Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Howard Beale posted:

refractory period, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Phlegmish posted:

it really was a masterful troll to call their country that

Macedonians take great pride in their Hellenic heritage. Greeks think Macedonians are a bunch of Slavic hicks who are making them look bad.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

Here's a classic from 2009 not Russia but close enough, an Estonian guy selling mushrooms without permit in Helsinki, police also receives "assistance" from a guy with a broom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyw8s7UyRU

the guy was sentenced to 10 months probation and 1400 euros paid to the cop he hit

amazing that he wasnt shot 500 times with only 8 bullets hitting him and the rest hitting bystanders

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iamblikhos posted:

Macedonians take great pride in their Hellenic heritage. Greeks think Macedonians are a bunch of Slavic hicks who are making them look bad.

Even ancient greeks looked down on Macedonia as a backwards barbaric culture.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

right up until they conquered half the known world, after that they were suddenly totally greek

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

How did you manage to get the 3rd Hobbit so early?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Phlegmish posted:

it really was a masterful troll to call their country that

woo, a chance to talk about poo poo I studied in college!

OK, so the region is called Macedon/Macedonia, and has been called that for a long long time, which is where the country's name comes from. So no real foul there. The problem is that Macedonia is pretty ethnically diverse, even in the ethnically-diverse Balkans. While Serbia has Serbs, Greece has Greeks, Albania has Albanians, and Bulgaria has Bulgars, there's no proper historical Macedonian ethnicity, at least not according to its neighbors. Instead, within Macedonia you have people of the four aforementioned ethnicities living together, which led to some major diplomatic squabbles in the early 20th century. Serbia/Yugoslavia ended up winning those debates, which is why Macedonia was a Yugoslav republic and why it's now officially called the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. So geographically it is the Macedonia of Alexander the Great, but the demographic shifts of the last 2300 years mean that it can't justifiably be called a Greek region, and so Greek nationalists will forever be pissy about that region.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Iamblikhos posted:

More like "Chaotic Gay"

lmao they got an afro-hispanic woman to play a bactrian

oliver stone shouldve stopped making movies after nixon

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

TheIllestVillain posted:

Hollywood, am I right?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

And you just know that there's a ton of Bactrian actresses they could've gotten for the role. When will Hollywood stop casting afro-hispanic people as ancient Afghans?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

And you just know that there's a ton of Bactrian actresses they could've gotten for the role. When will Hollywood stop casting afro-hispanic people as ancient Afghans?

preach it

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHb4Q6hSXEI

Finnish band The Leningrad Cowboys performing together with the Red Army choir in '93 at the Senate Square in Helsinki.

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

does anyone have that MSPaint comparing different Slav nationalities based on how untainted and Slavic they were? It had poo poo like Russians and Serbs as barrel-chested military ubermenschen while Czechs and Poles were dirty Nazis and Croats, etc. were little goblins.

You mean one of these?

I only have this one, though. :(

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

the night dad posted:

You mean one of these?

it's really really close to that. I remember asking for it in another thread, let me see if i can find it there.

e: found it!

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 11, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's really really close to that. I remember asking for it in another thread, let me see if i can find it there.

lmao

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

LOL

However, it gets everything completely wrong. (I mean, even as far as stereotypes are concerned.)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheIllestVillain posted:

oliver stone shouldve stopped making movies after nixon

counterpoint she has bomb-rear end titties

sleepycat
Apr 21, 2004

Mmmm
Dinosaur Gum
:nws:http://imgur.com/Eu2ttV6

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

counterpoint she has bomb-rear end titties

she fine as all hell

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

TheIllestVillain posted:

"sleepycat" post posted:

:nws:http://imgur.com/Eu2ttV6

she fine as all hell

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Friendly Tumour posted:

Finnish band The Leningrad Cowboys performing together with the Red Army choir in '93 at the Senate Square in Helsinki.

Jesus gently caress, this is one hell of a pro-click.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

ZearothK posted:

Jesus gently caress, this is one hell of a pro-click.

Thanks for pointing that out, the video is excellent. Especially the Red Army march at 46:00.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

these are loving retarded, kill yourself please if you think of posting this poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Node posted:

these are loving retarded, kill yourself please if you think of posting this poo poo

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Friendly Tumour posted:

had my doubts till I clicked ahead to 26 mins

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I never realized that Melissa McCarthy was Russian and used to be skinny-er.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

this is the russia thread, not goon.jpg

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Может быть, она отправляет здесь

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

that's not a russian, that's just that annoying girl who makes rageface comics out of her selfies.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

now make one in order from best to worst off economically.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Friendly Tumour posted:

Vashro posted:

had my doubts till I clicked ahead to 26 mins

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Friendly Tumour posted:

gently caress yes, total balalaika show
sweet home alabama with volga boatman thrown in rules

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

you forgot to draw the scores of tiny Muslim skeletons that Spain is standing on

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Lichy posted:

you forgot to draw the scores of tiny Muslim skeletons that Spain is standing on

That leads to the very important question who is best at removing kebab.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

the night dad posted:

You mean one of these?

lol

lmbo

slovenes wins

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Funny how Slovaks and Czech look down upon Poles, Poles look down upon Ukrainians, etc. It's like hate travels east.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

the night dad posted:

You mean one of these?

what is this flag stink line meme called it's somehow hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

what is this flag stink line meme called it's somehow hilarious
no particular name, but origin seems to be flag bearer threads on /pol/