Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser

McDowell posted:

Having a mental break, killing your girlfriend, authority figures, and then yourself is as American as apple pie.

This was my first reaction. The guy basically pulled a Sodini but with cops instead of women. It's the formula for narcissistic mass-shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Perhaps it's just a personal thing tho because my dad is 6'1", 220 and he is always afraid of opening the biscuit can which is p. Funny tbh

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Sucks those two guys could have been the cool kinda cops that just steal your weed instead of taking you in for it. But this is what happens when the police convince the community that they are actually a hostile occupying force.

I'm actually really surprised that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often. There are still radical organizations that are like the black panthers used to be, right? How rear end in a top hat cops and people like Zimmerman get to kill people without then getting killed in retaliation themselves is beyond me.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to turn on the news and hear people talking about this like it isn't a thing that never, ever, ever happens unlike cops constantly gunning down innocent people.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
My biggest regret is he didn't kill more cops.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010

Literal Carehaver posted:

good

hail satan

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

he shouldn't of killed his family member

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Also we should create the Dorner Award of Valor for people like this man never forget :911:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Nathilus posted:

Sucks those two guys could have been the cool kinda cops that just steal your weed instead of taking you in for it. But this is what happens when the police convince the community that they are actually a hostile occupying force.

I'm actually really surprised that this kind of thing doesn't happen more often. There are still radical organizations that are like the black panthers used to be, right? How rear end in a top hat cops and people like Zimmerman get to kill people without then getting killed in retaliation themselves is beyond me.

Wow are you saying the cops that were murdered were an occupying force that deserved to die? That's kind of stupid.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

plz call it the malcolm x award of kill whitey excellence thnx.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ProfessorMurder posted:

Wow are you saying the cops that were murdered were an occupying force that deserved to die? That's kind of stupid.

They were and did

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hey cops, breathe easy. :shobon:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

there are no more "radical" groups(LEFT wing ones) anymore, COINTELPRO dismantled the real black panther party i.e. Huey Newtons a long time ago. the New Black Panther Party is very small and just angry black people who want to kill white people as opposed to the old black panther party who wanted free healthcare, everybody out of jail, and drugs.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

ProfessorMurder posted:

im saying im shocked this hasn't happened sooner. Your PR can only get so bad before americans start shooting at you.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Nathilus posted:

im saying im shocked this hasn't happened sooner. Your PR can only get so bad before americans start shooting at you.

OK, you're right, but to be fair it doesn't take much to get Americans to shoot at you.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

ProfessorMurder posted:

OK, you're right, but to be fair it doesn't take much to get Americans to shoot at you.

we all know where the line is at its unspoken but it's a cultural constant across most of the US. Except here in Texas where we might even just shoot you for the gently caress of it. But my point is its inexcusable to cross that line, as long as your american its readily apparent.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Axel Serenity posted:

Perhaps it's just a personal thing tho because my dad is 6'1", 220 and he is always afraid of opening the biscuit can which is p. Funny tbh

its scary ok

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Nathilus posted:

we all know where the line is at its unspoken but it's a cultural constant across most of the US. Except here in Texas where we might even just shoot you for the gently caress of it. But my point is its inexcusable to cross that line, as long as your american its readily apparent.

You are absolutely right. It is inexcusable to cross that line. The problem is that that line isn't clearly defined. When the line is a blur, stupid poo poo like this happens.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
A.C.A.B

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
All Cats Are Big

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I kind of liked the "pigs in a blanket" line, did he come up with that or is it from something else?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Three Olives posted:

I kind of liked the "pigs in a blanket" line, did he come up with that or is it from something else?
its a food

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

ProfessorMurder posted:

You are absolutely right. It is inexcusable to cross that line. The problem is that that line isn't clearly defined. When the line is a blur, stupid poo poo like this happens.

No I'm saying its not very blurry as a line and that americans have an instinctive sense for it. like, you don't even have to be from texas to understand that if you and your crew really publically roll around murdering people that you're gonna get shot at or worse. thats a huge DUH for any american. if you try to break into cars you're gonna get shot at. if you try to steal peoples poo poo you gonna get shot at. make funny faces at newborns, etc. people should and do know better.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

I had to teach a friend of mine, a Marine, Afghanistan and Iraq veteran how to open a bottle of wine a few months ago. There was major concern that the bottle of chardonnay was going to erupt when they pulled the cork out.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Nathilus posted:

I've been wondering about that too. Like shooters recently have been mad about government/economy, so why are they shooting up malls and elementary schools instead of wall street or cops.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Nathilus posted:

How rear end in a top hat cops and people like Zimmerman get to kill people without then getting killed in retaliation themselves is beyond me.

it's not really a mystery, wishing death on people is common but humans who have the will to actually carry out a planned murder (as opposed to a heat-of-the-moment rage killing) are quite rare

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Torka posted:

it's not really a mystery, wishing death on people is common but humans who have the will to actually carry out a murder are quite rare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq-ZVIZJaI8

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

One major modern revelation in the field of military psychology is the observation that such resistance to killing one's own species is also a key factor in human combat. *Brig. Gen. S. L. A. Marshall first observed this during his work as an official U.S. Army historian in the Pacific and European theaters of operations in World War II. Based on his post-combat interviews, Marshall concluded in his book Men Against Fire (1946, 1978) that only 15 to 20 percent of the individual riflemen in World War II fired their own weapons at an exposed enemy soldier. Key weapons, such as *flame-throwers, were usually fired. Crew-served weapons, such as *machine guns, almost always were fired. And action would increase greatly if a nearby leader demanded that the soldier fire. But when left on their own, the great majority of individual combatants appear to have been unable or unwilling to kill.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

You know those big walls they have at some tech conventions that pull all the posts with a specific hash tag and display them automatically?

I really wish coney island had one

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How the gently caress are you not going to post the D&D bullshit from the Marines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pir1Hug-CEc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKPJL15QKvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mplEt-7HNR8

Blurry as poo poo but that last one has a Marine slaying a lava giant with a Warhammer 40k sword lol

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 21, 2014

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Equine Don posted:

All Cats Are Big

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Nathilus posted:

No I'm saying its not very blurry as a line and that americans have an instinctive sense for it. like, you don't even have to be from texas to understand that if you and your crew really publically roll around murdering people that you're gonna get shot at or worse. thats a huge DUH for any american. if you try to break into cars you're gonna get shot at. if you try to steal peoples poo poo you gonna get shot at. make funny faces at newborns, etc. people should and do know better.

I agree with you, not defending the murdering cops. But saying "people should and do know better" is kinda wrong because if people knew better this kind of dumb poo poo wouldn't happen. Humans are stupid and that's why this stupid bullshit happens.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
he didn't let the cops kill him which is a total rookie mistake, let the cops kill you so that someone will avenge your death, now the cycle is broken.

loving noobs

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

bahaha 'What? No, noooooo, you're not an imperial pawn! You're some kind of other, slightly more valuable piece!'

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

i miss chris

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
dorner was a really kewl dude and if you dont think so you're probably a little bitch

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Pon de Bundy posted:

dorner was a really kewl dude and if you dont think so you're probably a little bitch

he was really unambiguously mentally ill

WOLF HONGO
Aug 29, 2014

Torka posted:

humans who have the will to actually carry out a planned murder

tthey call them cops

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It's going to be amazing how much more press this gets than the Tea Party-Bundy-worshipping guy killing 2 cops and laying Gadsden flags on their bodies a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

WOLF HONGO posted:

tthey call them cops

Hey come on, let's be fair. Cops don't plan their murders, it happens in the heat of the moment.

• Locked thread