Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Inigo Joe
Just as Inigo was going to argues with the angel, he saw two newcomers walking towards them.

Good, he thought. It should be interesting to have juries to judge this man's crime.

He greets the skeleton and nurse, both surely a fair jury of life and death. Will the angel act as an impartial judge in this trial?

"Hello, my name is Inigo Joe." He points his left finger at the old husk of a man kneeing on the ground. "This man, is the man who directly responsible for the destruction of this town along with thousands of innocent lives." A pixel of tears rolls down his left cheek. "My father, is one of his victim."

He face the skeleton and ask, " was this man's soul not deserve to be taken by the agent of the devil to the very depth of hell?"

He turn his face to the nurse and ask, "was this man who clearly lost his will to live due to the guilt of his action, not be put through a merciful death?"

Finally, he face the angel and ask, "was this man's crime not deserve justice? Does his soul not deserve the wrath of God?"

Taking a step back, he face them all and pled, "If I do not have the rights to take revenge of the murderer who killed my father, then I am fine with the angel dealing a just and final blow to this killer. I am fine with a creature of undead to rip his soul from his sinful corpse . I am fine... To at least have him receive a merciful and painless death by the gentle hands of the nurse."

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Byzantiel considers the stickman's words for a moment before responding.

"ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇᴠᴀʟᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs ɪs ғᴀᴜʟᴛʏ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴄᴏʀʀᴇsᴘᴏɴᴅs ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴄʟᴏsᴇʟʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ᴇxᴘʟᴏʀᴇʀ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡᴇʀ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴʏ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴇᴏᴍᴇᴛᴇʀ. ɪᴛ ᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɴᴏᴛᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏ ᴄᴀᴜsᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴇᴛ ʙᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ᴘʀᴏᴠᴇɴ. ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴀʀ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴄʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ."

A merest tinge of annoyance enters Byzantiel's tone as it continues.

"ᴏғ ᴄᴏᴜʀsᴇ, ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ sᴜʀғᴀᴄᴇ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴛᴀᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ sᴘᴇᴄɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴜʙɪᴄʟᴇ ᴀs ᴘᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏɴsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴄᴏᴅᴇ ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅɪɴɢ sᴜᴄʜ ᴇɴᴛɪᴛɪᴇs. ᴅɪsʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏᴡᴀʀᴅs ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇʟᴇsᴛɪᴀʟ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀᴛᴏʀʏ ᴀᴘᴘᴀʀᴀᴛᴜs ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴇʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ. "

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Morton Leichenfaust
[Health - 17][Armor - 12][Accuracy - +1]

Ah, yes, the squirrel incident. Morton suddenly remembered why he went all-digital after his last trip upstairs. Mortals instinctively fear demons, but in Morton's opinion, angels were much creepier. Nothing could make a man feel as unwelcome as 512 eyes all staring at him with contempt. Thank god that was the meanest thing most angels could do without having to fill in a literal mountain of paperwork.

"Don't worry", he said, trying to defuse the situation. "I sent out my best interns to rectify that minor problem!"

---

quote:

He face the skeleton and ask, " was this man's soul not deserve to be taken by the agent of the devil to the very depth of hell?"

The skeleton's attention shifts to a bearded fellow that he did not see before, and then shifts back to the two dimensional man.

"Whoa there, pal. Slow down for a minute. I'm just a simple soul broker. Where souls go after someone dies is not my business; I simply sell to whomever is willing to pay the most. In exchange for FABULOUS prizes!"

He then turns his attention to the bespectacled lady and the man with the skin condition.

"Speaking of business, is there anything I may interest you in? Wealth, power, true love? You sir! Wouldn't you like to own a car that you don't have to share with 40 other people? Or you, madam. I'm sure that bonesaw of yours could need a better, diamond-studded cutting blade! Sir Inigo, how about a fancy new sword, to commemorate the day you took vengeance on your father's killer?"

The skeleton snapped his bony fingers.

Out of nowhere three contracts, feathers, and inkwells appeared.

"Just put your name on the first line, a number somewhere between 1 and 20 on the second, your wish on the third and your signature on the last. I'll get you your stuff as soon as possible!"

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 4, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Byzantiel regards the Geometer. An ivory scroll filled with celestian script appears before it.

"ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ, ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴀɴ ɪs ɪɴɴᴏᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴏʀᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴜʙɪᴏᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴs. ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ʟɪᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ɪs ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsɪʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs sᴛɪᴄᴋᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ's ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴀᴋᴀ. 'sʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀᴇʀ ᴊᴏᴇ'. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ᴀs ᴍᴜʀᴅᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴀssɪᴄᴀʟ sᴇɴsᴇ, ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴜsᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ʀᴇsᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴘᴇʀɪsʜ; ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ ᴀᴄᴄᴏʀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ᴀs 'ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴏᴡᴇʀ ʟᴏʀᴅ'. ʜᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ ᴡʜᴏ, ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴄᴜʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴍᴀʟɪᴄɪᴏᴜs, ʜᴀs ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴋᴇ ᴏғ ʜɪs ᴏᴡɴ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇɴɪᴇɴᴄᴇ. ʜᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇʀᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏғ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ ᴀɴɢᴇʟɪᴄ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ."

Byzantiel casts an appraisive glare at all the people present.

"ᴛʜᴇ sᴛɪᴄᴋᴍᴀɴ ɪs ғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ʜɪᴍ ᴅᴜᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴɪɴɢ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇxᴛʀᴀᴅɪᴍᴇɴsɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴇɴᴛɪᴛɪᴇs. ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ, ʜᴏᴡᴇᴠᴇʀ, sᴇᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴏssᴇss ᴀs ᴍᴀɴʏ sᴘᴀᴛɪᴀʟ ᴅɪᴍᴇɴsɪᴏɴs ᴀs ʜᴇ. ᴅᴏ ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ. ᴊᴜsᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴇᴇᴅs ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇᴅ."

Theantero fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 4, 2015

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Topseeker Creation
Name - Mason
Race - Idiot
Class - Idiot
Health - 18 Armor - 11
Accuracy - +1
Skills - Phys Ed, Bein' eggnored, vandalism

Abyssal Squid posted:

Turning to Mason, "Well, at least SOMEbody's healthy and human! Although hmmm... hrmm... yes, I can see you've got a pre-existing condition. Well, I've got just the thing for your sluggishness." She holds out a few orange capsules for Mason. "Don't be shy, they won't bite, haha! Here, see," and she swallows one of them herself.

"well, Mama always teld me never to gently caress a geft horse in the mouth!" Mason swipes the pills and down they go!

Feeling a little emboldened, Mason turns to the really skinny guy. "HEY! Really skinny guy! You think ur so much bettr than us becuz you ken "reed" and "wrate and sein contracts"?! Who died and let you be king of transporting souls, anyhow?"

Mason turns to the infinity diamond ring that speaks weird: "You look like the cubit zercombunion my pappy gave to my mom on their 25th anniversary, right before their 2nd deevorce" Are you here to judge my sins? If so, it's been a bit since confession - for instance, I went and took the boys down to town and ...." Mason proceeds to list every misdemeanor and/or felony he has attempted to commit for the past 12 years to the infinity diamond ring. What have you DONE?! THIS IS GOING TO TAKE HOURS.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Feeling a little emboldened, Mason turns to the really skinny guy. "HEY! Really skinny guy! You think ur so much bettr than us becuz you ken "reed" and "wrate and sein contracts"?! Who died and let you be king of transporting souls, anyhow?"

Morton Leichenfaust
[Health - 17][Armor - 12][Accuracy - +1]

"Good sir! I wouldn't dare to think of you as a fool. In fact, it is those who can read that often are the fools! They are so obsessed with details and tiny letters that they never stop to think what their heart tells them. Why, I would say you're possibly the smartest person present here!"

After some more idle flattery, Morton decides to sweeten the deal.

"Tell ya' what, here's an offer you just can't refuse. If you fill in the first two fields and put down your signature, I'll let you leave open the third field. That way you can take as much time as you need to think up with a suitable prize. Think of it as store credit".

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I'm gonna laugh if the tower lord keeps being sassy and just tells Giovanni no in the update and none of this happened :v:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

dog kisser posted:

Also imagine yielding from the tower now. You'd be like '...hello?'
I sort of took this as tacit approval for escaping.

Also, I don't want to play as an old dude with 1 hp and no skills.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Pshaw imagine the role playing fun of he crazy babbling man, you've learnt things from beyond time and space you just have to listen to the screams a little more closely! :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
hey crazies - feel free to continue your hilarious shenanigans, but if I can't sneak an update in tonight, you may have to wait till Friday. Busy night tonight, and tomorrow I'll be out onsite soul sampling all day!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

dog kisser posted:

hey crazies - feel free to continue your hilarious shenanigans, but if I can't sneak an update in tonight, you may have to wait till Friday. Busy night tonight, and tomorrow I'll be out onsite soul sampling all day!

No worries, dog kisser! Have fun soul sampling!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Dammerung posted:

No worries, dog kisser! Have fun soul sampling!

I'm going to pretend I meant to write that instead of soil sampling

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Inigo Joe

Inigo shrugs at the explanations of the angel. Clearly this is one of those angel that wants to keep the casualty and paperwork down. An angel of mercy, perhaps?

Whatever this angel is, Inigo is not going to let his revenge slips away that easily. If the angel wants official license to kill, he will get one.

Theantero posted:

"ʜᴀʟᴛ, sᴛɪᴄᴋᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀʀᴀss ɪs ᴛᴇᴄʜɴɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ ᴇxᴛʀᴀᴅɪᴍᴇɴsɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴇʟᴅᴇʀ-ʙᴇɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ. ᴛᴏ ʜᴀʀᴍ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ ʀᴇǫᴜɪʀᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴄᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴇʟᴅʀɪᴛᴄʜ ᴡʀᴀɴɢʟɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ʜᴜɴᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ɢᴇʀɪᴀᴛʀɪᴄs. sɪɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴʏ sᴜᴄʜ ǫᴜᴀʟɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, I ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅ."

Zybourne Clock posted:

"Speaking of business, is there anything I may interest you in? Wealth, power, true love? You sir! Wouldn't you like to own a car that you don't have to share with 40 other people? Or you, madam. I'm sure that bonesaw of yours could need a better, diamond-studded cutting blade! Sir Inigo, how about a fancy new sword, to commemorate the day you took vengeance on your father's killer?"

The skeleton snapped his bony fingers.

Out of nowhere three contracts, feathers, and inkwells appeared.

"Just put your name on the first line, a number somewhere between 1 and 20 on the second, your wish on the third and your signature on the last. I'll get you your stuff as soon as possible!"
"Salesman, produce me a paperworks or licenses that allow me the divine rights to kill this old man over there," Inigo points at Giovanni with his left hand, "it have to be legally approved by the angel over here," Inigo moves his left hand and points at the angel, "with no further interference from it, and I will give you my soul after I kill the old man. Name your price."

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 5, 2015

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager

Now that everyone was settled in at the table and manacled to their seats as was the custom of this restaurant, there was an important issue that needed to be addressed. One that might divide them more then their recent fatal competition.
A question that, if asked, could alter the very nature of everyone present.

“So, have you heard any good music lately?”
It hung in the air, vibrant and threatening. Whatevers keen gaze bore into each and every soul present. Their replies would be judged, harshly.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

CHAUNCEY

"Heard a nice elegy last week."

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei

Longwei meets Whatever's gaze patiently. He's not in the mood to pick a fight, and is not trying to start any conflicts, he just believes it is the most polite thing to do, given the circumstances. And Longwei thinks. He thinks of the tower, of initially bulldozing hoards of goblins. He thinks of scaling a wall, and the moment he thought he was flying. He remembers the poor creature that he hit... Yes, he had hit it! Thinking of it now made Longwei ashamed. He would have tried to make amends had he known, but... He didn't realize. Not until not, anyway. He thinks of clocktowers, and the bearded one, and the one with the impeccable cultural tastes, and the family he crushed, and his wife, and his son, and his father, and his home, and... With a small snort, tears began to form in Longwei's eyes. He would never see any of them again. And soon enough, the people at this table, that he now trusted and regarded as friends... he wouldn't see them, either.

He already missed them.

With all that in mind, Longwei held back his emotions, and answered truthfully. "No."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Nicodemus has good taste in music.

Nicodemus regards Whatever's loaded question, his fingers drumming the catchy tune his accidental villager skeletons had played, Nicodemus purses his lips as the others give negative or half hearted answers and attempts to ply years of social training he'd learned in dealing with the other teens that had made it through selection into the group of potential children for Nicodemus Sr. "Oh you know music nowadays, very little has been all that good recently" pausing a moment he reminisces over the great Death Metal Arena, recalling his first act of necromancy as he reattached the heads of the losing band before reanimating them as roadies for the winners.

Shaking his head gently to get him back on track he follows through "I did recently catch a show in town before coming to the Tower" Nico's hand goes to his lap resting on the small satchel hanging from his waist, he pictures the writ of heresy inside and pictures the horrified faces of his targets "a little band called Unfortunate Implications" he lets his mind drift back to the prior week and imagines the arrow he'd fired into the band's room two vials collapsing and filling the tavern with poisonous gas.

Placing his hand back on top of the table, Nicodemus combs through the social training he'd received ages ago trying to remember the appropriate way to reply about music and lets out an almost unheard "ah" before speaking again recalling the appropriate tone for this conversation "They were fairly good and rather new, but you've probably never heard of them."

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 5, 2015

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Name - Rasheek

Rasheek snorted at the corpse's response to the question. The teenager's intent was obvious, but bowing under and spouting off an answer that reeked of blandness was no answer at all. She tore her eyes away from the soup to place them on the lich.

"Nicodemus, there's no shame in admitting you haven't actually heard any music recently. It is expected that... ancient beings will fall behind the times."

An easy smile found its way back to her face at that. The barb was a small one. A little revenge for thwarting her attempt to rid the world of one more culinary disaster.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Name - Xyz'ck-Mk.X "The Word"

The Word tries to remember what the organics called music. Mathematical progressions of tones both simultaneous an sequential, sometimes accompanied by vocalizations. It was not something The Word was familiar with, however it did have a single tune stored in its library. Something that had stuck in the arcane nodes of the spheres memory banks from a civilization long since wiped out. A proud warrior race, still in the bronze age yet touched by extraplanar influence and civil war. A foolish youth, corrupted by impatience and powers beyond his understanding opened portal into the plane of Phyrexia. The biosphere was harvest in three days. Everything stripped, analyzed, dissected and consumed, save this one sound. With no parables to spout or commands feeding in, The Word simply opted to resonate its shell softly to play the song as ambiance and hoped it was up to date enough to please the younger members of the party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMbnj_Ei2A

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 5, 2015

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Nicodemus turns to Rasheek's interjection smiling warmly "You will recall, as I'm sure you've been diligently paying attention to our conversation, that I have already admitted to being fairly out of touch with the current generation thus my request to the good lady Whatever here for assistance in updating my unfortunately outdated atire, while I do keep to the classics mainly I do enjoy the odd show here and there." Clicking his tongue lightly Nicodemus continues "Truly madam if you cannot keep up with the conversation I must ask that you kindly remain out of it, you do seem a decent sort but I would hate to see you embarrass yourself in terms of social grace in addition to that which you showed upon the rooftops."

Nicodemus becomes uncomfortably aware of how quickly a simple question from the emomancer had drawn him in and turned pleasant conversation into a treacherous path of thorns, and beams inwardly at her ingenuity.

BAAAARBS

Joke response :v: : Nicodemus snarls, his honor upset one to many times in an evening. Snapping his bow out in front of him he begins firing shot after shot across the table at the melee fighter.

Ark: I was almost expecting this for a second haha.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei

Longwei's tail twitched nervously as he looked from Rasheek to Nico, then back again. He felt as if the conversation was about to take a fairly negative turn, and quite unfairly at that! He felt like everybody at the table was a little older than they let on, and there was nothing wrong with that at all. Then again, there also wasn't anything wrong with being young. He thinks of his son, and the one-sided argument they had over his music. His son had been adamant that his genres of music were too much for Longwei to stand, and that Longwei's actual reaction (humming and dancing along with the music, as best he could) was just another sign that they could never connect on the same level. Despite his wife's attempts to assuage his fears, Longwei had regardless spent that night staring up at the stars, wondering if parenting would ever get easier.

As I have told you from the beginning, I would be a much better parent than you. You're a transitional container, nothing more. This will be easier if you accept that. Seriously. You're the one who's supposed to die, but your idiotic attempts at carrying on a conversation are killing me. Do you see how this is problematic?

As the voice interjects, Longwei hears something else behind it. A song that instantly reminds him of the cultured one. Almost involuntarily, he begins to smile, and looks to Nico, and then to Rasheek, and then to The Word. Trying not to hum over what the Word is playing (which is quite nice in its own right!), Longwei begins to nevertheless hum the song that has suddenly gotten stuck in his head, stroking the crystal duck as he does so.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager

When the music had died down and the guests had had their say, the Teenager did not immediately respond to any one submission. Instead, she did the unthinkable. She took off her headphones. Taking care not to disturb her shoulder mounted cat, she plugged the cord into her Arcanomatrix Device and the restaurant flooded with music.

The projection on the table changed to a strange vision of a strange world, figures boiling, bubbling, their souls on fire, screaming. A haunting melody accompanied the images, twisting dark blades of woe into the listeners. The unending beat speaking of the futility of existence. The pain of living was unbearable, it seemed to say, and all hope was lost. In the middle of it all was the singer, a young man with dark hair but without a hint of emotion on his features. His voice as cold as he was pale. A shiver went through the air as the music stopped, and all around them was silence.

“It's pretty deep.” she said, lost in thought.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

The Word silently wishes it had not fixed Whatevers device. At its core it was balck hole, but the sounds spewing forth from every speaker in the resturant threated to pull The Word into a deep well of angst and depression none could escape. It decided to distract itself by focusing on the irresistible feline entity. "Whatever, please state the designation of your personal companion."

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Name - Rasheek

Her eyes tightened in a glare for a moment, before laughter forced its way out of her throat. The air was tense, even though none of them were in a position to harm each other. She might have punched the bone lord could she reach, but he spoke somewhat honestly now. So she must reply in honesty. "Please. If I was worried about social grace I would be happily shoveling this crap into my mouth and puking it up later."

She turned to Whatever after the music faded. "And I just realized I never answered your question. Tastes vary and what not, but It's not good music if you can't dance to it. While I can't claim to have heard any recently, since I put my classes on hold to prepare for this gauntlet. And while energetic dances are certainly more fun, nothing can beat a good waltz."

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Oh dear oh dear :v: staring at your food, refusing to eat, and insulting the chef in a minute! So rude! Haha.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei

Longwei stops humming so he can more respectfully listen to the other songs that are being played. Whatever's song is... interesting. It kind of reminds him of his son's music (Veles! How could he have forgotten his own son's name?!), which he does enjoy! Longwei is open to new things. And so Longwei showed his appreciation, by smiling widely, closing his eyes, and sort of wiggling his body as best he could along with the song. It was very enjoyable! Unfortunately, small twinges of pain prevented him from getting as into the song as he would have liked, but he thought he... felt stronger...?

We'll see, lardass.

His attention temporarily diverted, Longwei turned to Rasheek. Noticing that she didn't appear to be in the best of moods, Longwei decided to be as verbally gentle as possible. "What sorts of foods do you like, ma'am? And how are your classes going? I know my son has been having some difficulty with his history classes... He just doesn't have the best mind for remembering all of those details, but you should see him go to work on a home! Phew!" To emphasize his point, Longwei waves one of his claws around. Unfortunately, his natural clumsiness remained ever present, and he ended up lightly punching himself in the snout.

Hahahaha

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Proselytizing wasn't Byzantiel's department, and in truth, it cared relatively little about the good or evil actions of mortals on any moralistic level. For Byzantiel knew that proper procedure was far more important. After all, mortals would all be processed by their actions eventually regardless of what they did and be assigned their afterlife if applicable, but if the bureaucracy did not operate, then the entire system would grind to a catastrophic halt.

And thus Byzantiel hung in the air, paying no special heed to the words of the stickman. If he could procure the necessary paperwork to pursue his vendetta, then so be it. It wasn't as if Byzantiel held any particular sympathies towards the geometer; it was merely making sure that everything went according to regulation. Instead of interfering, Byzantiel occupied itself by silently listening to Mason's torrential confession. There wasn't any particular reason for it to do so, for all actions of mortals were on record in the celestial archives that it could request access to any time it was necessary.

Byzantiel just really liked lists.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Tumor

After listening in on the pieces that the other topseekers presented to the table Tumor takes his turn. "Woah that was intense, Whatever. No wonder you're so self absorbed. You need to freshen up and enjoy music... And you" the eye stalks quickly turn towards The Word "It's ironic that your tastes are so lyrically lacking when your name is THE WORD.. HAH! Let me show you how it's done."

The flesh ball wretches and turns and out of it top a torso starts growing in the living likeness of...

"Rasheek... shorty, bust out the moves for me while i show these angsty trust fund kiddies how it's done."

Out of it's sides two speakerphones emerge from within the fleshy orb and then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Teenager

Whatever turned her attention to the Word, taking care to stroke her cat gently as she did so.
“This is my cat.” “It is the best cat and it has the best name.” “Her name is.. What's that? You don't want to tell him? She says you can pet her if you like though, but she might bite you. That's her thing.”

Her sharing quota spent, she seemed a bit out of sorts. Looking away, she unplugged her headphones and carefully put them back on her head. The projection on the table changed back to the scenes outside the tower. “That's not how I remember it." She said, clearly contemplating. "I wonder what happened?” Whatever looked down at her device and started fiddling with it. A few moments later the scene changed yet again.

“There we go. Tapped into the last known recordings... Here's us in the village, look you can see Chauncey turning the wheel over there in the corner... and here is the outside the tower at the same time. The lights in the restaurant dimmed for a moment as the table became a miniature representation of a nuclear wasteland, every living being atomized. It shouldn't be possible, as it was only a projection, but a saltshaker tipped over and spread it's fine ashlike contents over the tablecloth, as if the ethereal shockwave still echoed through the astral planes.

“Radical.” “Wanna see that again?” “I can put it in slow motion if you like.” Whatever didn't wait for a reply, immediately repeating the projection. Halfspeed, the wheel turned like molasses, the image of Chauncey straining to complete the floor before it brought the Topseekers more madness. The tower, collapsing, the blimps outside crashing, the tavern evaporating, the stands crumbling like a delicate flower. Life to ashes. The untold suffering. Again and again. In HD.

“It's pretty.” Whatever said. “Don't you think so?” “Pity my school wasn't there.”
“Just kidding.” She clearly wasn't.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

If The Word had eyes the would light up. Not only had it met on of Elesh Norn's chosen, it had granted permission to physically interact with one. A thin tendril of magical energy, shrouded in gentle tactile filters and anti-static runes, reaches out to gently stoke the small cat on its head. Every Phyrexian was loaded with proper feline encounter etiquette routines so The Word made sure to let the cat smell the magical hand first before slowly reaching up to strike it's small head. Words could not describe its sorrow when Whatever pulled back to display the HD slow motion recap for the towers purging. The Word loved watching every moment of the replay, taking care not to gaze into any stray dish of soup or any other dangerous sounding item. A stray message filtered into the Word's processing bank. A new directive for its attention only and sent by the Grand Cenobite herself. ADDENDUM: APPEND TO PRIME OBJECTIVE AS SECONDARY MISSON GOAL AND SELF TERMINATION PROCEDURES:FELINE IN POSSESSION OF HUMAN ORGANIC INSTAR DESIGNATION WHATEVER:PROTECT:COMMAND PRIORITY BETA:RESUME AUTONOMOUS OPERATION:HAIL PHYREXIA

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Dog Kisser deliver us from this pleasant conversation.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Green Intern posted:

Dog Kisser deliver us from this pleasant conversation.

:kheldragar:

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

quote:

Longwei

The pudgy fuzzy and The Word interacting would have normally made Longwei devolve into an excited, slobbery blur of waving claws and flab, but he continued to exhibit uncharacteristic restraint. He instead merely waits for Rasheek's response. Man, dinner conversations could be hard to follow!

...2 0 . 3 5 6... 1 4 2 0 . 4 5 5 6...

And that was even worse somehow!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Roscoe

Roscoe continues to eat soup. Everything else is secondary to getting this awful taste out of his mouth.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

More blood'll get that taste out! :unsmigghh:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I... I have no idea what is happening anymore

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Well it's no surprise that a brobarian doesn't understand fine dining.

Green Intern posted:

Roscoe continues to eat soup. Everything else is secondary to getting this awful taste out of his mouth.

This is good, but needs three more paragraphs.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The Lord of the Tower purged the wrong topseekers.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Needs more violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Tsyni posted:

The Lord of the Tower purged the wrong topseekers.

I wonder what would have happened if Giovanni had merged the bell floor with a floor where the rules had been modified so that both teams win. With so many different realities there ought to have been at least a few such versions.

Shame I didn't realize that possibility back then!

• Locked thread