Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If you're wondering why I'm so wishy washy as to whether physical abuse is objectively worse than emotional abuse, for context a very close relative of mine abused his former partner into committing suicide without ever touching her or for the last six months of her life, being within whatever radius of her so maybe I'm a little biased by my own piece of poo poo family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

CrazyTolradi you don't have to explain yourself to these arseholes. My god.

Fruity and BB, often I roll my eyes at other posters stamping their feet at you for being nasty or hyperbolic because I don't believe that that kind of tone is inherently invalid. Some poo poo ought not to be taken seriously; there are some 'arguments' that to engage them earnestly would be flattery. Also it's OK to have a fucken personality and people shouldn't be huge fucken babbies all the time.

But no matter what disagreements you've had with him previously and no matter how well you believe you've got his measure as a person, for a dude to post openly, honestly and relevantly about how he's suffered from domestic violence... the fucken responses you fucken shot back at him with overflowing confidence in your own righteousness... all fucken "WELL YOU SAY YOU'VE SUFFERED BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHY I'M STILL RIGHT AND WHY YOUR EXPERIENCES AREN'T ACTUALLY REAL AND YOU'RE A lovely PERSON FOR EVEN BRINGING IT UP" in the exact same manner of your worst tory shitheel enemies... I'm a little bit drunk (obviously, since I'm posting at all) but reading your posts just now has not just disappointed me but made me feel really ill. I am shocked. Your longtime critics will have to forgive me my naïveté. If I had a little more energy right now I would rage and if I had less I might cry. gently caress you guys.

Fruity it was good and right of you to apologise but I wanted to say what I've said anyway. Remorse or not, actions have consequences. (For the same reason I hope I'm not wrong to be posting this. But I was really taken aback to read those responses to CrazyTolradi.) BB I'm sure you're grown up enough to be aware that apologies with no evident remorse or humility aren't actual apologies.

I don't feel comfortable getting on my high horse to a couple of posters who contribute far more to this thread than I do, but like I said... I was really taken aback. Can you guys not hear yourselves?

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

"OTHERS HAVE SUFFERED WORSE THAN YOU, THEREFORE gently caress OFF," I mean jesus christ.

The guy's not arguing in the fucken abstract; he's talking about his actual real life. It's not a fucken thought experiment. gently caress's sake. You can disagree with someone's argument while showing some sensitivity at the same time. Use your fucken head.

Chicken Parmigiana fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jan 20, 2015

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

CrazyTolradi you don't have to explain yourself to these arseholes. My god.

Fruity and BB, often I roll my eyes at other posters stamping their feet at you for being nasty or hyperbolic because I don't believe that that kind of tone is inherently invalid. Some poo poo ought not to be taken seriously; there are some 'arguments' that to engage them earnestly would be flattery. Also it's OK to have a fucken personality and people shouldn't be huge fucken babbies all the time.

But no matter what disagreements you've had with him previously and no matter how well you believe you've got his measure as a person, for a dude to post openly, honestly and relevantly about how he's suffered from domestic violence... the fucken responses you fucken shot back at him with overflowing confidence in your own righteousness... all fucken "WELL YOU SAY YOU'VE SUFFERED BUT LET ME TELL YOU WHY I'M STILL RIGHT AND WHY YOUR EXPERIENCES AREN'T ACTUALLY REAL AND YOU'RE A lovely PERSON FOR EVEN BRINGING IT UP" in the exact same manner of your worst tory shitheel enemies... I'm a little bit drunk (obviously, since I'm posting at all) but reading your posts just now has not just disappointed me but made me feel really ill. I am shocked. Your longtime critics will have to forgive me my naïveté. If I had a little more energy right now I would rage and if I had less I might cry. gently caress you guys.

Fruity it was good and right of you to apologise but I wanted to say what I've said anyway. Remorse or not, actions have consequences. (For the same reason I hope I'm not wrong to be posting this. But I was really taken aback to read those responses to CrazyTolradi.) BB I'm sure you're grown up enough to be aware that apologies with no evident remorse or humility aren't actual apologies.

I don't feel comfortable getting on my high horse to a couple of posters who contribute far more to this thread than I do, but like I said... I was really taken aback. Can you guys not hear yourselves?

Yeah, I can hear myself, and it's why as soon as I'd finished posting my long rage post about toxic masculinity and seen Tirade quoting me and calling me out I went 'gently caress, yeah, that was really hosed up' and apologized because I shouldn't have shat on CT when he said he'd gone through some pretty bad trauma.

You're drat right though, actions do have consequences. I'm pretty loving strident about women's oppression because I'm a feminist. I tend to get pretty polemical about it because I've been raped and experienced family violence. So when I read CT's post saying gendered violence isn't always gendered therefore it isn't gendered I wigged out and said something really loving nasty because I let the political aspect of his post overwhelm me and make me ignore the human aspect where he said that he'd experienced some pretty gnarly trauma. It was unfair because he never meant it to be personal, but the political is very personal to me when it comes to violence against women and I lashed out at him in a really gross way. I feel like this specific thing with me and CT might actually have been settled bc I he did accept my apology and I do know and readily admit that I was basically cruel with that response, and hopefully he knows that I do feel really bad about that.

I resent the fact that you, CP, have decided to call me out again and make me explain myself after CrazyTolradi accepted my apology because what do you of all randoms loving want me to say? That I'll defend my bad behaviour to the death because I've got my own trauma to deal with? That I'll never post again because I should be eternally ashamed for making a cruel post that I feel really bad about making and have apologised for? I didn't mention anything about my own history earlier in the thread because it was loving irrelevant but now that I've been implicitly asked to explain myself it's unavoidable. I don't feel comfortable disclosing poo poo like that and I resent being made to feel like I have to. I'm glad you don't feel comfortable getting up on your high horse bc lmao you shouldn't. You don't have any business making GBS threads on me for something I've apologised for. CrazyTolradi can poo poo on me for it for as long as he wants to bc he was the one I was cruel to. You can't. Get hosed.

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 20, 2015

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Fruity is mounting a spirited comeback, can BB hold off this new challenge?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gently caress off, white noise.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I'm not the one who thought it was a good idea for even a second to make light of someone's abuse. Also your excuse for why you freaked out and decided that it was a good idea to make light of someone's abuse reads disturbingly similarly like victim blaming (e.g. the excuses people give when they hit their partners and children). So perhaps it is you that should gently caress off and take your attempts to turn this back on the people justly calling you out with you?

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

You're right Fruity; reading over that page again it's clear that things were already settled between you and Crazy and my post didn't have anything helpful to add to that. I'm sorry! Shoulda thought a little longer before posting; what a hypocrite, huh?

For what it's worth (probably not much at this point), it's only because you're one of my favourite posters that I was so upset. I won't apologise for expressing how I felt because this thread is an open discussion; even if you address a post to one poster in particular, the rest of us are still allowed to comment. Also I can't accept that I in any way forced you to post about something that you'd rather not post about; that seems kind of absurd actually. But apart from that I think it's fair for you to be annoyed at me. Again: sorry.

Minor sorries also to everyone reading through my shitposts in the morning.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
I, a man, have scars from my ex, a woman, swinging a razor blade around when we lived together. Was that domestic abuse or just some crypto-MRA poo poo? Please tell me, because I've always been a bit confused about it. See, at first I thought I'd been cut up in my own home during a series of violent outbursts, but I was blind at the time. I didn't realise the fedora conspiracy had managed to manifest their ill will towards women as a physical object and come after me as part of a false-flag attack to delegitimise womens' reports of domestic violence. It all makes so much more sense now.

You can say men are sometimes assaulted without dismissing the notion that women are disproportionately victimised. It isn't zero-sum and it isn't the loving oppression olympics; stop trying to find a winner and stop trying to quantify individual experiences. loving hell.

The intended audience of that poorly worded Facebook post wasn't the general public. It was the small number of men who are in that situation and don't feel like they can get help because everyone will take the piss out of them for not being "real men" and fighting back. In other words, it was a poorly executed attempt at dealing with the fallout of the exact thing you're talking about now; toxic masculinity.

You missed that though because you were too busy trying to rack up a new high score on Outrage Hunter.

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Minor sorries also to everyone reading through my shitposts in the morning.

Your posts own. Don't apologise.

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 20, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think that we can all agree that cis white males deserve whatever they get.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Jumping to the worst conclusion over the use of ambiguous language has to be a staple of bad faith arguments right? Just because the press release says "it doesn't discriminate" doesn't automatically mean they're screaming "MEN GET ABUSED JUST AS MUCH AND JUST AS BAD AS WOMEN OKAY!"

They probably could have iterated over that line a bit to get a clearer statement, but assuming they're trying to belittle women's experience is just ...

I mean, who do you think in the community sees domestic violence more frequently than police officers?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Shadeoses posted:

I think that we can all agree that cis white males deserve whatever they get.

Oh...okay. :smith:

Edit
Together Union put out a funny spoof of the LNPs canoe ad.
http://youtu.be/YN1uiFlqpkE

Anidav fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 20, 2015

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
QLD LNP gonna LNP:

https://www.facebook.com/newmanshame/photos/a.267429246705798.59715.265205820261474/726792147436170/?type=1&pnref=story

Seriously, I'm trying to fathom the mindset here, but I keep getting stuck on four letter words.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

SadisTech posted:

QLD LNP gonna LNP:

https://www.facebook.com/newmanshame/photos/a.267429246705798.59715.265205820261474/726792147436170/?type=1&pnref=story

Seriously, I'm trying to fathom the mindset here, but I keep getting stuck on four letter words.

I wonder why there were police at the last LNP street party and not this one. What's changed?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

If you're wondering why I'm so wishy washy as to whether physical abuse is objectively worse than emotional abuse, for context a very close relative of mine abused his former partner into committing suicide without ever touching her or for the last six months of her life, being within whatever radius of her so maybe I'm a little biased by my own piece of poo poo family

Why can't they just both be loving heinous things with awful consequences that we would like to prevent? Why does it matter which is objectively worse?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

Jumping to the worst conclusion over the use of ambiguous language has to be a staple of bad faith arguments right? Just because the press release says "it doesn't discriminate" doesn't automatically mean they're screaming "MEN GET ABUSED JUST AS MUCH AND JUST AS BAD AS WOMEN OKAY!"

They probably could have iterated over that line a bit to get a clearer statement, but assuming they're trying to belittle women's experience is just ...

I mean, who do you think in the community sees domestic violence more frequently than police officers?

Holy poo poo.

I kind of get what you're saying but if you're making a speech on racial integration and in that speech imply that whites are as much a victim of racism as anyone else that is a bad loving speech. I don't care that your intent was good, I don't care that you were trying to send a good message what you have literally said is undermining the severity of a problem that causes a fuckload of suffering in society.

Yes the police could have "iterated" that part of it to make it clearer but THEY loving DIDN'T. I could have iterated the part of my speech about economics when I said "Hitler did nothing wrong" to make it clearer that I was talking about economic management, but whoops I loving didn't and THE THING I ACTUALLY SAID REGARDLESS OF INTENT WAS loving OFFENSIVE.

The fact that the NSW police (who should post things that have already been iterated) have still not changed this poo poo wording says a lot.

Finally you end with making an appeal to authority. The authority you appeal to is the NSW police force, and the issue on which you appeal to them is a social one. I presume you also think that they are best placed to comment on aboriginal incarceration rates since they're the ones arresting all the aboriginals.

Frankly, there are other loving problems with this post I just pointed out the worst part. I like the stereotype of domestic violence with women screaming and glass breaking, because reinforcing that stereotype sure is a great way to raise awareness about violence which can be totally silent.

There is a good message at the core of this, men can be victims of domestic violence too, and people should be aware of that, and look out for people, because nobody deserves to be the victim of domestic violence, but the delivery was completely hosed and rightly should be criticised as it's hosed statements like these that are a symptom and contributor to our loving broken social attitudes towards women.

The fact that this thread, which is a pretty progressive and smart place, has had such difficulty getting it's collective head around this is telling as gently caress about the view our society takes on women. :cripes:

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Smegmatron posted:

Why can't they just both be loving heinous things with awful consequences that we would like to prevent? Why does it matter which is objectively worse?

they can, I was being facetious but thank you for putting it in a more straightforward manner

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Yeah, I think waiting till feb to start reading again is the right idea.

:yikes:

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jan/20/australian-government-seeks-to-opt-out-of-protection-of-five-shark-species

quote:

Australian government seeks to opt out of protection of five shark species

The Australian government has been accused of an unprecedented reversal of its international conservation obligations by seeking to opt out of the protection of five shark species.

The government is submitting a “reservation” against three species of thresher shark and two species of hammerhead shark listed as protected migratory species under the UN-administered convention on the conservation of migratory species of wild animals.

The five types of shark were among 31 species granted new protection status at a convention summit in November. A record 21 species of shark and ray, including sawfish, were put on the list along with polar bears, whales and gazelles.

Although Australia did not object to the listings in November, it is now seeking to opt out of the commitment to cooperate with other countries to ensure the five migratory shark species do not become extinct. The expanded list is due to come into effect on 8 February.

According to the government, Australia already has effective protections in place for the thresher and hammerhead sharks. But the Humane Society International said the move was an “unprecedented act of domestic and international environmental vandalism”.

More embarrassingly regressive environmental policy.

quote:

A spokesman for the federal environment minister, Greg Hunt, said the government’s move was to avoid “unintended consequences” for fishers in Australia, who would risk being fined up to $170,000 and face two years in jail even if they obeyed their permits.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuBk3pSz1H4

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
HI I'M YOUR NEW HOUSEKEEPER FROM THE PHILIPPINES

this is how people actually talk

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

is this meant to look like one of mad as hell's parodies

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

hooman posted:

There is a good message at the core of this, men can be victims of domestic violence too, and people should be aware of that, and look out for people, because nobody deserves to be the victim of domestic violence, but the delivery was completely hosed and rightly should be criticised as it's hosed statements like these that are a symptom and contributor to our loving broken social attitudes towards women.

This is what I'm getting at. Their trying to put out a message to foster a bit of awareness. Immediately frothing at the mouth and going off your tree makes you look like a loony sjw instead of showing there are ways of them improving the message.

Somewhere in the NSW police PR unit someone is trying to break down the stupid macho male silence issue, and your style of comment isn't constructive.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

This is actually making me feel a little ill.

Also just assume I'm nodding along to everything starkebn says.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anything on commercial TV makes me sick

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

This is what I'm getting at. Their trying to put out a message to foster a bit of awareness. Immediately frothing at the mouth and going off your tree makes you look like a loony sjw instead of showing there are ways of them improving the message.

Somewhere in the NSW police PR unit someone is trying to break down the stupid macho male silence issue, and your style of comment isn't constructive.

Do you understand that when you include a bad message in with your good message this undermines your good message terribly because people are going to quite rightly be pointing at the bad message and going holy poo poo. The fault here isn't with the people that are pointing out the god drat bad message, as a society we have a loving obligation to point out bad things, the fault is with the people who are including a bad message with a good message in the first place.

I don't know what to say to you if you think that just because you're saying something good you get a free pass on saying something bad. Or that the people who are criticising the bad thing you said are somehow at fault for the your good message not getting through.

Reacting to bad messages with silence is giving tacit approval of those views. This is the difference between not being racist and being anti-racist.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Queensland.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

starkebn posted:

Stop using the acronym SJW if you want your argument to be taken with even the tiniest vestige of sincerity. The fact that fighting for social justice can be intended as a pejorative speaks volumes about the fuckwits who use it thus.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

If not for having Sam Neil in it, I would have thought this was a sketch.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

hooman posted:

Do you understand that when you include a bad message in with your good message this undermines your good message terribly because people are going to quite rightly be pointing at the bad message and going holy poo poo.

The fault here isn't with the people that are pointing out the god drat bad message, as a society we have a loving obligation to point out bad things, the fault is with the people who are including a bad message with a good message in the first place.

Actually you do get points for trying, because if you stop giving points for trying then people are likely to stop loving trying aren't they?

And I think any normal reasonable person is going to read that and take from it 'oh yeah men can be abused too sometimes' and not 'OH WELL MEN GET ABUSED TOO WHO CARES IF WOMEN GET ABUSED gently caress THEM RARGH'.

Do you honestly think that people are going to read "Domestic violence does not discriminate" and take from that that men are abused equally as much as women. or that women abuse equally as much as men. Seriously? This really doesn't undermine feminism anywhere near as much as your frothing at the mouth response to it does.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What the gently caress is that? Are they trying to HUMANIZE a person who wants to pay us 2 dollars a day?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress is that? Are they trying to HUMANIZE a person who wants to pay us 2 dollars a day?

Yes. We must love our new overlords.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Judging by the preview it's not written so as to portray her as some sort of hero. Maybe if it was on Channel 10.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
I'd like to put my name down to write the OP for March with a NSW State election theme. I'm going to do writeups and analysis of the major political players and maybe some info about how the Greens NSW organise.

Now on QLD news:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...v-1227191140671

quote:

Queensland voters can do without Sydney shock-jocks like Alan Jones telling us what to think

Paul Fennelly
The Courier-Mail
January 21, 2015 12:00AM

QUEENSLANDERS should cut Alan Jones some slack as he hits their airwaves this week.

No doubt the notorious broadcaster’s trademark nastiness and unique mix of abuse and vitriol will confuse and shock many Queenslanders. But people should appreciate that many years on the Sydney waterfront with a butler in tow and a chauffeur on tap can leave a man a little disconnected from the reality of Queensland life circa 2015.

While we live in a state where both sides of politics have traditionally ignored him, not everywhere is like this. Jones is actually taken quite seriously by some in his home town of Sydney, where his progressive lifestyle and inner-city views have resulted in him becoming the pin-up boy of anti-development politicians, such as Jeremy Buckingham of the Greens.

Some people say Jones too strenuously denies what is obvious to many (that the resources sector is good for Australia), but Jones has one or two political boosters up here as well, such as Greens Senator Larissa Waters.

In fact, it is fair to assume the Queensland Greens warmly welcome the arrival of their favourite Sydney shock-jock to hector us about the evils of our way of life. After all, they see no issue with flying in candidates to many of this state’s 89 electorates.

But rather than switching off Jones’ torrent of bile and venom, Queenslanders should consider tuning in. If we offer a willing ear, perhaps Jones will, in turn, become more inclined to listen to what Queenslanders think.

From a gas industry perspective, the contrast between Queensland and where Jones is from could not be more stark.

Leadership and good sense from both sides of politics in Queensland has in recent times delivered more than $60 billion in gas industry investment and tens of thousands of Queensland jobs. And, as of last month, Queensland is exporting a cleaner form of energy to the world. For decades to come, billions of dollars in natural gas royalties will help fund the schools, hospitals, public transport and regional initiatives Queensland needs.

Jones’ home state of NSW is unfortunately facing a rather different scenario. Despite possessing enough natural gas to meet the state’s current demand for something like 500 years, NSW continues to import 95 per cent of its supply, household gas prices are rising by more than 10 per cent per annum, and a supply shortage is predicted to hit as soon as next year.

The anti-CSG movement has largely vacated Queensland as no-nonsense Queenslanders saw through its pseudoscience and scare campaigns. Queensland’s farmers and gas producers are today working side-by-side to deliver mutual benefit far removed from the environmental Armageddon so often promised by Jones and his fellow-travellers.

The gas industry hopes a few weeks in Brisbane will result in Jones flying back to Sydney a little happier and with a greater understanding of what makes our state such a great place to live and work. But we realise he can’t do it alone. Please do what you can to help.

Paul Fennelly is the eastern Australia CEO of the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association.

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Turks posted:

Do you honestly think that people are going to read "Domestic violence does not discriminate" and take from that that men are abused equally as much as women. or that women abuse equally as much as men. Seriously?

Yes, actually. This is a common belief spouted by MRAs and anti-feminists and it's taken a disturbing amount of root.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Turks posted:

Do you honestly think that people are going to read "Domestic violence does not discriminate" and take from that that men are abused equally as much as women. or that women abuse equally as much as men.

Yes.

Turks posted:

Actually you do get points for trying, because if you stop giving points for trying then people are likely to stop loving trying aren't they?

Not if they actually give a gently caress.

Turks posted:

And I think any normal reasonable person is going to read that and take from it 'oh yeah men can be abused too sometimes' and not 'OH WELL MEN GET ABUSED TOO WHO CARES IF WOMEN GET ABUSED gently caress THEM RARGH'.

I'm not saying and have never said the second one. I'm saying that when the police say "Domestic violence does not discriminate" that this is loving incorrect and undermines the change that we need to foster within our attitudes as a society about violence against women. If the police made a post about raising awareness that sometimes white people suffer from racism and had in it "Racism does not discriminate" would you be defending that as well?

Turks posted:

Seriously? This really doesn't undermine feminism anywhere near as much as your frothing at the mouth response to it does.

Being critical of things that minimise the huge gap between men and women for domestic violence is undermining feminism. Cool.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Yes, actually. This is a common belief spouted by MRAs and anti-feminists and it's taken a disturbing amount of root.

Do not concern yourself with MRAs and anti feminists, no matter how right you get it they will still be assholes.

The question is what Joe Blogs, regular ordinary guy think?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

What are you guys even arguing about now? Everyone agrees the message was well intended but poorly worded.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

We are arguing about whether they hosed the message up so badly that it is somehow making people go full retard and deciding that men really do have it as bad as women.

I am on the side of no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Turks posted:

Do not concern yourself with MRAs and anti feminists, no matter how right you get it they will still be assholes.

The question is what Joe Blogs, regular ordinary guy think?

Regular ordinary guy is the precursor to MRA. Dumb, intellectually incurious, vulnerable to misdirection and guile. MRAs will use what the police wow in their propaganda war. This is why the list was highly problematic

• Locked thread