Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

Al Borland posted:

steam sale is back on for that wakfu pack through the 2nd thats how i got my boosters. I might buy another honestly seems like a good deal.
You'd be buying it for a 2nd steam account or to get someone else to activate it for you (because Steam won't let you buy the DLC again) which isn't that bad an idea. It doesn't activate until you pull the CD-Key and paste it on anakama's site.
[edit]pulled quote from last page so others see sale...

[2nd edit]Forgot how to timg

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
They added the ability to purchase additional character slots on the character select screen, but it's 5,000 funbux per slot so unless you're really jonesing for more alts it doesn't seem like a great investment at the moment.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I'd honestly have to see how it treats the heroes bit... I mean, do you 'lose' them from the main char select to the Sidekicks screen? Can they be put back? Do they not get quest XP? Do all their spells show up at level? Are they still going to be hosed out of prospecting? I mean, as sidekicks, prospecting doesn't do anything for them in loot, which sucks because every good belt has +prospecting. If it did work, you'd run a 3x Enu squad grinding Otamai Hunter quest mats...

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Should have guessed there was a goon presence here as well. Friend got me into this after playing the tactical miniature boardgame for it. I have a guild started on Nox with a couple of friends (we also were out of the running for Haven worlds in the first hour or so). Still enjoying my summoner Osa after "nerf" , actually like her more now as the fights are more interactive, was a good change far as my play has been.
Also have a pure earth Enu crafter and some various alts, can't wait for the Heroes thing, if nothing more than to get passed some of the same areas instead of running them so much. You can generally find me on my Osa (Svandiss) or my Enu (Sploink) in sufo outpost or chillburg.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

SpiDeR posted:

I'd honestly have to see how it treats the heroes bit... I mean, do you 'lose' them from the main char select to the Sidekicks screen? Can they be put back? Do they not get quest XP? Do all their spells show up at level? Are they still going to be hosed out of prospecting? I mean, as sidekicks, prospecting doesn't do anything for them in loot, which sucks because every good belt has +prospecting. If it did work, you'd run a 3x Enu squad grinding Otamai Hunter quest mats...

As far as I can tell from beta:

the Heroes are deployed like sidekicks, but they get full xp plus booster, if underleveled. Wisdom and prospecting stacks are counted with Heroes deployed. Drops are funneled to the main charecters inventory like sidekicks.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I respecced my Osamodas to dragon with summoning as a sideline. The loss in summon power was relatively light given that I couldn't get two on the board anymore, and dragon's a better option in fights where the random summon AI might screw up a challenge.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I miss Shadow. Beelzebug is very disappointing.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Also todays christmas thing:

the cat :v:

e:

It gets you a free krossmaster box

also been playing my Feca a bit really liking him now.

Still confused as to how a few skills work but its not bad.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 24, 2014

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Jebus, boohemoth costume, awesome...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SpiDeR posted:

Jebus, boohemoth costume, awesome...

its p cool on my feca i still have no idea how to spend my feca skill points though :(

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Sorry chief, I got no idea either.. you may be better off checking out wakfu forum build posts or even asking a pubbie, I've only ran Sram at length and multiboxed Enu/Cra/Rogue's to the 40's.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
I'm currently travelling but I can answer your Feca questions when I'm back around Jan 2 or possibly tomorrow (internet is spotty to non-existent.)

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I started by maxing out the armor/glyph skill because their mechanic hinges on that. Second I put in feca master because it gives a pile of passive buffs.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
All I can offer is to get you to level 36 in like 30 minutes :effortless:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Valatar posted:

I started by maxing out the armor/glyph skill because their mechanic hinges on that. Second I put in feca master because it gives a pile of passive buffs.

Does upping the one armor increase the range you can place the glyph?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Another q: I see some of the pets in the store are on sale are they worth grabbin?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
It looks like only the *packs* are on sale; I don't remember exactly what's in them, only that I looked up the contents once and it was extra for dyes/accessories I didn't care about. So you might want to look up the specifics to be sure it's goodies you'd actually want to use.

limbohead
Jan 1, 2005
pigeons is rats with magic inside
Is there a good leveling guide I should be following? I've been killing gobballs for a bit and now I'm 33. Nation is Brakmar if that matters.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Grabbed the bow wow pack as it was basically 1500 more the colors are okay the lil bow stuff not my style but no real regrets cute dog goes well for my enutrof cause of the prospect bonus.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So I made a foggernaut and I LOVE IT. However how the heck do I use cybots? THese things are confusing it puts down a rail and that seems to be it then it disappears...

I want to use mother fogger for stasis when i stand on it the following turn a turret pops out but then it disappears the next turn...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Thread has been kinda quiet tonight.

So I've been looking around at nations on Nox and I really think amakna has the best player base as far as activity and social goes.

The environment isn't bad but from what I hear sufokia or whatever is kinda corrupt.

Anyways factions don't matter that much unless a war is on and when I get high level I'd love to see one start.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Chiming in to reiterate, if you don't love Amakna, you don't love America.

:911:

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
What server should I play on? With the most populations?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Bunny posted:

What server should I play on? With the most populations?

Nox if you're in North America is probably your best bet.

Side note: Double XP promotion on Thursday and Friday.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Oh my double xp is amazing, I used the gathering bonus weekend to shoot up my lumberjacking to max, but I can't kill the stuff where I go for wood, so good to catch up.
Also the foggernaut and cybots thing, I also could not figure it out either, but love my pure stasis fogger, he has like 325 points unspent as I have no idea what to put them into beyond the one I maxed.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mr.Booger posted:

Oh my double xp is amazing, I used the gathering bonus weekend to shoot up my lumberjacking to max, but I can't kill the stuff where I go for wood, so good to catch up.
Also the foggernaut and cybots thing, I also could not figure it out either, but love my pure stasis fogger, he has like 325 points unspent as I have no idea what to put them into beyond the one I maxed.

Mother fogger micro tracks and the crit thing that gives you likea bonus 20% crit the next round when you spend 1 wakfu in your current.

Holy poo poo that thing is murder.

Mother fogger and micro tracks increase reduce theircosts and increase their length of lasting so it becomes really useful.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I started an Osamoda on Nox. The class seems cool but I have no clue on how to summon monsters other then my bat dude. I'm looking for a pet/damage dealing class. Are they any other classes that are comparable? Have they been nerfed recently? Should I make something else..

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Drythe posted:

Chiming in to reiterate, if you don't love Amakna, you don't love America.

:911:

This is very true.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Al Borland posted:

Thread has been kinda quiet tonight.

So I've been looking around at nations on Nox and I really think amakna has the best player base as far as activity and social goes.

The environment isn't bad but from what I hear sufokia or whatever is kinda corrupt.

Anyways factions don't matter that much unless a war is on and when I get high level I'd love to see one start.

Factions don't matter ever, really. Wars are dumb and the drama they generate amounts to teenagers arguing about PK ethics in front of AW. If there's one huge, gaping hole in this game it's the lack of structured PvP. Wars ain't it.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

The Bunny posted:

I started an Osamoda on Nox. The class seems cool but I have no clue on how to summon monsters other then my bat dude. I'm looking for a pet/damage dealing class. Are they any other classes that are comparable? Have they been nerfed recently? Should I make something else..

They're fine, AFAIK. The only people pitching giant fits about now a)only being able to summon one pet per round and b)no longer being able to break the game by using lv50 monsters well past lv100 are, as far as I can tell, whiny babies on the Ankama forums who are probably bad at this game. (I was worried at first by all the negative noise too, but it doesn't seem like that big a deal in reality.)

Look at the gobgob/gobup descriptions. You'll need to cast your little demon buddy on a monster and then kill it. The gobgob will store the soul inside of itself, and cough it up on demand using gobup. When you're ready to delete an outdated tamed monster, open the gobgob window (pawprint by your HP) and click the monster and pick "digest." Captured monsters can "die" in combat without needing to be replaced in your demon storage, but you'll need to capture multiple copies if you want to use more than one of a particular monster simultaneously/after the other one dies halfway through a fight.

EDIT: Also I think I saw somewhere that Osas are not too far down on the revamp list, so hopefully any level stretches where they don't have decent summons available will get patched up now that they've nerfed the lv50 pet people were abusing. If nothing else I plan to switch to a mixed dragon transformation + summoner build in late game or during any rough stretches. Transforming sounds like fun too.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 31, 2014

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Reposting list of goons who play ---> here <---

Pubbie guild imploded. I have rank and there are hundreds and hundreds of keys... so we can snuggle up in this guild for as long as you guys want. I'll still help anyone cheese the first 35+ levels of a character in 30 minutes if you want. As a note, I don't really play a lot right now because the holiday thing blew up and I'm just not feeling the grind right this second, but if someone messages me on Steam, I'll run them through some early thing to feel better about my character. I'll admit, I started playing SW:TOR with some friends every day, it's been a more fun companion system lol.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
FUN FOGGERNAUT FACT:

Microtracks when leveled up go further out and if you align them distance apart they form a track you can glide on.

THis track can be used to spawn a mother fogger turret that you ride along it as a machine of death.

Basically you're an evil doom train that rains death down upon the world.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Has everyone moved over to Nox from Phaeris now? And if so why?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wezlar posted:

Has everyone moved over to Nox from Phaeris now? And if so why?

a lot of new players on nox. Mostly it seems everyones off for the holidays but I'm playing on Nox.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Did we take over the pubbie guild?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too

SoggyGravy posted:

Did we take over the pubbie guild?

Pubbie guild imploded. GM left an emo "we'll, looks like the guild's done" message. I have some rank and there are hundreds and hundreds of keys... so we can snuggle up in it for as long as you guys want... but nobody but the GM has ability to level the guild.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

SpiDeR posted:

Pubbie guild imploded. GM left an emo "we'll, looks like the guild's done" message. I have some rank and there are hundreds and hundreds of keys... so we can snuggle up in it for as long as you guys want... but nobody but the GM has ability to level the guild.

Why don't we just steal all the keys and migrate over to the Hive?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I bailed on the pubs yesterday, joined up with the other goons for at least the convenience of a shared chat channel. It's a shame there's no way to outright take over the pubbie guild, getting something pre-ranked would be a real time saver.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone know if the pet accessories in the cash shop are trade or no-trade? I know there's a section for them on the market, but I've never seen any for sale. I have some fakemoney left over and was thinking of buying a newbie friend a silly hat once they settle on a pet they like for long-term use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

mushroom_spore posted:

Does anyone know if the pet accessories in the cash shop are trade or no-trade? I know there's a section for them on the market, but I've never seen any for sale. I have some fakemoney left over and was thinking of buying a newbie friend a silly hat once they settle on a pet they like for long-term use.

I think they're non trade. I'll check when i get on.

• Locked thread