Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hihohe posted:

So ... When are we getting a new episodes. Was this the end of the season?

Its not, the first season is 52 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

I think they're just breaking for the holidays.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I'd say this is probably the most probable given what we've seen so far. But it's pretty obvious that Steven's body isn't that of a typical 8(?) year old boy. He's been shown to be quite physically strong, able to take large rocks to the noggin' with nothing but a very tiny scratch, and can hold his breath very a very long time. Seriously, try and hold your breath from the last time Steven takes a breath in Lion's mane to when he stumbles out again and then imagine an 8 year old's tiny lungs lasting just as long.

Whatever he is, it's not just a regular human boy with gem powers.

I could hold my breath for that long as a child, and as an adult, I was able to for three times the length he was in the mane.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
The boy doesn't impress me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hihohe posted:

So ... When are we getting a new episodes. Was this the end of the season?

Every show breaks in December for the holidays/holiday specials.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im just dreading the inevitable gap between season 1 and 2

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Im just dreading the inevitable gap between season 1 and 2

I thought they banked a whole bunch of completed episodes? It's possible there won't be much of a gap between seasons at all.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Also, let's be honest here, it's not like they have a regular schedule to begin with.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If it's anything like AT it'll be gone less than six weeks.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bown posted:

If it's anything like AT it'll be gone less than six weeks.

Yeah, pretty sure why there was that long break--they wanted to put it on an AT-like schedule, where it's airing nearly every week.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah it seems like Cartoon Network is trying to encourage its more popular shows to move away from the traditional seasonal format of airing for a long time and then taking a several-month-long gap to write new episodes, to the Adventure Time model where the show takes several breaks over the course of the year but otherwise runs more or less continuously.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Koos Goop posted:

I could hold my breath for that long as a child, and as an adult, I was able to for three times the length he was in the mane.

This explains a lot about you.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://awkwardstevenuniversephotos.tumblr.com/

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I am slightly disappointed that you posted that Nothing, and not Koos.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Koos Goop can't have all the weird Pearl fun.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Has Steven summoned his shield any other times besides Gem Glow and Ocean Gem?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Who What Now posted:

Has Steven summoned his shield any other times besides Gem Glow and Ocean Gem?

There was the whole 7th episode Bubble Buddies, when he trapped Connie and himself in the bubble.

edit: Whoops misread your post.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
He seems to be able to bubble gem shards at will now, but I don't know if that translates to being able to summon his shield at will.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

He seems to be able to bubble gem shards at will now, but I don't know if that translates to being able to summon his shield at will.
All the gems are capable of producing the small bubble and sending it to the shard room, while Stephen's personal-sized defensive bubble and shield appear to be techniques unique to him. I would guess bubbling shards is basically a Gem cantrip that all gems pick up pretty quickly.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Aren't his bubbles special in some way?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Not that I can remember. Unless you're talking about his big shield bubble. Then yes.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The reason he specifically had to bubble the shards in Secret Team was that his bubbles look like his Mom's.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Aren't his bubbles special in some way?

Ditocoaf posted:

The reason he specifically had to bubble the shards in Secret Team was that his bubbles look like his Mom's.

Yep, there's something about a "Rose Quartz bubble" that is different from the other Gems' bubbles re: Gem shards. Maybe the nurturing/healing nature of his gem makes those bubbles better at keeping shards docile?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

pksage posted:

Yep, there's something about a "Rose Quartz bubble" that is different from the other Gems' bubbles re: Gem shards. Maybe the nurturing/healing nature of his gem makes those bubbles better at keeping shards docile?

I'm not sure about that. I thought it was just that if Amethyst or Pearl made the bubble, it'd be a different color so Garnet would obviously see that they'd messed with the shards.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 30, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm pretty sure at one point they said that she was working on trying to make bubbles that could fix them, didn't they? That's why Pearl had one of her bubbles, to see if the gems were beginning to recombine at all.

(Speaking of, I wonder what it was about that bubble in particular that interested Pearl... some other gem that she used to know?)

Edit: Hmm, I think I was thinking of the part at the end of Monster Buddies when they say that she was trying to heal the gems, and then Steven bubbles a gem for the first time, I guess that doesn't connect the bubbles with the healing, necessarily.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 30, 2014

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Me want more steven universe :saddowns:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think it's back next Thursday.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, and All New Thursdays is being expanded to include pretty much every big current CN show except Clarence, which I'm not sure isn't gonna swoop in at 5:15 the week after that half-hour Gumball.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Believe in Steven.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Always.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Koos Goop posted:

Believe in Steven.

Believe in the Steven who believes in you.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was listening to the Star Wars theme when I remembered the show had its own version called Star Battles. I wonder how closely it mirrors Star Wars, and if they hosed up the prequels too.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

RandomPauI posted:

I was listening to the Star Wars theme when I remembered the show had its own version called Star Battles. I wonder how closely it mirrors Star Wars, and if they hosed up the prequels too.

I bet Steven actually liked the prequels because he always sees the best in everything and also he is like 10.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

jodai posted:

I bet Steven actually liked the prequels because he always sees the best in everything and also he is like 10.

10 years old is really the perfect age for enjoying any of the Star Wars.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Believe in the Steven who believes in you.

Believe in the Steven who believes in the you who believes in yourself.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Big fan of Gravity Falls. I was wondering if this show will appeal to me, humor-wise.

I recently discovered this amazing video, and subsequently found a clip from Steven Universe parodying it. I love Steven's reaction toward the video, since it's probably how I would feel in the situation. Is this kind of humor consistent throughout the whole show?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You will like the show. Give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wouldn't say that it's very similar to Gravity Falls but if you like one then there's a good chance you'll like the other.

• Locked thread