Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Every time a news thread pops up it's like 15-30 minutes before it breaks on well-known sites and news programs. It makes me feel good when I tell my coworkers something 30 minutes before a friend tells them or they see it on CNN. I see all this vitriol towards them in nu-GBS, "news" (Newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events) is great poo poo to share between colleagues and you're a retard if you don't like- "herp durr RSS news articles in GBS"- that's as GBS 1.0 as it gets.

Anyways, happy holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

agreed its always nice when you dont have to venture outside to the cesspool that is the internet

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

a bone to pick posted:

Every time a news thread pops up it's like 15-30 minutes before it breaks on well-known sites and news programs. It makes me feel good when I tell my coworkers something 30 minutes before a friend tells them or they see it on CNN. I see all this vitriol towards them in nu-GBS, "news" (Newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events) is great poo poo to share between colleagues and you're a retard if you don't like- "herp durr RSS news articles in GBS"- that's as GBS 1.0 as it gets.

Anyways, happy holidays.

IT'S LIKE A JUNGLE DOWN THEIR. *chokes on lady pubes and dies*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I'm contemplating opening a forum called something like Current Events that is a cross between old style GBS and D&D lite. Right now news events don't have much place in GBS, and take too much effort to be argued about in D&D.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

im contemplating your barbecue cooking

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I'm contemplating opening a forum called something like Current Events that is a cross between old style GBS and D&D lite. Right now news events don't have much place in GBS, and take too much effort to be argued about in D&D.

well if you close down the front page discussion sub-section and merge it with GBS I could get behind that.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
GBS likes to hate things I've noticed.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Contemplate sucking my cock

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

nobody posted dicks and yet you replied I think you need a time out

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

drilldo squirt posted:

IT'S LIKE A JUNGLE DOWN THEIR. *chokes on lady pubes and dies*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzg7Ybv2Pmo

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

nobody posted dicks and yet you replied I think you need a time out

Apparently I have red text. I just recently noticed that as I only post from my mobile device.

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh

Lowtax posted:

call it DBS

debating bullshit

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Call it Your Opinions Matter.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Lowtax posted:

do this, lowtax. it'd be rad as gently caress.

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Call it Your Opinions Matter.

Or The piggy bank

cause people put their two cents in :buddy:

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

SurfinArbiter posted:

Or The piggy bank

cause people put their two cents in :buddy:

and it's also a good description of people likely to post there. I like it.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

drilldo squirt posted:

GBS likes to hate things I've noticed.

I don't

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It is common knowledge that running down the things other people like feels good.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Rando posted:

It is common knowledge that running down the things other people like feels good.

I prefer laughing and joking together

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

Absolutely: you gang up on some hapless gently caress and laugh and joke together.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Rando posted:

Absolutely: you gang up on some hapless gently caress and laugh and joke together.

don't make me strangle you Rando

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You could say I'm a acolyte of the Rickles school.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
News sucks.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Rando posted:

You could say I'm a acolyte of the Rickles school.

I'm down with that

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Lowtax posted:

This would be good.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i too love reading a constant stream of regional american news articles

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Should probably actually make 2 forums for news posting- one for serious "I can't even" posts and another for dick joke puns. Mixing the two is just a headache I'd imagine.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The forum name should incorporate chicken little somehow

The 5th Foid
Nov 22, 2014

by Ralp
It's because the mods are incompetent

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you're not getting your current events from old men sipping gas station coffee in a parking lot then you are piss ignorant and dumb.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The 5th Foid posted:

It's because the mods are incompetent

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Lowtax posted:

I seriously like this idea. New GBS is just low-effort nonsense now.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Squish posted:

New GBS is just low-effort nonsense now.

:qq:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

gnarlyhotep posted:

You and me both, friend.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

drilldo squirt posted:

You and me both, friend.

:D

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
there are two kinds of current events there are the current events that are interesting and fun to talk about and the current events that inspire tedious goony circlejerking

maybe uh just gas the news threads when they turn into tedious circlejerks and don't gas the ones that are good imo

there is no reason to open up a new subforum specifically for boring people to snipe angrily at each other about rape and gun control and stuff

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I miss the news threads.

The Ferguson protest thread was great because we all got to see a live streaming guy get his poo poo stolen and run down the road while 100,000 people were watching. It made up for all the other bs.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 11, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

fanged wang posted:

there are two kinds of current events there are the current events that are interesting and fun to talk about and the current events that inspire tedious goony circlejerking

maybe uh just gas the news threads when they turn into tedious circlejerks and don't gas the ones that are good imo

there is no reason to open up a new subforum specifically for boring people to snipe angrily at each other about rape and gun control and stuff

look at this guy who thinks it's easy to weed out the good from the bad

yeah man, brb I'm in my future star trek replicator where it's all easy

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

because they degenerate in to the dumb race relations debate or other "my precious political opinions on comedy forum" poo poo by page two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

on the other hand theres lots of misogynists ad racists in gbs lately so maybe discussing news with them aint the best ida

• Locked thread