Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Benny the Snake posted:

I just got an earful from this douche who's moving to Texas because low taxes, less government, and less illegals and asians.

Must be gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Part of being a white man in the bay area is getting a arranged marriage with a asian woman.

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i get guavas from the farmers market guavas fuckin rule

I buy my guavas in cans. Only if it has a humming bird on it though.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Hummingbirds are adorable :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

Hummingbirds are adorable :)

California has them year around.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Dely Apple posted:

Let us pay tribute to our anointed saint of California

That's amaaaaziiiin'

Good old Howser. He was so enthusiastic and amazed at the most mundane poo poo. I guess that works for a certain audience though. My 70 year old father-in-law worships him and will still call us excited to tell us any time there's a rerun on that was taped anywhere near us.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PixieDreamGirl posted:

I buy my guavas in cans. Only if it has a humming bird on it though.

Wouldn't the bird fly away?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
What's a good place to eat at off Foothill in/around Upland?

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Ok you all made me look up the chicken law and

"Proposition 2, as it's called, required eggs in California to come from chickens that have enough room to fully extend their limbs and turn around freely."
"In the end, they decided that each chicken is legally entitled to at least 116 square inches of floor space."

I can't believe we had to write this into law. Wouldn't basic loving human empathy make you treat your animals at least this well?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Han Nehi posted:

Wouldn't basic loving human empathy make you treat your animals at least this well?

No.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Han Nehi posted:

"Proposition 2, as it's called, required eggs in California to come from chickens that have enough room to fully extend their limbs and turn around freely."
"In the end, they decided that each chicken is legally entitled to at least 116 square inches of floor space."

I can't believe we had to write this into law. Wouldn't basic loving human empathy make you treat your animals at least this well?

you probably don't want to go looking at pictures of what they do to chickens in industrial farms, then

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Han Nehi posted:

Lol that's less than a foot by a foot. How did this catapult egg prices?

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

Waltzing Along posted:

Wouldn't the bird fly away?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

they basically had to make a new cage for every chicken and they have a lot of chickens

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i get guavas from the farmers market guavas fuckin rule

guavas will give you the worst constipation in your entire life, you probably shouldn't pound them so voraciously

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Han Nehi posted:

You're adorable if you think factory farms aren't run by soulless cocksuckers.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

guavas will give you the worst constipation in your entire life, you probably shouldn't pound them so voraciously

its cool i dont really eat meat so im pretty much the fiber champion

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

its cool i dont really eat meat so im pretty much the fiber champion
...I didn't need to know that

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My parents got to be in a California's Gold episode background in some cafe while I was working in Vegas and I have never forgiven myself for leaving the state and missing that opportunity.

Life is hollow now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
California: all the best and most of the worst of the US but in state form.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://streetpeeper.com/cities/san-francisco?type=street_peep

naem
May 29, 2011

California: how do I afford to live here? What am I, what are my, long term,

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Does this guy just walk around looking for the worst human being hipsters in SF to display them for the world to see?

Cuz he is doing a good job.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

California, where people go thinking they will work for warner brothers but instead work for vivid entertainment.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

California, where people go thinking they will work for warner brothers but instead work for non union disney.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

A factory that used to be able to hold (say) 5000 chickens can now only hold maybe 3000 chickens legally. The cost of operating the factory itself stays about the same but it outputs a lot fewer eggs now so the price has to go up.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Benny the Snake posted:

...I didn't need to know that

im very regular

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

withak posted:

A factory that used to be able to hold (say) 5000 chickens can now only hold maybe 3000 chickens legally. The cost of operating the factory itself stays about the same but it outputs a lot fewer eggs now so the price has to go up.

just wait this will make wic and other things go up in tax payer costs to cover eggs.

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

thinking about maybe making a road trip to LA. We should meet up at Galco's!
Over 5,000 soda's to choose from.
And they have a make your own soda machine, with over a million flavor combinations!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

TOILETLORD posted:

just wait this will make wic and other things go up in tax payer costs to cover eggs.

This whole thing sounds like people whining about the price of cotton rising after 1865.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

withak posted:

This whole thing sounds like people whining about the price of cotton rising after 1865.

I guess it is if black people and animals have the same social standing in your mind.

The Baumer
Oct 22, 2008
Gringo living in beautiful South Gate CA (northern Mexico). Enjoying being 6'3" in an ocean of 5'4" browns, ice cream trucks regardless of weather, corn guy, tamale guy, zapatero, and mariscos.

Not enjoying explaining why I live in South Gate at least twice a week, fireworks ( gunfire) every loving night and everyone has an outside dog that barks 24/7. Also chunti music is bad and loud.

the_raging_hatter
Jun 24, 2006

In this style 10/6

Benny the Snake posted:

What's a good place to eat at off Foothill in/around Upland?

Not exactly in upland, but in the Victoria Gardens mall in Rancho there's a great food/beer place called The Yard house that's pretty good. Huge beer selection.

Also I've heard that Slater 50/50 (sp?) is good but I haven't tried it yet.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The Baumer posted:

Gringo living in beautiful South Gate CA (northern Mexico). Enjoying being 6'3" in an ocean of 5'4" browns, ice cream trucks regardless of weather, corn guy, tamale guy, zapatero, and mariscos.

Not enjoying explaining why I live in South Gate at least twice a week, fireworks ( gunfire) every loving night and everyone has an outside dog that barks 24/7. Also chunti music is bad and loud.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/south-gate-mexico-comes-to-california/

lol at your retarded decision making skills

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i go to south gate a couple times a year and it rules

its fun to bring out of state visitors there too

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

other things that own about California:

Liquor in every grocery or drug store since it doesn't have a state liquor store monopoly system

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

etalian posted:

other things that own about California:

Liquor in every grocery or drug store since it doesn't have a state liquor store monopoly system

still lolling that this is a thing anywhere

at a wedding in Pennsylvania they had to have a licensed bartender pour the drinks for people and they couldn't pour it themselves lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

still lolling that this is a thing anywhere

at a wedding in Pennsylvania they had to have a licensed bartender pour the drinks for people and they couldn't pour it themselves lmao

18 US states still have the dumb state monopoly system.

Also going into Trader Joes to buy both hippy treats and tito's vodka owns.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
literally drinking trader joes titos now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I can't go to Trader Joe's because I always end up buying way too much candy
It's really good candy

• Locked thread