Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Fenris is an anime trope gently caress him. Bethany is okay but a bit heavy on the innocent cutesy. Merrill (or w/e) is sickening period. Isabella is the nerds idea of what sexual liberation is (lol at that outfit). Aveline is okay, as is Varric. Sebastien is laughably silly, Anders is even more of a fuckup than in DAOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Merrill Rivalry +95. LOL.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Isabella's introduction. God drat this lady just beat up some guys in a bar fight. That is a strong female character that only Bioware can write.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Merrill Rivalry +95. LOL.

hate gently caress incoming I guess (no idea really)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Regardless of gender, is there a more hacky way to try to characterize someone as tough by having them win a goddamn bar fight? Even television seems to have stopped touching that one.,

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

JawKnee posted:

Fenris is an anime trope gently caress him. Bethany is okay but a bit heavy on the innocent cutesy. Merrill (or w/e) is sickening period. Isabella is the nerds idea of what sexual liberation is (lol at that outfit). Aveline is okay, as is Varric. Sebastien is laughably silly, Anders is even more of a fuckup than in DAOA.

99% of my issues with Isabela go away if she just puts on some pants.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kibayasu posted:

99% of my issues with Isabela go away if she just puts on some pants.

Isabela: Put on some pants!
Jack: Put on a shirt!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jack's shirt is DLC. Very clever, Bioware.

Then she went on to get a teaching job wearing ribbons. Teaching biotics must suck if she got the job that easily.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Fenris was okay, he just had the worst loving character design.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The MSJ posted:

Then she went on to get a teaching job wearing ribbons. Teaching biotics must suck if she got the job that easily.

I thought her shirt and jacket was more work-attire appropriate in ME3. Maybe they asked her to put on a shirt when she first went to Grissom and she was like "ffffffuuuuck yo-eh, you've got a point"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lycus posted:

Isabela: Put on some pants!
Jack: Put on a shirt!

Bioware's next game is going to be an f2p MOBA with the kind of snarky banter you've all come to love and appreciate.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finished Act 2.

Decided to kill the Arishok after he attacked me. Then when Pirate Bitch showed up I was going to let him take her but then said F it. I'm gonna kill the mofo. I suspect things would have gone better had I let him have her but whatever.

Act 2 was better than Act 1.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Killing the Arishok is a cruel thing to do when like you, he's just a frustrated and reasonable-sounding guy surrounded by idiotic stereotypes. Plus you never have to deal with Isabela again. Total win-win situation there.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Deciding to annex a sovereign entity simply because you took a wrong turn is the American way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

exquisite tea posted:

Killing the Arishok is a cruel thing to do when like you, he's just a frustrated and reasonable-sounding guy surrounded by idiotic stereotypes. Plus you never have to deal with Isabela again. Total win-win situation there.

I was cool with the Arishok till he attacked me. Then I said F you, you gonna die. The worst thing I ever did to him was saying, "Yo, I helped this idiot dwarf, what about me?"

Other than that, I always agreed with him and was cool. He attacked me. So gently caress him. He dead now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Make sure you save before the big decision at the end of Act 3; you need to experience all the endings to really, truly understand DA2.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Waltzing Along posted:

I was cool with the Arishok till he attacked me. Then I said F you, you gonna die. The worst thing I ever did to him was saying, "Yo, I helped this idiot dwarf, what about me?"

Other than that, I always agreed with him and was cool. He attacked me. So gently caress him. He dead now.
If Isabela happens to return with the book, he wants you to turn her over. And I was like, "Um, ok she broke your laws and should be subject to them? You just killed the loving head of the government and a bunch of innocent people. Gonna turn yourself over to us for judging? Didn't think so. So...no." I did like him too, but sorry buddy, other than her lack of pants she's one of the funnier/better companions in the game.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

lobsterminator posted:

There could've been a bit fewer close-ups of Miranda's rear end.

I'm playing through the trilogy again and it is bioware's greatest writer's failing that they didn't convey that you're playing an 80s sci-fi shlock such that nerds actually weren't expecting tri-boob girls flashing at you at every turn.

There weren't enough thigh-gap closeups...

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

In DA:O I'm really liking infiltrating mobs and assassinating mages with Zevran. Is it at all feasible to play through DA:O using 3 rouges relying on poisons/bombs and traps like some kind of deathsquad? Or will the recipes and ingredients/parts completely bankrupt the party?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
DA2: Legacy is actually pretty good.

It looks great for the most part. The end boss is a challenge and is an interesting fight, too. I'd have to say it is the best thing I have seen in DA2.

Unfortunately, I am starting on Act 3 soon. As for why I bought Legacy? Cuz I am a dumb. (And I only spent $7 on DA2 so whatever.)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

DA2: Legacy is actually pretty good.

It looks great for the most part. The end boss is a challenge and is an interesting fight, too. I'd have to say it is the best thing I have seen in DA2.

Unfortunately, I am starting on Act 3 soon. As for why I bought Legacy? Cuz I am a dumb. (And I only spent $7 on DA2 so whatever.)

agree on Legacy, actually enjoyed it - and you'll appreciate having got it when you play DAI.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, that was a thing.

I am developing a theory that over at Bioware/EA they don't listen to their QA folks or just have idiot writers and idiot QA people, too.

Had I been a QA person I would have played through that last level and immediately gone to the devs and said:

1 - On the last set of battles, when the game ends after, why are there so many things to loot? What's the point of that?
2 - The end fight with Mr Mage was fine because we had seen that demon type before. Knight bitch? No thanks. That was utterly stupid.

Actually gently caress it. That whole game was stupid. Anders seemed like he was written by completely different people who didn't understand the character in the first game. Or who were just angry at the world or something.

How about: Blah blah blah, okay, it's on! We gonna battle. Later.

What? You guys are facing off and walk off in different directions? She says, I'm going to go gather my forces and you don't attack her then and there? Who thought that made any sense at all.

What a car wreck that final bit was.

And the statues.

I'm glad I played it because there is no way to understand just how stupid all of that was without seeing it first hand.

Fenric: gently caress y'all...i'm out. Oh wait, I'm back now! Psyche!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How DAI is inferior to the Mass Effect games:
-Mass Effect allows you a variety of non-combat outfits, including a DLC formal tuxedo/dress.
-DAI only allows to wear this nude-colored things that looks like a full-body underwear or pajamas.

How DAI is superior to Mass Effect:
-DAI allows you to craft a formal dress uniform thing that have the highest armor rating of the light armor category in the game. Especially if you use dragon webbing as your main component. Okay, you cannot add upgrades to it but you are still going out to cleave demons apart wearing a swanky suit made from dragon carcass.

The Pickles
Apr 9, 2011

You should try this wonderful lunch. It's more than a delicious tasty crunch.

The MSJ posted:

How DAI is inferior to the Mass Effect games:
-Mass Effect allows you a variety of non-combat outfits, including a DLC formal tuxedo/dress.
-DAI only allows to wear this nude-colored things that looks like a full-body underwear or pajamas.

How DAI is superior to Mass Effect:
-DAI allows you to craft a formal dress uniform thing that have the highest armor rating of the light armor category in the game. Especially if you use dragon webbing as your main component. Okay, you cannot add upgrades to it but you are still going out to cleave demons apart wearing a swanky suit made from dragon carcass.

Are you me?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Lycus posted:

Don't play video games out of obligation. Just wiki the story or something.

Watch all the cut scenes and dialogue bits on youtube, they're all there somewhere!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Pickles posted:

Are you me?

Do you also want to play a dwarf just to see how the romance cutscenes work? I am playing a qunari woman, and I swear Blackwall suddenly becomes taller when she kisses him.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, that was a thing.

I am developing a theory that over at Bioware/EA they don't listen to their QA folks or just have idiot writers and idiot QA people, too.

Had I been a QA person I would have played through that last level and immediately gone to the devs and said:

1 - On the last set of battles, when the game ends after, why are there so many things to loot? What's the point of that?
2 - The end fight with Mr Mage was fine because we had seen that demon type before. Knight bitch? No thanks. That was utterly stupid.

Actually gently caress it. That whole game was stupid. Anders seemed like he was written by completely different people who didn't understand the character in the first game. Or who were just angry at the world or something.

How about : Blah blah blah, okay, it's on! We gonna battle. Later.

What? You guys are facing off and walk off in different directions? She says, I'm going to go gather my forces and you don't attack her then and there? Who thought that made any sense at all.

What a car wreck that final bit was.

And the statues.

I'm glad I played it because there is no way to understand just how stupid all of that was without seeing it first hand.

Fenric: gently caress y'all...i'm out. Oh wait, I'm back now! Psyche!
Hey now! :mad:

I thought the statues were cool. Broke the battle's tempo up, and it was D&D as hell :black101:

The rest of it... yeah, I thought a lot of the same things.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

The MSJ posted:

Do you also want to play a dwarf just to see how the romance cutscenes work? I am playing a qunari woman, and I swear Blackwall suddenly becomes taller when she kisses him.
My Qunari woman romanced Josie and it's hilariously awkward how far down she has to bend for some kissin'. This run I'm doing a dwarf dude who's going to romance Iron Bull :getin:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The MSJ posted:

I did this just to see a female dwarf use a giant 2 handed battle axe and to see her spin Josie around in their romance. She's got a lot of upper body strength.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
So it's been a while since I read the thread, I come back to a page full of Dragon Age chat.

Any more info on the next ME game?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Aristobulus posted:

So it's been a while since I read the thread, I come back to a page full of Dragon Age chat.

Any more info on the next ME game?

Time travel. You go through a worm hole and end up in Ferelden. Hence the DA talk.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Yeah, the only good part of the Dragon Age 2 finale was when Meredith brought the statues to life. Then you destroyed them and they got back up as Spider Robots. The game needed more of that kind of stuff.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Beefstew posted:

Yeah, the only good part of the Dragon Age 2 finale was when Meredith brought the statues to life. Then you destroyed them and they got back up as Spider Robots. The game needed more of that kind of stuff.

I really disagree. That bit was really bad. It would have been fine in a different game but it made no sense in terms of DA. Especially from an end boss. Even more so from an end boss who wasn't a spell user. Who looked like Blonde Old Wonder Woman with stupid armor.

Had it been Orsino who did it...ok, that could work...sort of. I guess. It still wouldn't have made any sense based on the games up till that point, but it wouldn't have been nearly as much of a reach.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Since the thread has temporarily derailed into Dragon Age Chat, a Public Service Announcement: Dragon Age Inquisition is 30% off on Origin.

Back on the Mass Effect topic, after playing Citadel again, I'm once again very sad that Shepard's story is over. I wish we could get more games set with him as the character, I don't even care if they're all like Citadel, just an excuse to get the crew together and fight bad guys. It was different when ME2 was over, there was a steady stream of DLC acting as a bridge into ME3, which everyone knew was coming. I just, even more, wish we'd found out what was going on with our squad after the game was over.

E: VVV I meant even after that! :argh: What happened to Garrus, maybe Primarch? Did EDI and Joker's forbidden love become a reality TV show? Did Commander Shepard get it in? They gave you slides showing each of the ME2 squad members, but nothing for your ME3 squad.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 25, 2014

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Sky Shadowing posted:

Back on the Mass Effect topic, after playing Citadel again we found out what was going on with our squad after the game was over.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That Citadel pistol is surprisingly powerful. My Vanguard started using it instead of a shotgun or that merc pistol from a DLC.

DAI talk gives me the idea that instead of a turian, ME4 should just make us play a volus.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I would love it if the next mass effect game let us choose a race to play as. You can do it bioware, just make steve blum the main character :allears:

Cometa Rossa
Oct 23, 2008

I would crawl ass-naked over a sea of broken glass just to kiss a dick
Krogan or batarian or quarian in ME4, gently caress all other options

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
ME4 you will be human. But it is good to dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's good to be human.

• Locked thread