Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fluffdaddy posted:

Lol same. Better season than we deserved but man it kinda sucks losing to loving Ohio State.

Oh wow Alabama lost? I turned off the TV after Jameis's fumble. How'd the game go down exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
duck the bucks

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh wow Alabama lost? I turned off the TV after Jameis's fumble. How'd the game go down exactly?

Wait a second urban Meyer is trying to gently caress this up we might go to OT

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I don't understand what I just watched, how is an SEC team going to win the national title now?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Defense is dead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Defense is dead

And we are alive insh'allah

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ah well miracles don't happen for the dark lord.

Oregon is going to embarrass Ohio state though

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Top 5 SEC-W teams lost their bowls.

Surely this means that bowls are irrelevant and regular season results are what matter.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Defense is dead

Good.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GET hosed SEC SEC SEC

you too Urbz

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nah it means poo poo happens when you haven't taken a snap in a month. Sometimes it's a good thing sometimes not.

Sims looked real bad tonight and our secondary looked like it did all season.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Can there be much doubt that if the BCS was still a thing it would've been Bama-FSU in the NCG?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I thought Bama would be good enough to pull it off but, well, look what happened. Yikes.

We're gonna gently caress Ohio State up something wonderful.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

So which is more despondent, the state of Mississippi or the state of Alabama

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Linguica posted:

It is useful instruction for them to learn their place. Uppity Southerners are not welcome in society.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thermos H Christ posted:

Can there be much doubt that if the BCS was still a thing it would've been Bama-FSU in the NCG?

I'm not done with the beauty of this. Oregon gets the shot they would not, could not have gotten with a one-loss SEC champ Bama and an undefeated reigning champ FSU on the board. Bama would've rolled FSU and the narrative would have continued. I love you football, I hate you voters, bigger playoff now please thank you.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Elotana posted:

Hopefully "disciplined internally" means "named team captains for the next coin toss."

"We support our players in their furthering of the discussion of sexual assault on college campuses"

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

All sec bcs titles are now void pending my approval

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

harperdc posted:

I thought Bama would be good enough to pull it off but, well, look what happened. Yikes.

We're gonna gently caress Ohio State up something wonderful.

It will probably be a shootout.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I'm pretty sure that today might have been the best overall day of college football that I can seem to remember. Today seriously owned.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
TCU #1

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

I'm not done with the beauty of this. Oregon gets the shot they would not, could not have gotten with a one-loss SEC champ Bama and an undefeated reigning champ FSU on the board. Bama would've rolled FSU and the narrative would have continued. I love you football, I hate you voters, bigger playoff now please thank you.

The best part is these teams still arent even real champs cause they skipped tcu (and baylor). We need eight teams now

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Elotana posted:

Hopefully "disciplined internally" means "named team captains for the next coin toss."
The chant was a joke, based on well known allegations of rape. It was a rape joke. This is not really disputable.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Linguica posted:

Most of us didn't expect a good season to begin with so getting to the playoffs was a nice bonus.

Mississippi is sadder because they still live in Mississippi

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

go3 posted:

TCU #1

#2 at worst and I am not kidding at all.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Looks like the dominan division in college football is the Big Ten East!

Ohio State! Michigan! Michigan State!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thermos H Christ posted:

No doubt in my mind. This playoff has delivered beyond my wildest dreams so far.

Now, if you'll excuse me.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Well that was a fun 2 days of football. New Years Six is a dumb name, but good job largely entertaining me (minus the 2 surprise blow outs).

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Thermos H Christ posted:

#2 at worst and I am not kidding at all.

it's true

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yikes, dude. What a weird game.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

go3 posted:

TCU #1

Since bama and osu was close i think theyll have tcu three after the champ. Trying to figure out where theyll put baylor and fsu though

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

go3 posted:

TCU #1

Hell yes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'm pretty sure that today might have been the best overall day of college football that I can seem to remember. Today seriously owned.

that was because the Big Ten is the best conference in the country

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS PULLED THE CAR FROM THE SITE, THAT'S A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Did the Pac just disappear from existence?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
And so the Bama posters scatter into nothingness, like dust in the wind

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
it's going to be funny as hell when the sec east goes undefeated in bowls

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

I cant believe it but its true

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Best thing about this is we get a true Rose Bowl for the NCS. They may call it something else, but we all know it's the real one.

One bowl to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Defense is all your team has though

• Locked thread