Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patriots won the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 386 56.02%
Boo! 303 43.98%
Total: 689 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Holy poo poo :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ramadu posted:

The dome isn't for playing at night dummy!!! geez!!

Yeah, Phoenix is doing its best to be a low rent knock of LA and is doing a good job at it. It's a horrible poo poo city that poisons the entire state.

You just insulted LA so bad lmao.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
wait so when Bevell gets canned and the Seahawks win it all next year is he allowed to say "you cannot disrespect the caterpillar and rave about the butterfly" ??

where do we draw the line

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Pete is taking full responsibility for it right now, but it remains to be seen if he's being honest or just backing up his guy.

@AKinkhabwala
Seahawk tells me last play def call sent in by coaches. Asked if it was explained. "Last thing they're going to do is admit they're wrong"

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Where is Dan Shaughnessy? I need to know how many days until pitchers and catchers report.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Sounds like Carroll has lost the locker room. Time for him to go IMHO.

How good is their DL coach on camera?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Where is Dan Shaughnessy? I need to know how many days until pitchers and catchers report.

I'm sure he went to bed after the Seahawks went up 10.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Chinatown posted:

You just insulted LA so bad lmao.

Haha well....what's LA gonna do about it? Send more horrible people to Phoenix?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Anyone else bugged by the fact this is last year's game?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thinking about the champion Ravens losing to Charlie Batch, I just realized my favorite thing about this outcome nobody's talking about

The champion Patriots? Their last loss? Against the Bills.

Kyle Orton's last game in the NFL ended in him being the QB on the last team to conquer the Patriots before they won it all.

Godspeed <3

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 2, 2015

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Seriouschat how much money did Russell Wilson cost himself over the last 8 quarters of football? There's no way he gets a Kaep/Flacco contract now, right? I'm thinking something like 4/$32 because in no way is he worth $20m a season.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Everblight posted:

Seriouschat how much money did Russell Wilson cost himself over the last 8 quarters of football? There's no way he gets a Kaep/Flacco contract now, right? I'm thinking something like 4/$32 because in no way is he worth $20m a season.
he lost 0 dollars and 0 cents

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Everblight posted:

He cost himself absolutely zero. He has a ring and Kap doesn't so your logic doesn't even play there.

Also Flacco and Kaepernick have wildly different contracts.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Russell Wilson gon get paid because its not like he funslinged it there all on his own.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Garrett would have run the ball.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He will still get a huge contract because he is better than anyone they could realistically replace him with, which makes him worth whatever he's going to ask for.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Im glad that relying on bullshit miracle bomb passes didn't win a game for the seahawks for loving once.

also gronk has a ring, that also owns.

also if bevell isn't fired the team is probably going to fall to pieces which is pretty cool.

NippleFloss posted:

He will still get a huge contract because he is better than anyone they could realistically replace him with, which makes him worth whatever he's going to ask for.

wilson's going to get a huge contract and lynch is going to retire/fall off a cliff/go somewhere else and boy howdy it's not going to be pretty.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sherman probably needs TJS

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

http://twitter.com/Adv_NFL_Stats/status/562093283661594625/photo/1

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

shiksa posted:

Im glad that relying on bullshit miracle bomb passes didn't win a game for the seahawks for loving once.

also gronk has a ring, that also owns.

also if bevell isn't fired the team is probably going to fall to pieces which is pretty cool.

Everything is coming up Rams!

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I would be so pissed off if I was Lynch. I could easily see him go to another contender. He and the Colts would be a great match but it'll never happen.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

davecrazy posted:

Everything is coming up Rams!

jeff fisher is the epitome of "perennial 2nd place"

prepare for Cards supremacy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shiksa posted:

jeff fisher is the epitome of "perennial 2nd place"

prepare for Cards supremacy.

I'm surprisingly OK with this.

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
The best thing after the Seahawks losing is to have them implode.

The Jim Tomsula 49ers era of 4 more Superbowl wins is ready to own the NFC West! :getin:

...once he takes a few public speaking courses!

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Everblight posted:

Sorry dude. Russell is going to get his 20M a year and Seattle's almost free top 10 QB ride is over. This was a very fortunate window for Seattle to be paying him 3rd round contract cash, but that train is leaving the station.

loving LOL @ 4/32 try 5/110 with 45 guaranteed or more. He doesn't have to take a contract like Kaep and expect his guaranteed cash to be in Flacco/Rodgers range.

4/32 is about the dumbest loving thing I've read all day

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Russell Wilson is going to suddenly become absolute rear end once he loses a little bit of speed and all of the magic bullshit vanishes. If that doesn't happen in the next several years, he's a pretty reliable choice for the Seahawks considering their strengths and the general dearth of top-tier QBs..

if he starts slowing down even the slightest bit soon, though, :laffo:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Idiot Kicker posted:

I would be so pissed off if I was Lynch. I could easily see him go to another contender. He and the Colts would be a great match but it'll never happen.

another contender?... like the,,, pats??? :getin:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
um what indications are there that Wilson is physically going to start slowing down at the ripe old age of 26

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Tough loss for the Seahawks. But I think we still have the core of a strong team and if we resign key players we could be back in the Super Bowl sometime in the next three yeras

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
My super bowl party ended with two Pats fans screaming in delirious joy. I am still a Jets fan. The end, no moral.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
youre crazy if you think marshawns going to move on over this.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

another contender?... like the,,, pats??? :getin:

Pats couldn't pay him, sadly. It'd be fun to see Gronk and Lynch as buddies on the bench :3:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I completely missed 4/$32 hahahaha

Didn't Orton make like $5 million this year?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GaussianCopula posted:

It's sad that the Seahawks are so bad mannered when they lose. I remember the shitstorm schiano got for not "respecting" the victory formation, but at least he didn't punch players. Shows us that the Seahawks are a team of thugs.

:captainpop: Go on...

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Wilson's ceiling longterm is Drew Brees , which is fine and good if I were a 'hawks fan.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

youre crazy if you think marshawns going to move on over this.

It'll be a rematch next year unless something drastic happens like Belichick retirig

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Pleeeenty of offseason to happen first dudes.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I sorta missed the shitshow at the end there after the INT packing up my kid and stuff to leave where I was at. What was the deal with the kneeldown? I know SEA jumped, but if they didn't did brady have room to not take a saftey there?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

davecrazy posted:

I sorta missed the shitshow at the end there after the INT packing up my kid and stuff to leave where I was at. What was the deal with the kneeldown? I know SEA jumped, but if they didn't did brady have room to not take a saftey there?

yeah he would have been kneeling in the endzone (the first time)

all bets were off the second and third times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

davecrazy posted:

Brady would have had to basically run it forward on a sneak just to avoid a safety. Thankfully Avril solved that problem.

• Locked thread