Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Little Ceaser's gimmick is you walk right in and buy a premade pizza they just reheat. Cool, they're cheap and if you just want a quick dinner that's okay I guess. The problem is that they keep trying to burn Pizza Hut and Dominos with this line of thinking "Who wants to go on such a COMPLICATED website and order a pizza!?".

I've used the Pizza Hut site. It's literally just picking what you want, it's doesn't require an advanced degree Little Ceasers.

They make it fresh, their whole thing is just they're able to have it ready all the time because they have such a limited menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OldTennisCourt posted:

Little Ceaser's gimmick is you walk right in and buy a premade pizza they just reheat. Cool, they're cheap and if you just want a quick dinner that's okay I guess. The problem is that they keep trying to burn Pizza Hut and Dominos with this line of thinking "Who wants to go on such a COMPLICATED website and order a pizza!?".

I've used the Pizza Hut site. It's literally just picking what you want, it's doesn't require an advanced degree Little Ceasers.

Hey Dominos believes that ordering a pizza is complicated enough that they needed to make a voice app to take orders. Because apparently pushing buttons or actually calling a store is too difficult.

While I don't really like the idea of it, I understand the point of having an app/website to take orders because it reduces some phone traffic to the store and allows the workers in the store to be more productive or feel less stressed/pressured, but I absolutely don't get why there needs to be a voice app.

It's kind of like those stupid Visa Checkout commercials that have people making fast reservations/buying stuff while doing something stupid/complicated. Are people really in such a hurry now that 15 extra seconds is going to stop them from making a purchase?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dominos is the company that aired commercials trying to convince people not to call to order from them.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

muscles like this? posted:

Dominos is the company that aired commercials trying to convince people not to call to order from them.

they also made commercials talking about how lovely their pizza was, but now it's totally better

on several different occasions over the last decade

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
There is a Budweiser ad that is supposed to be about drinking responsibly. People at a bar phone for a cab, and the Clydesdales come and pick them up.

Were the Clydesdales sitting around the corner the whole time? How do the drunk people know that the Clydesdales are there for them from halfway down the street?("Is that our cab?") How does the horse team waiting for these people know that they have drunk enough Anheuser-Busch swill until they are mildly intoxicated?

How do they know they were drinking Bud products anyway? They could be drinking anything. Martinis, or Scotch on the rocks. What if they were drinking Miller? Or Guinness? Maybe they were ultra-hipsters, and drinking one of the European beers not associated with Anheuser-Busch also named Budweiser(over 100 legal disputes).

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Nerdfest X posted:

Were the Clydesdales sitting around the corner the whole time?

Are you familiar with the burgeoning field of ridesharing? They partnered with the ridesharing company Lyft.

Nerdfest X posted:

How do the drunk people know that the Clydesdales are there for them from halfway down the street?("Is that our cab?")

because of Lyft's app

Nerdfest X posted:

How does the horse team waiting for these people know that they have drunk enough Anheuser-Busch swill until they are mildly intoxicated?

They used Lyft

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nerdfest X posted:

There is a Budweiser ad that is supposed to be about drinking responsibly. People at a bar phone for a cab, and the Clydesdales come and pick them up.

Were the Clydesdales sitting around the corner the whole time? How do the drunk people know that the Clydesdales are there for them from halfway down the street?("Is that our cab?") How does the horse team waiting for these people know that they have drunk enough Anheuser-Busch swill until they are mildly intoxicated?

How do they know they were drinking Bud products anyway? They could be drinking anything. Martinis, or Scotch on the rocks. What if they were drinking Miller? Or Guinness? Maybe they were ultra-hipsters, and drinking one of the European beers not associated with Anheuser-Busch also named Budweiser(over 100 legal disputes).

Considering they were being filmed the whole time, I would say those people were probably in on it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

OldTennisCourt posted:

The Pizza Hut app had some dumb poo poo that made you shake the toppings on the pizza. It's cute, but come on.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rudoku posted:

The Pizza Hut app had some dumb poo poo that made you shake the toppings on the pizza. It's cute, but come on.

Pizza hut should use the same app Digorno did to make their own magical creations

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

What I'm saying is I want a dickbutt pizza hut stuft crust pizza

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojoBHjZohI

At 1:30 - he's going to gently caress that bear, isn't he?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
After years of hearing ads for it, can we just put EVERY Vermont Teddy Bear ad in the "Ads We Hate" category?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rirse posted:

After years of hearing ads for it, can we just put EVERY Vermont Teddy Bear ad in the "Ads We Hate" category?

That would save some time.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

At 1:30 - he's going to gently caress that bear, isn't he?

By the end of the commercial they're strongly implying a m/f/b threesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm getting really tired of Popeye's ads. They have this smug superiority to them that seems really unearned. The latest one is especially bad because they have a representative of the "other guys" in it and they dress him poorly and give him a goofy voice.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Popeyes owns though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I could tear up some popeyes biscuits right now

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EY LISTEN UP, DIS IS JIMMY HEAH

gently caress you and your loving zippy snore device, Jimmy. Get off my radio.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I've never been to Sonic, and their commercials give me zero desire to change that.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Sonic's food is terrible even compared to any other fast food joint. The only reason to go there is for weird drinks/shakes

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
White people shouldn't rap, 2015 version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SRdNjBPnzQ

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Vicas posted:

they also made commercials talking about how lovely their pizza was, but now it's totally better

on several different occasions over the last decade

And it's been a magnificent success.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Timett posted:

Sonic's food is terrible even compared to any other fast food joint. The only reason to go there is for weird drinks/shakes

Sonic is actually pretty good, you must not go to many fast food places if you think it's anything approaching the worst.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

raditts posted:

Sonic is actually pretty good, you must not go to many fast food places if you think it's anything approaching the worst.

I like their breakfast offerings

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

raditts posted:

I'm still waiting for the Sonic fast food/Sonic the Hedgehog tie in commercial :colbert:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sonic's burgers are blah but their coneys are great.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Sonic had this one hamburger a couple years ago with pepperjack cheese and some kind of pepper sauce.

I really liked it. Wish they'd bring it back.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Sonic's burgers are blah but their coneys are great.

That's the drat truth!!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Their fire island burger was pretty nice. :shobon:

Breakfast burritos are loving radical, though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I saw a slightly shorter version of this commercial last night on adult swim. I thought they made it at first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcAj3lOyv3s

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I had the exact same same reaction. "Heh an after-school PSA parody... Wait... this is real :stare:"

I mean I guess it's sort of good that they're flat out saying how smoking makes you unattractive and unpleasant to be around in the eyes of normal people, but putting it in the form of a three minute hip hop video with people making goofy exaggerated faces and unironically shouting "HASH TAG" was pretty grating.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I feel like that song was made to be sung by Drag Queens about Grindr but somehow the muse missed her mark and it ended up in someone whose idea of funny is "let's just make it kinda bad, but ironically" like a post-'aughties version of the late 90's without a single lick of self-awareness about how kinda mean-spirited the whole thing is.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gaunab posted:

I saw a slightly shorter version of this commercial last night on adult swim. I thought they made it at first

I just saw this on my tv and now I want to lead some sort of genocide against anyone that made that, thought it was a good idea, or appeals to.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Isn't that one of the epic meal time dipshits in the preview thumbnail thing

gross

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Capn Beeb posted:

Isn't that one of the epic meal time dipshits in the preview thumbnail thing

gross

They're all YouTube celebs

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I like this one: http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7xHm/progressive-talk-show-featuring-maury-povich

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Sash! posted:

I just saw this on my tv and now I want to lead some sort of genocide against anyone that made that, thought it was a good idea, or appeals to.

I just saw this. It's so goddamn long.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Sash! posted:

Excellent. I'll take all the hot chicks that smoke, not to mention I don't want to be with someone who's going to be a massive bitch about something I like anyway.

I haven't had a cigarette for a couple of months now, but goddamn does the self-righteousness of most non-smokers piss me off.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sash! posted:

If I ever run into someone that worked on or was in a Truth ad, I'm going to tell them that their terrible ads were what made me start smoking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gaunab posted:

This was the first thing I saw when I started Mike Tyson Mysteries on my DVR. It's like they pulled someone through a time portal from the 90s, gave them a quick rundown on technological advancements in mobile phones, then immediately set them to work on an anti smoking PSA.