Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jim Murphy and Scottish Labour – Murphy secures a clear victory over rival Neil Findlay in the contest to become Scottish Labour party leader"

Telegraph:

Prince George Christmas pictures released

Independent:

UN members agree deal at Lima climate talks

Times:

Kerry Smith quits as UKIP parliamentary candidate

Express:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The Queen has seen some poo poo...

And that Salmond submarine (Salbmarond?) is amazing

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Easy editing for the Thomas one there, just insert any Brick quote from Snatch and you're done.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

baka kaba posted:

The Queen has seen some poo poo...

Evidently, she's chewed her fingernails to the....

gently caress me, she's chewed a few fingers right off!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

DesperateDan posted:

Evidently, she's chewed her fingernails to the....

gently caress me, she's chewed a few fingers right off!

She used that scalpel on the table.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

She used that scalpel on the table.
gently caress, this is something deeper altogether. :ohdear:

This could be Thomas's 'Ronald Reagan Cut Up While Talking'.

If anybody sees one of the soldiers on her jumper replaced with a black cloaked figure holding a katana and a box of Duchy Originals Organic Oaten Biscuits, close your browser window and do not engage in any communications with it.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Loving the Salmond-marine.

Why are Rowson and Bell the only two good cartoonists in Britain? Like even if you disagree completely with their politics, at least they put some effort and thought into their cartoons. Rowson especially leaves little hidden details everywhere. Riddell is OK I guess - his drawings are wonderful - but his cartoons aren't as clever. The Times and Telegraph ones are mostly just "eh" without any real wit or verve.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I looked at this this several times before noticing the shape of the hole.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Zephro posted:

Loving the Salmond-marine.

Why are Rowson and Bell the only two good cartoonists in Britain? Like even if you disagree completely with their politics, at least they put some effort and thought into their cartoons. Rowson especially leaves little hidden details everywhere. Riddell is OK I guess - his drawings are wonderful - but his cartoons aren't as clever. The Times and Telegraph ones are mostly just "eh" without any real wit or verve.

Ziggy, the guy who does "Scene & Heard", the documentary cartoons in Private Eye, is pretty good. But I might just be thinking that because all the other cartoons in Private Eye are stupid and terrible, so when I get to that bit it's like a nice treat.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the deficit – Plans to tackle the deficit set out by the Tories and the Liberal Democrats could involve an extra £30bn of tax rises or spending cuts within three years"

Telegraph:

Ed Miliband: Labour taking immigration issue seriously

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Shaked and stirred: what James Bond really drinks

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on English votes for English laws – The leader of the Commons has tabled three options designed to give English and Welsh MPs exclusive right to pass laws affecting their countries"

Telegraph:

Russian rouble in free-fall despite shock 17% rate rise

Independent:

Times:

Express:

:ohdearsass:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Santa has died of a heart attack after being restrained by G4S goons on a British Airways flight.

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

If he was from Lappland that would make him an EU citizen so is Santa part of the evil euro-horde?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Clapham Omnibus posted:

If he was from Lappland that would make him an EU citizen so is Santa part of the evil euro-horde?

Please note that it is impossible for one man to deliver presents to all the children in Britain in one night. Therefore, Santa Claus is really 37 million Bulgamanian immigrants.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Ed Miliband and David Cameron – David Cameron has fixed the economy for friends on his Christmas card list but not the majority of working people, Ed Miliband said" Also Truce in the trenches was real, but football tales are a shot in the dark

Telegraph:

Methane 'belches' detected on Mars; First female bishop named as the Reverend Libby Lane

Independent:

New fishing quotas for UK after talks in Brussels

Times:

Pakistan school attack: PM Sharif vows to end 'terrorism'

Express:

:monocle:

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
Lady Santa your buttplug appears to have fallen out :(

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Given those fishnets I'd say it's more of a Mistress Santa.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Speaking of drawing women like it's the 1980s, where's Mac? Did he retire?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

baka kaba posted:

Speaking of drawing women like it's the 1980s, where's Mac? Did he retire?

Looks like the old gently caress is still going.

This looks like it's his latest one:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 18, 2014

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Huh. My link to the Daily Mail website hasn't shown any new Mac since August. If you could post the link you're using, I'll add Mac back to the regular posts.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Cloud Potato posted:

Huh. My link to the Daily Mail website hasn't shown any new Mac since August. If you could post the link you're using, I'll add Mac back to the regular posts.

Here you go :yayclod:

It won't let you save the pictures direct though.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I've recently been going through a couple of old Giles books and it's increasingly clear how anything of any worth in Mac's cartoons is stolen directly from there. Even the art style is pretty close. Mac's like Giles without any level of warmth towards his characters (and/or other human beings in general), and at least when Giles is using the standard 1960s views of race and gender he has the excuse of actually being from the 1960s. I might scan a few if I have some spare time, for comparison.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Steve Bell once did an If... taking a pop at Mac for being a second-rate Giles mimic.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on council funding cuts – Cuts to local welfare schemes 'a Christmas present to loan sharks', say councils"

Telegraph:

Obama hails 'new chapter' in US-Cuba ties

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:

Express:

Putin seeks to ease fears over Russian economic crisis

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

What. Is that supposed to be wordplay on 'in the red'? He spent so long actually drawing something decent he forgot to put in a joke! I think I'm OK with this trade

I guess that Mac one is my own fault, forget I mentioned him!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Times one would have been a lot better without the gigantic speech bubble.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I hadn't thought about it but you're right - it's the difference between fine and actually pretty good

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I dunno, I think I like the speech bubble. We really did "ask for it" in the case of cigars, its nice wordplay.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Osborne's adviser's pay rise – George Osborne's most senior adviser has received an 18% pay rise in the last year even though he has been one of the chief architects of a multi-year public sector pay freeze"

Telegraph:

Women may serve in close combat roles by 2016, says Fallon; Theresa May aides 'dropped from election list' amid campaign row

Independent:

North Korea seeks join probe with US on Sony hack; After Hopper [I think]

Times:

After Lawrence.

Yesterday's Mail:

Stephen Collins:

WANG

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Mail:

The royal family are bad at logistics, large corporations blindly follow targets from the wealthy higher ups despite inefficiency. A good cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chris Riddell: David Cameron plays Santa - But some get better gifts than others"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I must confess that I don't get the NK one. Its related to the Sony hack/leak, obviously, but what does KJU having a selfie got to do with it. Was that some recent royal family photo or something Kim actually did?

And the Russian one, is there actual news or is it just a "Vladimir Putin still exists" cartoon?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Cliff Racer posted:

And the Russian one, is there actual news or is it just a "Vladimir Putin still exists" cartoon?

It's to do with the Russian currency crisis

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014
I think it's meant to be the cast of Downton Abbey, having never watched the programme I don't see the reference either.

EDIT: aha

tdrules fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 22, 2014

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

HappyCamperGL posted:

It's to do with the Russian currency crisis

I'm aware of the crisis, I guess I just didn't put two and two together. Though its still a bad cartoon because its not like Putin is trying to stop the currency crisis for the sole benefit of his crony friends.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

tdrules posted:

I think it's meant to be the cast of Downton Abbey, having never watched the programme I don't see the reference either.

EDIT: aha

Thanks, tdrules!

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt's ambulance plan"

Independent:

After Tim Burton.

Times:

Express:

:sun: It's cold! :supaburn:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Ahh well at least the joke was funny (because they're going to be in an oven, see.)

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Indeed, The Nightmare That Has Sod All To Do With Christmas Or This Movie From Twenty Years Ago But I've Already Spent A Whole Ten Minutes Thinking About This Cartoon And That's Enough For Me

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Although he appears monstrous and terrifying, Nigel Farage is actually erudite and fun-loving, always acting with the best intentions even if things don't always go to plan. :3:

This is missing the point almost as bad as the Frankenstein('s Monster) cartoons, even if it is just A Thing Is Happening here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Pesky Splinter posted:

Here you go :yayclod:

It won't let you save the pictures direct though.
There's a browser extension called Right To Click that stops webpages disabling it, if that's useful.

• Locked thread