Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

memy posted:

The Beatles didn't suck at harmony but lol if you think they were the Michael Jordan of harmony.

The beach boys were the Michael Jordan of harmony, idiot fucker

lol no the beach boys did not do better doo wop harmonies than the thousands of black groups that invented it

why do beatles haters hate the blacks so much

the beatles invented rock harmony and are the jordan of harmony in rock music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i hope everyone is getting a good long look at how crazy racist hollisbrown and memy are, unabashed bigots both.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

radiatinglines posted:

Beatles are good, kinks are good, stones are good

I never understood the love for the beach boys

People don't like the Beach Boys, they like Brian Wilson. Pet Sounds is pretty dope tho.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The Beatles suck an astronomical amount.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Beatles were good but their best album doesn't come anywhere near Pet Sounds.

Beach Boys are gud

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

People don't like the Beach Boys, they like Brian Wilson. Pet Sounds is pretty dope tho.

or probably more this actually yessery

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Charles Manson was the best Beach Boy

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
who is greater, george martin or george r.r. martin?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

i think the british bloke is taller but the american is a lot wider

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

George Martin actually finishes what he starts

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
the beatles were good but the kinks were equally good at least

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

paul mccartney is the worlds most awkward cringe making man and he can't die soon enough

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

oh snap doug

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol at the notion that george rr martin is in any way comparable to george martin. I know op was being facetious but for you spergs who didn't catch that: it is not even a question yall george rr is just a goony as gently caress joke and if you think he's legit talented i hate to be the one to tell you this but you might be braindead

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
ob-la-di, ob-la-da is unironically my favorite beatles song

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Harime Nui posted:

He would be exposed as a wife beater and where Bill Cosby is now basically

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

thathonkey posted:

Lol at the notion that george rr martin is in any way comparable to george martin. I know op was being facetious but for you spergs who didn't catch that: it is not even a question yall george rr is just a goony as gently caress joke and if you think he's legit talented i hate to be the one to tell you this but you might be braindead

what are you even talking about

like do you actually think anyone is legitimately and honestly comparing a english music producer from the 60s to a pedophile fantasy author from the present because i dont think even people on this forum are stupid enough to do that, nor can i even see any reason or point behind doing that if i wrack my brain. i confuse

so yeah what are you even getting mad about, lowell

Damo fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 9, 2015

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Damo posted:

like do you actually think anyone is legitimately and honestly comparing a english music producer from the 60s to a pedophile fantasy author from the present because i dont think even people on this forum are stupid enough to do that, nor can i even see any reason or point behind doing that if i wrack my brain. i confuse

read the thread rtard

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
um obviously i did and i saw people making jokes about george martin / george rr martin soley based on the fact that their names are the same, nothing about anyone making a legitimate correlation or comparison between the two worth getting mad about

also you misspelled retard who the retard now doug :thurman:

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Dumb jokes in a comedy forum? Why I never!

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

HollisBrown posted:

Dumb jokes in a comedy forum? Why I never!

holy poo poo is it your loving job to not understand anything people say

god drat

i mean, you just made the exact point i made in my original post about this and then turned it around and tried to use it to insult me by implying i didnt get that people are joking.

the whole loving point i originally made was that people are just joking about grrm/george martin, and not legitimately comparing the two, and then i asked why that dude is getting upset about it. what you just said to me is exactly what i said in response to this topic

you are so frustrating and i hate you so much :cheers:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
you two dudes arguing back and forth is funny and enlightening. thanks, keep on.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
have y'all tried insulting the other's intelligence? I heard thats a good and effective burn.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
well to be fair it's impossible to have a proper conversation when one person is incapable or unwilling to actually read and parse information like a normal person with a normal brain and thought patterns and instead purposely misunderstands poo poo so he can just troll beatle lovers for his entertainment

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Trolling Beatles fans is pretty much my favorite thing ever.

I once got into a fist fight with someone because I wouldn't admit they were the greatest band of all time.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

HollisBrown posted:

Trolling Beatles fans is pretty much my favorite thing ever.

you must have a fun life

HollisBrown posted:

I once got into a fist fight with someone because I wouldn't admit they were the greatest band of all time.

how badly did you get your rear end kicked

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
:gas:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Trolling is better when you try to be funny when you're doing it tho

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

radiatinglines posted:

Trolling is better when you try to be funny when you're doing it tho

ya just being an insufferable fuckface troll isnt exactly entertaining op

i hope you learned something from this thread

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

whatis posted:

ob-la-di, ob-la-da is unironically my favorite beatles song

quote:

According to studio engineer Geoff Emerick, John Lennon "openly and vocally detested" the song, calling it Paul's "granny music poo poo".[5] Lennon left the studio during a recording of the song (after several days and literally dozens of takes of the song, trying different tempos and styles), then returned while under the influence of marijuana, went immediately to the piano and played the opening chords much louder and faster than before. He claimed that was how the song should be played, and that is the version they ended up using.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I nominate George Harrison for least bad Beatle

he seems like a cool guy and my sweet lord is a cool song with neat slide guitar

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i would beat up op in a fight about the beatles

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

I nominate George Harrison for least bad Beatle

he seems like a cool guy and my sweet lord is a cool song with neat slide guitar

George is the best, sucks for him he was in Beatles for so long

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
harrison was the bitch beatle

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

Damo posted:

um obviously i did and i saw people making jokes about george martin / george rr martin soley based on the fact that their names are the same, nothing about anyone making a legitimate correlation or comparison between the two worth getting mad about

I was not making a joke

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

George is cool but John had the best solo stuff by far IMO

Fun fact: the slide guitar on for you blue is played by John with a shotgun shell

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Damo posted:

lol can you not read bud?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
didnt read this topic, gently caress the op lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
Rush > The Beatles. Please discuss