Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

uG posted:

if you dont read the somethingawful forums constantly and remember everything then gently caress YOU

lol skowned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

drat i could go for some biscuits and gravy

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
gently caress you we won the Revolutionary war and saved your asses twice in both WW1 and WW2 to reserve the right to call baked goods whatever we want :911:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

uG posted:

i cant believe i get to say this but...

oh wow its time for our bi-monthly biscuits thread but not regular biscuits i really meant british haha!!!

speaking of, where is that dude who entire gimmick was posting british related topic? you really gonna take this poo poo?

Why do you hate delicious fun?

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
petits écoliers w/ black chocolate, close thread plz

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
Memories of grandma's house.

We have proper biscuits in Canada too.

Love me some chocolate Digestives.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Wamdoodle posted:

Why do you hate delicious fun?

i am the ghost of dr atkins (but with more bitches)

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
this is from québec, the kind of cookie you can only eat one before you die of diabetes but v. good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Dzhay posted:

1) What's the sauce?
2) Are these... bread-like products flavoured in any way?

1 sausage gravy
2 butter is a flavor I guess

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

uG posted:

i am the ghost of dr atkins (but with more bitches)

Oh shiiiii....!

tripwood posted:

this is from québec, the kind of cookie you can only eat one before you die of diabetes but v. good

gently caress. I think I'm contracting it just by looking at those! :eyepop:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
You and subsequently every other poster failed to post Tim-Tams and therefor are loving retarded idiots with poor culinary discipline.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Familiar with the all boy boarding school traditions I see.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I always thought biscuts and gravy would be really popular in engalnd. It seems to nail their flavor pallet completely.It has bread,butter, sausage, and milk. That's like 90% of British food, right?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

How can something so wrong taste so right?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

The Whole Internet posted:

How can something so wrong taste so right?

Yeah theres like literally no redeeming quality to that meal besides taste

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Fetus Tree posted:

It has more redeeming qualities when your're about to go work off 5000 calories slaving, sometimes literally, in a field all day.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
lol the british are such bitches about their sissy cookies

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Fetus Tree posted:

that's a little like saying "there's no redeeming quality to have tons of money except that you can spend it on things"

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

logical phalluses posted:

that's a little like saying "there's no redeeming quality to have tons of money except that you can spend it on things"

No, it actually isnt at all since money generally doesn't have negative health benefits like eating a 5000 calorie meal

And lets not pretend that the people that are eating biscuits and gravy are all athletes or slaves lol.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
bourbon biscuits and jammy dodgers really are rather good

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

No, it actually isnt at all since money generally doesn't have negative health benefits like eating a 5000 calorie meal

And lets not pretend that the people that are eating biscuits and gravy are all athletes or slaves lol.

eating a 5000 calorie meal doesn't have catastrophic health effects either unless you do it a lot, you fat gently caress

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

good biscuit thread, all, but it could do with less of the inexplicable attempts to stir up baked goods nationalism

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

good biscuit thread, all, but it could do with less of the inexplicable attempts to stir up baked goods nationalism

your biscuits look like poo poo

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
I bet you could get British people to eat biscuits and gravy if you called it something else like "salty pudding" or something.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

eating a 5000 calorie meal doesn't have catastrophic health effects either unless you do it a lot, you fat gently caress

you are either dumb or a poor troll, either way lol

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I like tea and crumpets :twisted:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

im bri-ish i like to pu a bikkie in me fookin bum bum lmao

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
You can still get those Hovis biscuits in variety boxes.

I live not far from a Fox's Biscuits factory and I've considered going in and asking why they don't just put Party Rings in a standard tube packet. I think the answer is along the lines of that they're trying to con you with that plastic tray thing so it looks like you get more.

Come to think of it, I suspect the real answer is "please get out of our biscuit factory".

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
i see the asda packaging in your post, op. get off my forums you filthy poor

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Dzhay posted:

1) What's the sauce?
2) Are these... bread-like products flavoured in any way?

1) It's sausage gravy.
2) They're biscuit-flavored, maybe slightly buttery if they're particularly fancy.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

you are either dumb or a poor troll, either way lol

it's you

you're dumb

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

US btw, poo poo is delicious

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

anyways my facorite biscuits are hit, just he normal one with chocolate cream in the middle

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

country ham biscuits are also pretty pro if you need something you can eat with your fingers

add an egg if you really want to :regd08:

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

simosimo posted:

SPECIAL FEATURE!
Hovis biscuits were limited edition digestives shaped in a bread shape. I can't remember why they put these out, but I remember them being nice!

These owned. Voted 5.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

loaf digestives were different to normal digestives, somehow. finer grained or something. regardless, you got them in cracker collections, and i would never put cheese on a regular digestive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
crimney & popsicle sticks a lorry drove down the roundabout with me whole years of abbot & costello crisps

• Locked thread