a badass murder machine with no mercy and it was meant to be a fight to the finish.

Burning_Monk posted:

I can understand that feeling, this show works well when it's grounded like Chris Nolan's Dark Knight. But then again, seeing Amell take a sword to the chest after watching a kick rear end fight scene makes for great television too!

This too. And I'm also okay with it considering it's true to the source, at least in terms of the Lazarus Pits existing.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

King of Solomon posted:

It's kinda silly, but it's the least worst option for having Thea be the killer. At least with mind control there's a sensible motivation to it.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't have Thea kill her because it's dumb as hell, but...well, it makes sense.

Except with this, they've basically shown their hand, signaling that Thea almost definitely will join the good guys. I hope I'm not alone in thinking that would be a major letdown. I've posted about it before, but I really like the idea of Thea as a series-long secondary antagonist. Team Arrow is getting pretty drat crowded, and Ollie having to come to terms with the fact that his sister is a bad person would be a great story arc.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JohnSherman posted:

Except with this, they've basically shown their hand, signaling that Thea almost definitely will join the good guys. I hope I'm not alone in thinking that would be a major letdown. I've posted about it before, but I really like the idea of Thea as a series-long secondary antagonist. Team Arrow is getting pretty drat crowded, and Ollie having to come to terms with the fact that his sister is a bad person would be a great story arc.

This we agree on. I honestly hope Merlyn was actually bullshitting about Thea not knowing what she was doing and Thea just being a straight up baddie.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
His island survival instincts are gonna kick in and he's gonna turn all feral in order to live and get his revenge.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I think if they do this well it could be amazing. Oliver not being around for a few episodes gives the other characters a chance to grow into their own heroes without being in Olivers shadow. This could show Starling city falling apart without the Arrow around so Laurel stars fighting crime, Ray Palmer starts fighting crime in his ATOM suit all to fill the void left by the Arrow being dead.

I also hope the characters have at least one episode of mourning for Oliver instead of just wondering where he is.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oroborus posted:

I think if they do this well it could be amazing. Oliver not being around for a few episodes gives the other characters a chance to grow into their own heroes without being in Olivers shadow. This could show Starling city falling apart without the Arrow around so Laurel stars fighting crime, Ray Palmer starts fighting crime in his ATOM suit all to fill the void left by the Arrow being dead.

I also hope the characters have at least one episode of mourning for Oliver instead of just wondering where he is.

They did something similar with Angel at one point and it was great except they didn't give it nearly enough time to marinate. Hopefully the Arrow showrunners give it time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ras didn't kill the dog :colbert:

Ras didn't bang May. :colbert:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Has anyone considered maybe Arrow is a highlander?

I mean, he just got thrown off the magic cliff. It was a documentary and the events occurred in real time.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

That would be pretty funny.

Skip more than a month, The ATOM is in full swing and Laurel is a ninja.

Four episodes from now is "The Return". So I guess that's how long?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

JohnSherman posted:

I don't dislike that idea. Thea as a villain would be interesting, don't get me wrong. However, having Thea kill Sara out of nowhere without any reasonable motivation isn't the right way to do it.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Four episodes from now is "The Return". So I guess that's how long?

Five episodes. That episode is the fourteenth episode of the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also I don't think Willa Holland can pull it off.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

greatn posted:

Has anyone considered maybe Arrow is a highlander?

I mean, he just got thrown off the magic cliff. It was a documentary and the events occurred in real time.

Naw man, you got to be born a highlander.

And I'm sure he could have just stayed in Starling City and gotten pushed off a roof.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if they'll do an episode where they try to do what the Scoobys did at the beginning of season 6, pretending that the Arrow is still Alive. With Diggle being the Arrow.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
The mindcontrol herb is way more of a bad-plotting backdoor than the Lazarus Pit. That being said, it offers a lot of drama down the road AND it
makes Barrowman even more of an amazing rear end in a top hat. Also, the League is totally coming for him now.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JohnSherman posted:

Oh good, now we're explaining why Thea isn't actually a bad guy.

God drat it writers, have the balls to write evil characters.

Uh you did just watch Merlyn mind control his last remaining child into murdering somebody just to manipulate Oliver into fighting his battles for him. Barrowman :argh:

I'm so glad this show went back to being balls to the walls awesome, it was floundering there.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

JohnSherman posted:

Oh good, now we're explaining why Thea isn't actually a bad guy.

God drat it writers, have the balls to write evil characters.

Merlyn is the evil one here...

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This we agree on. I honestly hope Merlyn was actually bullshitting about Thea not knowing what she was doing and Thea just being a straight up baddie.

It will be a pretty cool twist at the end of the season if they reveal Thea is evil.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Put Jason in the Lazarus Pit, it worked fine for Queen" :3:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

You think it'll be a full 4 episodes without Oliver? I could see 2 maybe but not 4, that just, that just doesn't make sense, unless it's like Flashbacks while Oliver is not there or something I dunno.

How has no one gifed Oliver's jaw just hanging the gently caress open.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Daaamn I'm glad they actually went through with it and killed him, even if it is temporary. Do Lazarus pit people come back with abilities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

No but it does actually make you insane. They're totally going that route as well i think, cause seriously Ras said " 67 years", that's crazy.

• Locked thread