Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Diane Morgan as Philomena Cunk as Doctor Who or nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q

Toxxupation posted:

Are you implying kelly macdonald is a bad actress

Smdh

i have not read Boardwalk threads on TVIV, is it Cool Contrarian Opinion to praise her round here? because there is nothing cool in it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Olivia Colman or bust :colbert:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Catherine Tate or bust!

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Billie Piper as the Doctor.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

fatherboxx posted:

i have not read Boardwalk threads on TVIV, is it Cool Contrarian Opinion to praise her round here? because there is nothing cool in it imo

no, if anything everyone's on the incorrect side that the margaret storylines are the worst parts of any BE season, because people are dumb and incorrect and kelly macdonald is a great actress

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

qntm posted:

Billie Piper as the Doctor.

...I'd actually be OK with this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Toxxupation posted:

no, if anything everyone's on the incorrect side that the margaret storylines are the worst parts of any BE season, because people are dumb and incorrect and kelly macdonald is a great actress

Yeah, the Margaret storylines in BE were amazing, and I never understood the almost seething hatred some people had about them. They explored the really hosed up bullshit women of the time had to deal with, as well as issues of morality, guilt (both religious and pressure from family/society etc), sacrifice and self-esteem. Throwing in Kelly MacDonald who IS a great actress just made them some of the best parts of a sadly underrated show.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I don’t care if the Doctor is played by a man or a woman.

I just don’t want the Irish. :colbert:

Aw prairie poo poo...Everybody!

(it's ok CobiWann I got it if they didn't)

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I don't think there should actually be a female doctor until Moffat isn't running the show anymore. For reasons. :colbert:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ewe2 posted:

Aw prairie poo poo...Everybody!

(it's ok CobiWann I got it if they didn't)

Yep.

But as I said in the other thread, man, woman, white, black, Indian, that doesn't matter to me, as long as it's someone from the Commonwealth.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CobiWann posted:

Yep.

But as I said in the other thread, man, woman, white, black, Indian, that doesn't matter to me, as long as it's someone from the Commonwealth.

So David Oyelowo is gonna be the Doctor. Got it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

kelly macdonald is a great actress

She's great in State of Play, too!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

CobiWann posted:

as long as it's someone from the Commonwealth.

So you're saying it's time for a Canadian Doctor?
:canada:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

thexerox123 posted:

So you're saying it's time for a Canadian Doctor?
:canada:

Vancouver is the new Cardiff.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Anyone who has good or even mediocre memories of this two-parter is an idiot. I can't be kind about this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm so fuckin' mad at doctor who right now

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

how could...I just...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :qq:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

this is my "journey's end"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

Oxxidation: huh, i guess he turned out to be pretty forgettable after all
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
This is just a dream, Occ. If you die, you'll wake up in reality and you'll have him back.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

Anyone who has good or even mediocre memories of this two-parter is an idiot. I can't be kind about this.

You get the towels I'll get the body glitter.

We'll make a day of it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

gently caress THIS EPISODE JUST ARRRRRRGH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :qq:

:smith::hf::sigh:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Fantastic.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Yeah, sorry man.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm Legit Mad at Doctor Who

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Toxxupation posted:

gently caress THIS EPISODE JUST ARRRRRRGH

I voted A :unsmigghh:

edit: oxx you son of a bitch I've been waiting to make that joke since Vampires of Venice

ThePlague-Daemon fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 31, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
What I like most about this episode is how often you're watching scenes that you know don't matter at all. Like you're watching all these scenes about the peace talks, but you know it doesn't matter because the lizard lady's already dead and you know it's all gonna collapse when the other characters learn. But then you know the lizard lady's death doesn't matter because the lizard lady commander is already doing the coup.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also the Doctor fistbumps the vivisectionist surgeon who seemingly took sadistic pleasure in cutting open conscious human beings, who suddenly is all about caring for the well-being of his patients.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Best companion. :(

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
sic transit rory ex mundi

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

At the start getting the audience to applaud louder by telling us that if we didn't show we liked him enough they had Colin waiting on a plane to replace him, and no-one wants that.

Numerous donut jokes.

Numerous pizza jokes.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Best companion. :(

There;s only been one companion up to now with Eleven, so it's hard to make that call on Amy yet.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Best companion's companion

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So if Rory never existed, does that mean that you can no longer rate episodes on the Rory scale?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Didn't this episode have some teleporter to the surface thing? Because the one thing that annoyed me with the last one was, how do they kidnap these people from deep underground? A really deep Bugs Bunny hole?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Rory Status: Never Owned

Also I can state with utter confidence I also got this one wrong, so I'm only 4 away from the opposite of a perfect streak

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's really masterful the way they lulled us into semi-consciousness with a dull as dirt 2 parter, and then just when you're giving a thankful sigh that it is nearly over . . . wham! Right in the Rory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Out of a possible five Rories, this episode gets "What's a Rory?"

• Locked thread