Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Best cardio is giving manly hugs to men and hip tossing them like ragdolls.

Not homo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

ElMaligno posted:

Best cardio is giving manly hugs to men and hip tossing them like ragdolls.

Not homo

Only gay if the eyes lock.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I bike a poo poo ton and run a poo poo ton, and lift twice a week. Cardio lyfestyle

Suck my dick from the back fags.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MurderBot posted:

I bike a poo poo ton and run a poo poo ton, and lift twice a week. Cardio lyfestyle

Suck my dick from the back fags.

I lift three times a week and do bjj two times a week. Don't come near my dick cuz you are gay as gently caress.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I can only hope you put me in some crazy BJJ hold where I will rock your world.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

MurderBot posted:

bro get in my guard bro

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ElMaligno posted:

I lift three times a week and give bjs two times a week

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MurderBot posted:

North and south position is one thing layer of clothing away of being a 69.

Plz dont shame my protein gain method.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

North and south position is one thing layer of clothing away of being a 69.

Plz dont shame my protein gain method.

Not efficient at all.
Probably burn more than you earn.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Switching to hook grip for deadlifts. Feels a lot more secure than double overhand but my thumbs hurt like hell. It'll be some light weights as I acclimate to this.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah it definitely takes some acclimation but once you get used to it you feel nothing. You'll see a lot of people complain about nerve damage and numbness but w/e

It's nice to not have to stagger your grip for a deadlift

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah it definitely takes some acclimation but once you get used to it you feel nothing. You'll see a lot of people complain about nerve damage and numbness but w/e

It's nice to not have to stagger your grip for a deadlift

I suspect mixed grip has been aggravating an old lower back injury because of the torsion.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dingleberry posted:

Not efficient at all.
Probably burn more than you earn.

So my protein whey has 120 calories and 24 grams of protein, so assuming I want the same amount of calories how much protein will cum have? 29 grams.
How much cum do you need to drink in order to get this much protein? Assuming you want 120 calories of cum you need 583ml or roughly a liittle above half a liter of cum.

Talk about a hard thing to swallow!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Switching to hook grip for deadlifts. Feels a lot more secure than double overhand but my thumbs hurt like hell. It'll be some light weights as I acclimate to this.

Hook is too akwatd for me, but mixed grip works for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's always awkward at first. Do some with low weight or bent over rows/pendlays

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Straps are p good too and you can work grip using accessory exercises.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

If taking cock in the rear end were easy, everyone would do it.

High school sports ruined running for me.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Straps are p good too and you can work grip using accessory exercises.

agreed. I'm not some lifting guru but if the purpose of deadlifts is train your legs and lower back, then who gives a gently caress about grip.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not denying that cardio is good for you but running loving blows and there's a million other ways to get your heart rate up

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm not denying that cardio is good for you but running loving blows and there's a million other ways to get your heart rate up like doing buttloads of cocaine

Trudat

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pls dont actually put yayo up your butt

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I used to love running. Did a marathon just for fun. The army sucked the fun out of it though. Maybe in a few years I'll enjoy it again...

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm not denying that cardio is good for you but running loving blows and there's a million other ways to get your heart rate up

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

If taking cock in the rear end were easy, everyone would do it.

Some correlation here.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Running/endurance sports are cool in general when you realize how fast the human body is capable of going.

the only thing that sucks about it, is getting down to say... a 4:30 minute mile or even an 18 minute 5K you lose a poo poo ton of muscle, and you can kiss heavy squats, deadlifts and bench out the window.

YMMV but it's been my experience and those around me.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
actually the human body is slow as poo poo thats why we made guns and missiles and stuff so we dont have to run around like assholes to eat

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

actually the human body is slow as poo poo thats why we made guns and missiles and stuff so we dont have to run around like assholes to eat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thinking about setting up a small workout area in my new place. I think I have enough room to squeeze something practical in here. It is carpet though. Maybe a squat rack/adjustable bench setup. Anyone ever used those bowflex or powerblock adjustable dumbells? The ones that go up to 90 are really expensive. Probably going to try to get everything off craigslist, we'll see. But just need an olympic bar, 4 45s, and a handful of smaller increments. I'm also on the bottom floor thankfully so no concern there. The carpet isn't too thick or cumbersome but maybe i'll look into some sort of tiles to set down in a small area.

Anyone got some pics of their setup they can post?

Area in question:

Mind the mess I'm moving in now. Got about 70" or so width against that wall

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 3, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Thinking about setting up a small workout area in my new place. I think I have enough room to squeeze something practical in here. It is carpet though. Maybe a squat rack/adjustable bench setup. Anyone ever used those bowflex or powerblock adjustable dumbells? The ones that go up to 90 are really expensive. Probably going to try to get everything off craigslist, we'll see. But just need an olympic bar, 4 45s, and a handful of smaller increments. I'm also on the bottom floor thankfully so no concern there. The carpet isn't too thick or cumbersome but maybe i'll look into some sort of tiles to set down in a small area.

Anyone got some pics of their setup they can post?

Stall mats.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nice purses

fill those with heavy rocks and lift them #lifehack

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'm on campus at the moment so no pictures, but I purchased the top-of-the-line (3x3 11ga supports, 84" high) NewYork Barbell Squat Rack with high/low lat-pull attachment, and have a cheapo powerlifting-type bar (31mm, center knurl) and a decent amount of iron plates (6x45, 2x25, 4x10, 2x5, 2x2.5). I also have a FID bench, dip stand, dip belt, gymnastic rings (set low like a TRX), olympic EZ-Curl bar, olympic plate dumbell handles, a bunch of handles for the high/low lat-pull, a full set of pairs of bands (micro mini to super heavy), a pair of 16kg kettlebells and a 32kg kettlebell. Here's my general advice, based on what I've learned from building my home gym:

- The above dude recommending horse-stall mats is right. Get them, they will protect your floor, your weights and your wallet. They will make your house smell like rubber for a week but it goes away.

- Focus on multi-use items, as the amount of space this takes up skyrockets quickly. Buy from brands that have a lot of accessories available as attachments to whatever rack you get to minimize the number of large stand-alone parts. I've never used decline bench, and rarely bothered with incline (I just do standing press and flat bench) so I could have gotten a much higher quality bench if I had bought just a simple flat bench.

- Buying olympic bars off Craigslist is a crapshoot. I spent a lot of time learning exactly what to look for in a bar in terms of condition, and I would have gotten scammed at least three or four times before I found the bar I bought if I hadn't. It's really hard to eyeball whether a bar is slightly bent, and I had at least one person try and pass off a cheap CAP as a York, since both are the same size and have the same markings. Ultimately I bought a cheap bar from someone who was at least honest and gave a good price - I probably would have looked forever if I was trying to find a decent price on a real quality bar. The iron I bought all at the same time for a really good price, since it's much harder to lie about hunks of metal. I ended up buying all 'Weider Hammertone' plates from a guy who was leaving the area; they are sorta poo poo, but I was able to pick them up for less than 70 cents per pound.

- If you cheap out on the bar and weights like I did, invest in a pair of 10lb/5kg spin-lock compression collars. Ivanko, Eleiko and Fringesport all make them, there's probably more knockoffs out there too. They're about $125 a pair from good brands, but they lock the weights nicely into place so there's no plate slop, which is really nice for deadlifts and powercleans. I'm talking about these: http://www.fringesport.com/collections/weightlifting-accessories/products/vaughn-weightlifting-weightlifting-collars-pair (unlike NYBB, I really really recommend Fringesport. Their customer service reps have done right by me on several occasions and their prices are fair and include shipping).

If I was to do it all again, I'd probably get a Rogue HR-2 half-rack or S-2 squat stand with safety spotter arms and plate storage, an actual decent oly bar with bumper plates, a flat bench, and the rings. I enjoy having the full cage, the lat-pull, and the incline bench, but ultimately they get less use than the suspension rings, pull-up/dips and "big three" lifting, which you can do with just the stand. The stand also dominates the room less, costs slightly less money, and is much lighter when PCSing. Rogue stuff costs a brand premium, but has really awesome rack accessories, like a GHD, reverse hyper, dip station, plate storage, etc. Adjustable dumbells are nice, but really expensive and IMO not really necessary.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Tough Mudder complete. Here's a little copy/paste from the obstacle course thread.

vulturesrow posted:

Yesterday was the day. Really nice day for it, temperature was just right and clear skies. I had a good time for the most part. My pace dropped off at about the 4 mile mark which was pretty good considering how little run specific training I did leading up to it. At mile 7 I got a cramp and by mile 8 I was full on cramping until the end of the race. The thick red clay mud and constant up and downhills from mile 8-9 really exacerbated the cramps and made it impossible to recover. I'm not sure where the cramps came from since I thought I hydrated pretty well leading up to the race but I guess I didn't. But I finished. If I do another one I will definitely do some more run specific training.

The obstacles I didn't find to be overly challenging, again as expected, since I primarily strength train normally. One obstacle, a revamp of an old obstacle had an hour waiting line. It was ridiculous. This was right between mile 2-3 IIRC. The worst obstacle was Arctic Enema. Electroshock wasn't bad at all. I got tagged 2 or 3 times but it didnt hurt, just made me jerk a little.

Oh yeah, apparently it was a one day event because there are still blue laws in this part of the world (cant sell alcohol on Sundays). LOL bible belt.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
Going on a leadership course (dunno what the equivalent is in the US), so I need a program. Lately I've been doing Westside For Skinny Bastards, 3-4 a week of upper body max, upper body rep, lower body dynamic (oly lifts), and lower body max, plus sporadic BJJ (want to do x2 a week but busy lately).

So, knowing this dumb course will have lots of PT that I suck at (pushups, pullups, running) I want to focus on the next few months until June on conditioning, since right now Im just fat, and my history of lifting has me slowly turning into a centaur with all the oly lifting, and 5x5.

However, what I do love, are weight oriented conditioning like Farmer walks, drags, and prowler pushes/runs, and I like sprinting intervals/HIIT. So, what can I do that will keep my lifting somewhat heavy (I know since Ill be conditionning and losing weight, I wont have any gains), keep doing BJJ, and incorporating some type of conditioning in? Its hard to find legitimate conditioning programs from actual S&C sources that aren't stupid Men's Fitness magazine full of "blast your core!" poo poo. Just right now, I know Ill be throwing in pushups and pullups into all the Maximum Repetition workouts in WFSBs, but Im sure there's a better way to do all this.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Just add in pft work 2-3 times a week to what your doing right now. 1 day do a mock pft to gauge your progress and so there won't be any surprises game day, then the other 2 days do intervals of both slow and controlled(to build dat muscle) and speed (to build up endurance and learn to move more efficiently) sets. Keep rest periods 1-2 minutes between mock pft events, and 30seconds -1 minute for the other days. I usually save the running until afterwards. 1/4 mile intervals one day, then 1/2 mile intervals the other

On mock pft days, try and do it first before anything else so you're fresh

That's pretty much it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Crossposting because holy loving lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxRhtZLItY

vains
May 26, 2004

275 incline PR. Probably could have done another 5 or 10 but that would have involved using weights smaller than 25lbs.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
nice progress

bench 225 for 13 (sprained my wrist on like rep 10)
squat 315 for 22 ...after rock climbing earlier in the day

gonna see how many times i can rep 135 on ohp and 405 for dl next week. looking at 12+ and 20+ respectively.

also pushups and situps are 80+ at 230lbs

creatine made me this way, i just know it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

bench 225 for 13 (sprained my wrist on like rep 10)

:magical:

vains
May 26, 2004

A totally pointless goal of mine is to post NFL combine 225 rep numbers. like 15-20

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

A totally pointless goal of mine is to post NFL combine 225 rep numbers. like 15-20

After the Superbowl I did 225 for 12 in honor of Tom Brady.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010

that's a good goal actually

also most of those guys don't even do complete reps, so you're probably already there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yo bros anyone else doing the murph wod post your times here