Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Will our heroes be able to save Khadral and prevent him from being the latest victim of the fire forest? (Maybe.) Will we stop yammering about Assassin's Creed and how terrible it is? (Yes.) Will Jeegan ever make a stealth check? (No.)

The answers to these questions and more to be revealed tonight Tuesday, January 27th at 7 PM PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Down to roll dice with you guys

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
yay~

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A friend had an emergency and needs help with damage control. I was called in. I am sorry about the short notice.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm tired and angry but my friend is still married with a job. So. yea

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
We hit level 6! Also the goblins were trying to summon a "Trillith" and we saved the dragonborn dude. Drago double crit in one attack and flew 10 squares.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Gharbad the Weak posted:

We hit level 6! Also the goblins were trying to summon a "Trillith" and we saved the dragonborn dude. Drago double crit in one attack and flew 10 squares.

Also, Bahamut is making Jeegan, Erik, and Capmor feel really guilty about something they did in their past. And Jeegan might switch to a Fighter.

Kaynorr, if I switch to Fighter, can my Reinforcing Plate Armor switch to scale? I think I would basically be fine with Jeegan's existing items assuming I could get scale armor instead of plate.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Also, Bahamut is making Jeegan, Erik, and Capmor feel really guilty about something they did in their past. And Jeegan might switch to a Fighter.

We also figured out why Deft Strike is awesome, and I take it as a personal victory that enemies finally got to lay down some (mostly ineffectual, mind you) marks on PCs.

That said, apologies for the bit of chaos that crept up there at the end. I've gotten a little behind on prep with the new job and it turns out that the second act of this adventure is just a disorganized shitshow. That said, we're moving into third act now and things become a little more solid - plus I'm going to do a whole bunch of data entry and scaffolding this weekend that should take us through to the conclusion of the fire forest. If you have any revisions you want to make to your wish list, now is the time.

Flame112 posted:

Kaynorr, if I switch to Fighter, can my Reinforcing Plate Armor switch to scale? I think I would basically be fine with Jeegan's existing items assuming I could get scale armor instead of plate.

Sure. If Jeegan's sudden transition to a new power source doesn't ruin Mah Immersion, surely we can give his armor a quick shake and ignore that a bunch of the extra layers of metal just fell right off.

Herr Tog posted:

I'm tired and angry but my friend is still married with a job. So. yea

You are a good and noble man, and will be rewarded in the life hereafter. Or just have yourself a nice drink after work.

Also, here is that kind of play-by-post thing I was mentioning: https://storium.com/. It can still be derailed if either the players or narrator don't keep up with things (the narrator of my current story has had something like five sinus infections over the last two months) but it's at least structured better for asyncronous play that most things.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Do "MAH IMMERSION" problems include 'has a flight speed' and 'can breathe fire'?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Do "MAH IMMERSION" problems include 'has a flight speed' and 'can breathe fire'?

Hell no. It also does not extend to giving someone a complement so awesome, it actually knits broken bones.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

You are a good and noble man, and will be rewarded in the life hereafter. Or just have yourself a nice drink after work.

That is what they tell me. Sorry.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
The new, improved Jeegan: http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7412

Please note that your new model of Jeegan can:
-Fly
-Breathe fire
-Be stronger than a halfling

Some users have reported trouble with getting their new Jeegan to heal, grant saves, or have temp HP, but this is, in fact, working as designed!

Couple questions/notes for kaynorr: I believe my Speed should be 6, due to the Draconian Wings feat removing the speed penalty from heavy armor, but it's not showing up in the character builder and I have no idea why.
For my 'Kapak Instinctive Flight' ability, I have an altitude limit of 2, so does that mean I could use it to cross chasms and things like that, or will I immediately fall to 2 squares up from the bottom of a chasm if I try to cross one?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

For my 'Kapak Instinctive Flight' ability, I have an altitude limit of 2, so does that mean I could use it to cross chasms and things like that, or will I immediately fall to 2 squares up from the bottom of a chasm if I try to cross one?

As amusing as it would be to model your dragonwings as a set of anti-grav repulsorlifts, you can cross chasms without a problem. The altitude limit is just there to keep you from getting to high ground more than two squares up, or leaping over walls of similar height. I read Draconian Wings the same way you do, must be a quirk of the character creator. I look forward to our new 19 Strength fighter overlords.

Tog, is everything in place to move game permanently to Thursdays, or do we need to stick to Tuesday for at least another week?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
At least another week I am sorry

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
It's coo'

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Having saved Khadral from the goblins and given Eteranth a new lease on life, our heroes return to the bridge fort to check on the entourage. I'm sure nothing noteworthy has happened since they left.

We're playing tonight, Tuesday, February 3rd at 7 PM PST. Level 7 is closer than you might think.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
We need to quit returning to places. It only goes wrong.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

We need to quit returning to places. It only goes wrong.

Well, you did leave the entourage there. Sooner or later someone's going to get sick of being cooped up in a fort with Gug. Possibly Gug.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Or they stole our xp from mind controller guy.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

We're playing tonight, Tuesday, February 3rd at 7 PM PST. Level 7 is closer than you might think.

Why are you taunting us...

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
You mentioned that the fey dudes had some kinda of bonus against opportunity attacks or something, I'm curious what it was? Also: I'm a big fan of enemies who try to walk past fighters, and I hope future enemies continue to do so.

Jeegan's new item wishlist:

Jolting Guard Longsword
Bloodiron Drakescale Armor
Recoil Heavy Shield
Spidersilk Mantle
Iron Armbands of Power
Forgemaster's Gloves
Cincture of the Dragon Spirit
Boots of Leaping

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

You mentioned that the fey dudes had some kinda of bonus against opportunity attacks or something, I'm curious what it was? Also: I'm a big fan of enemies who try to walk past fighters, and I hope future enemies continue to do so.

They have a really nice interlocking set of powers that are all about flanking, combat advantage, and added damage. First we have Mobile Strike, a standard at-will that reads "The seela skirmisher moves up to 6 squares and makes a melee basic attack during that movement. The target is not granted an opportunity attack when the seela skirmisher moves away.". Which was somewhat negated when they constantly had two or more foes up in their face. They also have Dragonfly Flit, a move at-will reading "The seela skirmisher moves up to 4 squares in an unpredictable manner. It gains a +4 bonus to AC against opportunity attacks and gains combat advantage against any target adjecent to it at the end of its movement." Unfortunately Jeegan's new ability to stop a move in progress denied them the ability to flank as much as they wanted to.

Why flanking? Because Kandrvann has Action Command, a standard Recharge 5 power: "Close Burst 5; Allies currently flanking a target may make a basic attack as a free action. The allly must be able to see and hear the seela rebel leader." The overall goal is to have 3-4 skirmishers flanking (which they had for about two turns before Drago starting sliding everyone around) and then pop Action Command for big numbers. Then go invisible and set it all up again.

It's one of the better designed encounters I've seen in the adventure path thus far.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

kaynorr posted:

seela stuff

Cool, I like seeing behind-the-scenes sort of stuff.

Are we having the session this week on Tuesday or Thursday? I'll probably have to miss it if it's on Thursday. It's only a problem for this week, though.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Flame112 posted:

Cool, I like seeing behind-the-scenes sort of stuff.

Are we having the session this week on Tuesday or Thursday? I'll probably have to miss it if it's on Thursday. It's only a problem for this week, though.

Tuesday is the day.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Excellent.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Those guys seem like really fun monsters to run as a GM. Tuesday is looks good this week. Next week it looks like I might have a thing

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Those guys seem like really fun monsters to run as a GM. Tuesday is looks good this week. Next week it looks like I might have a thing

I didn't want to say anything in advance, but I was really looking forward to that session in the sense of wanting to see how far I could go with a well-executed battle plan. I was a little worried that things would go a little TOO well for the opposition, but then Capmor starting loving people up and Jeegan's new fighter abilities were a hard counter on things that give zero fucks about opportunity attacks, so long as they can get where they want to go.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I'm unlikely to be able to make it tomorrow. I have a late job interview a good drive away and based on my current weather conditions I don't think I'll make it back home till around midnight-ish

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Nope, you're skipping a JOB INTERVIEW to pretend to be a GLORIFIED ELF

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Train endurance otherwise you will succumb to the elements.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Welcome to the lovely village of the seela. Your stay here will include first class accomodations in a variety of huts, continental breakfasts every morning, beautiful shoreside views, and a nightmarish monster perpetually bound to the bottom of the lake. We're so sure you'll love it here, you won't be allowed to leave by the all-consuming fire god worshipped by the goblins!

Learn more about your new home tonight, Tuesday, February 10th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This session was AMAZING

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
P.S. what am I reading?

http://www.worldofazolin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Avandra

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Here I made a thing:

Tog posted:

Erik Of Avandra
The Human Invoker

Erik was born when another died. In his small town in a small valley wandered an acolyte of Avandra. He took a rest at an inn. He died that night of natural causes as far as everyone in the village could tell. That very night Erik was born. The following days were filled with Avandra worshipers wandering into the valley and the town. They all expected their brother to have died on the road or in the forest. Not in a building let alone civilization. As more and more came it was revealed to the town that the acolyte who died was important and that his brothers and sisters would be staying to build a shrine to him. It was when the shrine’s humble construction began that Erik was brought to the attention of the mourning worshipers. After some prayers and divinations they came to the conclusion that this was no coincidence that is not how Avandra worked. The worshipers communed and offered to take care of the child, rear him, teach him, and provide for him. The family already had two children and was not well off as woodworkers who could not read or write themselves so they agreed. The Avandra worshipers compensated the family and the town for losing a healthy male as they felt necessary.
They made good on their promise and Erik was well cared for, well read and versed in scriptures. They took him to one of the few Monasteries of Avandra and raised him there. He knew nothing of his parents and did not care as those who loved Avandra showed him love and support. What Erik didn’t know was that not only was the Acolyte important but he was also powerful and a swordsman. The Worshipers in charge of Erik decided to allow him to take up swordplay and he showed promise. He showed promise as well in drawing on the raw power of Avandra and as such was taught how to invoke for the betterment of all. He was taught that words were hard but powerful so it was important to wield them like a blade, decisively but always in control.
When Erik was old enough he was given a choice; stay in the Monastery and keep learning while also teaching the next generation. Or go out on a journey like all had felt he was meant to. He chose a grand journey to ensure the self determination of others in a time where Tyrants were on the upswing. His path has intercepted with many others in the short time he has been wandering and some he still walks parallel with.
To give context in how Erik views Avandra I will compare it to how a preacher who was raised in the Vatican views Jesus Christ. She once walked the earth and can again but until then she uses people like Erik to perform her will. Additionally he is more orthodox and scripture focused and very resistance to differing opinions on the scriptures. Most Avandra worshipers are converted in nature of a market and thus are very unorthodox and a more focused on truths found through individual experiences. This is not heresy to Erik just another path that will lead to Avandra.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This coming week must be thursday.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

This coming week must be thursday.

Can everyone do Thursday this week? If not we'll postpone until next week - this is the big finale to the adventure so I don't want anyone to miss it.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
I'm good for Thursday.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Can everyone do Thursday this week? If not we'll postpone until next week - this is the big finale to the adventure so I don't want anyone to miss it.

Barring any unforseen deaths or opportunities yes I'm down

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Down for Thursday~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
I can do Thursday, yeah.

• Locked thread