Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Ohio State Buckeyes 31 Minnesota Golden Gophers 24.

We are objectively better than Oregon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Crotch Bat posted:

"Melvin Gordon is going to run all over OSU"

"OSU can't handle the SEC"

"Good luck not losing by 45 to Oregon's 3,400 play per game offense, Buckeyes"

TCU should probably be thankful they weren't on the menu because OSU was loving shredding anything put in front of them.

Also hot drat VT beat the national champs on the road in a game that wasn't even close that's genuinely cool.

For the second time Urbz lucks out and doesn't have to play the best team in the country.

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 13, 2015

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

harperdc posted:

I just can't believe Ohio State went from "yeah they're probably pretty good but how in the world are they gonna do in the playoff" to champions. drat.

I would have thought that at some point somebody would be wary about playing this underdog team coached by 2006-2007 national champion Urban Meyer but I guess not

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

If was cool when Florida was good at football.

I hope we are good at football again soon.

Tim Tebow flashbacks during pre-game made me bitterly nostalgic for the good ol' days (of 8 years ago)

Butthead
May 31, 2011
TCU should have been in the playoff. Alabama shouldn't have made it, but the SEC had some historically record setting levels of overrated-ness so their best team had to make it.

Actually Florida State really shouldn't have made it, but how can you keep out the only undefeated team (unless it is a Utah team coached by Urban Meyer).

TCU got hosed by being a smaller school that doesn't have a long history of football success.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If rear end poo poo Notre Dame would have beaten FSU then everything would have worked out fine. Because of them we can't have nice things.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Pakled posted:

Here's ESPN's way too early preseason rankings.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12138345/tcu-leads-2015-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

Commence the incessant bickering.

lies there is no Texas in that list, can't be ESPN.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Elephanthead posted:

If rear end poo poo Notre Dame would have beaten FSU then everything would have worked out fine. Because of them we can't have nice things.

FSU's schedule is absolutely littered with teams that could/should have beaten them. Okie State, NCSU, Clemson, Miami, BC, Louisville, Florida, GT all belong on that list beside ND.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

JT Jag posted:

Ohio State is victorious in history's first College Football Playoff. Much of the praise has to go to Urban Meyer for rebuilding that program according to tried and true SEC principles. It is truly gracious of the SEC to share their secrets with the lesser conferences, but at the very least this championship proves that even the reviled Big 10 can rise to greatness if they accept the SEC into their heart.

Here's the first preseason top 25 I found, ESPN hasn't done one yet: http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/2015-preseason-top-25

1. Ohio State
2. TCU
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5. Michigan State
6. FSU
7. Oregon
8. Georgia Tech
9. Georgia
10. LSU
11. Auburn
12. Mississippi State
13. Arizona State
14. Notre Dame
15. Ole Miss
16. Arizona
17. Arkansas
18. UCLA
19. Clemson
20. Mizzou
21. Wisconsin
22. Tennessee
23. USC
24. Texas A&M
25. NC State

:laffo: Notre Dame at 14... Get hosed whoever wrote that.

Edit: And an even bigger get hosed to ESPN thinking they'd be 12.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Great job Bucks. About time Cleveland had something to be proud of. Great freaking day!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I feel a lot better about losing close to OSU now you guys.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ESPN got an 18.5 rating for the game. That's insane. An increase of 21% over last year and 15% over the previous highest rating in cable history, the 2011 Auburn/Oregon game: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/01/college-football-playoff-national-championship/

JonathonSpectre posted:

Christ I wish FSU hadn't self-destructed in the Rose Bowl. Back-to-back undefeated national champs was right there... so close... then FUMBLE INT FUMBLE FUMBLE FUMBLE INT INT IT JUST NEVER STOPS OH LOOK ANOTHER INTERCEPTION OFF OUR GUY'S HANDS TO THEM :argh: :argh: :argh:
LOL if you think FSU had any chance against OSU.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Josh Lyman posted:

They're certainly no Virginia Tech, that's for sure.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So what are the odds the Browns draft Cardale Jones in the first round? Who has their ear to the hobo grapevine?

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!

Elephanthead posted:

So what are the odds the Browns draft Cardale Jones in the first round? Who has their ear to the hobo grapevine?

Id be down but you know they'd get too cute wait too long and the Steelers would sweep in and take him as Big Ben's apprentice.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Daniel Rodriguez attended the game and flashed his Orange Bowl ring from last year behind Cardale :3:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm impressed that so many people from my hometown suddenly became osu alumni last night. That's some powerful magic

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Emron posted:

I'm impressed that so many people from my hometown suddenly became osu alumni last night. That's some powerful magic

Kill all of them

I know people who rooted for UF while FSU languished suddenly became noles last year

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
So long college football, you will be missed. Thanks for another wacky season filled with a bunch of close FSU wins that pissed off so many posters here, that was pretty funny stuff. Nothing wrong with getting to the first playoff and losing to a better team. It was a fun ride and I look forward to August.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I woke up this morning still riding the high that comes with winning the national championship. B1g football. Holy poo poo. I can't wait until next year and the QB controversy (or having 2 QBs leaving) that comes with it.

OSU fans are about to become smug as gently caress.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
If the Big 12 would have done the smart thing this would of been a lot different. If Baylor had played TCU in it the winner would have been in over tOSU, I am a Buckeyes fan too... The committee did what they said, and valued winning a conference championship game.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Mughe posted:

Smug, maybe, but holy hell if we don't win every game next year by 90 it'll be impossible to be around the Walmart Buckeyes.

I forget who used the phrase "Walmart Buckeyes" in last night's thread, but it's great and I'm using it.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

ESPN got an 18.5 rating for the game. That's insane. An increase of 21% over last year and 15% over the previous highest rating in cable history, the 2011 Auburn/Oregon game: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/01/college-football-playoff-national-championship/

You buried the lede:The megacast was also successful.

In addition to the traditional telecast, ESPN offered more than 12 ways to watch last night’s championship game through the “CFP Megacast.” ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNEWS combined to average 18.9 metered market average, up 20% (15.7) from the 2014 BCS Megascast.

So it'll stick around too

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

If the Big 12 would have done the smart thing this would of been a lot different. If Baylor had played TCU in it the winner would have been in over tOSU, I am a Buckeyes fan too... The committee did what they said, and valued winning a conference championship game.

The Big 12 is not allowed to have a conference championship game.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

In addition to the traditional telecast, ESPN offered more than 12 ways to watch last night’s championship game through the “CFP Megacast.” ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNEWS combined to average 18.9 metered market average, up 20% (15.7) from the 2014 BCS Megascast.

The Coaches ESPN2 feed was really interesting to me. I wish they had made the game feed larger on the screen though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Qwijib0 posted:

That's the best news of all this

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

vyst posted:

The Coaches ESPN2 feed was really interesting to me. I wish they had made the game feed larger on the screen though.

Yeah, I really liked listening to them talk, but I didn't need the view of their talking heads to be twice as large as the game itself.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Urban Meyer promised players that he would get a tattoo if they won.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

vyst posted:

I swear last year the game was full screen and they would cut to the studio in between plays to show any diagramming/conversation between coaches. Much better that way imho.

e:

I hope it's a slice of pizza.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

Good enough for ESPN's highest overnight rating ever.

quote:

In the primary home markets of the two schools, the telecast delivered a 51.2 in Columbus, the No. 1 overall market, and a 37.6 in Portland, Ore., good for fourth overall. The top 10 metered markets (in addition to those of the competing teams) are the following: Columbus (51.2), Dayton (43.8), Cleveland (41.3), Portland (37.6), Birmingham (36.1), Cincinnati (26.5), Jacksonville (25.7), Knoxville (25.5), Greenville SC (24.1) and Atlanta (23.0).

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

I'm expecting this win to be vacated in two years.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Josh Lyman posted:

Haha, a 51.2 in Columbus, Jesus Christ.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I went to the realtor and got a nice dinner around 7 last night, and I basically had my run of the city. The restaurant we went to was one that you normally need reservations for, and we could pick our seats. It was cool

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mughe posted:

I woke up this morning still riding the high that comes with winning the national championship. B1g football. Holy poo poo. I can't wait until next year and the QB controversy (or having 2 QBs leaving) that comes with it.

Cardale Jones should bolt for the NFL and be a backup somewhere for a few years. Hes probably not ready but might as well strike while the iron is hot. This years QB class is so weak I wouldn't be shocked for him to be the 4th or 5th QB taken.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

he's really considering declaring too

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
News Flash: Ducks were exposed as the frauds they are, Pac 12 literally refuses to play defense.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

basically a list of cities with nothing to live for

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

You misread. The Megacast only added 0.4 to the main broadcasts 18.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

As bad as we were in 2014, we're probably going to be just as bad and possibly worse in 2015. The defense should be much improved with more experience and an influx of talent, but QB is a huge, scary question mark and thus it'll likely be the offense's turn to be useless. Our schedule is pretty rough, too.
Still can't wait for August, though. :unsmith:

• Locked thread