Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Unironically, I 4hink i4 may be Quidnose. He reac4ed poorly 4o an obvious joke vo4e, one 4ha4 was rescinded a few pos4s af4er, so he could jus4 be checking for his name!
gj Keane.

I'm going to look back at everything and see if I catch anything different knowing Quid was scum. Once I finish I will post my new thoughts. In the interim I am playing with ideas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

this is lazy even for you on so many levels!

why are you being lazy, juanito?
This immediately rubs me the wrong way.

To put in perspective where I'm at THIS VERY MOMENT is not especially suspicious of Ernie, and weighing in on Juanito and Mac.

~this could change~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Juanito posted:

I don't really get a scum vibe from Keane or Quid. Quid goes after me a bit, but he always does.

What do you think about Grandi, Kumba? Starting at the post where he votes Little Mac
This however doesn't read like scum responding to scum. Hmm~

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

You Lynch me today and then scum kills another town and then it's game over. We no Lynch and no matter who dies at night we're in this same situation tomorrow.

The difference is today there are three townies suspicious of three people, tomorrow there are going to be two townies suspicious of two people. Those numbers are significant...

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Little Mac posted:

##VOTE KUMBA

Yeah let's loving DO THIS
This hammer ~feels~ scummy.

And this,

Little Mac posted:

gently caress you. Never.

##vote Keane
They're all just like AAAA VOTE.

However, his adamancy in suspecting Keane reads more like honest town determined on his stance than scum who KNOWS Keane is the doctor. e.g., vv

Little Mac posted:

Why would he have claimed doctor at all? There was no pressure. It's so weird. I dunno, I'm not feeling this game. I also really hate no lynches.
Also we have this point in the game, where Quid votes Mac and Mac self-votes.

That doesn't read coordinated to me. I think Quid legit wanted Mac lynched so that makes Mac way less scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

Why did Juanito disappear after a terrible vote and callout from me!

Juanito posted:

I'm getting a bad vibe from Kumba, I don't know why. I think that Kumba and Quid could be the scum. :colbert:
It just keeps going though. Aaaagh. I can see their early interactions as both-scums.

Juanito was on Quid the first time he was in danger of being lynched-- at the very end of the day. Then he started the next day out after him too.

Juanito posted:

I don't think Keane or yuming are scum.

Less convinced about Little Mac. Not sure about Ernie.

Feel good about Quid though.

##vote Quid
I think the hedging to start and then pushing for Quid is scum-serving. He supported the lynch without acting on it to begin with, and then acted on it after Quid wasn't lynched to get cred.

I like this theory atm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Quidnose posted:

This is the most loving disingenuous thing in the world.

You were an advocate for No Lynching yesterday, easily could have switched to me (and were putting out feelers to potential do so), then advocated not doing it when the wind didn't blow your way. And now you're coming in hard on me because I've got some traction?

Get lynched. ##vote Ernie
This is Pretty Weird too. It feels out of place.

Like, Quid has no benefit in going after Ernie here imo because he wasn't a plausible alternative. So if this post isn't to save himself it looks like distancing.

But I have this strong feeling Ernie is town based on his tone game to date. Hmm.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

almost done packing, soon it's time to sleep so I can get up at 5am

vote me if you think I'm scum.

##vote quid

Juanito posted:

modkill scum if they haven't submitted a night action :colbert:

Juanito posted:

also if you're thinking about no lynch, then go ahead and just vote me instead

The problem is that I don't see scum making these posts, Yuming. :(

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Well I feel pretty good about yuming being town now.

We're getting played by Ernie or Little Mac though. Really tough call.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Juanito posted:

Well I feel pretty good about yuming being town now.

We're getting played by Ernie or Little Mac though. Really tough call.

I honestly feel worse about Yuming after all those posts because it feels like she's less paranoid of me than I am of her.

To be fair there are a few posts by Little Mac that also make me go 'I don't think scum would say that...' and they feel like they're punching above their weight for a scum to make in a game that is only 10 pages long, but I am either going to puppy cuddle Yuming who has 0 interactions with quid, Juanito who was on Quid's case at every turn but wasn't doing it for cred as far as I can see, or Mac who was defended by Quid at one point. To me it always keeps going back to that. Especially because I thought Mac was my #1 choice before I settled on Quid.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

Like, Quid has no benefit in going after Ernie here imo

Also this scares me, because at the time both Juan and Mac were saying I'm scum with Quid.

And Quid went after me. I can't figure out whether he did it because he was trying to influence both of them or just one of them.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

The problem is that I don't see scum making these posts, Yuming. :(
It's tricky with posts like that-- because they are p glib-- so you can't give them too much weight.

The feelings you get from them are important, but I think looking at motivation at end game is much stronger evidence. Especially when Quid was up for lynch, his teammate would've had really strong motivation to save him because they were approaching a point where they could win the game. Little Mac's voting patterns don't make sense with the landscape of the game that day.

I just had the thought that maybe Ernie was counting on my voting Mac. aaaa dear this game. He should be able to see what I mean about Mac.

Juanito and Quid have some fake sounding interactions too...

I am going to sleep on this for sure. I will be around reading for about 15 more minutes and then back momentarily tomorrow early evening.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

I just had the thought that maybe Ernie was counting on my voting Mac. aaaa dear this game. He should be able to see what I mean about Mac.

In this end-game I would have 100% killed Little Mac if I were scum. Both you and Keane were on my side and Juanito had for two days been saying he thinks I am scum with Quid. Keane wouldn't have doctored Little Mac, and in the final game day I'd just have to convince Keane that I am equally paranoid of both you and Juanito to keep him on my side.

I also would've withheld kills to give Keane false positives about who the town is, regardless of who he ended up protecting.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I went back and read posts, and I'm honestly not sure why I ever thought Ernie was more scum than Mac. I think Mac definitely looks worse.

Quid interacted with him, but it was pretty superficial.

The only thing that is weird is that Little Mac had put himself at -1 earlier in the game. I think that just seemed too ridiculous for scum to do.

I'm okay voting Mac.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You shouldn't be. You'd lose the game if you voted me.

If I am scum because I was voting Keane after his doc claim, that's super weak reasoning. I didn't switch because 1) Why should I? and 2) No Lynching is dumb unless absolutely necessary (like today, I guess).

Ernie. posted:

In this end-game I would have 100% killed Little Mac if I were scum. Both you and Keane were on my side and Juanito had for two days been saying he thinks I am scum with Quid. Keane wouldn't have doctored Little Mac, and in the final game day I'd just have to convince Keane that I am equally paranoid of both you and Juanito to keep him on my side.

I also would've withheld kills to give Keane false positives about who the town is, regardless of who he ended up protecting.

This rings fake to me. Why are you trying to convince Yuming of your innocence when just a few posts earlier you don't feel good about her? You're trying to convince her by posting "optimal scum play" which is ridiculous because right now is PERFECT for scum so obviously whatever actually happened was optimal.

Ernie. posted:

Also this scares me, because at the time both Juan and Mac were saying I'm scum with Quid.

And Quid went after me. I can't figure out whether he did it because he was trying to influence both of them or just one of them.

This is also ridiculous. So Quid can "protect" me when bussing is almost always a much better move? If Quid and I had been scum buddies wouldn't we have tried to distance ourselves more? I didn't even go back and read whatever he posted because it's ludicrous.

I still think it's Ernie. If it's Yuming, then scum has lurked to victory - which I've done before, so no harm no foul. If it's Ernie, then we should either No Lynch today and vote him tomorrow or vote him now. I think it's safer to ##vote no lynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

This is also ridiculous. So Quid can "protect" me when bussing is almost always a much better move? If Quid and I had been scum buddies wouldn't we have tried to distance ourselves more? I didn't even go back and read whatever he posted because it's ludicrous.

I don't feel good about anyone right now... I'm not trying to convince just Yuming alone of anything...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That's what it sounds like. You don't feel good about anyone? Ernie, if we NL and you're scum you should kill Juanito tonight because that's your best chance at victory. Then you and Yuming can lynch me and scum will endgame.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

That's what it sounds like. You don't feel good about anyone? Ernie, if we NL and you're scum you should kill Juanito tonight because that's your best chance at victory. Then you and Yuming can lynch me and scum will endgame.

Little Mac ... I want you to actually case me... or Juanito ... or Yuming. I honestly keep thinking that you might be town but it's so difficult for me to engage with you when all your content is just 'Ernie is scum'.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Honestly, more than you Mac, I want to vote Yuming right now. She's an incredibly adept player and I don't feel like town-Yuming would in earnest say she needs to sleep on the game as opposed to just having conclusions in the first place, yeah?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

Also, why would I just not kill you? Yuming has already put me in third. Why would I kill someone who already sort of stands with me (Juanito), and take one who doesn't (You), instead of two people who stand with me into LyLo?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

Also, why would I just not kill you? Yuming has already put me in third. Why would I kill someone who already sort of stands with me (Juanito), and take one who doesn't (You), instead of two people who stand with me into LyLo?

I think I'm the easiest lynch right now. You just tried convincing me (someone who doesn't) that we should vote Yuming instead. You would keep me alive because you think you can manipulate Yuming (you even tried to earlier).

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I think I'm the easiest lynch right now. You just tried convincing me (someone who doesn't) that we should vote Yuming instead. You would keep me alive because you think you can manipulate Yuming (you even tried to earlier).

Uhh again I'm not trying to 'convince' you of anything. Because I don't know whether or not you're town. Right now I'd say Yuming > You > Juanito. And again you've refused to engage me on a mafia-level.

Do you see what I'm saying about Yuming? What do you actually think of Juanito?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
##vote no lynch

:redhammer:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ya'll know the drill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Juanito went to sleep with visions of sugarplum fairies dancing through his head.

He never woke up.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Ernie., Little Mac, yuming

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 24th, 2014 at 9 a.m. PST -- that's in about 16 hours, 5 minutes.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
:dance:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Whichever one of you it is you're very sadistic. But thank you for taking me to a LyLo since I haven't been in one in a year I think.

Its probably yuming. The scum was very invested in taking out people who were town in everyone's books (see: cckeane). Why not take out yuming?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am too busy Christmasing to mafia right now :sparkles:

Merry Xmas all!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yuming, do me a Christmas solid real quick and tell me honestly if you're scum or not.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Ernie., Little Mac, yuming

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 24th, 2014 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 8 hours, 18 minutes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If Yuming doesn't come back within 8 hours then I have no choice but to vote her because Ernie won't vote for himself and neither will I. So Ernie, if you're scum as I suspect, good game. If not, then I guess we win?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

If Yuming doesn't come back within 8 hours then I have no choice but to vote her because Ernie won't vote for himself and neither will I. So Ernie, if you're scum as I suspect, good game. If not, then I guess we win?

I'm not scum, Mac. Want to end this? I'm 90% sure it's Yuming. Quidnose doesn't even talk to/about her the entire time he was in the game, and there's no reason for her to be in LyLo right now, everyone trusted her all game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mac want to do this now, instead of in 8 hours during Christmas Eve night? I want to start Christmas after I know whether I saved it or not. And if you're not scum, I want an award for being the one who caught Yuming in earnest at LyLo and finally saved a goon Christmas.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

I'm 90% sure it's Yuming.

No you're not. But I have a lot on my plate today and might not be around for deadline. Yuming if you're town and we lose, don't blame me! Ernie, if you're scum you've ruined Christmas and I'm unhappy. ##vote yuming

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Well, Yuming, if you're town, I'm sorry.

If you're scum then I don't know why you chose to 'suspect little mac' for very long, and only vote Quid as a me-too vote (I went back and re-read the game just now).

##vote yuming

Little Mac, if you're scum, then well done on the self-vote. It's the only thing that really made me doubt everything, considering you'd have to be simultaneously willing to throw the game and yet sadistic enough to take it into 3-man lylo while torturing everyone here mentally.

:redhammer:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:ohdear:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Agh if you're scum stop loving with me.

If not: :hfive:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!