Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
"It is up to the opposition to prove that my email is derogatory and has subtle sexual connotations, rather than on me to defend this email."

Campbell Newman, known credible source and now bigot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

You can't make this poo poo up:

Queensland election 2015: Bikies claim they are donating to LNP as cash war continues

quote:

Every chapter of the Rebels in Queensland is doing it. They are doing it anonymously. While I’m coming out and saying why I did it, there are hundreds of others who are doing it anonymously and he won’t know who they are, but they are definitely bikies and he (Newman) is taking their money. He can’t screen the money that is going to him.”

But wait, the comedy sting:

quote:

LNP state director Brad Henderson insisted the party had received only two donations from bikies and had refunded the money.

“The party is unaware of any donation from bikies apart from two who admitted it was a deliberate stunt to distract from the established links between bikies and some unions,’’ he said.

“That donation has been refunded.

So LNP got donations from bikies and decided to claim the ALP was doing it. :bravo:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
"Established links"

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Funny how they can't prove QLD Labor got donations (presumably they would have), but instead release a press statement that they themselves had.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have never seen such a disjointed, messy election in my life. The QLD election seems like some uni student election, but in a bigger scale.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

You Am I posted:

I have never seen such a disjointed, messy election in my life. The QLD election seems like some uni student election, but in a bigger scale.

This is what happens when student politicians grow up. We're basically in for more of the same with things as they are, going ahead.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Didn't get a photo, but today the Courier Mail front headline/page was a human interest story about Newman and his wife. "SHE'S MY ROCK". They're getting fairly desperate with these attempts to humanise Newman.

:barf:

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

You Am I posted:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Not sure if the LNP are quite as evil as the young libs at the Unis though (yes, they are that bad).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mithranderp posted:

Didn't get a photo, but today the Courier Mail front headline/page was a human interest story about Newman and his wife. "SHE'S MY ROCK". They're getting fairly desperate with these attempts to humanise Newman.

:barf:

Is his daughters virginity the most sacred thing she can give a man while (not) fathering a future ABC cameraman with his university girlfriend out of wedlock? So much humanity.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

It's also a lot of BCC style politics at play too, the behaviour of Newman in this election is very typical of how things are in the Brisbane City Council.

Newman's wife surely is his rock, considering the donations that her family company must make to his election fund.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
It also came with this delightful addition (read the yellow circle):

:suicide:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why we should give a gently caress what they believe

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh god that reminds me of this:

WARNING CREEPY BOLT ALERT posted:

CAMPBELL Newman has lots to offer as a politician. For a start, he gropes his wife in public after 20 years of marriage.

Youths may blush and prudes frown, but many of us stand taller in our comfortable shoes when we see the fondling Newmans at play.

And it’s extraordinary just how often that is.

For instance, Newman - leader of the Queensland Liberal National Party and Brisbane’s former lord mayor - exchanged a passionate kiss with wife Lisa as he entered his pre-selection interview last April.

Since then, Lisa Newman has been often filmed stroking her husband during interviews or public events, a lusty look in her eye for the shaven-headed 47-year-old father of her two daughters.

In return, Newman repeatedly clutched and cupped his wife’s firm backside at the Liberal National Party state conference last weekend.

Please no more groping.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
Labor still the "Change from Within" Party:

quote:

The head of the Northern Territory Labor Party has left Australia intending on joining Kurdish fighters in the battle against Islamic State militants in Syria, the ABC has confirmed.

Matthew Gardiner was also the secretary of hospitality, childcare and emergency services union United Voice in the NT, as well as the treasurer of peak body Unions NT.

The 43-year-old served as Australian Army combat engineer in Somalia in the early 1990s.

The ABC understands Mr Gardiner was able to leave the country because he was not on any watch list.

About 90 Australians are now thought to be overseas fighting with Islamic State or similar terrorist groups, which has prompted the Government to repeat its warning against people joining the conflict.

A spokesperson for Attorney-General George Brandis said it was illegal for Australian citizens to support any armed group in Syria, even though the Australian Defence Force and Kurdish rebels may share a common enemy.

"It is illegal to fight in Syria for either side of the conflict," the spokesperson said.

"If you fight illegally in overseas conflicts, you face up to life in prison upon your return to Australia.

"We know there are some Australians who think they've made the right choice in becoming involved in overseas conflicts, but that choice only adds to the suffering in Syria and Iraq and it's putting those Australians and others in mortal danger."

The spokesperson urged people concerned about the conflict to donate to charities.

The Australian Federal Police has refused to discuss any detail, saying the matter is part of an ongoing investigation.

Mr Gardiner recently befriended a woman on Facebook whose page is littered with support for Kurdish militias fighting Islamic State.

A spokesperson from United Voice's national branch confirmed Mr Gardiner had resigned, but the ABC has confirmed he is still the president of the NT branch of the Labor Party.

Colleagues contacted by the ABC had been suspicious, with Mr Gardiner not being seen for weeks and his mobile phone has been switched off.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
What the hell is Matthew Gardiner doing? Is this as loving bizzare as it seems? I can't wait for the full story on this one.

Edit: yeah, that.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
I see nothing wrong, despite the article abandoning the fact that he joined Peshmerga et al, and painting him as some sort of extremist. Kurds need all the help they can get.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

duck monster posted:

I'm 90% certain thats Ross "The Skull" May. Old neo-nazi who's hung around Jim Saleam since forever. (Or he's an Opponent of Jims, since everyone wants to be the fuhror. I cant remember)

Heres Ross as a young man.

(To the right of that photo its Jim Saleam and The Skull

Yep it's him, and he and Saleam are absolutely still chums. He restarted Squadron 88 and they have been active recently, showing up at a lot of the same places as AF and the ADL.

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 25, 2015

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Frogfingers posted:

I see nothing wrong, despite the article abandoning the fact that he joined Peshmerga et al, and painting him as some sort of extremist. Kurds need all the help they can get.

From a legal point of view, the problem is most likely that the Peshmerga are currently allied with the PKK, and they are on the terrorist list.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Zenithe posted:

From a legal point of view, the problem is most likely that the Peshmerga are currently allied with the PKK, and they are on the terrorist list.

This is only the case because every western government refuses to humble Erdogan. It's not the 80s any more.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm sure the media will take that into consideration.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So Channel 7 ran that story on that Northern Territory Union Official going to fight with the Kurds and they Interviewed :siren:Campbell Newman:siren: on the topic who just repeated about how you CAN'T TRUST WHO LABOR IS AFFILIATED WITH once again confirming that the average viewer doesn't know the difference between ISIL and a Kurdish Group.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I really want to see that NT paper's front page on this.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Splode posted:

I really want to see that NT paper's front page on this.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

I saw this in Dymocks the other day...

http://www.bookworld.com.au/books/w...eYbsxoCut7w_wcB

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gf came home with it last week

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I still laugh that Gyngell lost a tooth in that fight.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
QLD went nuts over bikies after those two gangs had an old fashioned bar brawl on the Gold Coast strip, which somehow lowered the reputation of the place.

And instead of doing the sensible thing and bulldozing the Gold Coast into the sea, the Newman government went on a scare-mongering campaign and introduced some truely moronic and anti-democratic tough-on-crime laws.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/25/domestic-violence-campaigner-rosie-batty-named-australian-of-the-year

It is horrible what happened to Rosie Batty, however all the work she has done to bring domestic violence out into the public's view is absolutely worth the Australian of the Year award.

Bloody hell, Abbott looks like he has some terminal disease in that photo.

Good to see females taking out every category this year.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Down here the bikies started shooting each other and the vietnamese crime gangs, so they tried to introduce some laws not quite as bad as the Queensland ones but still pretty bad, which the High Court knocked back. They were modified to grant judicial discretion and now they stand. Hasn't been an election issue for a while.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Happy Australia Day, lets hope there are no race riots this year...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

https://www.gg.gov.au/australia-day-2015-honours-list

David Stratton, George Negus, Jessica Rowe, Gerald Stone and Judy Nunn all got AMs. So did Anne Henderson (wife of Gerard. I wonder why he didn't get one).

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You Am I posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/25/domestic-violence-campaigner-rosie-batty-named-australian-of-the-year

It is horrible what happened to Rosie Batty, however all the work she has done to bring domestic violence out into the public's view is absolutely worth the Australian of the Year award.

Bloody hell, Abbott looks like he has some terminal disease in that photo.

Good to see females taking out every category this year.

I'm the blue tie.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

https://www.gg.gov.au/australia-day-2015-honours-list

David Stratton, George Negus, Jessica Rowe, Gerald Stone and Judy Nunn all got AMs. So did Anne Henderson (wife of Gerard. I wonder why he didn't get one).

Why didn't Margaret Pomeranz get one too?

wait gently caress she already had one, i'm an idiot

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I wanted Rosalie Kunoth Monks to win Australian of the Year to see her brutal rejection speech. :(

Everyone burn a flag tomorrow. You can get those little flag toothpicks everywhere. Every cigarette I smoked on Invasion Day last year was lit with a little burning flag, and I intend to continue that tradition tomorrow.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Happy invasion day auspol! Hope you enjoy it just as much as me, working for the man for 10hrs.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Fruity Gordo posted:

Everyone burn a flag tomorrow. You can get those little flag toothpicks everywhere. Every cigarette I smoked on Invasion Day last year was lit with a little burning flag, and I intend to continue that tradition tomorrow.

:catdrugs:

Yep. That's totally normal behaviour and not being an extremist idiot at all. Nothing to see here chaps.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
Abbott gave Prince Phillip, The Duke of Edinburgh the order of Australia.
Sir Prince Phillip.

Twitter is losing it at the moment.

MaxwellsEquations
Oct 21, 2010

He achieved greatness unequalled
-Max Planck
The Queen has to approve those honours, correct? Jesus, what an weird application for her to open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
Apparently her son Prince Charles got one in 1981. Still, the whole thing is incredibly stupid, especially after the cold response Abbott got after he announced he was going to re-open the knights and Dames bullshit.

• Locked thread