Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Diqnol always gives 110% regardless of alignment, trying hard is his thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes, how dare I engage you on points you brought up because you felt our discussion was over in the following post. Only scum would continue a discussion.

Keane immediately claimed an important role and tried to direct our lynch. He made it clear in his next post that we shouldn't ask questions. That's shenanigans.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

Yes, how dare I engage you on points you brought up because you felt our discussion was over in the following post. Only scum would continue a discussion.

Keane immediately claimed an important role and tried to direct our lynch. He made it clear in his next post that we shouldn't ask questions. That's shenanigans.

Uhh well I'm pretty sure not every post made in joke phase is supposed to be taken seriously. I'm also not sure how seriously to take the accusation that Keane was trying to direct the lynch of a 21-person game in his first couple of posts.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It was a relatively compelling reason to vote someone for at game start.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Those Keane posts seemed serious for Keane.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Is it just me or does this feel like a 13 person game? Why are there like 5 or 6 people doing all the talking?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I think it's hard to tell because Keane has not resumed posting. My jokevote on him being followed up with what appear to be serious accusations is pretty weird though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm scary to approach :twisted: :metal: :commissar:. I think I'm gonna take a step back for a bit and let people talk.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

It was a relatively compelling reason to vote someone for at game start.

It's not very compelling now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm not voting for Keane now. I still don't like his entry and I don't like that he isn't back posting drunkenly yet to address these things. Now I really am walking away, goodbye for a bit~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

True and Real posted:

Scum taking a town leader position is insanely risky. It increases your chances of being targeted at night by various things (such as cops) and in my case, it's doubly so because I don't care if I'm making people angry at any given point. It's not logical for you to find it suspicious.

And considering I said things that I realize people might see as scummy and then pointed out that I realized this but felt it important enough to say anyway, what it looks like when you attack that is a scum that is disregarding the mentality and going straight down a list of standard scum tells because "you said it durr".

I don't like this post; it feels like it's attacking the risk and not the accusation, if that makes sense.

True and Real posted:

I'm not voting for Keane now. I still don't like his entry and I don't like that he isn't back posting drunkenly yet to address these things. Now I really am walking away, goodbye for a bit~

Correct. I work during the day and don't always have good internet, as I'm in the field for work.

Also I was deadly serious about everything. I am very powerful.

Also I am not going to lay off EP for the time being.

Also I only had one beer, SO LAY OFF.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Keane (3): Epsilon Plus, Ernie, Somberbrero
Ernie (2): Rarity, yuming
Byers (2): wins32767, Opopanax
Epsilon Plus (1): Keane
Somberbrero (1): Diqnol
Diqnol (1): TNL

21 alive, 11 for a delicious lunch~

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wins32767 posted:

Is it just me or does this feel like a 13 person game? Why are there like 5 or 6 people doing all the talking?

Some of us have jobs where we can't check the internet. Anyway I still think Ernie should absolutely be the lynch today. It doesn't matter if his claim is real or not, either way there is 100% certainty that town has a better chance of winning without that in play whereas anyone else is a less than 100% certainty. Also he'll have to be lynched before LYLO anyway so it's better to get it out of the way now. As for other people, Byers's soapboxing looks bad but I don't see him taking a chance on making such a bold argument on D1 if he was scum. Out of the people who have been posting, the only person I'm getting any real scum ping from is diqnol because this:

True and Real posted:

I don't even care if I'm lynched

is too much posturing for words. It's LAMIST to the highest degree.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I give this recipe about a 7/10. I think I needed a different type of chocolate chip for the brownie layer though, it is a bit on the super sweet side.

Cookie dough half came out great though, was happy with it.

Over all p happy, just have no idea what I am going to do with it all now, the bane of baking.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh and thanks for the link Ernie <3

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Those look delicious, good job

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Some of us have jobs where we can't check the internet. Anyway I still think Ernie should absolutely be the lynch today. It doesn't matter if his claim is real or not, either way there is 100% certainty that town has a better chance of winning without that in play whereas anyone else is a less than 100% certainty. Also he'll have to be lynched before LYLO anyway so it's better to get it out of the way now. As for other people, Byers's soapboxing looks bad but I don't see him taking a chance on making such a bold argument on D1 if he was scum. Out of the people who have been posting, the only person I'm getting any real scum ping from is diqnol because this:

is too much posturing for words. It's LAMIST to the highest degree.
if his claim is not real then why should he be lynched? How is what he posted any less bold than what Byers posted?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ras I hope you made enough for the whole thread

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm at least glad you are admitting that you're trying to be a town leader. Can you then agree that I might find the very attempt itself inherently suspicious, regardless of how you or anyone else plays it?
Perhaps... we should be suspicious... of everyone

The Ninth Layer posted:

Uhh was anyone actually really suspicious of CCKeane? I assume all the people voting him for obvious joke posts were also joking. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
Hey let's talk about something else!
Actually you were right to not talk to diqnol about diqnol, please learn from your mistakes.

True and Real posted:

It's not logical for you to find it suspicious.
This would be insanely scummy if there were any pressure on you at all

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I claimed because I'm only useful when people are sending me poo poo and they don't know unless I tell them

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I see a lot of posturing but nobody with any compelling points. I'm bored.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would say Rarity's post is the worst of the bunch for using buzzwords she doesn't even understand (apparently), but Kaschei said a lot of nothing too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

bowmore posted:

I claimed because I'm only useful when people are sending me poo poo and they don't know unless I tell them

Nobody send any items to Bowmore.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I don't like this post; it feels like it's attacking the risk and not the accusation, if that makes sense

It does and you aren't wrong but you're not reading it in the context of me being badgered and eventually trying to reason with TNL after he staunchly refused to revisit his point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Beer of the night is Gingerland UFO.

LET'S GO.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Moments away from seeing Lil B for free at Berkeley. Thank you based god.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
somberbrero says disingenuous as town and scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is the worst thing I've ever tried to do in mafia. How do people play this way?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Epsilon Plus gets lynched on day 1 a lot as town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

This is the worst thing I've ever tried to do in mafia. How do people play this way?

Never play mafia IMO.

Anyway, I reread the thread. I'm not feeling Byers at all, wouldn't vote Byers.

I also don't think Diqnol is scum, rereading the thread. Wins feels alright too.

EP does hit me (unironically, not joking) on this and I'm surprised more people aren't looking at him. EP seems off and I don't like it.

I can see Somber being scum.

I'm not feeling Ernie as much.

Ninth feels town and I'm happy to play another game with him.

That's my thoughts so far.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Epsilon Plus gets lynched on day 1 a lot as town.

Really? Can you post a game where this happens?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Really? Can you post a game where this happens?

Literally his first three games played on the forum. I think there was one more I saw in the list. I was looking for a scum game and gave up when I just saw him die every game I opened after like six games.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Literally his first three games played on the forum. I think there was one more I saw in the list. I was looking for a scum game and gave up when I just saw him die every game I opened after like six games.

I'll buy it. ##unvote

You understand if this is wrong I will make fun of you forever.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

Nah. For full disclosure: Recently I died night 1 (not lynched) in CS Mafia. I was lynched Day 1 in Mountain Goats, Hotel California '76, Just Post Mafia

My first game ever I helped kill Mills and won. I also won as scum in Role Madness 2 and Console Wars.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So, make fun of Merk for reading votefinder backwards. You dummy. You dunce.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk:A smart person::Deep Dish Pizza:Pizza

It is funny because deep dish pizza is not pizza.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CCKeane posted:

EP does hit me (unironically, not joking) on this and I'm surprised more people aren't looking at him. EP seems off and I don't like it.

Also can you clarify what you mean by "hit me"; are you of the opinion that I am scummy and/or accurate?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Merk:A smart person::Deep Dish Pizza:Pizza

It is funny because deep dish pizza is not pizza.

THAT SMILE DOES NOT BELONG, GOD IS DEAD.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also can you clarify what you mean by "hit me"; are you of the opinion that I am scummy and/or accurate?

Scummy. You hit me in the gut on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

True and Real posted:

Nobody send any items to Bowmore.
probably won't because 90%
Of mafia players would rather use an item not knowing what it is than send it to me and get it identified because that would be "boring"

• Locked thread