Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

buncha tweakers spergin about darkrooms itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

i found an old heavy instamatic at my parents house and was sad to learn that its pretty freakin useless. can't get the film OR flash bulbs i think

guaranteed you can find the film on ebay. maybe only a few different stocks but it's still out there. and there's gonna be a guy in rural indiana or something who will process it for you.

that said i have a minox camera that uses 9.5mm cartridge film that is sold by like one company on the planet now, and since i already have been developing it myself, i figured out how to cut and roll my own film for it out of 35mm rolls (i get 4 rolls from one 36-exposure 135) and that is working pretty well and really helps max out my hipster quotient

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

what the hell happened here

quote:

Please don't put an upright piano at noise bridge. I don't want to hear you practice, and it's not really considerate to people who want to get work done at noisebridge

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

what the hell happened here

hey some of us have been methhacking for 5 days straight and need some sleep

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
goes to place called noisebridge, complains about noise

pram
Jun 10, 2001
noisebridge is an award winning methspace for sleepers and tweakers

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

infernal machines posted:

goes to place called noisebridge, complains about noise

quote:

I'm very jumpy--many of you have witnessed the effects sudden noises to Z-axis coordinate. I tend to jump up a few feet.

Being a member of Noisebridge, I block the the usage of any instrument that produces sudden noises. For example, dremels (as long as they are used for more than 2 seconds each time) are fine, but don't even think of using a staple-gun.

Whether I'm around or not, it doesn't matter. As a member, I block their usage within the premises of Noisebridge.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bitcoin bastard posted:

buncha tweakers spergin about darkrooms itt

tweakin for film :swoon:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

lmao what a piece of poo poo

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

The staple gun thing was a case of argumentum ad absurdum, but did lead to...

quote:

I'm against the notion that there's this idea that banning anything in the space makes it an absolute rule that's enforced 100% of the time.
I'm against the idea that banning anything is ever the correct thing to do.

Do you want oogles? Because that's how you get oogles.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Do you want oogles? Because that's how you get oogles.

the free food on the floor

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
*installs speakers that make a 120hz hum in the ceiling in tamperproof enclosures*

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

I thought it might be worth mentioning that the joke fake camera that was installed in the bathroom has been ripped from it's base not once but twice when a replacement was purchased. This came without warrant or any sort of discussion about why a very obviously fake camera would be a bad thing to have.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

pram posted:

award winning methspace

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

what does a very obviously fake camera look like? does it have a googly lens on a spring?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

so what does "i block" mean in this context? "i ask people not to do $thing around me" or "i hereby ban all $thing from the space entirely in perpetuity"?

anarchy means everyone gets to be a fascist collectively?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

so what does "i block" mean in this context? "i ask people not to do $thing around me" or "i hereby ban all $thing from the space entirely in perpetuity"?

anarchy means everyone gets to be a fascist collectively?

i think it's kind of a semi-veto type thing where members can put a stop to anything they don't like unless another member disagrees

similarly, any member can ask anyone (including other members) to leave for any reason and the person asked is supposed to leave and not come back until the next scheduled meeting so the disagreement can be mediated

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

The latter, minus the perpetuity: means "I oppose this idea and since you need a consensus to do it, you can't do it." Noisebridge has a fine history of cases where n-1 people want to do a thing (e.g. ban sleeping at noisebridge) but 1 person blocks it every time it's suggested.

"[Noisebridge-discuss posted:

Science for Juggalos"]
I think it would be nice if this stunt wasn't totally disrespectful of willful ignorance. Although I sometimes find it revolting (like, say politically) I think that it's not really a bad thing in the context of rainbows and pyramids. I think facepaint is not a bad way to go, and that one-sentence explanations of scientific concepts is also a good plan. As an education researcher who specializes in teaching kids who don't want to learn, I have a ton of sympathy for people who find science mystifying to the point of frustration, distrust, and anger.

The superiority aspect of a science fair making fun of the song is potentially pretty nasty. Anyone can kick a retard in the face.

quote:

yeah, no you're right. gently caress me for wanting to know about the universe and how it works and at the same time appreciating its beauty and magisty (because these two things are obviously mutually exclusive, duh) instead of chugging down faygo and moshing to songs that promote violence and calls scientists liars. *sigh*

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
i promote violence

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol my fake camera that was put into place to elicit reaction actually elicited reaction. gently caress these reactionaries and their fascist behavior

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

is this actually a thing? because that would be rad as hell

Yes sir it is.

You are correct, SSTV is a big and respected slice of the pie, but there's also full fast-scan NTSC. And repeaters that will rebroadcast your goony neckbearded rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS0cL7aPkEk&t=43s

You could probably drop like 3, 5 grand on surplus analog studio poo poo and have a pretty fun home TV station.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

wesley snypes posted:

i promote violence

im more of an agent for violence tbh.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Noisebridgers brought science to Juggalos.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Noisebridgers brought science to Juggalos.

:barf:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

Yes sir it is.

You are correct, SSTV is a big and respected slice of the pie, but there's also full fast-scan NTSC. And repeaters that will rebroadcast your goony neckbearded rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS0cL7aPkEk&t=43s

You could probably drop like 3, 5 grand on surplus analog studio poo poo and have a pretty fun home TV station.

i think it would have been cool if when the analog tv spectrum went up for sale, the fcc turned it over to experimenters and we got things like micro-level community tv stations that only broadcast in one neighborhood or apartment building. ultra-local progamming, build community, etc.

i mostly think about this because i remember being a little kid and going to my grandparents' house in middle of nowhere ohio and the local radio station was super super local. like "alright, that was jimmy with his fiddle, thanks a lot jimmy. now mrs. bronson wants to let everyone know that someone left her fence gate open and her chickens got out, so if you happen to see one walking around, pick it up and see that it gets back to her, wouldya? and now here's officer mike walsh to tell you about the policeman's ball this saturday. mike --"

neat stuff

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

i think it would have been cool

nope

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

too bad your'e stupid

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Noisebridge, feat. Scientist Waluigi

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this man

wearing flame-print hammer pants (?) and those toe shoes, going out dressed as a science mime (?) to tell a bunch of viscerally disgusting fans of awful music all about magnets because one of their songs was mocked by nerds on the internet

is married

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

this man

wearing flame-print hammer pants (?) and those toe shoes, going out dressed as a science mime (?) to tell a bunch of viscerally disgusting fans of awful music all about magnets because one of their songs was mocked by nerds on the internet

is married

dont forget the XKCD t-shirt

proof there is someone out there for all of us :nsallears:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

i think it would have been cool if when the analog tv spectrum went up for sale, the fcc turned it over to experimenters and we got things like micro-level community tv stations that only broadcast in one neighborhood or apartment building. ultra-local progamming, build community, etc.

i mostly think about this because i remember being a little kid and going to my grandparents' house in middle of nowhere ohio and the local radio station was super super local. like "alright, that was jimmy with his fiddle, thanks a lot jimmy. now mrs. bronson wants to let everyone know that someone left her fence gate open and her chickens got out, so if you happen to see one walking around, pick it up and see that it gets back to her, wouldya? and now here's officer mike walsh to tell you about the policeman's ball this saturday. mike --"

neat stuff

If I had the urge or drive to go into politics or bureaucracy I would become FCC chairman and reallocate the spectrum such that any station that is not independent or independently owned would be stuck in the 102-108 ghetto. Suck it, Clear Channel. 88-92 would go religious just to keep them happy, and then 92-102 would become a 10 megahertz swath of community, LP and unlicensed FM.

gently caress some media ogliarchies

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Noisebridge, feat. Scientist Waluigi

everyone here looks insufferable, well apart from the facepaint

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Jonny 290 posted:

If I had the urge or drive to go into politics or bureaucracy I would become FCC chairman and reallocate the spectrum such that any station that is not independent or independently owned would be stuck in the 102-108 ghetto. Suck it, Clear Channel. 88-92 would go religious just to keep them happy, and then 92-102 would become a 10 megahertz swath of community, LP and unlicensed FM.

gently caress some media ogliarchies

man i was just bored and flipped to FM and thumb button searched up..up..up..up on the wheel as i was driving and i swear to god that 88-92 is one jazz station then jesus talk, spanish talk, or spanish jesus talk

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

meanwhile

"[Noisebridge-discuss posted:

help glass door closed"]
Hey I am stuck in 2169 with no key to glass door

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

is that the new HID prox card stuff that i vaguely recall someone posting itt?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sniep posted:

man i was just bored and flipped to FM and thumb button searched up..up..up..up on the wheel as i was driving and i swear to god that 88-92 is one jazz station then jesus talk, spanish talk, or spanish jesus talk

yeah bank 1 is the jazz station, classical and npr. then repeated
bank 2 is all the rappy poo poo
bank 3 is the rocky stuff

i'd put sports on 1 if that was my thing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its me i'm the one out of 12,000 Subaru owners that is annoyed that there's only one bank of AM presets

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Jonny 290 posted:

:raise:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

re:religious radio I am very sad that harold camping went off the air after the 2011 doomsday prediction failed instead of postponing it again. whenever I lacked entertainment I could always turn to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hes dead

• Locked thread