Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
youre dying next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer

no im not.

Piso Mojado

dogcrash truther posted:

youre dying next

it will probably be me

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I'm partial to foxes, but I laughed really hard at the garbage dick. I think I have to go with DemonToadGoat

FartGhost

i pick stormyish but the garbage dick is also really good

Stormyish

lively in here

FartGhost

itīs a difficult choice i cant blame people for not voting

Piso Mojado

bwee is keeping us on edge, a true gamesmaster

Wobble Kitten
<I normally lurk but whatever>

DemonToadGoat made me laugh with a brilliant depiction of a floating garbage dick.
Stormyish made me laugh with her clever venomous-animal raft idea, and her beautiful psuedo-snakeraft illustration inspired me so much that I bite whatever spectator is sitting next to me.

I vote Stormy lives!

FluffieDuckie

Wobble Kitten posted:

<I normally lurk but whatever>

DemonToadGoat made me laugh with a brilliant depiction of a floating garbage dick.
Stormyish made me laugh with her clever venomous-animal raft idea, and her beautiful psuedo-snakeraft illustration inspired me so much that I bite whatever spectator is sitting next to me.

I vote Stormy lives!

whoa a lurker appears. hi there and welcome :wave:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Bwee
Stormyish, on her venomous balloon raft, and DemonToadGoat, on his garbage-dick-driftwood contraption, both seem to be struggling to make it to the island. The constant barrage of cannonfire from the mainland isn't helping. They both look straight into where they imagine a camera should be, and plead to the Capitol for sponsorship.

Stormyish, it looks like the Capitol chose you! Another balloon floats down out of the sky towards your boat, carrying a package. You rip open the package and find that, wow, it contains an outboard motor! You can easily make it to the island now!

DemonToadGoat, you look up in the sky, awaiting a balloon to float down and give you something, but the only balloon you see is the Capitol balloon Stormyish tosses off the side of her raft (she has too many balloons already). The deflated balloon lands on your face -- you're blinded! You paddle around aimlessly on your dick boat, but to no avail. A cannonball sinks your ship.

Bwee
Surviving tributes! Here is a map of the arena (fixed to proper orientation this time)

Current locations:

West Jungle: bwatts, WindmillSlayer
South Island: Stormyish, Alnilam
North Forest: Theglavwen, Status_Surge
East City: Classicist, ATCG

Tributes! You may move up to two squares. Please do so, now!

WindmillSlayer

I go one square west, and make another notch in my belt. The forced tears come this time. They look very natural.

Stormyish

I pillage the island and eat everything edible and inedible,
then I sail eastward two squares,
then I do the hokey pokey and turn myself about

Bwee
Clarification: The gray squares have huge cement walls surrounding them so you can't enter them

posting smiling
i hold atcg's hand and skip towards the volcano and sing a song from the wizard of oz ironically.

Piso Mojado

I am an expert skipper as I proved in phisical training

Stormyish

then I do all of that stuff above, except I move two squares north, I suppose

bwatts

i head west as well, to catch up to windy.

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
One square North, to the peaks, so that I may look down over the arena and plan my conquest.

Wobble Kitten
Oh my god, I never knew such power could come with posting...

I struggle with my newfound sense of godlike power while also lamenting the unfortunate but necessary loss of my fellow garbage dick. I will always remember how you looked in your last glorious moment.

FluffieDuckie

someone please buy this as an av for demontoadghost

Stormyish

not man y places to move

Bwee
Remember, you don't have to move anywhere, you can stay on your current square

Stormyish

then this island will do, be it stripped bare of edible things

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
I look towards the mountain and see my fellow tribute moving towards it. i decide to move towards it in hopes of finding weapons or supplies so that i can take down the other tributes more easily.

I also take note to stay out of sight of my fellow tribute as theres only two of us, and i dont wish to find myself thrown from the mountain.

Bwee

alnilam

Stormyish posted:

then this island will do, be it stripped bare of edible things

stormyish old friend, i'm so happy to see you made it!

i'm also going to stay on this island, partially because i'm pretty pooped from my cannonball flight and also i'm not sure how i'd get anywhere else without stormy's reaft.

just in case some challenge comes and pops them balloons, i start building a backup raft out of wood and vine

stormyish you are invited to help or if your venomous balloons pop you are welcome on my raft regardless, eithe rway we only have one motor

ty manifisto

Bwee
In the NORTH, Theglavwen and Status_Surge make it past the power-line strewn forest into the mountains, because of course there are snow-covered mountains in this arena, why wouldn't there be? They make their way to the summit, thinking it'd be a great place to hide, but, what's this, at the top of the summit is a wildlife preserve!

You look around for a sign seeing what animals are preserved here, and, oh poo poo, it's a preserve for Yetis. And, oh poo poo again, there appears to be a Yeti staring right at you.

You begin running down the mountain, but the Yeti's gaining on you... you'll never be able to outrun them at your pace. You'll have to find a way to make it down the mountain.

Tributes of District 0.999999...! Your job is to write a brief paragraph describing how, as you're running away from the Yeti, you scrounge up materials on the mountain that will let you make it down the mountain. You also need to draw an awesome picture showing you escaping from the Yeti. The only real way to victory is to do something cool enough to impress the Capitol sponsors and get a package that will allow you to survive.

Please note that you can try to escape down the mountain together, but the Capitol sponsors won't be particularly impressed... you'll need to receive more votes than if you eachescape separately.

Capitol sponsors, your job is to pick which one of them you want to save!

Bwee
In the EAST, Classicist and ATCG make their way out of the city to the large volcano that's inexplicably in the middle of the Hungry Games arena. You walk up to the peak of the volcano and confirm that yes, it is a volcano, full of lava that is really hot. It doesn't appear too dangerous though... it's kind of boring, actually...

You begin roasting some marshmallows that you brought with you, because why wouldn't you have marshmallows, when you suddenly hear an ominous chanting from behind you. A tribe of warriors has climbed up atop the volcano, and, oh poo poo, their leader is that heart guy from Indiana Jones.

Holding a burning heart in his hand, the heart guy looks at each of you and says that the volcano demands a sacrifice. But, the volcano is on a diet, so they only need to sacrifice a single person.

Tributes of District 555! Your job is to write a brief paragraph describing why you should NOT be sacrificed, and follow it up with a neat picture of you pleading for your life.

Please note that you can work together and beg for mercy for the two of you, but you'll have to receive votes saying "let's sacrifice neither of them." If you each beg separately, you'll just have to receive fewer death votes than your fellow tribute.

Gamesmasters, Mola Ram (the heart guy) has a bluetooth headset connected directly to you. He's being paid directly by the gamesmasters (they give him a big selection of hearts to burn), so he'll listen to their votes. Your job is to vote for the person to sacrifice!

Bwee
In the SOUTH, Alnilam and Stormyish are on the small tropical island a few hundred yards away from the shore. It's funny, though... something about this island, with its palm trees and coconuts and sand... it makes you go crazy. It could also be the hallucinogens the gamesmasters are pumping through the air.

You begin to hallucinate, thinking that you're Tom Hanks marooned on the island in that Cast Away movie. Your last few sane thoughts have you realize that the only way to survive is to get sponsorship from the Capitol. You know that the sponsors in the Capitol are *huge* Cast Away fans, so you figure the best way to live is to make your very own Wilson!

Tributes of District 27! Please write a few sentences describing the materials you salvage from the island to make your "Wilson," and why your Wilson is the very best. Then, because the citizens in the Capitol bore easily, please draw a pretty picture of your Wilson.

Please note that you can come up with a single Wilson for the two of you, but it better be a drat good one to impress the Capitol. If you work together, you'll need to receive more votes than if you each make your own Wilson.

Capitol sponsors, your job is to pick which one of these poor shipwrecked islanders you want to save!

Bwee
In the WEST, bwatts and WindmillSlayer find themselves in an open grassland of sorts. It's strikingly similar to the savannah in Lion King. Haha, there's even a cute little watering hole and a big elephant skull marking the elephant graveyard... looks like the gamesmasters like Disney movies. Doesn't seem like there are any animals, though...

As you're taking in the surroudings, you suddenly hear a low growl coming from behind you. You look back and see that only yards away is a lion, ready to pounce!

Tributes of District 350! You're going to have to run, then hide!

Please write a few sentences describing where you run to on the savannah (knowing that there are precious few places to hide) and how you outrun the lion, then draw a picture depicting how you blend in with your surroundings. Remember, in the Hunger Games movie Peter Griffin used his bakery skills to disguise himself as mud... you can do better than that.

You can run and hide together, where you will have to receive votes specifically saying "let's kill neither of them", or you can run and hide separately, where you will just have to receive fewer death votes than your fellow tribute!

Gamesmasters! These lions are controlled like the blue cats in Avatar, so you have full pick over who they decide to kill. You can watch from the camera and tell Jerry in the Avatar pod which tribute to run after.

Bwee
For voters:
NORTH: Choose who you want to LIVE
EAST: Choose who you want to DIE
SOUTH: Choose who you want to LIVE
WEST: Choose who you want to DIE

WindmillSlayer

I glance behind me at my fellow tribute. I turn and run, and tag him. "You're it." I call out, and dash off looking for a place to hide.

I don't look behind me to check if he's following, but I hope to god he is.

posting smiling
"mr ram. can i call you mola?" my mind is racing. "drat nice volcano you have. can't blame you for wanting to throw people down there." i illustrate the point by tossing one of my marshmallows down into the bubbling magma, but i'm actually making careful observation of its trajectory. if i want to pull this off, i'm going to need to calculate this perfectly.

"ahh, the glow of the lava reminds me of the gold refinery back in old district 555..." i trail off and look longingly up into the sky. the capitol loves a patriotic tribute. but something has been nagging me. back in the talent demonstration phase the judges told me that my close up magic routine would never come in handy in the arena. the years of abuse i've received about my magic all lead up to this moment.

"...but i just don't think i can be your sacrifice. you see, i've got this weak heart" i begin rhythmically thumping on my chest. this is called misdirection, i want them to look at it.

i make my move. under my other arm i've been holding a hatsune miku body pillow from sax's anime store back in the city. these are very hard to find in the outer districts so i grabbed it. i deftly rip the head off the miku pillow and pull it over atcg's own. then, in the same swooping motion i spin around and yell "not today motherfucker". appearing to push atcg into the volcano, i actually throw the pillow and scoop up atcg under my arm. his pale skin and pillowy physique make him indistinguishable from the original article.

guess you got your sacrifice. happy? :c00l: (i also grabbed the sunglasses while we were in the city)

Stormyish

I'll get right on it when I'm done with work

bwatts

i follow windy as we run away from the lion, searching for a place to hide together. i stop the lion from eating us by tricking it with cool zig zag running, meaning it cannot properly work out where we are heading towards - lions (both 'natural' and controlled by people like jerry) have computers for brains, and by continunally changing our direction we overheat its brain which causes its sight to faulter, and it slows down. unfortunately, we are both out of breath by this point, and we stop to see where we can hide as the lion strides towards us.

the big rock is in the distance now, and between it and us lies a suspiciously autumnal pile of leaves. there is a is a magical-looking stone formation nearby, but we both immediately see our best chance at staying hidden: the lion itself. i throw the object i've been carrying on the ground, and the audience can finally see what it is... a d20. and it landed on a 20.
"they always said my luck was the stuff of legends", i say to windy.

i pick up the d20, and using the roll i expertly hide inside the lion's mouth as it begins to roar, placing myself in such a position that it cannot easily bite me. windy takes the opportunity to melt into the lion's shadow, visibile to the keen eye but not the currently-impaired lion.

alnilam

<I might not get to this til tomorrow is that okay>

<also stormy do you want to team up>

WindmillSlayer

<ooc: we each drew half>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

bwatts posted:

i follow windy as we run away from the lion, searching for a place to hide together. i stop the lion from eating us by tricking it with cool zig zag running, meaning it cannot properly work out where we are heading towards - lions (both 'natural' and controlled by people like jerry) have computers for brains, and by continunally changing our direction we overheat its brain which causes its sight to faulter, and it slows down. unfortunately, we are both out of breath by this point, and we stop to see where we can hide as the lion strides towards us.

the big rock is in the distance now, and between it and us lies a suspiciously autumnal pile of leaves. there is a is a magical-looking stone formation nearby, but we both immediately see our best chance at staying hidden: the lion itself. i throw the object i've been carrying on the ground, and the audience can finally see what it is... a d20. and it landed on a 20.
"they always said my luck was the stuff of legends", i say to windy.

i pick up the d20, and using the roll i expertly hide inside the lion's mouth as it begins to roar, placing myself in such a position that it cannot easily bite me. windy takes the opportunity to melt into the lion's shadow, visibile to the keen eye but not the currently-impaired lion.

each of them drawing half the picture is adorable :3:. i vote we kill neither of them

• Locked thread