Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

My dad works for Nintendo

Uhhh actually it's my uncle that works at Nintendo. LMFAO at this nerd.

e; oh man this thread :allears:. WE are all just sheep for thinking the MCC actually counts as a game. It's not 343's fault, guys. It's everyone else.

Booties fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
This popped up on my phone:

The UGC tournament began on Friday in St. Louis, Missouri and culminated with a grand finals match on Sunday night. It featured a $20,000 prize pool and a chance to earn 4,000 points toward the Halo Championship Series. Unfortunately, the Twitch stream of the event was full of delays, restarts, and crashes of The Master Chief Collection.

Totes fixed not 4v3i's fault etc.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

http://youtu.be/n55OneZki9g

^This is what current top tier Halo 1 players are doing these days. I love and miss these dudes.

There were some seriously impressive kills there. I liked the rocket blooper getting stuck in the ceiling and when he shoots the pistol with a rocket. Also I had no idea there was a double melee.

Booties posted:

WE are all just sheep for thinking the MCC actually counts as a game. It's not 343's fault, guys. It's everyone else.
Don't feed the trolls. MCC is lovely enough as it is you don't need to give them kindling. I still find it hilarious people honestly expected it to work.

brb playing halo 5

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

Don't feed the trolls. MCC is lovely enough as it is you don't need to give them kindling. I still find it hilarious people honestly expected it to work.

Ehhhhhhh they aren't baseless trolls though. Halo 4 worked because it was bungie's engine. Halo 5 and the MCC have similar matchmaking issues.

One could say maybe it's the Xbone's fault, but no one seems to have the same issues as 343. In fact, you would expect 343 to be the studio the MOST optimized to perform on the xbone because they are a part of the company that manufactures them. But what do I know.

Everything stinks and we're all gay retarded babies.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Booties posted:

Everything stinks and we're all gay retarded babies.
Halo is dead and we're all sheep for playing it

I'm pretty convinced Halo 5 is gonna be broken at launch, people won't want to play by themselves, go onto the next destiny DLC for $70, and it'll die before christmas.

Shame though, because it's a lot of fun

Halo 5 beta thread plug

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Normally when you want to burn someone with sarcasm you say something too outlandish to happen, not something that's already halfway real.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

MickRaider posted:

Halo is dead and we're all sheep for playing it

I'm pretty convinced Halo 5 is gonna be broken at launch, people won't want to play by themselves, go onto the next destiny DLC for $70, and it'll die before christmas.

Shame though, because it's a lot of fun

Halo 5 beta thread plug

well, if you want people to play your game then make sure it works and that it is actually a good game.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Booties posted:

well, if you want people to play your game then make sure it works and that it is actually a good game.

doesn't matter, brand loyalty from people who don't read online about video games will always sell lovely broken games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

AdmiralViscen posted:

Not in a party you won't. Just like MCC it only works if you are alone when you search.

And yes I know what rubber banding is, I am talking about myself and other dudes just snapping forward and backward, back and forth. Don't lecture me on definitions when you feel a game is "working" when you need to do the Konami code to escape from its matchmaking trap.

edit - to be fair this is based on a single match since after over an hour spent in three separate sessions I was only able to join one.

The only time I've played MCC with a friend in party so far, it worked decently. (For MCC) Finding games didn't take too long and it was fun. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
List of new achievements worth a total of 500G

http://www.trueachievements.com/dlc.aspx?dlcid=5116

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

MCC is the worst cash grab ever in gaming history. Yes I'm including all movie based games in this.

343i is drowning right now and Halo 5 Beta isn't pulling them out of the water. It's fun, but if they don't fix the buggy matchmaking it's hosed.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just found enough players for a big team battle, voted on the map, then it kicked 4 players, and went back to looking for players. Guess I was just getting lucky with how well it's worked the last few times I've played.

Also, I really wish there was a Big Team Slayer playlist and Big Team Objective instead of both together.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
I've consistently been trying with a party of four (non split screen) and I have never managed to join two games in a row. There's always players 'not ready for matchmaking' leading us to try rotating the party leader (which will achieve nothing) then we'll restart the game and try joining each other again and if that manages to work then we'll get to play one game before starting the whole process over. And half the time one of us will be disconnected from any game we end up in.

Campaign also feels like I'm wading through treacle when I play co-op. It's extremely slow.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

MickRaider posted:

MCC is the worst cash grab ever in gaming history. Yes I'm including all movie based games in this.

343i is drowning right now and Halo 5 Beta isn't pulling them out of the water. It's fun, but if they don't fix the buggy matchmaking it's hosed.

That's the nicest way I've heard him put it. You should hear these guys in private chats. I've been playing video games since I was a little kid, maybe 5. I'm 25 now. This is the worst gently caress up I've seen in gaming in 20 years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

In Halo 2 using the Universal Reclaimer control scheme, how do you fire the banshee's bomb in multiplayer?

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
been having a lot of fun playing tonight

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
How to get all Spartan Ops achievements
1. Play solo
2. Set to legendary difficulty
3. Turn on all skulls
4. Start game
5. Quit game

Mission complete!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

1. Play solo
3. Turn on all skulls
4. Start game
5. Quit game

Mission complete!

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

you shoulda photoshopped 4v3i as well. that would have made it the epitome of lulz

343i shouldn't even pretend like they're trying. I mean a beta months before a game launches? more like months for them to do nothing before launching a broken game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

1. Play solo
3. Turn on all skulls
4. Start game
5. Quit game

Mission complete!

Time to platinum: 6 hours.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

univbee posted:

Time to platinum: 6 hours.

I got the platinum LASO nameplate last night

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Good thing they worked through that thanksgiving holiday, as they were so quick to tell everyone. It wouldn't have made sense to do it if the game was still utterly bugged to death weeks later.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

1. Play solo
3. Turn on all skulls
4. Start game
5. Quit game

Mission complete!

That puts it on the same level of broken as Big Rigs racing, where the way to "win" is not to play:

1. Win first level by driving backwards through it
2. Load up every other level, you win automatically
3. Quit and uninstall game, demand your money back

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MickRaider posted:

you shoulda photoshopped 4v3i as well. that would have made it the epitome of lulz

343i shouldn't even pretend like they're trying. I mean a beta months before a game launches? more like months for them to do nothing before launching a broken game.

Like how MCC was released totally polished and working. Why would anyone doubt 343i on their ability to release a good, actually working game when they haven't even had a real chance yet!

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

1. Play solo
3. Turn on all skulls
4. Start game
5. Quit game

Mission complete!

Didn't work, lol?

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

empathe posted:

Didn't work, lol?

It does work, you just have to do it with every single level. You'll notice that each time you immediately quit, it is marked as completed. Once you do all 5 missions in an episode you get the achievement.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I just wanted to jump in ask this: Recently, I've taken an interest in playing Halo. I've only ever played the first game (albeit briefly, when over at a friend's house). I should point out that I don't own an XONE, or any of the other XBOX consoles. I know that there are PC ports of the first two games, but I don't know anything about their quality, or if they're even compatible with Windows 7.

I've heard that the Master Chief Collection has issues, but that it's being patched and is getting better. Would it be worth picking a XONE for the collection at some point in the future? If not, is there a cheaper/more ideal way to play something in the series? I know the collection doesn't include ODST or Reach. I've heard that ODST wasn't that great, but I thought Reach looked interesting.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Max Wilco posted:

So I just wanted to jump in ask this: Recently, I've taken an interest in playing Halo.

Are you interested in the single player content or multiplayer?

If it's just campaigns, ODST and Reach are two of the better ones, and they're obviously not included. 1 and 2 are pretty dated by now as well, I couldn't imagine going through them for the first time now and enjoying it.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
I can't connect to any matches at all. Been staring at halo 2 slayer matchmaking for 10 minutes straight. Before I could connect to one if I waited a few minutes. I can't believe I got all hyped up and spent $60 on this piece of poo poo. Bungie went down the tubes and 343 can toss my salad. At least the halo 5 beta works I guess.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Edmund Honda posted:

Are you interested in the single player content or multiplayer?

If it's just campaigns, ODST and Reach are two of the better ones, and they're obviously not included. 1 and 2 are pretty dated by now as well, I couldn't imagine going through them for the first time now and enjoying it.

Sorry, I meant to include that in my post. My interest is mainly in the single-player content.

That being said, though, I saw an ad for Halo 5, and the multiplayer looked like fun.

How do the campaigns for Halo 3 & 4 fare? I've seen a couple of people complain about Halo 4, but based on what you said, it sounds like they benefit from fixing or changing things from the first two campaigns. I remember that Halo 1 got a lot of flak for having really long levels towards the end, including one that was a retread of an earlier level.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 10, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Max Wilco posted:

So I just wanted to jump in ask this: Recently, I've taken an interest in playing Halo. I've only ever played the first game (albeit briefly, when over at a friend's house). I should point out that I don't own an XONE, or any of the other XBOX consoles. I know that there are PC ports of the first two games, but I don't know anything about their quality, or if they're even compatible with Windows 7.

I've heard that the Master Chief Collection has issues, but that it's being patched and is getting better. Would it be worth picking a XONE for the collection at some point in the future? If not, is there a cheaper/more ideal way to play something in the series? I know the collection doesn't include ODST or Reach. I've heard that ODST wasn't that great, but I thought Reach looked interesting.

You can play all of them for decent prices on the 360. MCC on the bone has Halo 1-4 and will be getting ODST dlc. If you just want to play Halo, do it on the 360 for cheaper. If you want to play Halo 5 (when it comes out) or other non-Halo games consider the Xbox One.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Bobtista posted:

Like how MCC was released totally polished and working. Why would anyone doubt 343i on their ability to release a good, actually working game when they haven't even had a real chance yet!
That's exactly my point.

Halo 4 worked great. But hey let's just continue pretending like I think MCC is a good game and that halo 5 will launch without problems.

For the millionth time, I'm not buying Halo 5 till I know it works because MCC is the worst cash grab in history and people are loving retards for thinking you can jam 4 incompatible games into one UI and it'll work flawlessly.

Halo 5 is a ton of fun. I just hope they don't gently caress up the matchmaking, which they probably will because they don't have the network and matchmaking engineers like bungie had.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Max Wilco posted:

Sorry, I meant to include that in my post. My interest is mainly in the single-player content.

If all you want is Single Player, for-sure get the 360 versions of everything. There isn't a formal 360 version of Halo 2, but if your 360 has an official Microsoft hard drive (this means 20 gigs or larger), you can play the original Xbox version on it (there's a speedrun going on right now on AGDQ doing exactly this, in fact). Most Gamestops have way more copies of the 360 Halo games than they know what to do with so they're plentiful and cheap. There are even occasional eBay auctions for "Xbox 360 and every Halo game for it", and all of the games have minimal patches so you can be up and running extremely quickly.

Getting every Halo game, a 360 and a hard drive (and the other essential accessories) shouldn't run you more than $200ish.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

343i should be embarrassed to be the only glitched game this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBJCPI1b8w
oh wait, every loving game is broken

Granted MCC is far and above the worst

Don't buy games at launch. Don't pre-order. Buy a game only when it works.

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 11, 2015

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

MickRaider posted:

343i should be embarrassed to be the only glitched game this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBJCPI1b8w
oh wait, every loving game is broken

Speaking of glitches
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1201908

Only works for levels with 2 cutscenes however (delta halo, gravemind, idk what others)

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Lord Zedd posted:

Speaking of glitches
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1201908

Only works for levels with 2 cutscenes however (delta halo, gravemind, idk what others)

That's hilarious. The first 3 links don't work on the gaf post, but the youtube one does.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
The game has been out for two months. Just bought it. Literally unplayable, l can't get into any matches. This is the first time I've ever had something like this happen with any game, ever. And this is supposed to be a top billing release for a next gen console...

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

1. Play solo
3. Turn on all skulls
4. Start game
5. Quit game

Mission complete!

Haha, I'll have to do this before the next update, no loving way am I playing through Spartan ops again.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Tussin Grimace posted:

The game has been out for two months. Just bought it. Literally unplayable, l can't get into any matches. This is the first time I've ever had something like this happen with any game, ever. And this is supposed to be a top billing release for a next gen console...

How the gently caress did you buy it without hearing it was totally broken first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Max Wilco posted:

Would it be worth picking a XONE for the collection at some point in the future? If not, is there a cheaper/more ideal way to play something in the series? I know the collection doesn't include ODST or Reach. I've heard that ODST wasn't that great, but I thought Reach looked interesting.
The Xbone should fall in price back to an effective price of $250 some time around march with a bundle of crap to bring it up to $330 actual price. Halo MCC will absolutely be in that bundle of crap. So wait a little and buy an xbone.

If you really cannot wait buy a copy of Halo the PC game on ebay for like $4 and play that to tide yourself over, reveling in how copy/pasted every single thing is and how lazy and uncreative Bungie are.

• Locked thread