Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

Lol at all the people saying Mike Tyson was one of the best boxers of all time.
Next to Ali, he was the flashiest, and he had perhaps the fastest hook-uppercut combi of all time. But dude couldn't take a punch for poo poo. Buster loving Douglas knocked him out. I can't recall one actually excellent boxer he ever beat, but I can recall a string of losses once he started fighting skilled opps.

Bruce Lee vs. Ali. That would be a good debate/
bruce lee vs muhammed ali vs anderson "the spider" silva triple threat special guest referee cm punk

lets go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
if a 140lb pro boxer could beat a 210lb pro boxer, they wouldn't have weight classes ergo bruce lee doesnt have a chance in a straight fistfight owing to the fact that he was a human being not a magical chinaman.

lets be realistic if they were both stuck on a desert island bruce lee would simply run away until he could fashion a cannon out of rocks and bamboo

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cold and Ugly posted:

It's happened once or twice. Never been concussed though. So if you except almost certain alcohol damage i'm probably okay.

I knew this guy who played soccer, like amateur league and he bragged about getting six concussions because he was a loving idiot. Brain damage is some serious poo poo.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Next to Ali, he was the flashiest, and he had perhaps the fastest hook-uppercut combi of all time. But dude couldn't take a punch for poo poo. Buster loving Douglas knocked him out. I can't recall one actually excellent boxer he ever beat, but I can recall a string of losses once he started fighting skilled opps. The strongest opponent he actually beat was probably Robin Givens.

Ali already beat up Superman so I have to disagree with you on that.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

Drunk Nerds posted:

Next to Ali, he was the flashiest, and he had perhaps the fastest hook-uppercut combi of all time. But dude couldn't take a punch for poo poo. Buster loving Douglas knocked him out. I can't recall one actually excellent boxer he ever beat, but I can recall a string of losses once he started fighting skilled opps. The strongest opponent he actually beat was probably Robin Givens.

You're like the third of fourth loving dude to mention Ali in this thread. I don't really have any opinion about him. Just know that he's a stone cold retard now, and Mike Tyson is at least semi coherent. Even has hobbies like pigeons and acting in Adult Swim cartoons and poo poo. So it kind of sounds like Tyson could dodge punches better.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

LegoPirateNinja posted:

if a 140lb pro boxer could beat a 210lb pro boxer, they wouldn't have weight classes ergo bruce lee doesnt have a chance in a straight fistfight owing to the fact that he was a human being not a magical chinaman.

lets be realistic if they were both stuck on a desert island bruce lee would simply run away until he could fashion a cannon out of rocks and bamboo

Magical chinaman, tho.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
If Tyson lands one punch he wins, this isn't even a debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z9mbQk58B0

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Cold and Ugly posted:

Mike Tyson was also real fast. Unless you're suggesting that Bruce Lee had special limb muscles that made him able to punch or kick faster than the eye could see, STFU, gaywad. Let's keep this rational.

not the human eye, you double gaywad, the garbage film cameras they used in the late 60's/early 70's. A big part of bruce lee's mystique is that there's very little actual footage of him doing any cool kung fu stuff because film was expensive and terrible until the last few years he was alive, and then he died. Dude got into an absolute ton of fights when he was a smartass hong kong street rat and developed his own fighting style to basically be the best at street fighting but ofc there aren't random youtube videos of him beating up guys in an alley

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Things that could easily defeat bruce lee

Mike tyson
Most professional fighters in any full contact fight sport and some of the amateurs too
College wrestlers and some good high school wrestlers
Any serious grappling competitor w decent takedowns
War Machine
Meprobomate
The gun from the set of the crow

Things that could defeat the Myth of Bruce Lee, actor with no serious fight credentials

Nil

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
goku

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
in the theoretical ali vs bruce lee fight does ali get to do his mind games he did before every boxing match?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

This argument is not much better than Floyd Mayweather vs. Mike Tyson. Mayweather's faster and has a near perfect defense! Well what it comes down to is, Mike Tyson in his prime only needs one punch (to knock out a man his own size). A 130lb man would risk death fighting him. The odds of them doing enough damage to Tyson to avert the inevitable KO punch are near nil.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Neurosis posted:

Things that could easily defeat bruce lee

Mike tyson
Most professional fighters in any full contact fight sport and some of the amateurs too
College wrestlers and some good high school wrestlers
Any serious grappling competitor w decent takedowns
War Machine
Meprobomate
The gun from the set of the crow

Things that could defeat the Myth of Bruce Lee, actor with no serious fight credentials

Nil

Man even Bruce Lee himself said buying a gun was a far better way to kill someone than learning kung fu. However, it is true that there's no footage of Bruce Lee getting into non-staged fights so we can't really honestly compare him to Mike Tyson.

and Ali.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Fullhouse posted:

not the human eye, you double gaywad, the garbage film cameras they used in the late 60's/early 70's. A big part of bruce lee's mystique is that there's very little actual footage of him doing any cool kung fu stuff because film was expensive and terrible until the last few years he was alive, and then he died. Dude got into an absolute ton of fights when he was a smartass hong kong street rat and developed his own fighting style to basically be the best at street fighting but ofc there aren't random youtube videos of him beating up guys in an alley

That's incredibly fascinating. So in your mind is "rumble in the bronx" like the same thing as a heavyweight boxing match?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
tyson would murder that poor actor ninja

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i know a lot about both guys let me break it down

Burce Lee

adavtages: cunning, speed, punching 85, kicking 92, numchucks, meditation, ancient martial secrets/code, gardening, revengeful, white spouse

disadvantages: none known

Buster douglas

advantages: large, fast, "lucky Punch", punching 87

disadvantages: bad braeth, fat

Result: bruce wins, flawlest victory

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cold and Ugly posted:

That's incredibly fascinating. So in your mind is "rumble in the bronx" like the same thing as a heavyweight boxing match?

You didn't specify in the OP whether this was a professional match, street fight, if batman gets prep time, just Bruce Lee vs Tyson who'd win. Every poster is constructing their own conditions for this fight which may or may not involve Ali.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like ali would win its just i want to know if he would lay down some good burns on bruce before the fight begins or not

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Cold and Ugly posted:

yea but better

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fullhouse posted:

yea but better

Remember that bit with the woodchipper? God drat it I have to go for a bit, good job on creating a lively debate OP.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Moxie posted:

This argument is not much better than Floyd Mayweather vs. Mike Tyson. Mayweather's faster and has a near perfect defense! Well what it comes down to is, Mike Tyson in his prime only needs one punch (to knock out a man his own size). A 130lb man would risk death fighting him. The odds of them doing enough damage to Tyson to avert the inevitable KO punch are near nil.

Even tho Tyson isn't a particularly tall hw both of the little guys have to get well within his range to land their own strikes.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

You didn't specify in the OP whether this was a professional match, street fight, if batman gets prep time, just Bruce Lee vs Tyson who'd win. Every poster is constructing their own conditions for this fight which may or may not involve Ali.

Good point, man. I still believe that given any circumstance Bruce Lee would have karate kicked Tyson to death.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Remember that bit with the woodchipper? God drat it I have to go for a bit, good job on creating a lively debate OP.

That movie is loving AWESOME.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Moxie posted:

I'm 6'2" 800 lbs and untrained and completely convinced that I would die if I tried to fight Mike Tyson. It's just fun to think about, tho.

Cold and Ugly fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 18, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Tyson knocked out huge cave men that were also punching him in the face. He took shots to the face from other giant men. Lee is a little wormser baby bitch boy who wouldn't be able to put Tyson into any holds because of the size difference, and wouldn't have the power to knock out Tyson. Tyson could one punch knock him out with a shot to the face or the liver.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Lets throw in Micheal Myers in the mix.

So Bruce Lee vs Micheal Myers
Ali vs Myers
and Lee vs Ali vs Myers

Mike Myers does not get to use a knife.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Tyson's probably just as fast or faster at throwing actual punches and not flapping his hands around in a movie, plus he's twice as strong. Also he probably kicks hard as gently caress too.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Cold and Ugly posted:

I'm 6'2" 230 lbs and untrained and completely convinced that I would die if I tried to fight Mike Tyson. It's just fun to think about, tho.

If I was fighting Bruce Lee, though... I would just do my normal thing, which is to rush him and lift his legs, ground him and get in the shots I could. I've never tried this on a magical chinaman but it's worked okay on normal dudes.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fullhouse posted:

Yes I to believe everything from word of mouth from china decades ago.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Pneub posted:

Tyson's probably just as fast or faster at throwing actual punches and not flapping his hands around in a movie, plus he's twice as strong. Also he probably kicks hard as gently caress too.

Untrained kicks are pleb kicks tho, man. Bruce Lee did them right.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also this is Micheal Myers before all the weird druid stuff in that one movie.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

mr.capps posted:

Machete battle. Bruce Lee would win that one though hands down.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

did tyson or lee drink, do any drugs, behave recklessly or have sex shortly before the fight

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phoon posted:

did tyson or lee drink, do any drugs, behave recklessly or have sex shortly before the fight

ali would indeed had sex and it would be cheating on whoever his wife is at the time

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

mr.capps posted:

Lets throw in Micheal Myers in the mix.

So Bruce Lee vs Micheal Myers
Ali vs Myers
and Lee vs Ali vs Myers

Mike Myers does not get to use a knife.

Hand hits neck, head hits floor.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Phoon posted:

Let's assume that both of them did. Because if you're a movie star or heavyweight champion of the world and not doing drugs and getting laid all the time what's the point?

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
strange pussy killed bruce lee

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
mike tyson is on molly and bruce lee is on pcp

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Micheal also gets the advantage of having the Halloween theme play at appropriate times.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
bruce lee is like a skinny midget and he's asian to boot. Poor little thing wouldn't stand a chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
weight classes exist for a reason OP

• Locked thread