Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
open container
Sep 16, 2008
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...&abt=0002&abg=1

lmao it's like 2% looking for work 50% watching tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: im taking a poo poo in the toilet :siren:

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Not shown: the giant timesink attributed to masturbation.

e: actually, it's probably that lump of "personal care" shortly after waking up, and the other one before going to bed.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
At first I was kinda shocked it's tv and not internet but maybe they're watching tv and movies on the internet.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
lol read a book dummies

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They're just lazy, then.

My partner is the breadwinner and enjoys me being the stay at homo, so I get up around 6:30, make coffee and breakfast, then spend the morning cleaning. Afternoon is laundry or pet care, interspersed with internet or PS4. Evening is spent making dinner and an hour or two of TV together.

Weekend are volunteer work and any home repair that needs done.

Him being the provider, I don't feel as if he should have to do any sort of housework.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

criscodisco posted:

They're just lazy, then.

My partner is the breadwinner and enjoys me being the stay at homo, so I get up around 6:30, make coffee and breakfast, then spend the morning cleaning. Afternoon is laundry or pet care, interspersed with internet or PS4. Evening is spent making dinner and an hour or two of TV together.

Weekend are volunteer work and any home repair that needs done.

Him being the provider, I don't feel as if he should have to do any sort of housework.

are u gay?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

nice dude :wink:

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
drat with a pool of 300 people theres no room for denying this as fact

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
do breadwinners win all domestic arguments?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I am employed but I have the week off and so I've just been napping all day

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
When I was unemployed, I was in good shape and my house was immaculate. Now I am a gainfully employed fat man living in filth.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Reset_Smith posted:

When I was unemployed, I was in good shape and my house was immaculate. Now I am a gainfully employed fat man living in filth.

american dream

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
1% loving OP's mom
99% queuing up to gently caress OP's mom

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
get fat live in filth. cool life

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
Would totally marry someone so I could be unemployed and share their health insurance benefits. I'd prefer someone who cares about me, but it's not a deal breaker.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
less than 300 people pooled and 1 of them is 31 with 7 kids.

where the gently caress did they find these people?

I'm pretty sure "other leisure" is masturbation.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

loving lazy proles not getting a job and contributing to society by selling cell phones

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

cams posted:

loving lazy proles not getting a job and contributing to society by selling cell phones

more like pagers and beepers

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Apparently 2% of men without jobs spends their free time working. Uh I'm calling bullshit on these statistics NYTimes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They should separate out the people with kids from the rest. "Caring for others" isn't exactly an optional task for them.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

im unemployed since i just graduated from school and i spent like a month waking up every morning and just getting really hgih and watchign family ties. now i'm not getting high in the morning anymore and i have to find a job asap.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i basically just jerk off and go to the gym (where i jerk others off)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

where is the section for shooting dads

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if i had ten million dollars instead of not working and travelling, i'd not work and do heroin and play everquest and watch sitcoms from the eighties. i think i heard thats what heaven is like.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't think they surveyed any black people as nobody said they spent their free time hustling.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't think they surveyed any black people as nobody said they spent their free time hustling.

i've known so many people who say this and it always turns out their either thieves or on welfare. not just black ppl specifically or anything

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
A day in my life since I quit my job:

Sit around waiting to poop
jack off
game
show
game
jack off
can't think of anything worthwhile to do
oh it's dark out now just thought of tons of good outside projects or fun things i could have been doing oh well there is always tomorrow

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008
I think they just interviewed one guy who had like 300 different mustaches and they never caught on.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They really should rename it Funemployment

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
they all probably have a refrigerator to keep their tv snaacks in as well

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

they all probably have a refrigerator to keep their tv snaacks in as well

Of course they do cause they are on welfare spending the rich man's money. They should just sell their fridge to buy tools and then walk up to construction company ceo and tell him "I'm the guy for you, give me a job" and then be gainfully employed until his back goes out and he has to return to the welfare system but this time he might halfway deserve it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Father_Johann posted:

Of course they do cause they are on welfare spending the rich man's money. They should just sell their fridge to buy tools and then walk up to construction company ceo and tell him "I'm the guy for you, give me a job" and then be gainfully employed until his back goes out and he has to return to the welfare system but this time he might halfway deserve it.

see this guy gets it

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
my last bout of unemployment was mostly spent searching Dice and occasionally yelling at my reflection in mirrors if I happened to be holding my "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps!" mug when I walked past them.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Father_Johann posted:

It blows my mind this used to be how things worked. My grandfather got a job with the phone company by waltzing up to the office in the late 50s and asking for a job. Like they had no help wanted signs or classifieds or anything. He needed a job, knew how to use hand tools, so he went to the best paying place in the county for laborers and got hired on the spot.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Well I could be looking for work but I just bought a PS3. I think we all know what the right choice is :cmon:

MegaGatts posted:

It blows my mind this used to be how things worked. My grandfather got a job with the phone company by waltzing up to the office in the late 50s and asking for a job. Like they had no help wanted signs or classifieds or anything. He needed a job, knew how to use hand tools, so he went to the best paying place in the county for laborers and got hired on the spot.

Not only this, but I hear from several of these people that the only reason that I haven't found a job is that I'm not going to enough places and just dropping off resumes willy nilly. And now I hear that <10% of jobs posted online are actually filled by online applicants? gently caress :smithicide:

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
You live in a police state so if you're not working you're doing something wrong even though our country is already pretty much completely developed, the supply chain is in place to keep 1$ Mcchickens flowing to keep the proles fed. If you work and feel good about it you should die. Well, back to playing chivalry medieval warfare

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
How many hours can you actually spend looking for a job anyway? It's not like you're going questing about the countryside on horseback asking every innkeeper if they're hiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

poorlifedecision posted:

How many hours can you actually spend looking for a job anyway? It's not like you're going questing about the countryside on horseback asking every innkeeper if they're hiring.

When I was looking for one after being unemployed for four months I averaged about two hours a day. All at home though. In 95% of places if you show up physically and drop off a resume or something they'll still make you email one to HR and possibly fill out an application on line.

• Locked thread